View All Announcements

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Barren Hut
Brenwyn Dougherty
 Posted: Aug 15 2011, 08:57 AM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1057 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Brenwyn laughed but there was no humor behind it. You don't know him like I do She said shaking his head. He's furious at my mother because she cheated and lied to him. He's furious at Thomas because he...you know She sighed, those were obvious. He's furious at me because he raised an animal in his home...and named me heir. There's magic involved there, Willow She said, trying to impose the seriousness on her cousin. He can't take that back without me being dead She told her. She took another deep breath, looking up at her cousin as she stood. Yeah, alright. She went and stood at the other end of the room, drawing her wand half-heartedly.

--------------------
user posted image
rp with me? Sign my ship! --- callboard --- Awesome sig by Alex
PMEmailAIMYIM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Sep 2 2011, 01:22 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

It was a sunny late summer day. Nicolas had gone outside, his potions journal clamped under his arm, to revise his spring term's potion class. Somehow the study virus must have stuck to him from his sister. Joanna spent so much time sitting in the library and Nicolas was too proud to fall behind her. But on a day like this he had to go outside instead of sitting inside the chilly castle. He was wearing denim bermudas and lime green t-shirt, just right in the warm southern breeze. When he reached the Barren Hut, he found this was a nice, quiet place and he sat down on the stone mural and let his legs dangling down. For a moment he enjoyed the beautiful scenery, then he opened his journal and started reading.

[TAG: Cora Gael]

--------------------
user posted image

Le soleil se lève! This gorgeous sig was created by Bianca Blakely
{profile}{callboard-shipper}
PMEmail
^
Cora Gael
 Posted: Sep 2 2011, 01:47 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
272 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Cora strolled out of the castle, to get some of the autumn landscape and weather before winter arrived and also to get away from all the start-of-term chaos of the school. Cora liked Hogwarts, but sometimes it was too hectic for her.

And so she'd brought her little writing notebook and had decided to find a decent spot to settle and write again. She hadn't had time to focus on writing for awhile now.

Coming closer to a little hut and green landscape, she perceived another figure and as she neared, she could see that it was a boy, not much older than she. He appeared to be looking down at something but Cora didn't know what. She came up beside him and lowered herself to the ground, pulling out her notebook and a ratty quill. She saw then that he was reading.

With a kind smile, the girl greeted the boy, "Hi, I'm Cora."

--------------------

user posted image
[set by me]

Profile :: Callboard :: Shipper
PMEmail
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Sep 2 2011, 02:23 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas had been concentrated on reading, so he didn't notice a girl approaching him. He shrugged a little when she talked to him, then he looked up and smiled back to her. "Hi, I haven't seen you before, nice to meet you. I'm Nicolas!" Nicolas looked at the girl. She was pretty and a kind smile was in her eyes. "Isn't this a nice place?" he continued to talk, "I come here sometimes when I want to read outside. And you also seem to have a notebook with you to do some work. Do you come here often?"

Nicolas noted Cora was a Puff. Argh! He had been avoiding Hufflepuffs since Konrad Farris, this womanizer had been first making friends to him and then taking his date on the fairytale ball to the first dance. Konrad was the first Puff he had met, and this experience had been way too negative for him. Nicolas still felt a stabbing pain in his heart every time he saw Konrad, and slowly he had generalised this feeling to all Puff robes. Generally Nicolas was not that prejudiced like some other of his housemates, but it was not so easy for him to get over Konrad.

This post has been edited by Nicolas Vinci: Sep 2 2011, 02:43 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Cora Gael
 Posted: Sep 6 2011, 01:10 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
272 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Cora smiled at Nicolas. He was nice and it really was a great way to start off the term by meeting someone new and kind. He seemed genuinely interested in her and what she was doing at this place.

"I write a lot - it's what I do with my free time - and so I go around looking for a serene place to focus and write. It also gives me reason to wander aimlessly around the castle grounds," Cora smiled slightly and cringed. She was really terrible at jokes and she didn't even know why she'd even ventured to say even a hint of one. "And you read? That's fantastic. I simply adore reading next to writing."

Cora moved forward and sat next to Nicolas. A quick look over made her realize he was from Slytherin. Slytherin, Cora shuddered. One encounter with another Slythie boy had made her forever a bit frightened and hesitant of other Slytherins. However, Nicolas seemed okay and so Cora put away her prejudices for the meantime.

--------------------

user posted image
[set by me]

PMEmail
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Sep 6 2011, 02:48 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Wow, she was writing. This sounded very interesting to Nicolas. "Oh, I'm just rereading my my potions notes from last year." Nicolas replied with a slight discount, "Potions is one of my favourite classes. But you are writing. I wish I was good at writing," he said with a tone of admiration in his voice, "are you writing stories, poems or something totally different?"

Nicolas turned a little to face the girl who sat down next to him. She was evoking his genuine interest. He fingered a small bag of Bertie Blott's Beans out of his pocket and placed them on the mural. "Be free and serve yourself! Where are you from, Cora? I come from Nice, France."

This post has been edited by Nicolas Vinci: Sep 6 2011, 03:04 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Cora Gael
 Posted: Sep 7 2011, 12:21 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
272 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

It honestly sounded like Nicolas was interested in her writing. No one had ever been, no matter how kind or similar they were to Cora. It was an outright surprise for the Puff girl and she decided to try and get to know this boy better. He seemed worth it.

"I like creative fiction, especially dystopia and high fantasy." Would he understand what she was talking about? She was simply in her own little writing world now.

And France? Then why was this boy not studying at Beauxbatons?

"I'm from a small town near Cardiff in Wales...," Cora replied, fiddling with her writing quill. "And why are you not at Beauxbatons if you're from Nice?"

--------------------

user posted image
[set by me]

PMEmail
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Sep 7 2011, 06:06 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Dystopia and high fiction - Nicolas had to confirm if he understood these English words right. "You mean you like to create own worlds, don't you, preferably of the darker style, if I understand right. You must have a rich fantasy and much time to dive into these worlds like into a dream. I've been reading The Lord of the Rings. After some days of reading, as soon as I closed my eyes to sleep I was soaked into this world and living it in my dreams. May be I thus have a slight guess about your writing, or did I understand you totally wrong?"

Nicolas unawarely decided to dispel for first that she was a Puff. He had never made the acquaintance of a person writing fiction. All his family was so scientific and rational. He closed his journal and put it beside him. Talking was much more interesting than studying - even than studying potions! He took one bean from the bag and poked it into his mouth. It tasted strange and salty. Nicolas needed a moment until he got it "Seaweed!" he grinned. Then he returned to their talk. "Cardiff, Southern Wales, that's near Bristol, isn't it? I have never been there, but I heard it's a beautiful place. Did your parents also visit Hogwarts?"

Nicolas was curious to get to know more about Cora. May be she was even from a famous wizard family. Meanwhile her question about Beauxbatons worked in his head. "Yes, right, I'm not really sure, why I am not at Beauxbatons. At least I didn't wonder when I got my letter from Hogwarts, because my sister was already here. I never thought about that, but as you ask I start to wonder. If it is not related to our place of residence, it could be due to family background or to blood status. My grandfather visited Beauxbatons. My grandmother is from Germany, she was in Durmstrang, same as my mother. My father ... " Nicolas didn't finish this sentence like he had initially thought. Being a Slytherin it was better not to commit to anybody that your dad is a muggle. You never knew when this knowledge could be utilized against you. "... is from Italy. As far as I know, for example Durmstrang takes only pureblood wizards. I'm not sure about Beauxbatons. May be my blood was not pure enough or my family background not French enough. Did you know that Beauxbatons accepts only French students? If you look around here at Hogwarts, you find students from all over the world, and even muggle borns."

This post has been edited by Nicolas Vinci: Sep 7 2011, 06:18 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Cora Gael
 Posted: Sep 10 2011, 03:37 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
272 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Cora nodded with exuberance as Nicolas discussed fantasy writing. He was pretty much exact in what he was talking about, despite the fact he seemed to be rather unsure about it all. "That's it exactly. Fantasy is where one can get lost in an imaginary world and it can feel completely real. That's the real magic about it." Honestly, Cora could talk about writing for hours on end, but she doubted this guy was up for that.

One thing she liked about him was perhaps the beans. In fact, as much as she hated to admit it, Cora had never ever been brave enough to try one of those Bertie's beans. She was downright queasy at the idea of eating snot flavour or even vomit. And when Nicolas announced one of seaweed, Cora cringed. She liked her Muggle Jelly Belly's where the worst and most odd flavour was buttered popcorn. Or something crazy like that at least.

Cora's smile faded when Nicolas suddenly asked about her parents attending Hogwarts. One thing about this boy, she thought, is that he is very forward in his speaking.

Cora stuttered a quiet reply: "W-well ... no, m-my parents did ... not attend H-Hogwarts." Cora didn't like for many people to discover her blood status. Often, they thought she was no less than a halfblood but she only wished. Ever since her first incident, Cora had been forever reluctant to reveal that she was Muggle.

This post has been edited by Cora Gael: Sep 10 2011, 03:37 AM

--------------------

user posted image
[set by me]

PMEmail
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Sep 14 2011, 12:27 PM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas smiled. This girl was really interesting. "That's fun. I never wrote down such things, but sure I guess every human who has phantasy, does dream himself from time to time into a fictive world. And the fiction can become so real like it was a parallel universe. Those who are less gifted with phantasy, they watch movies wink.gif Sometimes I wonder which universe is more real, when the countours and colours of a fictive one become very clear. Or, whoever knows, perhaps our reality is also fiction, written down somewhere. And what about having a circular dependance. Just imagine we invented a person, say a muggle playing online roleplay and thereby then inventing us. If we didn't create him, he couldn't create us and thus we wouldn't exist any more." With a broad grin Nicolas added "But we do exist and also you look pretty real - and really pretty - not like somebody had only invented you." He tweaked in his arm "... and I'm not dreaming... so we are the real reality." With honest curiosity he asked looking at Cora's notebook "Are you currently writing a fiction story? What is it about?"

Nicolas hadn't even thought anything evil asking about Cora's parents, he simply was interested to learn more about her. Cora's smile faded and she started to stutter. Her words were already wasted to make Nicolas smelling the rat. With a serious, deep gaze into her eyes, his voice sounding a bit annoyed, he asked "You mean you are a --- muggleborn?" Oh no, he should have guessed that.

This post has been edited by Nicolas Vinci: Sep 15 2011, 03:10 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Cora Gael
 Posted: Sep 17 2011, 01:45 PM

Hufflepuff Third Year
272 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Yes. Cora had finally come to a solid conclusion. This boy was very intriguing, and fortunately passionate about writing or reading, whether or not he did the same. It was good for Cora and she fully embraced his interest in the topics.

"That's what I like about fantasy. It's just an author's dreams and hopes put onto paper and thus it becomes their second reality. Perhaps sometimes that's a bad thing - to get so involved in something false - but usually it's nice ... to kind of get away from some of the worse things in life temporarily," Cora replied. She was shocked at how much she'd said and perhaps she was even talking about herself. She hadn't really meant to. She smiled at Nicolas talking about how they did exist (how she was pretty! and it only fed her vanity) etc.

Oh, how she wished she could change her blood status or at least if her mother or father were a wizard. It's life, she thought but still she wished she could have been a halfblood or, even better, pure. Nonetheless...

Cora hung her head in shame in response. "It's not something I like to advertise much ... but please don't ...judge me too much for it.... "

[Sorry for the late reply.]

--------------------

user posted image
[set by me]

PMEmail
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Sep 19 2011, 09:11 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas was not good at writing, but honestly he enjoyed reading ficition - much more than facts and school books. He slowly got stuck to be genuinely interested in the girl's writings. But when he heard she was a muggle born he was close to jump up and run away. Think somebody from his house would see him talking with a muggle - they'd call him a blood traitor or even worse. Nicolas took a restless look around, but there was nobody watching them, and Nicolas was too curious. "What do you mean - to get away from the worse things in life? Is it about your blood status --" Nicolas knew better how she must feel than he was willing to admit " -- or what can be so bad you need to get away from?" It could well be just about her blood status. Probably she knew as well as he, that he would have to do pranks or hex her, if some other Slytherin came along, only to save his face among his house mates. After a moment he relaxed again. "Cora," he asked, "if you write Dystopia, isn't that also quite a dark way of getting away from bad things in reality , I mean like jumping from the frying pan into the fire? Or does it make you feel better about reality then, when the fictive reality looks much more hopeless and dark?"

This post has been edited by Nicolas Vinci: Sep 19 2011, 09:14 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Cora Gael
 Posted: Sep 22 2011, 12:02 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
272 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Cora had never been asked questions quite like the ones Nicolas was daring to ask. It really surprised her and hit close to a personal note, but she felt that even though he wasn't from the most admirable of houses this boy was honest and trustworthy - to a degree, at least.

"I've not really thought about it, but when I do, I think that yes perhaps I sometimes want to hide from the fact of my blood status. I do know there are times when I seriously wish I was pureblooded or halfblood. I'm truly envious of those people ...," Cora said wistfully, her eyes wandering away and afar, seeing who-knows-what. "And perhaps running away from reality isn't good like I've said but it's how I can cope. Some people like exercise and'll do forty laps around the castle to just get away. My version of that is writing." A sad smile played on Cora's lips and she turned back to Nicolas. Nervously and almost sadly, she kneaded the palms of her hands. Never ever had she said something like this, even to the best of her friends.

--------------------

user posted image
[set by me]

PMEmail
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Sep 23 2011, 07:02 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas was quiet for a moment of thinking. "I guess I'd go out for a walk, may be talking to myself, or I'd go and exercise, like you mentioned, run around the castle until I am so exhausted that I'd fall asleep immediately when I touch my bed's linen. Or I'd go and change things if possible." Nicolas paused again for a breath. "Everybody probably has got his own method. My sister retracts to play the violin ((OOC: and my writer writes songs wink.gif )) It's interesting you are writing fiction. But do you think it actually does help you to cope with the situation, to develop a better attitude to it, or does it only help you to escape for a short time, only to face the same reality again and again?" Nicolas caught a smile from Cora's lips. "I know how you feel as a muggle born..." Oh no, he didn't want to say this. Nicolas bit angrily on his lips, and as a flash a memory went through his mind from his first months at Hogwarts, when he did everything to hide hide he was 'muggle born', until Joanna and he found out the truth. ((OOC: Initially I planned them to find out only much later...)) Nicolas could have slapped himself. It had been a long time since he had such a personal talk with a person outside his best friends. Could he really trust the girl or would he have to ... Quickly Nicolas continued "... I mean, is it all about the blood status. Just don't tell people, invent a good fiction about your family background and make it feel real first to yourself and then to everybody else. This can't be a serious problem for you. If it's not your family background you should use your gifts and abilities to make useful aquaintances. Isn't there something worse bothering you, which you want to escape?"

This post has been edited by Nicolas Vinci: Sep 23 2011, 07:11 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Cora Gael
 Posted: Sep 24 2011, 11:47 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
272 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Cora looked down at her feet, tapping some unknown rhythm against the cold floor of the castle. Nicolas was really asking some personal questions. "Well, I don't think I'm being very logical when I'm upset for any reason. I'm not thinking like, 'If I do this, it's going to come back and I'll have to keep facing reality'. I'm more jumping right in - which is only natural since I'm not really an organized person though it may seem to be. I could try and change my habit, but it's hard. Writing is my savior and yet it can never really fully save me. It's a tough bet, I assume. You're probably right, it's only a temporary escape but it's difficult to mend my own problems considering what the major one is...I can't really fix that. "

Cora paused when she heard a few select words spill off Nicolas's tongue - did he have Muggle blood within him? She could only assume so by his body language but she decided not to press for further information for fear that he might leave. So she only smiled sadly and nodded, to at least acknowledge that she'd heard him but obviously wouldn't judge him herself.

"I don't know if I could lie about my status. I've always been so uncontrollably honesty and, to tell the truth (haha), I'm a lousy liar. Already, there are people who know of it and it's terrible - but my fellow Puffs are clearly rather accepting - it's hard, y'know?"

--------------------

user posted image
[set by me]

PMEmail
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Sep 27 2011, 07:56 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"Yes, I know..." Nicolas nodded with a shy but speaking gaze. Slytherin was the coolest and most fun house ever, but only if you fit into the lines. He had had to learn hard to survive. If you had the right connections and knew the right people, it was possible. "I didn't really mean you should lie about your status - something in between. If you lie, too many will smell the rat. There is another way..." Should he advise a Puff how to make Slytherins think you are a pureblood without lying - better not. He would betray all the noble values of his house.

Nicolas quietly listened when Cora told about her habits and how writing was her savior. He nodded and with a smirk he commented "Really, that doesn't sound too logical. But may be it is logical in another way. See, since writing is your savior, but it can never fully save you, this is like a never ending fountain of creativity. You make me really curious to get to know some of your fictive world." He smiled encouragingly.

This post has been edited by Nicolas Vinci: Sep 27 2011, 07:59 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Cora Gael
 Posted: Sep 28 2011, 01:02 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
272 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"Oh?" questioned Cora, subtly pushing Nicolas for an answer. She was curious and that often got the best of her but she never cared. She was curious and that was what mattered at the moment. Some might say impulsive, but Cora said passionate. "Another way?"

Cora couldn't help but laugh when Nicolas noted what she'd said wasn't too logical. And he was absolutely correct. "It isn't logical. I know it isn't but that's me. Once you know me really well, you come to realize that I appear logical and practical, but, in reality, I'm frequently in chaos and hardly am I calculating. Logics are for those in Ravenclaw. From Hufflepuff, I'm all-around. I've a temper worth three Slythies and boldness worth a Gryffindor. With some random kindness thrown in. Logics, however, I don't possess." Cora paused and smiled. "I've never really shared my writing with someone before - besides my parents back home, of course. I'd only share it if there was a very convincing reason."

--------------------

user posted image
[set by me]

PMEmail
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Sep 29 2011, 07:40 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas grinned, his eyes glancing when Cora explained she was totally unlogical. "See, Cora, this is what I mean. You feel you are in a frequent chaos far away from logic, even you might appear logical. The logic behind is on a higher level. You can't see it yourself and you can't steer it. Oh, I hope that's not too abstract to understand. - Say, if you create a person in your fiction... when you build up the character, you might have thoughts about it, the character itself doesn't know. This is what I'd call a superiour logic." Nicolas made a funny grimace. He didn't know if Cora could follow his thoughts.

((OOC: Sorry, this is getting a bit too theoretical for Nicolas. Sounds almost like his sister was speaking. I'll try to bow it back to practical...))

"You should wear a three coloured uniform then," Nico laughed, "yellow for Hufflepuff, green for Slytherin and red for Gryffindor. I guess most students possess more or less strong traits from every house. For me, I'm brave like a Gryffindor, but not that foolhardy. I'm social like a Hufflepuff, but too ambitious not to use it for networking. I possess logic, but I don't adore it for it's own sake like a Ravenclaw, I use it to achieve my goals."

((OOC: except above wink.gif It seems Nico has spent too much time with his sister in the last weeks... )

"And I'm curious. So, if you don't want to share your writing, why should I be willing to make myself a blood traitor by telling you about The other way?" Nicolas winked to Cora with his eye "Are you ready for a deal?"

This post has been edited by Nicolas Vinci: Sep 29 2011, 07:45 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Cora Gael
 Posted: Oct 19 2011, 09:00 PM

Hufflepuff Third Year
272 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Despite how complex Nicolas seemed to be - he was elaborating tons - it didn't bother Cora. It was something she admired: the ability to think outside of the box, as one might say. "You're correct and I agree."

Three-coloured uniform? Cora laughed, thinking what chaos might erupt among the students if she did stroll around the school in such a robe. It would be comical, but Cora was much to shy to do something like that. It wasn't in her nature, but she did like to imagine reactions.

"Well, I'm not sure if a lot of people would like that if I did, wearing a tri-coloured robe," Cora said jokingly.

Cora grinned as Nicolas proposed a deal - her writing for his 'way'? Hm. Perhaps ...

"Right. Let's make it one."

((Cora and Nic can do their deal HERE!))

--------------------

user posted image
[set by me]

PMEmail
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Oct 21 2011, 04:28 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas smiled...

The sun had gone low and was hiding behind the trees, casting long shadows. Nicolas reached for his bag and suggested "We should probably go back to the castle if we don't want to be late for dinner."

[End RP]

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Phlox Bismarc
 Posted: Oct 30 2011, 09:04 AM

Gryffindor Second Year
57 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Phlox had arrived at hogwarts again. She wasn't aware of the things that has been happening with her family that she needed to be sent back home in the middle of the term. Her cousin, seemed to be annoyed as well. She was confused and walking around had always been great help. She had started from the great hall and she let her feet decide where she would go. It wasn't long until she noticed a barren hut. ::I must be in the lawns:: Phlox hadn't visited it when she first arrived at hogwarts, she walked towards the hut so she could have a good look at it.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

Thanks to Roisin Doyle for the sig!
Another thanks to Aaron Kinlan for the pride sig user posted image
PM
^
Arriane Song
 Posted: Oct 30 2011, 04:31 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
786 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Arri was wandering around the lawns, when she saw a hut ahead of her. She'd heard people talk about the 'barren hut', but had never really thought of going to visit it until today. As Arri walked over to it, she thought about her History class essay that she needed to hand in. It was confusing for her, because they'd just changed teachers for that class and now she was unsure about whether or not she still had to write it. Well, just to be on the safe side, Arri would write it, but if it was unnecessary then it would end up being a waste of her time.
Suddenly, Arri bumped into quite a large rock. Since she had been so deep in thought, she hadn't realized that she'd already arrived at the hut.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

Signature by ZeFi!!!!!

Ability Signature by Kyla Parker

PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
Patrick Parkinson
 Posted: Nov 19 2011, 04:15 PM

Slytherin Seventh Year
79 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ah yes, the grounds. The grounds, the grounds, Patrick mused, the voice in his head taking on an upper-class, pompous accent. Who cared about the grounds? He'd never spent much time outside of the castle. It was full of... grass and bugs and first years, giggling and ooohing and ahhhing over every little thing, like they'd never seen a tree before. But after basically hibernating through out most of the term, Patrick figured it wouldn't kill him to go outside. Now, he was regretting that. It was cold, and damp, the exact opposite of the climate in his favorite place: his bed. He'd just decided to go back in when he came across a barren hut. "What in the bloody hell is a barren hut doing on school grounds?" he mused to himself, deciding to take a look.

This post has been edited by Patrick Parkinson: Nov 19 2011, 04:15 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Reina !!
PMEmail
^
Ivy Borden
 Posted: Nov 19 2011, 06:13 PM

Alumni
1041 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ivy shoved her hands in the pockets of her Slytherin robes as she crunched her way across the leaf-covered lawns. She continued to make her way across the lawns, dropping her chin down a little to block her face from the cool air. She continued along until she walked straight into another human being. "Ugh, get out of the way" she said in a low growl before looking up to see Patrick. She was shocked to see him to be honest. He hadn't been around for what seemed like an eternity...not that she cared. Right? "It's good to see you're still alive, Parkinson" she said, rolling her eyes as she brushed part him and entered the barren hut.

--------------------
user posted image
Banner by Oddball (Odvalle) | >COME PLAY WITH ME!<
PMWebsite
^
Patrick Parkinson
 Posted: Nov 19 2011, 07:09 PM

Slytherin Seventh Year
79 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"...Or you could just watch where you're going, Borden," Patrick replied, the scowl that had formed on his face when he'd been run into now turning into a smirk. "How you managed to find the snitch in that game, girlie, I'll never know." Yes, folks, Patrick Parkinson, resident Slytherin hermit, followed Quidditch...when it suited him to know the results. So he knew that the young lady in front of him had one a game and helped secure their house's place in the Cup finals. He followed her the rest of the short distance to the hut, but only went a step inside the door. "I didn't think nice girls hung around in places like this. Oh, wait...."

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Reina !!
PMEmail
^
Ivy Borden
 Posted: Nov 19 2011, 07:20 PM

Alumni
1041 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ivy listened to him as he made a crack about Quidditch, narrowing her eyes and letting out a growl as she continued to walk away. "It's called talent, Parkinson. Something you'd know nothing about." Too harsh? Meh, Ivy didn't care. She was pissed at Patrick and he deserved to face her wrath. "Though one of these days I should try playing Chaser. Merlin knows I've helped Scorps practice enough..." That was when she heard Patrick say something about nice girls and she couldn't help but chuckle. Whipping around to look at him she smirked. "Exactly..." There was something very mischievous about her tone and the way she was looking at him. She was still pissed though.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Patrick Parkinson
 Posted: Nov 19 2011, 07:57 PM

Slytherin Seventh Year
79 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"Oh, I have talents," Patrick assured her. "Just because you haven't seen my talents doesn't mean they don't..." He stopped short when Ivy mentioned a certain other Slytherin student. One that Patrick despised with all of his heart and soul. "Malfoy?" he said, trying his hardest to keep his voice neutral, though his blood was boiling. "Been spending a lot of time with him, have you?" he asked her, the words clipped, short as they came out of his mouth.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Reina !!
PMEmail
^
Ivy Borden
 Posted: Nov 20 2011, 11:09 PM

Alumni
1041 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ivy sunk her weight down into her hip as she heard the "Malfoy" comment from Patrick. She folded her arms across her chest and smirked at him. "Do you know of any other Scorpius? Clearly having a brain isn't one of your talents...is it" she said to him as she crossed the room to get away from him. As she neared the end of her statement however there was a little hint of playfulness. She didn't want to be too mean after all. Running away crying would certainly tarnish the seventh year Slytherin's bad boy reputation. Once she reached the other side of hut, Ivy turned around and leaned against the wall. "You could say that" she replied to Patrick's question about her spending a lot of time with Malfoy lately. He had, after all, become a very close friend of hers. And the few chaste kisses they had shared had been undeniably enjoyable.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Patrick Parkinson
 Posted: Nov 28 2011, 10:33 AM

Slytherin Seventh Year
79 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

The frown that had been forming on Patrick's face turned into an outright scowl. He didn't even blink at her attempt to goad him with the brain remark. Scorpius Malfoy. Even just the sound of the boy's name made Patrick fill with anger. He knew all about the Malfoys, yes, he did. His mother had told him all about them as he'd been growing up, all about Scorpius' father, the time they'd spent together while they'd been at Hogwarts, how the money and status of the Malfoy name (such as it was) should have been Patrick's. It was safe to say that Patrick loathed Scorpius, loathed his entire family. "Well, I hope you've been enjoying yourself," he said to Ivy. "Sad that you have such low standards when it comes to friends, though..." He looked her up and down. "I guess low standards are the norm for you, aren't they?"

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Reina !!
PMEmail
^
Ivy Borden
 Posted: Nov 28 2011, 08:31 PM

Alumni
1041 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Touchy touchy. The adorable little completely and totally unattractive frown on Patrick's lips turned into a scowl and Ivy reacted as though she had accomplished her mission or something. "Well, I hope you've been enjoying yourself," When he said this, she narrowed her green eyes at him and slowly a smirk crept across her lips, however, before she could respond to this he was looking her up and down and continued to speak. "Sad that you have such low standards when it comes to friends, though...I guess low standards are the norm for you, aren't they?" Shaking her head slowly from side to side she said "Tsk tsk, Parkinson." She moved across the hut and closer to him, stopping only once her body was just inches from his own. She didn't think that either of them would really mind it all that much, even though they would probably try and act like they did. "Regardless of whether or not that is true...at the end of the day my standards are still higher than anything you will ever be able to reach." She narrowed her eyes, almost playfully, as she looked up at him. Ivy thought she was tall for her age but at the end of the day, Patrick still towered over her. All she could do was look up at him with her pretty little green eyes.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Nathan Malarkey
 Posted: Dec 28 2011, 07:58 AM

Ravenclaw Second Year
63 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Nathan could not believe this! Well, he totally could actually. Hogwarts had been waiting for him. such amazingness couldn't be locked up in Dublin forever. Yes the girls on the estate were probably in floods of inconsolable tears that he had left them all to their wicked ways, but these Hogwarts women? Different stock all together. But who could turn down his brown eyes and adorable hair? No one ...

This post has been edited by Nathan Malarkey: Dec 30 2011, 01:44 PM

--------------------
PM
^
Page Spence
 Posted: Dec 30 2011, 08:05 AM

Slytherin Second Year
55 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Page entered the hut slowly, wondering if he was actually allowed to be here. He assumed there’d probably be a sign if he wasn’t, but he always had his doubts. To his surprise, another student was in the hut as well. Wasn’t it meant to be barren? That was the reason he’d come out here in the first place. To escape the maddening crowd of the Hogwarts castle. And yet, luck just didn’t seem to be on his side today. Page stood stock-still, wondering if he should leave and find another sanctuary, or if he should stay and try to make conversation. He didn’t enjoy talking with strangers much, so he’d prefer to leave. Page turned around to the door, hoping he could escape before the boy saw him.

--------------------
user posted image
|Wonderful banner made by Alestis!|call-board
PM
^
Nathan Malarkey
 Posted: Dec 30 2011, 01:53 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
63 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Nathan had been peeking into the corners and was kicking a stone out of the corner when he saw a boy sneak in quietly and then try to sneakout again without being noticed. Ha! Fat chance!

"Oi! You!" he called stomping over to the doorway, "Spying are ya?" he demanded looking as menacing as he could, then he put his hands on his hips and leaned forward, "I got a hint for you, don't let them see you!" that was the general idea of being a spy in the first place. Maybe the Slytherins had heard of him slagging them earlier on in the week and sent this little lad after him as a sort of initiation or something. Whoever he was, Nathan was already in his bad books so there was no point in pulling back now, not that he was ever wrong in any case.

--------------------
PM
^
Page Spence
 Posted: Dec 30 2011, 08:24 PM

Slytherin Second Year
55 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Page stopped trying to leave the hut when he heard the boy yell at him. He’d been caught.. spying. Well, not really, as he wasn’t spying, but the kid assumed he had been. He turned back - shutting the door behind him - to look at the boy; who looked as if he was trying to be angry, but the expression on his face made him seem more constipated than anything else. Page rose an eyebrow at the boy’s reaction. “I wasn’t spying. Just looking around.” Page was not a spy. But he could probably be one if he wanted. He was sneaky enough; and would have been able to escape this situation without getting caught if he really tried. Ah well. When the boy offered up a ‘hint’, Page frowned, “I know how spying works.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nathan Malarkey
 Posted: Dec 31 2011, 09:45 AM

Ravenclaw Second Year
63 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Nathan scoffed as the Slytherin went all defensive on him, "Well if you arent spying what are you doing here?" he asked just as defensively. He didnt really want the guy to leave, cause as much as nathan was loath to admit it, he needed to make a few friends, and being snarky was the only way he knew how to do it. If you are sarcastic and expansive enough to make yourself interesting, then friends generally tended to follow. That was the way he worked anyways!

--------------------
PM
^
Page Spence
 Posted: Jan 1 2012, 09:01 AM

Slytherin Second Year
55 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Page crossed his arms; why did the kid really care why he was here? He hadn’t been doing anything illegal, had he? He tried to peek around the boy, to see if there were any.. well, illicit substances or something. But hey, he looked about the same age as Page was. Would he really be doing that? Page turned his attention back to him when he spoke. “Looking for a quiet place.” He could tell he wasn’t going to get that here. And it didn’t seem the kid would let him leave any time soon, so he decided he might as well introduce himself, “I’m Page Spence.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nathan Malarkey
 Posted: Jan 2 2012, 06:45 AM

Ravenclaw Second Year
63 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

AHA! Nathan thought in his head behind the indifferent face he put on, a name! Progress!

"Well Page, I'm Nathan," He said, still trying to hold onto the indifference, but the decent conversation was running out in his head and if something didn't occur to him quick then he was going to have to resort to more rudeness and the lad didn't seem to deserve that... yet. He had stayed hadn't he? He had stood up for himself. that was something to be admired at least.

"And you passed the test!" he suddenly said holding out a hand for Page to shake it, "Congratulations" he said solemnly.

--------------------
PM
^
Page Spence
 Posted: Jan 2 2012, 03:27 PM

Slytherin Second Year
55 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Page nodded as the boy provided his name. Nathan was a much better name than Page. Really, Page was almost an all girl’s name, now. But he’d learned not to complain about things he couldn’t change. At least, not until he was older. Page started when Nathan spoke up again, holding his hand out for a shake. Page grasped his hand, shaking it, wondering what test he could have possibly passed. He returned his hand back to his pocket. “And what test would that be?” He asked, curious as to what the answer could be.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nathan Malarkey
 Posted: Jan 3 2012, 12:46 AM

Ravenclaw Second Year
63 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Nathan shook pages hand firmly and then let him go , "oh only the test of awesome, you have passed stage one" which was not running and crying like a little girl.

"So, you new too then?" he asked nonchalantly kicking a stone so that it bounced off the wall on the other side of the shack.

--------------------
PM
^
Page Spence
 Posted: Jan 4 2012, 01:40 PM

Slytherin Second Year
55 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Page rose another eyebrow (he seemed to do that a lot lately). The test of awesome, eh? “How many stages are there, then?” Yeah, so Page was sure he could pass them all. He wasn’t that full of himself, not really, but he could be awesome if he tried. And if there was a test involved, well, that only gave him more incentive. Not that it was a real test, or anything, but hey, whatever, he’d go with it. “Yeah, I’m new.” It seemed Nathan was new as well; so Page wasn’t the only one who arrived to term a bit early. “I got here a few weeks ago,” he said, watching as Nathan kicked a stone.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Leo Coldsteel
 Posted: Jan 6 2012, 07:59 AM

Gryffindor Fifth Year
129 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Leo decided to take a break from the fun of snowboarding. He had been smart enough to tuck a thermos of hot cocoa into his coat pocket. Yay! Wait, how the heck does one fit an entire thermos into the pocket of a coat? Extension charm, woot! And so, it looked sort of odd when he pulled out this giant thermos, but then again if a wizard person saw it happen they'd probably not think twice. It still would look shocking to some he'd assume. Leo's mum had fitted all of their clothes with such a charm so they could carry around lots of things. Like a wand and some snacks and games and junk like that. And so Leo uncapped his cocoa as he took a seat in one of the rickety old chairs just outside of the little hut. The eve of the roof overhung just enough to give him shelter from the mid day snowstorm that had sprung up. So he sat there, sipping cocoa, boot clad feet kicked up onto another chair near by crossed at the ankles and he regarded the seen. The castle was nearly obscured by the falling snow, just an outline could be seen and it was quite. As if someone had dulled out the sound in the room though he knew it was just the blanket of snow that padded the area warding off echos and such.

--------------------
user posted image
Art by L.H.
PM
^
Tallulah Brimstone
 Posted: Jan 6 2012, 09:48 AM

Alumni
1981 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

This was a first for Tallulah. She had never been here before, it probably had something to do with the hill aspect, she wasn't sure. Never the less, Tally thought it would be great exercise and the views would be stunning, even more so in the snow.
She wrapped her scarf around her tighter and stuffed her hands right into the depths of her coat. Even with the hood up and a hat on, she was still chilly.
After reaching the top she spotted not only a hat, but a boy, slightly older than she was and drinking something from a thermos.
"Hello there," she called out, heading toward him.

OUTFIT

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteYIMMSN
^
Leo Coldsteel
 Posted: Jan 6 2012, 09:57 AM

Gryffindor Fifth Year
129 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Leo's eyes rose over the brim of his thermos cup as he heard someone call out a Hello there. He was just ready to sip but drew the cup away and greeted the figure with a bright smile and small wave. Once they got closer he could see it was a she... a girl. She seemed sort of dressed for the weather but not as warmly in a one piece snowboarding suit as Leo had prepared himself. Then again, he had been out hitting the hills as indicated by the new board emblazoned with a giant Gryffindor crest on it, leaning up against the worn wood of the shack. She seemed to be out for a stroll if Leo had to guess. In a snowstorm. Oh well, who was he to judge what people counted as their past times? "Afternoon! How are ya?" He asked in a chipper tone. He maybe had seen the girl around, maybe in the great hall or the corridors or even in the common room if she proved to be Gryffindor too then that would be a possible explanation. Though he couldn't place a name. Leaning forward, he offered a hand in greeting, as was proper. "I'm Leo, and you're a long way from the castle. What ya doin all the way down here, and in a snow storm? Want some cocoa?" She must be freezing appearing she did have a coat and hat and scarf on but those light wooly fashion boots wouldn't keep out the snow and just jeans? She had to be cold! Just looking at her made Leo feel colder.

--------------------
user posted image
Art by L.H.
PM
^
Tallulah Brimstone
 Posted: Jan 6 2012, 10:09 AM

Alumni
1981 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Tally reached and sat down next to Leo. She looked at what he was wearing and thought that he was far more prepared for the weather than she was. It was the lion crest that gave him away from which house he was in. But Tally had a hard taske placing him.

"I'm alright. Bit nippy isn't it?" she said looking at him. "I'm Tally and no cocoa for me thanks,"

Explain so you don't seem rude!

"I'm allergic to cows milk,"

She didn't seem that far away from the castle while she was walking but now she was at the top, Tally concluded that Leo was right. They were both a long way from Hogwarts.
Tally walked a lot when she was with her family, and snow was not a problem, having been on holiday to Canada, Germany in the winter and Scotland walking in the snow didn't bother her in the slightest.

"Well you're just as far away too," she grinned.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteYIMMSN
^
Leo Coldsteel
 Posted: Jan 6 2012, 10:29 AM

Gryffindor Fifth Year
129 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

He shook her hand and offered one of the chairs, hoping it wouldn't break. Not that she was hefty or anything, it was just the chairs looked pretty old and weather worn. She seemed ok though once she settled in and noted that it was a bit nippy. He nodded in agreement. "Indeed! Pleased to meet you Tally." He said, as it was always a pleasure to meet a new person... well most of the time it turned out that way but one never knew. She declined his offer of the cocoa and his smile slipped a bit. "What? It's not like poisoned or anything. Well, I don't think it is. I haven't died yet so that should be proof enough I suppose." He squinted one eye and looked into the thermos as if he would be able to see some sort of substance if it were indeed tainted. Which it obviously wasn't but, hey, it never hurt to check. "I'm allergic to cows milk," was her reason and then he shrugged one shoulder as if it were no big deal. "Good enough reason." And it was! Gosh he didn't want to make someone sick. But he felt bad drinking it in front of her so he put the cocoa away to the side. Folding his hands in his lap and trusting his chair enough to lean back on the two hind legs, he listened to her make her point. "Ah yes! But I have a mode of transport... of sorts." He said, reaching over and patting his shiny new snow board. He was very fond of his Christmas gift from his parents. Even more fond since it obviously made his sister boil with jealousy. "Do you ride, Tally?" He asked, using the name she had provided. He wondered what it was short for but he didn't dare ask. Last time he did that he got berated.

--------------------
user posted image
Art by L.H.
PM
^
Tallulah Brimstone
 Posted: Jan 6 2012, 10:39 AM

Alumni
1981 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"I know it sounds like a terrible cop out but honestly I am. I haven't been able to drink cocoa with milk in it for nearly seven years, let alone anything else with dairy in it,"

Tally was the one who suffered and she felt terrible when people had to hide cake, chocolate and biscuits from her but it never bothered her. One day she was happily eating chocolate, next day at the doctors wondering why she felt so ill.
She saw the snowboard and her face erupted into a massive grin. Her cousin Jackson had one and she was always envious of him for having it, and her uncles McKinley and Tobais had them too.

"No, well sometimes if I'm with my cousins. I'm not very good though," she admitted. Tally did spend more time on her bum than on her feet/board with her family giggling and patronising her.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteYIMMSN
^
Leo Coldsteel
 Posted: Jan 6 2012, 10:47 AM

Gryffindor Fifth Year
129 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

He held up his hand."No need to apologize! I wouldn't want to make you sick. That's terrible. I'm sorry." He really did feel sorry for her because cocoa was like so yummy and well to not be able to drink it for seven years or even the rest of your life? What a bummer. No milk, that meant no cereal like that girl Sapphire was eating. Well if she were muggleborn or took a liking to the stuff then that would be another thing you'd feel deprived of. But if she was like him and never had the stuff before or even had known it existed until he came to Hogwarts, well then it wouldn't be something one would miss if they never had the stuff. She seemed impressed by the snow board though and that made Leo feel some more pride grow from within. He liked to impress people, not that he was a show off or anything. Ok well maybe a little bit of a show off. She said no at first and his hopes were dashed but then she said sometimes and he smiled again. He was just hoping to find a snowboarding partner. And he had failed in that as of yet. She said she wasn't very good and he waved a hand at her like get out of town! "Aww that's okay! As long as you try and give it your best you're sure to have fun. And the more ya do it the better you'll get! I wish I had an extra board with me. I'd show ya." Not like people just carried around extra snow boards for no reason but that was beside the point.

--------------------
user posted image
Art by L.H.
PM
^
Tallulah Brimstone
 Posted: Jan 6 2012, 10:55 AM

Alumni
1981 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"Well so long as you're a better teacher than my cousins, then that's fine," she grinned. Tally was more of a fan of sledging and snow mobilling.
"I usually end up on the ground," she hugged her knees and looked at the board. It was gorgeous to look at. As a ballet dancer, she was supposed to have a better sense of balance and good centre of gravity but for some reason, it eluded her. As did skiing. It was really annoying and maddening for her.
"So I haven't seen you around before. Have you transferred from another school?" she asked with a smile on her face.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteYIMMSN
^
Leo Coldsteel
 Posted: Jan 6 2012, 11:09 AM

Gryffindor Fifth Year
129 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

"Well I don't know your cousin but I always try to do my best." It was the truth, if nothing Leo always tried his best and hardest at everything. He was competitive but he wasn't a jerk about it. He just love the thrill of going out and doing something. The fresh air, the sunlight, the rush of adrenaline when you flew or glided or ran or jumped. Anything! But still, though he'd go at it alone rather than sit around staring at the wall, he'd much prefer to have someone to do things with. Well, there was always his siblings. Not that Paige was often seen with him and when she was she was always demanding he do things for her rather than with her. And Luc... HA! He loved his brother and they were twins and all but the dude had a nasty streak. He'd play some sort of prank and Leo would end up with the blame. Or get get a prank pulled on him. That was not fun. Why couldn't his brother just be normal? Why couldn't his whole family just be normal? What exactly was normal though. Oh Leo's head was starting to hurt from thinking about it. "So I haven't seen you around before. Have you transferred from another school?" Her question jolted him from his thoughts and he was thankful. He furrowed his brow trying to consider exactly how to answer it. "I've been around for a little while, here at Hogwarts. I'm a fourth year, how about you?" He posed the question back at her. He didn't like to talk about where his brother and he had been prior to coming to Hogwarts, nor the circumstance that required such a move.

--------------------
user posted image
Art by L.H.
PM
^
Nathan Malarkey
 Posted: Jan 6 2012, 11:55 AM

Ravenclaw Second Year
63 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Nathan was just about to reply to Page when he heard someone tramping up outrside the hut. He put a finger to his lips and crouched down to have a look outside through one of the many cracks in the walls. It was an older student carrying some sort of board with straps on. looked like some sort of medieval torture device. He quickly grabbed Page by the scruff of the neck and puched him out the back of the hut through the hole had had kicked in the wall earlier.

After stuffing a complainging Page through he rolled over in the snow coating himself top to toe in white dust and flopped down almost silently below a snowdrift so that he could keep an eye on the guy who had knocked out a flask of something.

Nathan saw an older girl come over the bluff up to the top of the hill to the hut too and suddenly had a great idea. he looked at Page and raised his eyebrows. (they seemed to communicate mainly through this eyebrow movements) he mimed making a snowball and throwing it at the two of them while mouthing "Next Test!"

He then scraped a snowball together and lobbed it over at them unsire where the wind would blow it but it looked like it was on course to hit one of them.

( OOC - There was only two days on the previous post Leo and its a minimum of 3 days before you can assume the RP is abandoned... however, this could be fun too http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/3.gif)

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ