View All Announcements

Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Winter Wonderland
 Posted: Jun 8 2011, 05:45 AM

N/AN/AN/A
N/A POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Angel Carriedo
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 02:52 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
3825 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

So. There were new faces, and since she'd had a smash helping Anders, why not try helping out another? Since she missed the winter, why not, meet her down here at this cold place? The ice skating rink was a bit crowded, but this place was perfectly deserted, so here she was, dressed up in her summer best but sporting a scarf and some gloves, since after all, she was in the Winter Wonderland section.

She hoped that the new girl didn't get lost or anything; this place was getting bigger and bigger. Of course she wanted to make a good impression, why not start it now?

[[tagging: Nozomi Ishikawa]]

--------------------
user posted image
Ability: Alex Valen; Grazie Wonder Girl!; Leaders: Er.. Yeah.
File~Plot~Ship~SQC~CB~YF FC~T^T~LLAMA~B-Day Gift?!~DJ Playlists!~Sign THIS!!!
PM
^
Nozomi Jacqli Ishikawa
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 07:35 AM

Ravenclaw Third Year
137 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nozomi was just sitting on a couch in her common room thinking of what she will do in the next few days. After a while she received an owl from a person named Angel offering to help her settle here in Hogwarts. In the last part of the letter she wrote that she should have to wear something comfaortable that made her wonder but any ways she went up to her room and changed to something comfortable to wear outside. She brushed her hair quickly, went downstairs and left the common room.

Finally she reached the ground floor and went outside the castle. She kept walking and after a few seconds she stopped. Oh..no... where should I go?...I hope i can't be lost... she thought. She wasn't even able to explore the castle... it would really take her perhaps days to explore everything.. anyways.. she just continued to walk while thinking.. where could she be? she came to a conclusion and finally went to a place (winter wonderland).. it was deserted... until she saw a person and went towards him. "Uhm.. excuse me... Im not sure whether I'm lost or not., but. do you happened to be Angel?" she asked and smiled. Of course getting a good view it was a girl so she was really hoping that ,that person is Angel.

(Its pretty long...I'll edit if i have wrong grammar..)

This post has been edited by Nozomi Jacqli Ishikawa: Jun 12 2011, 07:37 AM

--------------------

user posted image
♫Arigatou Miss Alex Valen for the sig!♪
||♥My Profile♥||
PM
^
Angel Carriedo
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 08:14 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
3825 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

(you're doing fine! Keep it up! smile.gif Just put spaces in between if you think it's getting long enough. Try to learn from my style. wink.gif)

She had already built a snowman from all the surrounding snow in the area and was pondering on making snow cones when she heard a girl's voice call out from behind her. Taking a whirl as she spun about-face, she saw a new face. And luckily she was wearing a blue-and-bronze scarf... this had to be Nozomi.

"Hi there," she said gently, beckoning her to come and join her. "Yep, I'm Angel, and I'll show you the ropes around here. So... what do you want to know?" she continued, patting on some more snow on her snowman's head, as it was a bit thin.

This post has been edited by Angel Carriedo: Jun 12 2011, 08:14 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nozomi Jacqli Ishikawa
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 08:34 AM

Ravenclaw Third Year
137 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nozomi was glad that she found Angel and joined her in making a snowman. While helping her add some snow on the snowman's head she was asked one what she would like to know. let's see.. she can't even decide what she would ask first. There are so many things that she wanted to know "uhm. about taking up classes.. and getting quills?" she asked. She thought it was one of the important things she might need to know. That's why she is here to study and at the same making friends right?

--------------------

user posted image
||♥My Profile♥||
PM
^
Angel Carriedo
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 08:41 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
3825 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Ah, yes. Taking up classes. That was one of the most important things she had to learn while she was new, but now was the time to teach someone younger how to actually get it done. "Getting the things they call Quills is easy, just attend the classes and turn in homework before the due date. And since we're already on the process of that, I highly suggest to you; take only the amount of classes you can handle."

She then stood back a bit to observe the snowman, it wasn't as lopsided as it was earlier. She then saw some stray lumps of charcoal near their spot, she then offered Nozomi the other one, as she stuck in the first lump she had, in order to make the eye of the snowman.

"The maximum number of classes you can take at one time is ten; just make sure you take all the prerequisite classes before trying to go for the more advanced ones..." she added as an afterthought.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nozomi Jacqli Ishikawa
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 09:04 AM

Ravenclaw Third Year
137 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

She nodded as Angel began to explain about taking up classes and quills. Right. She took a mental note about it. She hope that she wouldn't do something reckless and take on any classes as she like or else she would really stressed out.

She grabbed the lump of snow on Angel's hand and stuck it so that the snowman could now have two eyes.

"got it. how many quills do we need to move up a year?" she asked.

(sleepy.. i'll go to bed in around 12.. i have classes tom. smile.gif)

This post has been edited by Nozomi Jacqli Ishikawa: Jun 12 2011, 09:07 AM

--------------------

user posted image
||♥My Profile♥||
PM
^
Angel Carriedo
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 09:27 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
3825 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

(sure! Enjoy your classes! Let's continue this as soon as you're free okay? Try to post here at least once a day or so and I'll get back to you! smile.gif)

She grinned as she watched Nozomi stick in the other lump on the snowy head; now it looked less than a one-eyed bandit and was now a proper snowman. She then chuckled a bit, and said, "You need three Quills to move up a year at the least. If you have more, that's alright, but three is the absolute minimum requirement. As for classes... I can highly recommend Charms with Professor Azalea; she's like totally awesome," she grinned. Scouring her memory, she tried to look for other interesting classes.

"Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Jason Stone is alright too, he teaches what he preaches; basically you'll learn a lot of spells in your first year alone; just make sure to follow everything that the Professors say," she continued, looking around the nearby premises for some rocks. After spotting some, she cupped them up and piled them near where they were, and began sticking one on the lower portion of the snowman's face to form his mouth.

"The rest, you'll see for yourself. Oh, and if you'll wonder why the classes for Summer Term are different, it's because, well, it is summer after all, so you can go nuts. But the same 3 Quills to move up a year will apply," she added after that, thinking of how to make the mouth of the snowman look.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nozomi Jacqli Ishikawa
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 03:11 PM

Ravenclaw Third Year
137 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Somehow Nozomi understand some of the things relating with quills and classes. Now she could relax a bit. It's really great that her helper even gave some interesting classes to go to.

She grabbed some rocks near them and help Angel to form the mouth of the snowman. She was getting excited to see the outcome and after the mouth's done they would just fine something that can be a nose for snowman.

"Angel, what are the places that we are not allowed to go to.. aside from the forbidden forest?". She asked at least if she would explore somewhere.. she would know the places that cannot be explored.

(posting before i go to school smile.gif )

--------------------

user posted image
||♥My Profile♥||
PM
^
Angel Carriedo
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 03:27 PM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
3825 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Another interesting question. Well, this one was easily answered, in her humble opinion. "We can only pop into the towns when it's end of the Term or during Term break... and since it's Summer Term, we can go around basically everywhere. Asides from the Forbidden Forest, of course," she was quick to add. There was the telltale word in it, after all. That alone would've been enough to discourage anyone to heed what the older people said.

"And this might be totally random, but don't go to the boy's bathroom, unless you want a Prefect to catch you. That would be so awkward," she added with a mischievous grin. Of course she hadn't done it yet, but who said that she wouldn't try?

"There're also a lot of interesting things too... clubs, for example... I've got my own store in the Junior business Club, or JBC for short... though the whole part of the second floor where the clubs are is still under repair," she added thoughtfully, thinking back. "There are a lot of clubs that you can definitely find fellow students in who share your interest," she ended, continuing to stick in rocks for the snowman's mouth.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nozomi Jacqli Ishikawa
 Posted: Jun 13 2011, 09:21 AM

Ravenclaw Third Year
137 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"oooh... Nozomi said as her helper answered her question about the places we can explore, and by the time she added that Nozomi should not go to the boy's bathroom she laughed. She haven't experienced yet going to the boy's bathroom by mistake.

She was excited when Angel told her about the different clubs that she can join. She bet that this term would also be interesting aside from going to class for the very first time in Hogwarts and at the same time making new friends. She put another rock to make the snowman's mouth. She looked around to see if she could find anything for the snowman's nose with no luck she just went back and put some stones until the mouth was finished.

She looked at Angel shy asked her"could you show me around the common room if we have some time?" she said politely. Since she doesn't even know the other places around the common room.

--------------------

user posted image
||♥My Profile♥||
PM
^
Angel Carriedo
 Posted: Jun 14 2011, 03:15 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
3825 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

It was a good thing Nozomi was attentive, never missing a thing she said; that's how she learned from her mentor when she herself was the new girl on the block. Seeing that the mouth was almost done, she stuck in the last rock, and suddenly started to giggle.

"I can take you there to the Common Room and show you around a bit, but of course we cannot have our snowman here with no nose, right?" she began,pulling out a box of Pocky. Yes, Pocky. She was thinking of the weirdest nose ever and ripped the box open along with the foil container, exposing several chocolate-dipped sticks.

"Want some?" she offered Nozomi.

This post has been edited by Angel Carriedo: Jun 14 2011, 03:15 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nozomi Jacqli Ishikawa
 Posted: Jun 14 2011, 08:02 AM

Ravenclaw Third Year
137 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"Right." she said and laughed. It would be sad if they would leave the snowman unfinished but she couldn't find any nose for the snowman.. perhaps if a miracle could happen she would request for a cone or maybe a carrot lying around the snow.

Nozomi nodded and grab some chocolate-dipped pocky and ate them. Chocolate. One of her favorites aside from strawberry. She couldn't believe that even here pockys are available... or maybe they were just sent?... she hope that she bought some pockys in her hometown all the way to Hogwarts.

"Pockys are awesome!..I really love the chocolate one.. do the Junior Bussiness Club also sell this?... oh!--oh!.. uhmm.. would it be nice if we could call this a pocky snowman?... i can't find some cone-like nose around... She said.

--------------------

user posted image
||♥My Profile♥||
PM
^
Angel Carriedo
 Posted: Jun 15 2011, 11:17 PM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
3825 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

She grinned at Nozomi's reaction; oh, how she wanted to reveal her most-guarded secret! It was so tempting to do it. "Take as many as you want, this is for us both," she said, giving her the whole box and pulling out another box... and this time it was blueberry-flavored. Yes, this was the Pocky "monster" of Hogwarts Nozomi was with at the moment. She gave a cackle and opened the blueberry-flavored box for herself and stuck a few pieces into her mouth, finally deciding to stick one into the face of Mister Snowman here just to see if it would work.

"I can tell you where the Pocky comes from... after we finish our little tour of the Common Room, ne?" she said a few seconds later, because her silence was only shattered by her eating the blueberry sticks she'd jammed in her mouth.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nozomi Jacqli Ishikawa
 Posted: Jun 17 2011, 06:47 AM

Ravenclaw Third Year
137 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nozomi got another box of pocky from Angel. She opened it and began to eat. One could hear the crunchy sound made by those pocky sticks that was in her mouth. While eating, she looked at Angel, who put a pocky stick on the center in between its eyes and mouth. it loks like a snowman with a long nose and it was cute. She continued on munching when Angel asked her..

"Hai!.. okay!.. yay! common room then the Pocky!..." She said. oh.. Angel is the snowman cute with that long nose? She pointed out the face of the snowman they made.

(sorry i wasn't able to reply..so fast... busy with school work..biggrin.gif)

--------------------

user posted image
||♥My Profile♥||
PM
^
Angel Carriedo
 Posted: Jun 18 2011, 08:01 PM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
3825 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

She'd demolished half the box when Nozomi asked her another question, and this time it was related to the snowman they were building. "Of course it does. Gives a rather unusual touch to the snowman. Rather than giving it a carrot for a nose, what do you think?" she winked. and besides, wasting carrots on snowmen was a perfectly good waste of food.

"So, up for the Common Room tour?" she asked, taking out an extra blue-and-bronze scarf and tying it around the snowman's neck. "Don't worry, I've got a lot of scarves. My grandmum loves to make them for me," she ended, stepping back and taking a look at their masterpiece.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nozomi Jacqli Ishikawa
 Posted: Jun 19 2011, 05:32 AM

Ravenclaw Third Year
137 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nozomi smiled and nodded. The snowman was rather unique that the usual. And they would just waste food if they would just put a carrot for the snowman's nose..but wait a minute?.... Pocky is a food too right?.. oh never mind.

When Angel asked her if she was ready for another tour she replied "yes! yay! another tour! and this time it will be around her house's common room. She looked at the snowman as Angel put on her extra scarf around the neck of a snowman.

"the snowman's unique!.. what should we call it? The snow pocky?" She asked and smiled.

--------------------

user posted image
||♥My Profile♥||
PM
^
Angel Carriedo
 Posted: Jun 19 2011, 05:41 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
3825 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

She chuckled at Nozomi's comment. She was so going to love being her mentor. At least she had the same "eye for things" Angel here did!

"Couldn't have thought of a better name for him, myself," she grinned, looking at his blueberry-tipped nose. "Now, ready to go for that Common Room tour?" she asked, grinning as she took the first steps back up to the castle. She looked over her shoulder and waited for her to follow.

(( end rp, away we go to the Ravenclaw Common Room! ))

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nozomi Jacqli Ishikawa
 Posted: Jun 19 2011, 05:52 AM

Ravenclaw Third Year
137 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Yes!. She said and followed Angel as they went back into the castle. She just realized that they would go all the way to the tower where their common room was and that would be tiring maybe after some time it would be a routine for her but for now, she hopes she could keep up with Angel.

(end post? smile.gif )

--------------------

user posted image
||♥My Profile♥||
PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jun 28 2011, 07:48 AM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

(New RP - Tag Euphimia)

Celia had become restless. The summer vacation had been relaxing but she needed some occupation now. Classes were starting in few days and she was looking forward to it. Today was particularly hot and Celia couldn't stand the stuffiness of the air. Someone had mentioned the season gardens some days before and she decided it was time to check them out and maybe find some colder place.

So she packed extra clothes in her backpack and went to the winter garden. It was incredible. The snow liked like it had fallen overnight without any footprints in it. Celia walked and felt the snow crust break under her weight. She put her extra clothes on and did something she hadn't for a long time. She lay back on the ground and made wide circular movement with her arms and legs. She didn't get up immediately after but starred into the cloudless blue sky.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Euphemia Isherwood
 Posted: Jun 29 2011, 07:43 AM

Slytherin Sixth Year
710 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Euphimia didn't came home for summer. It's not actually her decision. She would just be bored back home and hogwarts got some interesting classes during the summer term. Her parents were also busy with their work. They rarely spend time with Euphimia. She was closer to her father. Her father usually take a day-off just to spent time with her. Her mother on the other hand, was completely different. Anyway, Euphimia wasn't her usual slyther~ish girl whenever her father's around. It was actually weird for her to be nice to others. Rather than staying inside the dungeons to read books Euphimia thought that it'll be better if she wander around on the school grounds. It's been a while since she did that.

Euphimia saw the winter garden that she hadn't been able to visit yet. She's already on her fourth year and she hadn't visited most places in hogwarts. Weird right? That's what she gets from being so claw~ish. She rarely act like a sly which is a bad thing.I should have brought my jacket! She thought as a light breeze passed her. She hugged herself so she would feel a bit warm.While walking to the winter garden, Euphimia saw someone lying on the ground. That someone look familiar. As for being the curious Euphimia, she walked towards the girl. I think I seen her somewhere.Oh yes! I met her in the claw pride stuff. "Hello Celia."She waved cheerfully.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to Alex for the set!
PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jun 29 2011, 07:58 AM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Hearing footsteps edge closer, Celia raised her head and shoulder and put her elbow behind her to lean back on them and look at the incoming person. The floor being covered by snow, her elbows sank into it and she was surprised to fell at the same height. Abandoning this strategy she simply sat up on the ground in time to see a Slytherin approaching. She was reassured when she recognised the older girl she spoke with at the Ravenclaw pride month. "Hi Euphimia, how have you been?"

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Euphemia Isherwood
 Posted: Jul 3 2011, 08:06 AM

Slytherin Sixth Year
710 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

" I felt odd like usual." She smiled and joined Celia. Not an average slytehrin, I can assure you. Most of them hates puffs but Euphimia was different. Even if she is in slytherin, her opinion wouldn't be changed just because of the house she was in. Her housemates probably would laugh at her once they knew what kind of slytherin Euphimia us. "How about you, Celia? Will you not visit your parents?" She looked on the ground.

(Sorry it took long. Rl stuff sad.gif )

This post has been edited by Euphemia Isherwood: Jul 3 2011, 08:06 AM

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to Alex for the set!
PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 3 2011, 11:08 PM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia smirked at Euphimia's answer, definitely not the typical Slytherin. When she returned her question, Celia stood up. She didn't like having to twist her neck to look up. She replied. "Looking forward for classes to begin.", at the parent question she avoided Euphimia's gaze and suddenly became absorbeb by brushing the snow off her coat as she evasively answered. "Nope."

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Jul 19 2011, 08:46 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

((Been a couple of weeks, now, New RP))

Bianca found the season gardens and as she strolled into the snow overflowing the path, she felt the cold wind strike her robes. This was much better than the summer heat, at least after a long day of classes. She laughed out loud as she let her body fall into the snow, waving her arms and legs to form a snow angel.

--------------------
PM
^
Lestatia Saphira LeGrande
 Posted: Jul 19 2011, 08:54 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia wandered around the grounds for a while, and eventually found herself in a garden. A rather strange garden. 'Snow?' She thought in amazement and puzzlement. She hadn't seen snow in forever. Not since she'd lived for a few months in New York. Really the only thing she'd remotely liked about the city was the snow, but it wasn't really as great there in the city as she'd always pictured it, because they'd lived in an apartment then, and so there wasn't like, anywhere she could really play in it.

With a feeling of excitement, she realized that this snow would be fun to play in, and she'd be seeing more of it when winter came. 'Snow!' She thought again, this time excitedly. She ran forward a bit, glad now that she was wearing jeans and a long sleeved shirt, plus her robes over that, and her boots. She scooped up a handful of snow and threw it up in the air, then laughed quietly as it fell down around her, grinning happily.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Jul 20 2011, 07:46 AM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Bianca thought she'd heard someone nearby. She raised her head and looked around, seeing another figure lying on the snow. She thought she heard a quiet laugh.

"Hum... Sorry?" she asked "Is someone there? Can you help me?"

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Jul 20 2011, 11:34 AM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia spun around, and saw a girl lying in the snow a little ways from her. She was behind the girl though, so she wasn't able to see her. If she was in the girl's line of vision, she probably would have been very noticeable because she was wearing all black, surrounded by all this snow. She smiled and walked over, where the girl could see her now. "Sure, what'cha need help with?" She asked curiously. She smiled when she recognized her classmate Bianca.

--------------------
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Jul 21 2011, 06:11 AM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

As the other person approached, Bianca recognised her from her camping class. Argh, if only she wasn't horrible to remember names.

"Oh hi" she said vaguely and then explained with a grin "I was doing a snow angel, and I need help to get up, so I don't ruin it with my handprint"

She extended her hand out to get a pull up from her "Would you mind?"

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Jul 21 2011, 12:32 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia listened as she explained what she needed help with. She laughed slightly and nodded. "Sure!" She said cheerfully, reaching out to grab her hand. Bianca's hand seemed really cold.. probably because she'd been playing in the snow. Lestatia pulled her up, smiling. "How do they get snow here?" She asked, looking around in confusion. "I mean.. it's summer!" She pointed out.

--------------------
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Jul 21 2011, 03:46 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Bianca grinned as she was helped up.
"I dunno" she said as she brushed the snow off her arse "I reckon it's something similar to the Great Hall's ceiling"

She stood proudly, admiring her figure in the snow.
"It's so difficult to make the perfect snow angel... Impossible if you're alone!" she smiled at Lestatia, glad that she seemed happier. "Thanks for your help. How's that nettle sting?"

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Jul 21 2011, 06:42 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia smiled at her. "You're welcome!" She said. She thought for a moment. "Oh, right. That ceiling is so cool!" She said, grinning. Then she asked about her wrist. "Oh.." She said, blushing slightly. "Well. It wasn't really a nettle sting." She explained. "I just.. I didn't want people knowing, but my wrist was sprained." She admitted. "But someone healed it with a spell, so it's good now." She said, smiling.

--------------------
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Jul 22 2011, 06:51 AM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"oh... ok then" she said shrugging "if it's good now, whatever, right?" she knew what it was like not to want to touch a subject, but it's weird how you feel it floating around if you just mention it.

"So, you wanna make a snow angel like mine?" she offered "I can help you up so it's perfect!"

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Jul 22 2011, 01:11 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia thought for a moment. "Nah.. wanna make a snowman?" She asked, a bit excitedly. She'd always wanted to make a snowman, but she'd never been able to before. In New Orleans, it like, never snows, and when she lived in New York for a short while, the snow had been kind of dirty and polluted, since they'd had to live right in the middle of NYC, of course. She hadn't had anywhere to play anyway, since they'd lived in an apartment. Oh how she had hated it there.

--------------------
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Jul 22 2011, 03:38 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Bianca looked excited for a second and then acted bored "Nah, snowman's are overrated" she said, waving her arm dismissively but after a second she showed her true excitement again"Let's make a snow-dragon! or a snow-mermaid or something else!"

She dropped to her knees and started gathering up snow "What do you think will look better?"

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Jul 22 2011, 03:53 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia felt disappointed when she didn't want to make a snowman. Then brightened up when she suggested making a snowdragon or snowmermaid. "Ooh! A snow dragon.. or a snow-spider?" She said, grinning. She watched Bianca for a moment, then got to her knees and started gathering snow up. "Do you know how?" She asked, biting her lip. She wasn't entirely sure how to make one since she'd never done it before, so she really hoped Bianca would know how to do it.

--------------------
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Jul 23 2011, 02:24 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"I have no idea" said Bee, never stopping gathering more snow "But that's the fun part!"
The pile of snow in front of her seemed to reach her shoulders as she was kneeling, but she continued.
"I think we should go for the dragon... eight legs might be too challenging" she concluded

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Jul 23 2011, 03:13 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia giggled a little. "Yeah, that's true." She said. Eight legs would be a bit difficult to make out of snow. She thought for a moment about how she'd seen people making snowmen on TV. She made a big snowball, resisting the urge to throw it at Bianca, then started rolling it in the snow to make it bigger. "I think this is how you do it." She said thoughtfully. "This can be the head." She smiled happily.

--------------------
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Jul 24 2011, 09:33 AM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Bianca nodded at the quaffle-sized snowball. "But we'll need something longer and way larger for the body! and also a long neck..." she opened her arms to show an approximate measure of these things, then remained thinking for a bit.
"we could do it sleeping" she proposed "so we don't have to raise its head. And we could complete it with a banner saying the school motto!" she laughed. She'd always thought "Never tickle a sleeping dragon" was an amazing phrase.

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Jul 24 2011, 04:24 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia nodded in thought as she talked about what they would need. She looked at her, a little puzzled. "What's the school motto?" She asked, curious. She hoped it wasn't too obvious that she was muggleborn, but it was hard to pretend when she pretty much didn't know anything about the magical world.

--------------------
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Jul 25 2011, 05:05 AM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Bianca laughed in good nature. "I thought Ravenclaws knew everything!" she said "It's Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus... that's Latin for something like Never tickle a sleeping dragon!"

She started moulding her big pile of snow into what she hoped resembled a dragon's body. At least in bulk shape, she felt she was achieving it.

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Jul 25 2011, 02:14 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia shrugged. "Not everything." She defended herself. She smiled a little. "I can't read latin. And I didn't know what that said, or that it was the school motto." She laughed quietly. She studied the shape on the ground. Being an artist was very helpful here. Setting her head-sized snow ball aside carefully, she got down on her knees by the bulk of snow that was becoming the dragon's body.

"We need to pack it together a bit more." She said, and started patting the snow to shape it better. She started on making the neck where it curled around like the dragon had tucked it down by it's...paws? After that she would start shaping the tail, where it too curled around.. "Oh should we try to make it wings, or make it like a serpentile type dragon without wings?" She asked suddenly, looking up.

--------------------
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Jul 25 2011, 03:29 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"I was just kidding" she told Lestatia when she started explaining what she didn't know "Don't take me seriously all the time, it's a waste of your time!" she said laughing.

Lestatia came to help her with the body and Bee nodded when she proposed patting it more compactly. She tried to do so the best she could, but clearly Lestatia seemed to be doing it better. Bianca followed as best as she could... crafts was never her speciality.

"If you think we could pull out wings, let's go for it!" said Bee enthusiastically "You really seem to have got a knack for this,...!" she tried to compliment her playmate but her brain failed to produce Lestatia's name for Bianca. She was terribly embarrassed and hoped the other girl hadn't notice.

"Maybe you can do that, and I'll do something simple, like the spiky scales along its back?" she proposed quickly, to cover that awkward pause that should have clearly been filled with her name.

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Jul 25 2011, 04:14 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia laughed quietly as she said she seemed good at it. She didn't seem to notice her pause, she was busy trying to pack the snow tighter so it wouldn't fall apart. She sat back and looked at it for a moment, trying to think of how they would form the wings. She tipped her head to the side, thinking.

"Yeah, I joke around a lot too." She added, even though it was a little after the comment about her not taking her seriously all the time. Oh well, she had an excuse, she was distracted by making a snow dragon. "Oh, I think I know how!" She said, smiling. Of course, the dragon's wings would be folded if it was sleeping, so she could just add a second layer of snow on in the shape of the wings... this reminded her a lot of people she'd seen on TV who did ice-sculpting.

She'd always thought that seemed really cool, but living in New Orleans, it was usually warm and balmly, or muggy. Except in the winter it did sometimes get cold, but there was never any snow. It was just biting winds and stuff. And the plants normally stayed green, so it wasn't like it was really ever going to be any snow or ice. Oh well, she had snow here. She smiled as she finished forming the body of the dragon, then she came around to the front of it where Bianca was, and started patting on more snow to make the wings.

--------------------
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Jul 25 2011, 09:12 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Bianca had let the body sculpturing for her more talented mate and took to making triangular-shaped scales along the dragon's spine.
"Of course you know" she said with a giggle "You're a Ravenclaw, that's what you do!"
"I've done plenty of snow-men" she said conversationally as she worked "Also a snow-unicorn, a snow-phoenix and a snow-giant squid, with my dad" she explained, proudly "But I figured something more dangerous would be more your style" she confessed, eyeing Lestatia's boots.

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Jul 25 2011, 09:45 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia looked back at her as she talked about the different stuff she had made out of snow. "Wow, that's cool." She said, wishing her dad had time to do stuff with her. She giggled slightly when she commented that she thought she'd like to make something more dangerous. "Thanks." She said with a grin. "You guessed right!"

--------------------
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Jul 25 2011, 10:17 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Bianca laughed when Lestatia thanked her. She was quite a peculiar character, this one, and Bee was enjoying her company. She wondered about all the things the ravenclaw girl had left unsaid, maybe one day she'd share them with her. She decided to continue talking about her, maybe that'd encourage Lestatia to open up as well.

"My dad's cool like that" she said, still laughing a bit "It's all his ideas (he was a Ravenclaw, that's how I know), I think I get my bizarreness out of his side of the family, anyway." she smiled "My mum's got more of a protocol-like approach to life... you know, knitting and etiquette lessons" she made a gagging mimic as she finished saying this.

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Jul 25 2011, 10:26 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia smiled sadly as she talked about her family. "That's cool." She said quietly. She didn't want to talk about her family. Her dad never had time for her, and her mom died when she was a baby. She was an only child, and she pretty much grew up with baby sitters and stuff. She sighed softly and went to get the big snow ball, arranging it in place for the head. She patted some snow into place around it to secure it, then started working on the finer details, making the face and such.

--------------------
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Jul 25 2011, 10:39 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Bianca could admit her defeat clearly. This girl was definitely quiet! She wondered what might set her talking.
She took a moment to see what Lestatia was doing in the dragon's face, still not having finished with the scales herself, and then she had another idea.
"So are you just discovering this amazingly artsy side of you know, or had just been keeping it a secret from me?" she said, teasingly. It was really a great work what Les was doing, even though she'd said she didn't know how to do it...

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Jul 25 2011, 11:07 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia laughed quietly. "I love drawing, but I've never played in the snow before." She said, shrugging. "Doing the artwork is easy, but I didn't know how to make a snowman or anything." She smiled a little. "But then after seeing you start on it, I kinda figured it out." She said.

--------------------
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (7) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ