View All Announcements

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Infinite Bookstairs
The Grey Lady
 Posted: Oct 29 2011, 01:59 PM

Supporting Character
31 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Helena sighed quietly, it was so difficult to get a moment of peace and quiet around here. She loved the children though, they sometimes reminded her of when she was their age. "It's nice to meet you, Lestatia." She smiled at her, then waved at the other girl that had joined them. "I've met some of the older students for the first time, that didn't even know I was their house ghost."

--------------------
user posted image
Art by the wonderful Kierra!! *Callboard!*
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Cara Amnell
 Posted: Oct 30 2011, 12:48 AM

Ravenclaw Second Year
248 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Cara decided to wander around the Ravenclaw Tower when she got bored in the dorms. She walked lazily around, checking out paintings and sorts, dodging out students (didn't really felt like mingling today), and taking unfamiliar routes in assorted corridors. When she first went to Hogwarts, she always got lost. Now, weirdly, she wanted desperately to get lost, but found that she's actually having a hard time doing it.

After a few turns in corridors, she then officially got lost (yes!) and secretly rejoiced. Oddly enough, she actually missed this feeling. She must do this regularly. She's got a good schedule; she's pretty sure she can insert this activity somewhere.

Before she knew it, she came upon a room full of bookcases. Curiosity got over (she didn't know that there's a room like this in here; but then again, we're talking about Claws here...no books? Preposterous!), and she cautiously went in. As soon as she's inside, she heard voices talking. She peered at one bookcase and saw a Claw girl (Lestatia) talking to a ghost (Grey Lady). As she was making up her mind whether or not she was to join them casually or tiptoe and exit the room, she noticed this girl (Celeste) checking out books. She was about to call her attention when she suddenly lost balance and she was then sprawled on the floor, right in front of the three of them!

Blushing she lift up a hand in greeting and casually said, "Er, hello guys."

((with permission to join from the grey lady smile.gif ...hope i'm not disturbing anyone))

--------------------
user posted image
Credit for this sig goes to Alexuser posted image
*Profile///Stories and Legends///Callboard*
PM
^
Lestatia Saphira LeGrande
 Posted: Oct 30 2011, 10:53 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia was a little surprised. She wondered how people could not know who their own house ghost was, but then she remembered that not everyone was obsessed with ghosts and vampires and the supernatural type genre of things, like her. She grinned at her. "Nice to meet you too. I'm super excited.. today's my birthday!" She said,(going on it being the day before hallowen, if that's alright) bouncing up and down a couple of time in excitement.

About that time, another girl seemed to trip and fall into the room in front of them. She looked at her in surprise, and smiled. "Hi! You ok?" She asked, offering a hand down to help her up. "I'm Lestatia, who're you?" She asked, being friendly.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
The Grey Lady
 Posted: Oct 30 2011, 11:40 PM

Supporting Character
31 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Helena watched as another girl entered the room, then lost her balance and fell down in front of them. She was a little annoyed at herself because she couldn't help the girl up like the other could, but there was really nothing she could do about it. So, she just smiled at her when she said hello. "Hello dear." She turned back to Lestatia, and and smiled at her. "Oh, is it really? Well, happy birthday dear!" She loved the idea of birthdays. Ghosts celebrated their deathdays instead of birthdays, but Helena wasn't one to celebrate hers. It wasn't a day she liked to remember.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Cara Amnell
 Posted: Oct 31 2011, 11:16 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
248 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Cara gingerly took Lestatia's hand and slowly stood up, gaining composure. She returned the girl's smile and also introduced herself. "Hello, Lestatia. Call me Cara smile.gif ." And she turned to the ghost and apologized, "Er, sorry for the ruckus I've made. Hope I'm not disturbing anybody. What's your name?" She then flashed a grin. It was cool to actually meet a ghost; and another to practically talk to them. She's never talk to any before.

And she turned back to Lestatia, remembering something from what the girl last said before she fell. "Oh, I seem to remember you mentioning that today's your birthday. Happy birthday!"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted: Nov 1 2011, 06:09 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia grinned at them both. "Thanks! Nice to meet you Cara." She said cheerfully. She was glad to be 12 now, it seemed like she was more officially a second year student, or something. "And I grew a half an inch too!" She giggled, then offered Cara some starburst candies. She took a strawberry flavored one for herself.

She wold offer the Gray Lady one, but she knew that ghosts can't eat, just like vampires. Ooh, vampires! She turned to the Gray Lady. "Have you ever met a vampire?" She asked eagerly, curious. She loved hearing about vampires, and talking about them. And she was really hyper, so she was kind of bouncing from one topic to the next, at random, as her mind was racing with different thoughts.

--------------------
^
The Grey Lady
 Posted: Nov 2 2011, 05:56 PM

Supporting Character
31 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"It's quite alright, dear." Helena smiled at Cara when she apologized. "We were just talking. And my name is Helena. It's nice to meet you, Cara." She blinked at Les' question, and after a second shook her head. What an odd question. "Not that I can recall. Why do you ask?"

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Cara Amnell
 Posted: Nov 3 2011, 06:24 AM

Ravenclaw Second Year
248 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Cara gratefully received the candies Lestatia offered with a mumbled "Thanks". She has always been fascinated with sweets and sorts. It won't be a wonder if she'll grow up with blood that tastes like sugar. tongue.gif

When Helena gave her name she nodded, knowing that the ghost must be Rowena Ravenclaw's daughter. She knew that Helena was Ravenclaw's ghost; everybody does. That's why she tried searching for her all around the tower, but she just can't seem to find her. It was only by pure luck that she found her here now.

Listening to what she knew the beginning of an interesting conversation, she let her mind wander to the stories her mother had told her every night when she was just a very young girl. Vampires, her mother had told her, were pale men in black clothes with fangs that glisten to the moonlight when they go searching for fresh blood. She's always been fascinated with them; who doesn't? They were the embodiment of eternal youth and beauty - every young girl's dream. She's just not sure if she can withstand an eternity of darkness and loneliness.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted: Nov 3 2011, 12:24 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia was slightly disappointed but just shrugged. "Cause, vampires are really cool." She replied, giggling slightly. Yes, she knew it was a random odd question, but she didn't really care. She'd talk to anyone who would listen about vampires whenever she got onto the subject. She wanted to become friends with a vampire. Last year it had been her life goal to meet a vampire. Well, she had done that when she took Astronomy with a vampire, and the professor was one. But now she wanted to befriend one!

Then she had a more serious question, but wasn't sure how to ask it. She hesitated a bit, thinking. "Hm, how do you become a ghost..?" She asked the gray lady curiously. Hmm, maybe that wasn't the right words for what she wanted to ask. "I mean, do you know if anyone can become a ghost, even like.. a muggle?" She asked a little timidly. She had been wondering since last year whether or not her mother might possible have become a ghost, but she didn't know how to find out.

--------------------
^
The Grey Lady
 Posted: Nov 5 2011, 10:10 PM

Supporting Character
31 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Helena nodded as Lestatia said that vampire were cool. "I think, one or two of the older students are vampires." She told the girl since she seemed to be interested in them. When she started asking about how to become a ghost, Helena had to think about it. It had been a long time since she had died. She shook her head at the muggle part of her second question. "Many muggles think that other muggles can become ghosts, but no. Only people with magical abilities can become ghosts. A ghost is the disembodied spirit of a once-living wizard or witch. These spirits were either afraid of death or have some extraordinarily strong connection to the locations they come back to." She explained to Lestatia.

This post has been edited by The Grey Lady: Nov 5 2011, 10:11 PM

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Cara Amnell
 Posted: Nov 6 2011, 07:56 AM

Ravenclaw Second Year
248 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Cara's eyes widened when the Grey Lady mentioned about a few students being being vampires. "Wow, I didn't know that. I suppose there are werewolves too, isn't it?" She's read somewhere that there was once a werewolf student enrolled in the school. It was the reason why the whomping willow was planted in the first place. She just didn't know that there are also young wizard-vampires that are enrolled here, too.

Listening to Helena as she explained about how ghosts came to being, she recalled in mind a muggle article she once read. It was also explaining about how spirits can linger on the physical plane for a time. "I seem to read somewhere before that somebody with strong spiritual energy, coupled with a very strong desire to live, got the highest possibility of imprinting their energy signature in a particular place or object they are most attached. These energy signatures, so they say, are what psychics pick up as 'ghosts'. But it was only a theory some muggles came up. I don't know how close to reality they are," she said, looking at Helena and Lestatia for some more insights.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted: Nov 6 2011, 05:43 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia's eyes widened. "Students who are vampires?!" She repeated, surprised. She shouldn't have been though, she realized. She had met a girl who was a werewolf and a student here, so why shouldn't there be vampires too? "That's awesome!" She said, wondering if she could meet these vampires.

She was disappointed when she was told that no muggles could become ghosts. So, there was no chance her mom could be one. She tried not to look as disappointed as she felt. She glanced at Cara and nodded. "Yes, there's werewolves here." She said, not bothered by the fact. "I've met one, actually. She's pretty nice, but I'm not telling who it is because I told her I wouldn't." She said. She always kept her word, no matter who she had made the promise to.

--------------------
^
Eoin Callaghan
 Posted: Dec 30 2011, 01:16 AM

Ravenclaw Third Year
177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

It had been forever since Eoin had been in the Common Room- honestly,it had been forever since he'd been at Hogwarts. He should have been a fourth year by now,but had somehow remained stuck as a Second year.Being made repeat his Second year did not bother him,what did though was that he'd have to work this term for quills. Eoin had signed up for classes,and he was surprised by the new classes that had suddenly cropped up for him.
Right now,making his way to the Infinite bookstairs, he tried to portray a typical Claw,but truth was,the books didn't interest him that much,he just liked staring at their embossed covers,and trying to make out interesting patterns.

(Dom)

This post has been edited by Eoin Callaghan: Dec 30 2011, 01:17 AM

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Dominic Arashi Haggai
 Posted: Dec 30 2011, 01:27 AM

Unsorted Member
1809 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alright Dom was back in school to have some reading and for the winter classes also. But he still lives with his sister until the school officially starts, and since they live really near it wasn't that long to come back and fro from school. In his normal attire which usually is blouse, ravenclaw robes over it, long pants and white leather shoe with his checked black white wristcuff he came to the ravenclaw common room and right into the infinite bookstairs. Apart from the library this place consist of lots of information and is totally enough for him to find out what he wanted to find out.

When he came in, he saw a familiar figure with a big grin on his face he tap on the boy's shoulder. EOIN! hey when are you back? wow its been long since i ever saw you. How are you? he asked giving his buddy a brotherly hug.

--------------------
user posted image
I owe a kiss to Nearra for this awesome set user posted image
Callboard//Prince Storm //My Shipper//my thing //my stainless steel necklace//Secret side of me//
PMEmailWebsite
^
Eoin Callaghan
 Posted: Dec 30 2011, 01:32 AM

Ravenclaw Third Year
177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Eoin turned around abruptly as he heard a very familiar,albeit deeper voice. "Dominic? Hah-Dom!" He reiterated the excited yell that had come from Dominic."Wow,that's really you isn't it?" He grinned widely,pretty stoked. " It's grand to see ya! And it has been forever- I was busy,so I s'pose I dropped out of school,and I can't believe you're still around. Grand!" Eoin had been pretty close to Dom- they'd horsed around in that hat shop Dom had owned one year,and Eoin and Dom had gone to every Claw event as a team because neither had known anyone else. And now,it looked like he'd be seeing more of Dominic again.Grand.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Dominic Arashi Haggai
 Posted: Dec 30 2011, 01:50 AM

Unsorted Member
1809 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Dom grinned widely happy to see his buddy again. He is the first one he know in the whole school, the first buddy of his when they are both first years. Of course am still around, and wow looks like we will meet more often since you are back . he chuckled lightly. Many things had changed during these years provided physical change but somethings didn't change and that is friendship.

Hey since it is still school holiday wanna go diagon alley or hogsmeade later? he asked with a grin.

--------------------
user posted image
Callboard//Prince Storm //My Shipper//my thing //my stainless steel necklace//Secret side of me//
PMEmailWebsite
^
Eoin Callaghan
 Posted: Dec 30 2011, 01:55 AM

Ravenclaw Third Year
177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Eoin shrugged as Dom spoke. "'Course." He grinned at the suggestion about going wandering around places."Sounds like fun.You have some shopping that needs doing?" He bent down to tie his shoe before he spoke again. "It has been a while since I've been in the area.Might do me some good."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Dominic Arashi Haggai
 Posted: Dec 30 2011, 01:59 AM

Unsorted Member
1809 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Dom smiled, you know, i never need shopping. but anyway it is nice to wander around since it is school holiday we should not waste it right? oh and there is secret passage to it too. Let's go through it, that's a short cut he grinned. He had just discover another secret passage in the common room and that is also how he get here so fast. Anyway since during holiday season it will be good to put the passage to full use.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsite
^
Eoin Callaghan
 Posted: Dec 30 2011, 02:07 AM

Ravenclaw Third Year
177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"A secret passage? Man,you've been busy haven't you?" Eoin grinned a shis eyes lit up at the prospect of a secret passage into Hogsmeade.
"But,sure,I'd like to hang around in secret passages!" He put away the shiny book he'd been deciphering,and turning back to Dom. He sure had picked a convenient time to return,because the holidays were the only time he'd get to go off campus.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Dominic Arashi Haggai
 Posted: Dec 30 2011, 02:12 AM

Unsorted Member
1809 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Dom grinned and nodded, he had forgotten all about what he wanted to find by knowing that his buddy is back. He nodded to him, then lets go! oh this one in common room leads to talon and leaves. lets have some tea. he chuckled leading the way waiting for eoin to move with him to where the secret passage is.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsite
^
Eoin Callaghan
 Posted: Dec 30 2011, 02:19 AM

Ravenclaw Third Year
177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"Tea? Well,as long as there are no taverns...." Eoin mumbled,nodding a yes as he made to follow Dom. His friend sure seemed to know his way around the place now,and Eoin was glad he was around,they really hadn't seen enough of each other.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Monique Kragen
 Posted: Jan 19 2012, 10:48 AM

Ravenclaw Third Year
202 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Books. Monique could smell them. She had devoured every book she could get her hands on as a child, hoping she would end up a Ravenclaw. Of course, the Sorting Hat decides based on personality, but Monique didn't know that at the time, But she still loved books and reading.
Monique was exploring the common room and found a door. She opened it and discovered a whole world of books. It was much like discovering Narnia in a wardrobe for her - she stood, open mouthed for a moment, then select a book and began reading.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
I made this! And Margaret made the HHC support! - Kragen family tree - The Kragen-Byrnes - The Callboard - Scarlett - Tres Aquilae
PMEmail
^
Jasper Haru Talon
 Posted: Jan 30 2012, 02:07 AM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
1732 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

(NEW RP)

Oh. Bookcases. Jasper expected that since it was the Ravenclaw Common Room. He then walked down the staircase in search of well... nothing. He wasn't really a bookworm actually. There were loads of books though... one could probably be stuck here forever before reading the whole collection.

(Tagged: Rei Taylor)

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Rei Taylor
 Posted: Jan 30 2012, 02:12 AM

Ravenclaw Second Year
60 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Rei found the common room quite interesting. She loved the fact there was so many books everywhere. She wasn't like a huge bookworm, preferring her art over anything really. But she did enjoy reading. She found a book about Hogwarts and found herself really into it. She wanted to learn what she can about the school since she knew nothing about it. With her head down, she was flipping through pages, and sat down on a stair. This was interesting.

--------------------
user posted image
thanks julia for the set
PM
^
Jasper Haru Talon
 Posted: Jan 30 2012, 02:25 AM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
1732 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

As Jasper continued walking down the stairs dazed and all, his foot hit something and he fell down the stairs and reached the bottom. He rubbed his head and looked up. I wonder what I hit... he thought to himself. He wasn't one to easily fall but being on the stairs changed everything.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Rei Taylor
 Posted: Jan 30 2012, 02:30 AM

Ravenclaw Second Year
60 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Rei heard a sound and looked down at the bottom of the stairs and saw a boy at the end. She held back a laugh and closed her book. "You okay dude?" She asked, now walking down towards him.

--------------------
user posted image
thanks julia for the set
PM
^
Jasper Haru Talon
 Posted: Jan 30 2012, 04:05 AM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
1732 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

'Fine I guess..' Jasper said as he continued rubbing his head, with his eyes still closed. He was still a bit dizzy from the fall and he wasn't even sure who he was talking to. He felt this feeling of high though for some strange reason.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Rei Taylor
 Posted: Jan 31 2012, 02:16 AM

Ravenclaw Second Year
60 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Rei held back her laughter and rested a hand on his shoulder. "Come on, lets get you away from the bottom of the stairs." She said, trying to lead him to a step to sit down. "You sure you're alright?"

--------------------
user posted image
thanks julia for the set
PM
^
Jasper Haru Talon
 Posted: Jan 31 2012, 09:40 AM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
1732 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

'Yeah thanks.' Jasper replied the girl as he sat down on a step. What had he tripped on? It still puzzled him. It wasn't that hard though. Still rubbing his eyes, he asked the girl, 'Sorry, but do I know you?' He still hadn't taken a good look at her face.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Rei Taylor
 Posted: Jan 31 2012, 02:12 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
60 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Rei didn't respond when he said thank you. She just leaned against a wall, her arms crossed. "Me? No.. I don't think so.. I'm new.. Amber Rei Taylor.. Just call me Rei though, please." She said, extending her hand. "You are...?"

--------------------
user posted image
thanks julia for the set
PM
^
Jasper Haru Talon
 Posted: Jan 31 2012, 09:52 PM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
1732 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

'I'm Jasper Haru Talon, second year. You could just call me Jasper or Haru though.' he replied as he finally opened his eyes and saw this sort of Asian-looking girl next to him.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
 Posted: Mar 23 2012, 03:24 AM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

(New RP for Mentoring session)

Lestatia led the way to the bookcase and stopped. "This is one of the awesomest places in the whole common room." She told him. "I present to you... the Infinite Bookstairs!" She announced, grinning. She loved this staircase, because of all the awesome books. She hoped that her mentee would also like it. Being a ravenclaw, she figured he would. Most ravenclaws were readaholics, after all.

--------------------
^
David Zakrevski
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 10:39 PM

Ravenclaw Fifth Year
1111 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

David smiled once he saw the staircase. He was really impressed with the way the architectural figures of the stairs matched with the Ravenclaws. It showed that Ravenclaws had knowledge! David grinned and replied "This is truly amazing!"

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to Mr. Chris Evans @ CTTW
PMEmailAIM
^
 Posted: Mar 26 2012, 01:24 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia smiled as she admired the creativity of the architect who designed this place. She looked back at her mentee. "So, any questions so far?" She asked. She wanted to make sure that he was confused about as few things as she could possible help. She wanted to be a good mentor and help him get through his 7 years at Hogwarts as easily as possible. She just hoped she could be a good enough mentor that he wouldn't ever need a psychiatrist. She held back a snicker on that though, and looked around the staircase as she waited for him to reply.

--------------------
^
David Zakrevski
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 01:22 AM

Ravenclaw Fifth Year
1111 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

David sighed and replied "Well, No I don't have any yet". It was true, David could hold a lot of knowledge in his head and wasn't confused about anything yet. It was mind boggling that he was actually beginning to tour the school area and learn! He felt like these seven years were going to fly by like nothing! So he was ready to learn as much as possible. David then decided to ask a question "Is there really a infinite collection of books here?"

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to Mr. Chris Evans @ CTTW
PMEmailAIM
^
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 02:20 AM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia thought for a moment, then shrugged. "I dunno, it's just what it's called." She replied. She wasn't a prophet or anything, so she couldn't say for sure if the books were really unlimited and infinite and all. But that was just what it was called. "By the way, while I'm thinking about it, have you found the bulletin board yet where professors sometimes post jobs for students?" She asked. "It's a good way to earn points fast!" She smiled at him.

--------------------
^
Catherine Turner
 Posted: Feb 2 2017, 05:22 PM

Ravenclaw First Year
3 POSTS
20 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

thats amazing i love those stairs
PMEmail
^
Amitazi Amitazi
 Posted: Feb 14 2017, 04:12 AM

Hufflepuff First Year
1 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A

thanks a lot for this forum creating! I imagine that I'm a little witch! http://puressay.com/blog/essay-on-love-historical-approach has some essays on love historical approach for you to read!
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ