View All Announcements

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Herb And Plant Greenhouse, Greenhouse # 6
Anna Grant
 Posted: Feb 23 2012, 09:59 PM

Slytherin Third Year
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"Poly-what Potion?" Anna gave her friend a bemused look. "What's that? Is it useful?" Despite knowing a little more than an average first year, mostly thanks to having an older brother who told her all about Hogwarts, she did not know everything. Besides, it was going to be fun learning, too, though that particular potion sounded difficult.

"Flying," the girl confirmed with a giggle. "How come you weren't around in charms, or are you in different section? And yup, DADA with you and Eir." She then tilted her head at the bundle of knotgrass in front of her. "Can you believe it, we share a couple of lessons but don't really get to talk there. Amazing." That was addressed as much to the plant as to Amber.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Katheryne Henley - thank you! Shipper! Callboard! friends by me
PMEmailYIM
^
Amber Oakley
 Posted: Feb 27 2012, 09:36 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
634 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Amber giggled at Anna. "I asked the same question when I was told. It's a potion so that you can turn into someone else for an hour. It's pretty sweet if you ask me. Sounds horribly painful, but whatever. I'd totally do it to play a prank on someone I do not like...that hasn't happened yet though!" She did have a question, "Hey, question, are you pureblood? I don't think I know. I am completely muggle and didn't learn anything about magic until I got here. Then it explained why weird things were happening at home!" She giggled again and looked at the plant next to the knotgrass. Shrivelfig - and she would not touch that thing without her gloves.

She hoped that a Slytherin would accept her...especially for being muggle. Anna seemed sweet enough not to be rash on her. She waited for her reply anxiously and hoped to get to know the girl better while they are here.

"Oh Flying...I am really bummed we haven't learned too much yet in there! It's terrifying as well! As soon as I learn to fly I will be getting a broom and trying out for Quidditch hopefully! We'll see. And as for Charms...I am in Intermediate Charms. It's really sweet. We are learning a slew of different charms. You MUST take it next year!" she hoped her friend was as crazy as her and Eir. Taking lots of classes may be hard but it is so worth it in the end! "Yeah, I also don't like to talk much in classes. It scares me to make any professor mad. Hey, do you know what you want to be when you grow up?" It seemed a harmless question, but maybe she also knew at a young age what she wanted to do, just like herself and Eir.

--------------------
user posted image
Props for signature to Eirlys
PM
^
Anna Grant
 Posted: Feb 27 2012, 10:38 PM

Slytherin Third Year
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Anna listened carefully, making a mental note about the potion. "I guess I wouldn't mind looking like someone else, but what if you get stuck that way, or worse, pick a wrong ingredient?" She hazarded, grinning. "It'd be awful." Turning to the plant, she gave a firm nod. "You're even useful, aren't you?"

Huh, to answer or not to answer... Still, she'd better tell someone, and Amber was all right. "I'm a halfblood," the girl admitted, fidgeting a little. "My grandparents on my dad's side are muggles. And Auntie, Tom, and I live in muggle neighborhood." The girl shook her head, amused. "I only know the stuff I know thanks to Tom and his textbooks, else I'd be like you - all muggle. And I wouldn't mind that in the least."

The girl then shook her head when Amber mentioned Quidditch tryouts. "I'll cheer you on when Hufflepuff isn't playing Slytherin, but my feet will be firmly on the ground," she declared, giggling. Then nodded, agreeing with her friend about classes. "As for what I want to do when I grow up - I'm going to be a Healer. That is... if I survive school first." Turning to the plant, she continued, "I think I'll also keep up with herbology. See how much they're learning? It's all so interesting."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Amber Oakley
 Posted: Feb 28 2012, 12:18 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
634 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Amber giggled at Anna, "Yeah, that'd be horrible! That's the scary part. This term we actually had to try the potions on ourselves...I mean, it was Fun with Potions. So a belching powder and a hiccup thing, but those last only 30 minutes. From what I have been told, things only last so long - and that's pretty common and doesn't really change." Anna had a knack with plants. She was talking with them, and got them. Reminded her of herself a bit.

"Hey, halfblood is great! How's that flying in Slytherin, though? Is Tom your brother?" she asked, hoping she wasn't prying too much. "Being muggle has been extremely hard for me coming here. I knew NOTHING. I got the letter and didn't even know witches existed! So...yeah...that was crazy," she added, fidgeting as well. "So you live with your aunt? Sorry if I pry...I just want to get to know you..." With that, Amber hung her head a little, hoping she didn't offend Anna.

She then laughed at the Quidditch answer. "Haha, well flying is so much like sailing for me...so I have to have it. I am so deprived of muggle things it's ridiculous. Wait...healer? I am in the Jr. Healers program! It's really fun. So, if you have your Herbology, Potion, and Basic Charms quills by the end of this year, you can come work with me!" Amber was really excited by this point and said all of that really fast. "You'll survive school. Friends help with that...that's one thing that Hufflepuff is good at. They know exactly when you're going crazy!"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Anna Grant
 Posted: Feb 28 2012, 06:19 PM

Slytherin Third Year
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"Well, that's good, isn't it?" Anna asked. "Stuff like this Polyjuice - " she was very careful on how to pronounce the word this time. "It only lasts a certain amount, so if you done it wrong, the after-effects're bound to wear off, right?" Hopefully. "On the other hand," she continued, half to Amber, half to the plant, "what if it's a pain-reliever, or something similar? Would that be good or bad if it wears off?" Common sense was needed here. Addiction to potion versus temporary relief from awful pain. Right now, she couldn't tell which one was better.

"Hey, it's all right, I want to get to know you, too," Anna giggled. "Yup, Tom's my older brother. It really helped me that he was at Hogwarts before, up to a point. So I wasn't weirded out by an owl on my eleventh birthday, I knew how to find a library, and I also have it on record from him that all that can go wrong will go wrong here, so I'm fore-warned." The girl shook her head, giggling quietly. "I knew magic was real, since both Auntie and Tom do little things around the house. Of course, that plays havoc with electricity sometimes, so they watch where they do magic." Tilting her head to the side as Amber asked about Slytherin, the girl had to think. "I think I'm adjusting," she said slowly, amused. "It can be fun sometimes." Thinking a little, the girl added, "what about you? How's your family working?"

Laughing at Amber's 'going crazy' comment, Anna's interest was caught by her previous statement more. "Junior Healers?" The girl asked, curious. "What do you do, exactly?" She really hoped she would make it through the year, and manage to get into that program. It would be a help, and a motivation, too. "It'd be a nice reminder," she added quietly, talking more to the plant than Amber. "Others might need help, right away. And I could be the only one around to do that."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Amber Oakley
 Posted: Feb 29 2012, 09:15 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
634 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"Yeah, with Polyjuice, it will eventually wear off. Sometimes you'd have to go to the hospital wing if it really goes wrong, but normally it will wear off itself. The pain reliever things are kind of cool. You take it, then you take another potion to go to sleep...and when you're better, you wake up. That's what I just learned from the last patient I helped treat. It's sweet," she replied to Anna. Amber realized she had a huge passion for healing, but couldn't go any further. She was studying potions, but really didn't know exactly how they worked. That was a problem. She made a mental note to ask about all of her studies as soon as she saw Emma. She continued, "In the Junior Healers Program, you are assigned to an adult healer. You basically follow them around and learn everything you can. It is very hands on. My first day there I gave a potion and just did random things that were needed. It's cool to see. And outside of classes and being in the Wing, we can look up charms and potions and practice them in a room that is in the Hospital Wing. Sorry, I am done talking about that for now, I am being too long winded!"

With a rather embarrassed giggle, she took out her water bottle from her satchel and took a drink. "You want a drink? It's just water. I have had enough of pumpkin juice," she laughed and held it out to her just in case. She thought about what to ask Anna next. "It's good that they didn't hide it. How much older is Tom? And this maybe personal, but what about your parents? What down did you grow up in?" She thought that was enough questions, so she took another drink. "Family as in real family or as in Hufflepuff? Well, Hufflepuff is quite amazing. Welcomed me, laughed with me - not at me, and I consider them to be the people who helped me most through my transition here. As for real family, I am an open book - question away!"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Anna Grant
 Posted: Feb 29 2012, 09:40 PM

Slytherin Third Year
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Anna listened with interest. “Learning new spells,” she nodded. “That I would definitely like to do. What about regular healing methods, which don’t involve magic?” Imagining she was stuck without a wand, the girl shook her head. “Imagine if you’re stuck without a wand, and someone nearby needs help. Do they show how to exit from that situation?”

She then had to think about her own family, and shrugged, covering the pause by taking the offered water bottle and drinking a little from it, then returning it to its owner. “Thank you. Well, my brother Tom’s nineteen, growing, and totally reckless. I mean, if there’s trouble, he finds it, you know?” Giggling a bit at the rumors of her brother’s school escapades, the girl continued: “That’s how I know to be prepared for anything at Hogwarts, he’s been regaling me with his tales of misadventure every school year. I barely know Dad, he’s rarely around. And I don’t remember Mum at all. I think she’s still around somewhere. Aunt Lianne’s been great, though, she raised the pair of us.” Shaking her head a little, she grinned at Amber. “So obviously I spent a lot of time tagging after my older brother and listening to his stories. Now I get to see it for myself.”

Listening to Amber tell about Hufflepuff, she giggled a little, then tilted her head thoughtfully. “What about your real family? Any siblings? Dramas you’re willing to share?” Well, maybe she omitted her own little drama for now, which partially explained why she and her older brother were so close, but she’d tell that later. If asked. Fair was fair, after all.

This post has been edited by Anna Grant: Feb 29 2012, 09:41 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Amber Oakley
 Posted: Mar 1 2012, 10:33 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
634 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"We will definitely learn. And well...about the not having a wand. I don't know! Never has come up yet...nor do I think we are taught that. But that is very interesting and will bring it up next time I am in the Hospital Wing. Honestly, I know what to do for basic things since I grew up muggle...but not many people would if they were raised in a magical family." Amber started to think deeper about that. She knew that doctors were muggle people who could do almost anything, but had only seen healers in the magical realm. And the healers always used wands. It was an ironic thing, and knew she had to ask about it.

Amber shook the thinking look off her face and listened as Anna talked about her family. She laughed along about her brother. "But...has your aunt ever said anything about your parents? Or do you just never ask? No offense, but it's just weird to me that parents would just leave..." she was rather saddened by that and hoped that she could bring Anna home with her one break. Eir spend winter break with her and had a blast. "It's good you have a brother that would let you tag along! And now you can tell him some adventure stories of your own!" she said with enthusiasm. "Or was it different? You are a few years apart...how was that?" Amber was curious as her little sister would be arriving in a couple years to Hogwarts.

"My family....well!" she said with a chuckle and continued, "We are a riot. I live with my mom and dad and little sister Lydia. She's 7 now and I miss her dearly...mainly because I love her, but I do miss fighting sometimes! I live near the coast of England so I grew up sailing...and on the boat I would paint and do photography. If I wasn't doing that my mom was taking me to and from soccer practice. I have tons of stories! I was always doing something. I feel really lazy here because there aren't any sports or a workout area!" With a smile, she continued. "I have one funny story. I can share now. Lydia and I took the boat out one afternoon after school. We both took our paints and a new canvas to paint the water and the sun and all of that. Lyd was in the bottom of the boat, I thought, painting the porthole or something as I was shifting the sails. When I looked toward the front of the boat where my things were, she was about to throw them overboard! So I tied down the sail and hurdled to the front of the boat. In doing so a wind gust came, broke a rope and the boom came and knocked us both into the water!" By this time Amber was doing full animation through body language and was hanging onto the side of one of the tables. "I grabbed the broken piece of rope, which I didn't thing I would, which was nicely tied to the boat still - tied to tight it broke! That was the only thing keeping me near the boat. It kept sailing slowly after the gust, so I grabbed Lydia and made her climb back onto the boat since she was smaller. Sorry, long story, but it was funny!"

She started to come back down off of her high of story telling. "Those are the kind of drama stories I have. And there are many more after that. We're just an odd family. Our parents weren't too happy, but we laugh about it. Lydia makes it my fault in her version she tells to her friends. What about you...I want a story!"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Anna Grant
 Posted: Mar 1 2012, 11:42 PM

Slytherin Third Year
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Anna gave a serious nod when she heard Amber say she'll bring it up next. "I think it's important to know both kinds of healing," she told her friend. "Even if it's just knowing plants like this one." The girl pointed to a familiar plant that she often found on sidewalks. "I don't know how real this is, but I heard this little buddy helps stop blood or something like it."

She never thought of it, really. "I never thought of it," the girl repeated, when Amber mentioned her parents. "I know dad's around but busy, and never asked about mom." And wow, what a story! Giggling when Amber finished, the girl managed only this bit of advice. "Please, please let her get into trouble of her own and don't get overprotective! Tom didn't let me out of his sight for ages after he rescued me from a swimming pool. I was playing hide and seek and decided to hide in a pool area, it was out of limits so no one would think of looking for me there. Instead I slipped on tiles and fell in. Tom pulled me out of water and been overprotective big brother until it drove me nuts." She shook her head, laughing. "I think that was about the only time I saw him actually scared. That's my story, I think."

Shaking her head in amusement, she repeated, "Tom's never scared. Although now I'm terrified of deep water." Give some, take some... Ah well.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Amber Oakley
 Posted: Mar 3 2012, 12:13 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
634 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"That's really true," Amber said thinking, "I never thought of just using the plant. Wow, you really should be a healer! So, what made you think about healing?" There was so much to know about her friend and she didn't want to waste anymore time.

"As long as you are happy, then I am okay with that answer!" She leaned over and hugged her friend. After listening to Anna's story and advice, "Well, I can see why he would be protective, but man, that would drive me crazy as welll. I will never do anything like that to my sister. We are both pretty independent, but I would only be around if she ever really needed my help. I am convinced she will be in Slytherin. She has that vengeance attitude and thinks she's better than everyone else. And she loves to get people, and herself, into trouble. I know that's a stereotype - and you are not like that at all! There are a few Slytherins that are amazing, and I hope you guys can show my sister the error of her ways!" she said laughing. "What house was your brother in? And any other funny stories?!"

"Never scared? That's amazing. I get scared alot I feel. Rather jumpy, I am. And...well...if you come and visit me, then, I won't take you out onto open water on my sailboat. Wait, what if you had a life jacket on?" She really wanted her friend to come and visit, but wanted her to feel safe the whole time.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Anna Grant
 Posted: Mar 3 2012, 06:04 PM

Slytherin Third Year
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Anna tilted her head, thinking. It was really a good question, coming from her friend. "Sports accidents I saw too often and was in," she confessed, laughing a little. "It was a part of reason why I came when I did, I was recovering from falling off uneven bars." The girl winced a little. "It took me a long time, and it got me to thinking about how people have accidents in sports and otherwise, and wanting to help them recover." The last part was spoken more to the plant again, it was a little easier. She'd never said anything to anyone before, but Amber was okay. "What about you? Why Healing?"

Then the girl had to giggle. "Well, we're resourceful, and clever, and we're a very social group," she told Amber. "And that 'trouble' bit sounds just like a Gryffindor, if we're generalizing things, which I hate to do. Which was Tom's House." Funny stories, funny stories... "Well, there was this one time when my brother accidentally Splinched himself when testing for apparition license, left his eyebrows and his clothes behind," she giggled. "I gave him no end of grief. He just put me in a headlock and threatened to Splinch me next time he did a Side-Along." Anna had to laugh at the memory. "Next time he'd done it, I lost my shoes at our starting point and we had to go back for them. Tom's friends were not amused, but Auntie found it hilarious." Looking at her friend, she added, "Auntie Lianne is a former Hufflepuff. Not that it matters! Anything else on your end?"

Then Amber suggested she come for a visit, and Anna needed to think. "I'm sure my family won't mind," she said thoughtfully. "Is that an invitation? I know I'd love to." And as for a sailboat... "You have a sailboat of your own? I'm trying to work on overcoming fear of deep water, but I don't know. A lifejacket might help." She knew what lifejackets were. And what they were used for. Maybe if she had one when she fell into the pool, she'd be all right now.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Amber Oakley
 Posted: Mar 6 2012, 06:44 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
634 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"Sports, really? Uneven bars,eh? You're crazy. Any other sports besides gymnastics?" Amber took this as an opportunity to see the life of another muggle. She really had only been around her best soccer friends her whole life. She would be classified as a loner back home, but here she didn't feel that way. People actually accepted her for who she is - something she was grateful for. She did want to hear about gymnastics, thought. That was something she wasn't familiar with. "Well for me, it was a couple different reasons. The first is the same as yours - I have always been around sports and found getting back to health fascinating. The other is quite depressing. My grandma had cancer and was sent back to my house. I had to help take care of her, but she passed away. I was frustrated because I thought I could have done something to save her. I know know that there was nothing that could be done....but being a healer in this realm I feel I could do something about it. It'd be great to be a sports healer, but I love kids...so who knows!" She took a breath. "Sorry that was long winded answer!"

Amber laughed about the splinching...but she really didn't know what it was. She understood that it was leaving something behind. "Your aunt does sound like a Hufflepuff from what I have heard so far!" she said smiling. "But I have a question...what does that mean? I am kinda lost. I know that it involves leaving something behind for a reason. But what is it?" she asked embarrassed. She figured that would be a story enough...that she knows nothing of the magical world.

"And of course that's an invitation! I would absolutely love for you to visit during break!" At this point, her smile was ear to ear. "Yes, I have my own boat. It's rather small. My parent's boat is bigger but I cannot drive it on my own. It's all fun! I wouldn't let you get hurt ever. I wish we had a pool here. I am itching to do something active...it's really killing me!" She had taken a liking to Anna, and was excited to get to know her better. It was also great for Amber to have a friend who knew more about magic than she did.

This post has been edited by Amber Oakley: Mar 6 2012, 07:07 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Anna Grant
 Posted: Mar 6 2012, 08:03 PM

Slytherin Third Year
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"Sports," Anna confirmed with a laugh of her own. Maybe crazy, but she felt exilirated when something went right for a change. "Well, gymnastics was really all that went for me. Insistence of my grandmother, to help me keep posture." Thinking about it, well - "I'm actually glad she did. See, I was doing rather well, but that was a competition..." The girl shivered. "And I'm losing my marbles when there's a lot of people watching." She giggled again, remembering gathering marbles of other kind. "So naturally, I froze up, right when I went up in school competition. Stumbled on the vault, improvised the entire floor routine, and ended it by falling from the bars." She then sympathetically touched Amber's shoulder, while the other girl talked about her grandmother. "Pediatrics?" She suggested, after Amber told her she liked kids.

Splinching... "Now, how did my brother explain that..." She said thoughtfully, talking to the knotgrass plant. "See," she turned to Amber. "When you Apparate, you basically disappear from one place and reappear in another. You've got to focus on your location. 'Splinching', in simplest terms, you leave something behind when your apparation goes wacky." The girl gave a helpless shrug, this was the best answer she could come up with, then giggled again. "It can be anything, from your clothes to your fingernails to your hair. According to Tom, hurts like heck, so not recommended." She paused. "Side-Along Apparation's basically the same, only you take a passenger. That's about all I know."

"Invitation accepted, I'll have to warn my aunt, though," Anna told her friend brightly. "We'll see what happens there." She could do something fun. At Amber's wish for a pool, the girl sighed. "You have the entire Black Lake at your disposal," she told the older girl. "Plus, I think there's a - um - four seasons area somewhere here?" She was uncertain about this one, since she didn't really find it yet, but she thought she saw something while exploring grounds... "But you're right, it gets to you, hm? Hey, how about you join me for my early morning runs? It's something!" Looking about, the girl spotted another familiar section of plants. "And look, here's spearmint. Do you think we have mint tea sometimes?"

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Catheryn Everett
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 05:03 PM

Hufflepuff Second Year
255 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Cathy was glad to be out and about again, getting more and more feel of what this place was like. She was still kind of curious about everything, especially the classes. She enrolled in five of them, thinking of it the perfect amount to keep him busy. She was looking forward to them all. Cathy walked happily down to the grounds, kind of just wandering anywhere her mind took her. And her mind stumbled upon the greenhouses. There were some buzzes and noises from the plants, ones she was a bit frightened of. Her expression was a bit worried, scared of what might happen. She knew nothing about them. What to do?

((Tags: Portia Leigh))

--------------------
user posted image
^Julia is awesomesauce for this^
MY LORAX!
PM
^
Portia Leigh
 Posted: Mar 28 2012, 02:10 PM

Slytherin Third Year
153 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

For as long as she could remember, Portia had a fascination with plants and all their uses. Some plants could be used to heal, while others were toxic enough to kill someone within minutes. Knowing this about her, one wouldn't be surprised to find her in the greenhouses on the lawns of the school. Sure she would spend enough time there in her classes, but that didn't matter. She could literally just spend hours in them, it was calming and most people didn't venture in them. It was there that she could be found that particular day, simply sketching out the different plants that had begun to bloom for Spring. It was a hobby that Ginger had taught to her one summer that she spent at the Leigh household. Smudging the pencil lines on her parchment, she was so consumed in her task that she didn't even hear someone enter the building.

--------------------
user posted image
This sig is from the the AMAZING Vera Kwon!
Sisters!
PMEmail
^
Catheryn Everett
 Posted: Mar 31 2012, 04:46 PM

Hufflepuff Second Year
255 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Cathy hugged her body, crossing her arms across her chest. She was feeling a bit worried, afraid that one of the plants could poison her or something. But would Hogwarts have dangerous plants like this out in students reach? She really wasn't aware of what types of things the school had, so she was cautious at all times. There was a soft little scratching noise in the greenhouse. She looked around to see a girl writing something on a piece of parchment. "Am I bothering you?" She didn't really want to interrupt the girl with whatever she was doing.

--------------------
user posted image
MY LORAX!
PM
^
Portia Leigh
 Posted: Mar 31 2012, 04:55 PM

Slytherin Third Year
153 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

The unexpected sound of someone speaking to her caused the pencil she was using to slip and leave an ugly mark across her paper. Snapping her head up, Portia looked wildly to find the culprit. Finding a girl around her age, Portia could feel a slight annoyance building as the girl asked if she was interrupting. In all sense of the word, yes, she was interrupting. The correct question would have been if she minded, which would depend on whether this girl had anything of interest to say. Of course she didn't speak any of this aloud, rather choosing to stew in her own thoughts. She merely sighed a bit as she looked at her sketch, moving her hands to try and smudge the garish line into something that would blend into the photo. Without looking up at the girl, she finally spoke.

"I suppose not, it's not like this is my personal area. You are free to wander about wherever you choose, or don't choose."

--------------------
user posted image
Sisters!
PMEmail
^
Catheryn Everett
 Posted: Mar 31 2012, 05:01 PM

Hufflepuff Second Year
255 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Cathy looked at the girl standing with a quill in hand. She seemed about her age, or a bit older, she couldn't tell. There were a lot of things in this world that she couldn't really tell or understand. She would just have to learn. She tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear, waiting for her to respond. She seemed a bit annoyed by her appearance, not bothering to look up at her. "Oh, okay then. Thank you." Perhaps she should leave, but Cathy wouldn't know how to fend for herself without actually trying for real. She stayed put in her spot. "What are you doing there?" Perhaps it was studying or homework or something else that she was not aware of.

--------------------
user posted image
MY LORAX!
PM
^
Portia Leigh
 Posted: Mar 31 2012, 05:19 PM

Slytherin Third Year
153 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

After returning to her work, Portia had figured the girl would have moved on. If not by her obvious brush off, then at least the girl would have noticed she was clearly busy. However the girl overlooked both and stayed put, even going as far as to ask yet another dumb question. Though clearly irked by the constant interruptions, Portia held her composure and instead calmly looked towards the girl and answered her rather flatly.

"It's a drawing, I am sketching some of the blooms. Some of them are highly unusual so it makes a better subject. What are you doing here?"

--------------------
user posted image
Sisters!
PMEmail
^
Vicente Ortega
 Posted: May 12 2012, 07:42 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

It's not so surprising to find Vince lingering in one of Hogwarts' Greenhouses. With his passionate interest and dedication to living plants, that itself pretty much says everything and there'd be no need for a longer explanation on why he was there that particular day. Really, when was he not hanging out or working with plants? Everyday, he'd set aside a good amount of time for him to spend in these glass structures, our outdoors in some part of the school grounds. In his point of view, there was more to nature than just it being dirt, leaves, and flowers.

And thus, here he was, in Green house number six. He was confined within that building the entire day, mind, body, and literally, all his senses were locked and linked onto the connection with nature. His facial expression was that of determination and focus, but with many hours of doing personal research and work, frustration was starting to overtake him as well. "Damn it.." He muttered through his heavy sigh of exasperation, the glove clad hands of his were clenched into fists as he slammed them down hard on his work bench. Who was he kidding, trying to cultivate flutterby and self-fertilizing shrubs into a bonsai? Yeah right. At this rate, trying to become a great herbologist that would honor and do proud to his family's name was slowly becoming impossible. How could he honestly be able to fill into his sister's shoes and continue that big of a responsibility?

Eyes closed and head bowed, he didn't even notice the sound of the door sliding open and someone coming in. But as he started to compose himself, Vince's eyes finally fell upon a familiar face.

[ New Role Play | Tag: Audrey Longbottom ]

--------------------

user posted image
Callboard || Set Made by Alex Valen || Profile
PMYIM
^
Audrey Longbottom
 Posted: May 13 2012, 08:50 PM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
141 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

--

This post has been edited by Audrey Longbottom: Sep 11 2015, 06:39 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Mina
Profile & Callboard & Ability
PMEmail
^
Jace Ackles
 Posted: Jun 3 2016, 07:46 AM

Hufflepuff Second Year
35 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Jace was wandering around the grounds, looking for something to do. Being new here, he wasn't really sure what the students could do for fun...it seemed so boring so far!

Well...except for the fact that he could sit and draw all these different kinds of plants in the Greenhouses! His mom had a garden at home, but it was nothing compared to this! Plus it smelled pretty good in here, he had to admit...

Chloe Kartak
PMEmail
^
Chloe Kartak
 Posted: Jun 3 2016, 03:23 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
84 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Chloe had been sitting on a bench working with a plant before she noticed a boy coming into the greenhouse. She watched as the boy started to draw, she figured he was drawing some flowers. The greenhouse was definitely her favorite place in Hogwarts. She kinda felt at home there.

"Careful with the red flowers on your left" she said to the boy before going back to the plant she was caring for. Chloe was working on a potion that would help flowers last longer.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Jace Ackles
 Posted: Jun 3 2016, 06:48 PM

Hufflepuff Second Year
35 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Jace looked up from his drawing when someone spoke to him and told him to be careful with the flowers beside him. "Ah, thanks." he said with an easy grin before he moved over to where the girl was.

"What are you doing?" he asked, looking down at the plant she was fiddling with.

This post has been edited by Jace Ackles: Jun 3 2016, 06:49 PM
PMEmail
^
Chloe Kartak
 Posted: Jun 3 2016, 10:01 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
84 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Chloe eyes followed the boy as he moved from where he was sitting to a spot near her. With a soft smile she said "I'm trying a new potion on these daisies. I hope it works" Chloe had been working on this potion for a week so she hoped it turned out well.

"What brings you to the greenhouse? You like plants?" she smiled at the boy. Chloe didn't meet a lot of boys in the greenhouse, it wasn't their thing.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Jace Ackles
 Posted: Jun 4 2016, 06:14 PM

Hufflepuff Second Year
35 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Jace smiled when the girl told him she was trying out a new potion. "And what's it supposed to help with?" he wondered.

He blushed slightly when she asked him what he was doing here. "Well, I like drawing plants." Jace said with a smile. "Also my mom has lots of gardens, so it sort of reminds me of home."

This post has been edited by Leon Kennedy: Jun 4 2016, 06:15 PM
PMEmail
^
Chloe Kartak
 Posted: Jun 4 2016, 07:32 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
84 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Chloe looked up at him with a bright smile "It will help it live longer....well if the potion works" she winked at him. She hoped that all the ingredients she used were correctly measured. If not, you will see Chloe try again and again until she gets it right!

"I love plants too!" she said with excitement. Chloe's light green eyes focused on the boy next to her, she was so happy to find someone similar to her. "Oh how silly of me" she said as she extended her hand "I'm Chloe Kartak, Nice to meet you".

This post has been edited by Chloe Kartak: Jun 4 2016, 07:33 PM

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Jace Ackles
 Posted: Jun 5 2016, 06:39 PM

Hufflepuff Second Year
35 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Jace studied the girl for a moment before looking back at the plant, smiling a little when she explained what it was for. "I'm sure it will. You seem to be pretty confident in what you're doing." he smiled at her.

He laughed slightly at her excitement. "Really? I never would have guessed!" he teased her a bit, shaking her hand when she introduced herself. "And I'm Jace Ackles. It's nice to meet you as well, Chloe." he smiled.
PMEmail
^
Chloe Kartak
 Posted: Jun 5 2016, 06:54 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
84 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Chloe looked up at Jace blushing. It was nice of him to say that, I mean Chloe was a claw after all. "Thanks! A little I guess" she smiled at him before she picked up her potion and poured some on the dirt next to the stem. Once she poured half the potion she closed it up and put it in her pocket.

"Now we wait and see if the stem turns a darker green" she looked up at him. "So Jace, what were you drawing? I like to draw too" She went into her bag and took out her drawing pad. Chloe opened it to her latest drawing, which was a waterfall filled with plants and rocks.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Jace Ackles
 Posted: Jun 6 2016, 11:58 AM

Hufflepuff Second Year
35 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"You're welcome." Jace said with a warm smile. "You seem to really like plants, though."

He flipped his drawing pad to the picture he'd been sketching of a rose. "I like drawing flowers." Jace said with a smile as he studied Chloe's drawing. "Wow, this is really good!" he said. "You can almost hear the water crashing down on the rocks." he said before he bit his lip. Ugh. What was it with him?

Really, he sometimes said the lamest things...
PMEmail
^
Chloe Kartak
 Posted: Jun 6 2016, 06:34 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
84 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"I do...I hope to be a Herbologist one day" Chloe smiled. Chloe had wanted to work with plants all her life and it was because of her aunt. Her aunt was a Herbology professor that taught her all she knew about plants.

Chloe looked down at his pad and noticed his beautiful rose, it had so much detail to it that it looked like it was 3D "Wow, you are amazing! I don't think I can even draw like that" she looked up at him, her eyes bright of excitement "Are you planning on being an Artist when you graduate?" she wondered.

"Thank you" she blushed lightly at his comment. "I'm not as good as you but maybe I'll get there one day" she smiled. "So Jace, Do you know if there's a waterfall somewhere on the grounds?" Chloe was curious to see if there was one, since she wanted to draw a waterfall and she needed some inspiration.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Jace Ackles
 Posted: Jun 6 2016, 06:58 PM

Hufflepuff Second Year
35 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"A herbologist, hmm? Well, I'm not surprised. And you'd probably be good one too." Jace said with a smile.

He blushed a bit at Chloe's compliment. "Well, thanks...and I never really thought of becoming an artist. It's just a hobby of mine." he said with a smile as he looked down at her. "But I might enjoy that, actually."

"Well, if you want...I could show you a few tricks?" he asked before shaking his head. "No, I just got here the beginning of the term, and I haven't really been out to find things yet...so I don't know." he said with a shrug.
PMEmail
^
Chloe Kartak
 Posted: Jun 9 2016, 03:15 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
84 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Chloe's cheeks turned a nice pinkish color "Thank you, I hope you're right" she said with a smile on her face. She really hoped that one day she would be as great as her aunt. Chloe was going to study very hard to become the best. "What do you plan on doing when you graduate?" she wondered.

"That sounds like a plan" she said with a nod. It would be nice to get personal drawing classes from someone so good at it. "Oh yeah? So did I. I was hoping to find one, I love sitting by the water and listening to the water fall. It's kinda relaxing" She said thinking back to the last time she was near a waterfall.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Jace Ackles
 Posted: Jun 10 2016, 10:07 AM

Hufflepuff Second Year
35 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Jace thought for a moment when Chloe asked what he planned on doing after he graduated. "Well, to be honest...I don't know yet. If I became an artist, it would probably be more of a hobby, not my full time job." he said with a shrug. "If you had any suggestions, I'd be open to them."

"I'd check by the lake..." Jace said with a smile. "I wouldn't be surprised if they did have a waterfall here...and you're right, it is relaxing. Personally, I like sitting by the lake to draw because it calms me down and helps me think." he said with a nod.
PMEmail
^
Chloe Kartak
 Posted: Jun 11 2016, 01:27 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
84 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Chloe smiled. She always knew what she wanted to be, I guess it was because she looked up to her aunt. Her aunt was the reason why she was into plants after all. "There's so many things you could be. A professor, An Auror, A Herbologist, A Lawyer" she said as she looked up thinking of other things. Chloe's eyes fell on him "What do your parents do?"

Thinking of sitting by the lake and drawing made Chloe smile. It was a nice place to just sit and relax. "I enjoy that too. I think sitting by water opens my mind and let's me see and draw peacefully" she giggled.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ