View All Announcements

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Barren Hut
Luna Lenton
 Posted: Mar 23 2012, 03:44 PM

Alumni
2520 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Luna was glad to see how her young housemates were full of enthusiasm in finding the little guinea pig. Two girls had brought a broom handle and a pack of sellotape, ecatly the things that can be used to track the little fellow. "Nice job, girls! We can have good use of that." She considered the bunch of things they got. "I think now we have everything we need... I think we can start building it now." She took one of the cardboard boxes and started sellotaping it's one end. Doing that, she spoke: "Someone can put that hamster treat in that small plastic box, and someone can tie the rope to the broom handle... Oh, I think we could use some grass too, to make the trap look more natural." She thought of that just now, thinking of how the final product may end looking like.

--------------------
PMYIM
^
Mary Penelope
 Posted: Mar 23 2012, 04:02 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
441 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Hearing the one older girl ask for some grass as she started to make the trap, Mary bent down and began carefully picking the blades. She made sure they didn't cut off too roughly, and she didn't pull the whole plant out either.
"Here ya go." She said, holding out a fistful of the stuff to the person who'd asked for it.
PMEmail
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Mar 23 2012, 04:18 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Canis had moved around the hut, looking for tracks of the guinea pig only the hut's outer wall. Unsuccessfully. When he heard a scream, he raced back, only to find that the situation was already under control. All the girls had taken care of Ange, who'd apparently wrestled with a rose bush. He chuckled slightly, and then noticed the supply the others had found in the hut. While they were busy assembling a trap, Canis went back to resume his search for tracks.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Angel Ride
 Posted: Mar 23 2012, 05:48 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
58 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

seeing that Luna needed some way to blend the trap Angel went over to the rode bushes she had earlier tackled. The dirty blonde haired girls knelt on the prickly grass and started to pick a few roses and some blossom. "Ouch!" cried Angel as she pricked her finger. Angel got up and walked back to the hut. She walked in and questioned the girls,"Would these do?"
PMEmail
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Mar 23 2012, 05:53 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Canis decided that this side of the hut was hopeless. There was a lot of loose dirt around, but there were no pawprints, so no guinea pigs or anything else small had made it this way. He returned to the front of the hut to join the others and see how far along they had gotten with the trap. Just then he heard another ouch from Ange and saw that she had pricked her finger. He had to suppress a laugh again. The girl was really not lucky with those roses. "Nothing's been back there," he told the others, jerking his head in the direction he'd just come from. "Anything I can help with here?" But it looked like it was all under control. He could always go and check the other side of the hut. Or maybe the squeak had come from inside?

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Celina Cansu
 Posted: Mar 24 2012, 09:52 AM

Gryffindor Third Year
1198 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celina followed Luna's instructions and started taking the broom handle and the rope. She tied the two ends together making it look like a fishing pole. "Like this?" She asked the older girl. She then took the hamster treats ad placed them in a tiny box, waiting on what she had to do next.

--------------------
user posted image

Thanks for the sig Vera!

My Wand || Profile || My Owl: Dexter || Callboard || Collection || Shipper
PM
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Mar 24 2012, 02:00 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

When he didn't get a reply right away, Canis looked more closely at what had already been done and what everyone was doing. Mary and Ange seemed to be gathering things for camouflage the trap with, and Canis could help with that. Behind the hut he had seen low-hanging branches of a tree, and he could get some of those. He wondered about whether that was a wand tree and he'd be attacked by another Bowtruckle, but he decided to just be quick with it. He left for the back of the hut.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Adax Dantrix
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 02:50 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
45 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Making his way down, David heard a lot of noise coming from near the hut. Making his way towards it, he saw a few girls trying to hide a trap. He couldn't help but giggle at how determined they seemed. Walking up to them seemingly unnoticed. You're not going to catch anything making that much noise. David said jokingly.

--------------------
user posted image
Made by me user posted image Happy to make for anyone elseuser posted image
PM
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 02:56 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Canis walked around the back of the hut and up to the tree he'd seen earlier. When he looked at it more closely it really seemed more like a bush then a tree. He didn't know whether you could make wands out of bushes. Maybe out of very large ones when they had stiff branches? Anyway, this was just a regular, flimsy one, so he quickly ripped off some twigs with leaves on them and went back to the front of the hut. "Hey, David!" he greeted the newcomer. "Come to help? There's something around here, probably a guinea pig. I've heard it squeak when I got here. We're trying to catch it." He grinned and continued, "Actually, they're trying to trap it." He would soon resume his solitary search at the other side of the hut.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Adax Dantrix
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 03:54 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
45 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oh wow, I'll help! What do you need me to do? Asked David as he started carefully looking around for the little rodent. Has anyone lost it? Or is it a wild one? Asked David as he got up from crawling around in the grass.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Celina Cansu
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 04:05 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
1198 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celina was setting up the trap to catch the guinea pig when she heard a familiar voice. She looked up and smiled. "Hey David!" she said joyfully. The two boys went to search for the guinea pig so Celina started assembling the trap. She was going to have to be careful.

--------------------
user posted image

Thanks for the sig Vera!

PM
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 04:25 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"We don't know," Canis replied to David. "A few weeks ago, some guinea pigs got loose in the Barn." He nodded over in the general direction of the barn. "And lots of students went on a day-long guinea pig hunt. We found plenty, but we didn't know how many were missing. It's possible this is one of them." He grinned. "And if it really is, by now it's probably a wild one!" He went to the side of the hut he hadn't yet explored. Yeah, this was prime hiding territory. The grass was long here, and there were plenty bushes, going right up to the wall. He got down again and started looking.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Adax Dantrix
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 04:33 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
45 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Not having any success looking around the hut, David went to where Celina was. Need any help with that trap? I'm very good with those sorts of things! David said as he knelt next to her.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Celina Cansu
 Posted: Mar 25 2012, 05:21 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
1198 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celina looked up and smiled at David. "Sure! I'm actually pretty confused right now!" She told him, laughing.

--------------------
user posted image

Thanks for the sig Vera!

PM
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Mar 26 2012, 05:19 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Canis thought he'd heard some rustling in one of the bushes and bent down to investigate. Then there was a little squeak again. He quickly got up, went around to the front of the hut and told the others, "It's back here, on the side, in a bush! Is the trap ready? Can you bring it around?" He didn't wait for an answer but went back quickly, in case it decided to run off and hide somewhere else, now that it had been discovered.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Angel Ride
 Posted: Mar 26 2012, 06:13 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
58 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

As Canis turned around and started speeding away to the bush Angel made sure the trap was secure and could blend in easily she got ready to take it away.
For some reason Angel started singing Mary Had a Little Lamb because it reminded her of the guinea pigs.
Mary had a little lamb little lamb little lamb
Mary had a little lamb its fleese was white as snow.

Shaking her head Angel came back to reality.
l" Hey can somebody help me take the trap?!?!,"Angel asked hopefully. Soon many helping hands were helping her lift the trap.

This post has been edited by Angel Ride: Mar 26 2012, 06:30 PM
PMEmail
^
Celina Cansu
 Posted: Mar 26 2012, 06:36 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
1198 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celina took the trap she had made and carried i t with Angel, to Canis. "Here ya go!" She told him joyfully. They actually had a chance to catch it, if they were lucky.

--------------------
user posted image

Thanks for the sig Vera!

PM
^
Mary Penelope
 Posted: Mar 26 2012, 07:54 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
441 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

When Mary heard that Canis had found the guinea pig, she slipped to the designated spot after him, and hid in the bushes to search for a place to put the trap. She found an extremely small circle with no tall in the long plant. It seemed to be big enough, so she went over to Canis, who was holding the trap. "I found a place to put it." She told him. "You wanna come see?"
PMEmail
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 11:41 AM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Canis had gone back, and he heard the squeak of the guinea pig again, fortunately from about the same position. Then Angel and Celina arrived with the trap, and Mary appeared from the bushes to say she'd found a good spot to put the trap. "Nah, it's alright," he told her, "we'll just bring the trap right away. Why don't you help me get it there," he suggested. He turned to Celina and Angel. "It's about there." He pointed to the spot. "Can you please stay here, maybe off to each side a bit, and keep an eye out? Just in case it runs past the trap and tries to get away?" And to Mary, he said, "Can you stay with the trap, and I'll try to get behind it and shoo it to you?"

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Mary Penelope
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 01:03 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
441 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Mary nodded. "Sure. It's right over there." She pointed to a spot a little to the left, but still fairly in front, of where Canis thought the guinea pig was. She also nodded at his next question. "'Course." She replied. "But I can't promise I'll catch it if it doesn't go right in. Guinea pigs are fairly slippery, sneaky things, if the ones I have at home are anything to go by."
PMEmail
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 05:09 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Canis nodded that he'd understood. Mary and he went to put the trap into position, and Canis made sure that the entrance to the trap would be pointing to where he expected the guinea pig to come from. Then he went, as quietly as possible and in a wide arc, around and behind the guinea pig. He got down on all fours and slowly crawled up to where he thought it was. And there it was, and very cute, too. He assumed it was black, but now it was all muddy and dirty and sort of greyish. But it had a cute white nose that wriggled. "Hey you," he said softly, hoping that maybe it would just come to him. "Ready to go back into the barn?" But it seemed that it enjoyed being outside, because it ran from Canis right away. "It's coming your way!" he called to Mary and the others.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Angel Ride
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 06:27 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
58 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Angel got ready as a coal colored(or she thought) scurried away from Canis. Her muscles tensed as the guinea pig got closer and closer.
PMEmail
^
Celina Cansu
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 06:44 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
1198 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celina turned her head immediately when she heard the hurried little footsteps from the guinea pigs. "I heard them, Angel." she told the girl. "Canis! It's coming near you!" She called to him.

--------------------
user posted image

Thanks for the sig Vera!

PM
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 06:59 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

No, it's not, it's coming to you! Canis wanted to call back to Celina, but he was afraid they'd be making too much noise for the little critter. And he didn't want the guinea pig too agitated, because he also knew how quick they could be when they really had to get away from what they thought was danger. And this one had probably survived outside for months, so it would be well trained and alert. So he just kept quiet and moved forward, in case it should really decide to turn back.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Mary Penelope
 Posted: Mar 27 2012, 07:34 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
441 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Mary listened carefully to the sound of tiny little footsteps, trying to figure out where they were coming from. Eventually she gave up, and tensed, ready to jump to grab the critter if it came her way. She heard everyone yelling, and thought they were making to much noise, but kept her opinions to herself. She learned a long time ago that people rarely listen in the heat of a chase and/or fight.
PMEmail
^
Angel Ride
 Posted: Mar 28 2012, 05:33 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
58 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Angel heard the tiny footsteps skittering across the blemished grass. ahe wiped the dirt and sweat from her forehed as the sun beated on her. She felt someting run near the trap. Angel
smiled. "Hey I heard it's"she cried.

This post has been edited by Angel Ride: Mar 30 2012, 06:57 PM
PMEmail
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Mar 30 2012, 04:24 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Despite the noise the others made, Canis heard the trap fall shut. Either they'd caught the little critter, or it had misfired, which was possible, seeing how quickly they'd put it up here. "We might have got it!" he called loudly to the others, got up and walked around the bushes back to the front where they'd placed the trap.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ