Tower Staircase
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Jun 21 2012, 08:52 AM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

user posted image
A long winding staircase leading to the cell at the top of the tower.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Aliyah Prince
 Posted: Jan 28 2016, 03:23 PM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
103 POSTS
16 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Aliyah walked up to the West Tower, carrying the guitar she'd borrowed from Luke. After meeting Aiden the other day, she was determined to spend more time in the arts, even if her parents didn't like it.

Sitting down on the top stair, Aliyah started looking through a book of guitar chords, learning them slowly. There was one song she really wanted to learn on here, and she sang softly to the strumming of the guitar.

"Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely wo-orld,
she took the midnight train going anywhere...

Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit,
he took the midnight train goin' aanywhere..."

She'd never felt so happy before...playing this guitar seemed to calm her down.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Thea!
PMEmail
^
Azure Snow
 Posted: Jan 29 2016, 01:02 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
132 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Undefined

Azure was wandering the castle once more, looking for places she could hide out in during the school year, when it all got crowded again. With a little bit of luck she would be able to have several places to hide out. Today, she decided to look in the West Tower. As she climbed the steps she heard singing. Curious she followed it to find an older Ravenclaw girl, sitting and playing a guitar. Purple eyes opening wide in surprise she stuttered out O-oh! S-sorry! I didn't mean to interrupt you! She hesitantly took a step back. Perhaps she should just come back later.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Aliyah Prince
 Posted: Jan 30 2016, 11:49 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
103 POSTS
16 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Aliyah just finished singing the chorus of the song, when she saw a young Hufflepuff come up the stairs and apologize for interrupting her. Oh, you're not interrupting. she smiled at the girl. I'm just trying to teach myself guitar here.

I'm Aliyah, you can call me Ali though. she said. You can come up here and join me, if you'd like. Do you play any instruments? Ali asked her.

Noticing the younger girl had a lighter shade of purple eyes, Ali wondered if she was related to Syah, but decided not to ask.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Thea!
PMEmail
^
Azure Snow
 Posted: Jan 30 2016, 10:48 PM

Hufflepuff Third Year
132 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Undefined

Azure smiled shyly and said It's nice to meet you, Ali. I'm Azure. This girl seemed nice enough! Maybe they could be friends? Azure hoped so!
Shyly, but gratefully, she took a seat next to Ali and said Well, I can play piano a bit...

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Aliyah Prince
 Posted: Feb 1 2016, 11:01 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
103 POSTS
16 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"It's nice to meet you as well, Azure." she smiled at the girl.

She moved over a bit to make room for the girl and looked at her when she said she played piano. "Really? That's cool. Do you take lessons?" she wondered.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Thea!
PMEmail
^
Azure Snow
 Posted: Feb 1 2016, 09:48 PM

Hufflepuff Third Year
132 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Undefined

Azure smiled and said I used to, my cousin taught me, and now I play whenever I can. Speaking of which, she'd have to find some time to play now that she knew where to find a piano.

Curious, she asked Do you play any other instruments?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Aliyah Prince
 Posted: Feb 3 2016, 09:42 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
103 POSTS
16 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

When Azure mentioned that it had been her cousin that taught her piano, Aliyah asked "Do you happen do be related to Syah Kennedy?" It just seemed like too much of a coincidence-the purple eyes, the cousin that taught her piano.

"No, I don't"
she shook her head when Azure asked if she played other instruments. "My mum and dad never wanted me to, so with the help of a friend, I'm learning guitar." Ali smiled.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Thea!
PMEmail
^
Azure Snow
 Posted: Feb 4 2016, 12:53 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
132 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Undefined

Azure nodded with a smile and said Yeah, Syah's my cousin, the one who taught me to play! Those were good memories. She'd have to try to meet up with Syah again soon. Maybe they could play together!

Azure smiled and said Well that's cool! That you can teach yourself I mean.... Do you know how to play any songs yet?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Aliyah Prince
 Posted: Feb 4 2016, 10:05 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
103 POSTS
16 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

She smiled when Azure told her that Syah was her cousin. "Ah, I thought so. The purple eyes kind of gave it away. Syah told me the story about it." she said with a nod. The story was so beautiful!

"It is, although I'm not totally teaching myself, I do have a bit of help." she said. "Well, I'm learning Don't Stop Believing, it's one of my favorites. Other than that, I'm just learning the chords. I can't really play the songs without the chords!" she laughed a bit.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Thea!
PMEmail
^
Azure Snow
 Posted: Feb 4 2016, 09:03 PM

Hufflepuff Third Year
132 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Undefined

Azure smiled and said Ah yeah..... She remembered when she first heard the story. It really was beautiful.

With that she said Well that sounds like fun! She should consider taking up another instrument.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Venus LaFont
 Posted: Aug 4 2016, 11:43 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
86 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

After a few hours of reading in one of her new books, Venus decided that it was time to go out again. She really had to meet some people at some point and maybe, today was the day. After all, you could never know what was going to happen next. While walking up the stairs of the west tower, Venus tried to remember the last time she had seen her little brother. It seemed like the two of them only saw each other every once in a while, mostly during vacation.

With a soft sigh V sat down on the stairs and started humming a soft melody. She had heard it in a muggle movie and ever since she couldn't forget about it. Her blonde hair was braided and had some pins in it that Venus started picking at, every once in a while.

Jack Quinn

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jack Quinn
 Posted: Aug 7 2016, 01:44 PM

Slytherin Seventh Year
55 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jack was just.. wandering around really. He was hoping he would be able to find Claire again, but it seemed she had once again, gone missing. He sighed a bit as he started to head up to the towers..

He perhaps if he loitered around for long enough he might be able to see some of his family. That's what sucked about being the only one in a different house, he couldn't just walk into the common room to see them.

Not to mention, answering riddles on a daily basis? Who did that?

He was walking up a staircase when he noticed a blonde girl at the bottom..

"Hello." Jack said with a warm smile as he moved to get passed her.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Venus LaFont
 Posted: Aug 7 2016, 02:22 PM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
86 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Venus looked up when she heard footsteps coming in her direction. "Hey", she said returning the smile. "Where are you heading to?", she then asked curiously while shifting a bit to create more space between them so he'd be able to pass by.

The boy wore a Slytherin uniform and had dark hair. He looked a bit like the guy Claire had described to her but then again, there were many dark haired Slytherins, this didn't have to mean anything.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jack Quinn
 Posted: Aug 9 2016, 12:30 PM

Slytherin Seventh Year
55 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jack gave the blonde girl a small smile as she scooted over for him to pass.. Which he did,before settling down on the stair right above her..

"I was actually just sort of wandering around to see if I could find anyone I know." He said with a bit of a smile.. "Most of my family are in Ravenclaw, so I was hoping that maybe hanging out around here would help me find them.

So far no luck."
Jack grinned at the girl.

"Hey, I'm Jack Quinn.." He said with another smile.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Venus LaFont
 Posted: Aug 12 2016, 06:13 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
86 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Venus shifted a bit on the stair she was sitting on, so it was easier to look at the boy who sat down behind her.

"Maybe you could try taking a look at the library?" Venus suggested with a shrug. Ravenclaws liked spending time in the library after all.

"But I know the struggle. Two of my brothers are Gryffindors and one is a Slytherin. Sometimes it's kinda hard to find them", Venus told the back.

"Quinn.." Venus repeated, thinking about the name. She had heard it before. Suddenly a thought popped into her head. "Are Brie and Brin your sisters?" She asked Jack curiously. She knew that the twins had a few siblings but she always asumed that all of them were Ravenclaws.

"I'm Venus LaFont." She introduced herself.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jack Quinn
 Posted: Aug 12 2016, 02:04 PM

Slytherin Seventh Year
55 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jack grinned a bit as the blonde girl spoke.. "Ahh, you see that was actually my first stop." He said as he pointed at her.. "But, good idea.. that is usually where I find them." He had gone straight to all their favorite places in the library too.. but still nothing..

He ran a hand through his hair as he looked over at her and smiled. "Oh! So you know all about it.. I'm the only one in Slytherin! All the rest of my family are Ravenclaws.. and.. let me tell you it's a bit weird.. but still.. " He shrugged a bit.. "So how do you get a hold of your brothers.. Short of standing in front of the common room and yelling their names."

He chuckled again and then nodded as she asked about his sisters.. "They are indeed, and Colby and Asiago are my brothers.." He explained with a warm smile before nodding at her..

"Well, it's nice to meet you Venus LaFont.." He tilted his head a little.. "Wait.. are you Ethan's sister?" He asked her curiously..

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Venus LaFont
 Posted: Aug 13 2016, 06:42 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
86 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Venus chuckled a bit. "Well, then I'm not sure how to find them. If you want me to I could take a look at the common room?" V suggested with a smile.

"Well, it's a bit weird for us too but I kinda suspected it when we first came to Hogwarts. We're triplets but I've always been the one walking around with a book, rather sitting inside and reading than breaking a few bones while playing quidditch.. It did surprise me that the other two were sorted into different houses though", Venus told Jack. Thinking about it, her brothers and her were a lot closer before they started going to Hogwarts. Sure, they had their differences but that never really bothered them.

Venus shrugged a bit. "I've rarely seen my younger brother since I started coming to Hogwarts and everytime I see him, he's to busy to talk, so I gave up at some point. The other two.. Well, usually I just check the great hall during dinner and tell them to meet me somewhere." Sure, she could always send them an owl, telling them to meet up somewhere but V wasn't a big fan of owls, so she rather talked to them during dinner.

Venus had heard about Colby at some point but she didn't know who Asiago was. Maybe he was a few years younger, she rarely knew people who were in another year.

She grinned as Jack mentioned Ethan. "Yeah, the one and only."

This post has been edited by Venus LaFont: Aug 13 2016, 06:43 AM

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jack Quinn
 Posted: Aug 14 2016, 04:57 PM

Slytherin Seventh Year
55 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jack shook his head as Venus spoke and he grinned at her a bit.. "Naw that's totally fine.. at least not right now.. We are talking right?" He was having fun talking to her!

He nodded as she spoke and explained her situation.. "Yeah, sometimes you just know where someone is meant to be before you get sorted.. but still it's so weird that you all are in different houses! It was just Slytherin and Ravenclaw with his family, but he knew her brothers were in Gryffindor and Slytherin.. Crazy..

"Ahh, we still try to see each other now and then.. We have study dates in the library and once a month we meet up to have dinner together on the grounds.. but it's still.. not the same you know?" He said with a shrug as he smiled at Venus for a moment..

"And how is it having such a playboy for a brother?" Especially when she herself seemed so shy.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Venus LaFont
 Posted: Aug 15 2016, 07:01 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
86 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"Alright, well, if you ever find yourself searching for them and see me, feel free to ask, I'll take a look at the common room for you." Venus replied with a smile.

Venus nodded her head, the smile got a bit smaller. She wasn't sure why but sometimes she wished that all of them were in the same house.. But then again, she wouldn't fit in any other house than Ravenclaw and her brothers didn't fit in Ravenclaw. "It's weird but I guess that's just the way it's supposed to be. But I guess it's not bad to be in different houses. I love going home during vacation because I get to spend time with them and although they're really annoying at some points, it's fun. My best friend Claire is a Slytherin and all her siblings are too, they're arguing a lot more than we are." V told Jack. It had it's advantages not to see each other so often, she hadn't argued with Eric or Ethan in a long time.

Venus thought about setting up a study date for her and her brothers.. She highly doubted that Ethan or Eric would show up. Dinner sounded good though, maybe she could suggest that at some point.

A laugh escaped Venus. "It's fun most of the time. Many girls think he is oh so awesome but for me he's just my brother. I could tell many funny and embarassing stories about him, of course I'd never do that, but still.. It's weird that so many girls like him.

But sometimes it's a bit annoying. Most people don't know that we're related and a few times girls came up to me and wanted to know why someone like me was talking to someone like him. "
Usually when something like that happened, Venus simply turned around and left, she didn't like talking to people she didn't know, especially not when they were rude..

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jack Quinn
 Posted: Aug 15 2016, 01:19 PM

Slytherin Seventh Year
55 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jack smiled warmly at the blonde girl as she spoke. "Well thank you so much Venus, I really appreciate that." He said with a nod as he shifted his position on the stair a bit..Trying to get a bit more comfortable on the hard stone stair before he grinned a bit..

He pulled out his wand and cast the cushioning spell on the step and grinned a bit.. Ahhh so comfy.. "Do you want me to cushion your stone too?" He asked Venus, before looking at her as she spoke again.

"Ahh yeah, see my family all argues amongst themselves and so they all come to me to help work things out." He said with a shake of his head.. Though his eyebrows raise a little as she spoke next.. "You know Claire?" He asked her curiously..

Before his brow furrowed a bit at her last statement.. "They actually came up to you and said that? That's.. so incredibly rude.. You are totally pretty enough to talk to any guy you want." Jack said with a shake of his head..

"Let me know who they are next time and I'll make sure they don't go saying that again.." Why in the hell were people so damn mean sometimes?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Venus LaFont
 Posted: Aug 16 2016, 11:24 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
86 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jack really seemed to be one of the nicer snakes Venus had met so far. She smiled back at him and answered, "You're welcome."

Venus scrunched her eyebrows, wondering why Jack had taken his wand out of his pocket. Then she watched him do the cushioning spell and nodded once he offered to do one for her too. "That'd be great, thank you Jack!"

She listened to his words with a small smile. It had to be nice that all his siblings asked him to help working things out, maybe a little annoying after a while, but in first place this meant that they really trusted him, right?

As he mentioned Claire, the smile on her face formed into a grin. "Yeah, she's my best friend. Has been since our first year." A memory of that day appeared in her head and she chuckled a bit to herself. Someone had shoved Venus out of the way, right into Claire, which caused Claire to get a little angry. Luckily she wasn't angry at Venus but at the boy who shoved her. First she just yelled at him for shoving someone against her but in the end she also yelled at him for being so unfriendly to Venus, although they hadn't known each other before, and from then on they we're friends. "Are you friends with her?" Venus asked curiously.

Venus shrugged at Jack's sentence. "I think they like to say mean things to almost everyone who's talking to Ethan and Eric. Well, at least if they seemed to be interested or something. Of course, they're not interesting in me but I manage to make them laugh, so I guess that was the reason why she was so mean." She didn't understand why girls were mean to each other because of a boy, but she was sure that she never wanted to be like this.

"That's nice but not necessary. I don't want any trouble or unnecessary attention, you know?" In the end, Venus smiled at Jack. Usually she ignored mean comments, it simply didn't matter to her, if someone she didn't even knew, thought something bad about her.

This post has been edited by Venus LaFont: Aug 16 2016, 11:25 AM

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jack Quinn
 Posted: Aug 17 2016, 01:53 PM

Slytherin Seventh Year
55 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jack smiled warmly at Venus as he spoke and he aimed her wand at her stone and cushioned it as well.. "There.. now they aren't so hard.. Magic is amazing." He said with a warm grin at her as he put his wand back in it's holster..

He watched her as she smiled when Claire was brought up and he grinned as she said that they were friends.. Best friends at that! "Really? Well that's super amazing." He said with an easy grin as he ran a hand through his dark hair..

Though he shifted a bit on his seat as she asked if he was friends with her.. "Well.. uhh.. maybe? I.. sorta like her a bit.." He felt his face heat up a little as he ran a hand through his hair a little nervously.. "So.. yeah I know her." He said as he shifted around uncomfortably..

Jack shook his head.. "Well, I'm sorry that had to happen to you." He said with a nod, she was so nice and pretty.. Girls were just too mean to her..

Jack smiled at her.. "All right, but the offer stands." He said with a nod.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Venus LaFont
 Posted: Aug 21 2016, 09:01 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
86 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"Thank you, Jack." Venus said after she felt the stone become more comfortable. "You're right, magic is great." She was really happy to be a witch and not a squib or a muggle. Thinking about it, being a squib was probably even worse than being a muggle.. Or at least she imagined it would be.

A big grin spread across Venus face when she heard that Jack liked Claire. This definitely was the Jack, Claire had been talking about. "You should totally ask her out." Venus told him. Claire would like it, she was sure about that, and Jack was nice. She liked it when Claire spend time with nice people, she seemed to be a bit nicer herself, after spending time with them.

Venus shook her head slighty, still having a smile on her face. "Doesn't matter now. Thanks for the offer, though."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Jack Quinn
 Posted: Aug 21 2016, 03:45 PM

Slytherin Seventh Year
55 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jack smiled warmly, "You are most welcome Venus." He said with a nod as he chuckled at her next words, "It is indeed amazing isn't it?" He did not know how he would function without magic if he was honest. It was too much a part of him..

The dark haired boy was snapped out of his thoughts as he Venus spoke again and he almost felt his heart jump out of his chest.. "Really? Do you.. think she would say yes?" He asked in a voice that was both excited and nervous! He wanted to ask Claire out, she was so pretty and fun and exciting.. but he didn't think she could like him!

He smiled warmly.. "Anytime Venus.. I mean that." He said with a nod over at the blonde girl.. He felt slightly protective of her now.. and wanted to make sure she was happy and safe. It was the least he could do for Clair's best friend.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Venus LaFont
 Posted: Aug 23 2016, 12:27 PM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
86 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Venus nodded with a bright smile. "No idea what I'd do without magic." She told him honestly. It was very difficult, if not impossible, to imagine a world without magic.

She chuckled at Jack's reaction. "Of course I think so, otherwise I wouldn't have told you to do it. But really, you should." So far, Venus had been right about Claire almost every time. The two of them didn't see each other too often lately, but often enough for V to know that Claire had a crush on Jack. She was happy to see that this wasn't as pointless as having a crush on Ethan was, but Jack actually liked Claire back. Not that Ethan didn't like Claire, just not in that way.

"That's very nice, Jack. I should get going though, maybe I'll be lucky and meet one of my brothers." Venus said before getting up. Maybe she'd really see one of her brothers, she was starting to miss them. And maybe, just maybe, Jack would run into Claire, the chance wasn't very big, but V didn't care. She gave Jack a last smile, then turned to leave.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ