View All Announcements

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Herb And Plant Greenhouse, Greenhouse # 6
Faye Jenay Unterage
 Posted: Aug 23 2011, 12:40 PM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
413 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

It hadn't occured yet to F.J. that this girl was taller than her. At a mere 4' 8", She was shorter than most everyone. So what classes are you taking this year? She said and signed.

--------------------
PM
^
Jaelexus Bryant
 Posted: Aug 24 2011, 09:07 AM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
395 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

She smiled to her and read her lips and saw her sign and she loved coming up with new signs (i let your imagination take over), "I have basic runes, basic charms, hogwarts history, and basic dragon I... i am only taking four because it's hard enough i can't hear everything... so I have to work super hard..." She frowned because she was so lazy. She would rather swim or have fun then study and be in class.

This post has been edited by Jaelexus Bryant: Aug 24 2011, 09:13 AM
PMEmailYIM
^
Faye Jenay Unterage
 Posted: Aug 24 2011, 06:28 PM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
413 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

I'm taking Properties of Wands, Intermediate DADA, Advanced Dark Creatures, Basic Potions B, Inventing Potions, and Flying I A. But my sister's taking dragons! F.J. said and signed. She's a first year Puff.

--------------------
PM
^
Jaelexus Bryant
 Posted: Aug 30 2011, 08:19 AM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
395 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

((sorry for the late reply been super busy, college is kicking my booty))

Jae smiled to her and it was a lot to take in, she didn't even know that there where classes like those she read that her sister is in puff also and she smiled. "My sister was in our house too but she is seventeen and owns a shop in D-I-A-G-O-N A-L-L-E-Y"
PMEmailYIM
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Sep 22 2011, 06:55 AM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

[New RP, it's been a while]

Bianca was just out her Herbology lesson and stopped by the door of a greenhouse to look for her class schedule. She was carrying some books in her hand, and rested them on the floor while she searched her book bag.

--------------------
PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Sep 23 2011, 05:54 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

There was quite a jam at the greenhouse doors when the whole class aimed to get out after the lesson. Nicolas raised on his toes to see why it went so slowly and noticed a Puff girl who had stopped to read some paper slip, just by the door. Sure thing, a Puff again! When Nicolas reached the door the girl was still looking at the paper, her books placed on the floor in front of her. "Do you have any problem?" he asked.

--------------------
user posted image

Le soleil se lève! This gorgeous sig was created by Bianca Blakely
{profile}{callboard-shipper}
PMEmail
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Sep 23 2011, 11:56 AM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

As she'd finally found the schedule, Bianca was shoving nonchalantly all her other parchments (probably just class notes) into the book bag again.
She looked up when someone seemed to address her. It was a boy she'd seen in her Herbology class. She smiled "Not really, I was just trying to see where I'm supposed to go next and when" she said, as she kicked her books aside, so people wouldn't be stopped by her... even though she was standing by a different greenhouse.
They spread open in the grass and she cursed under her breath, sticking the schedule in her pocket and trying to collect all the books.

--------------------
PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Sep 26 2011, 02:14 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas smirked smugly when the girl cursed angrily after her books she had kicked aside spread open on the grass. That's life at it's best! "But that's no reason to kick your books..." He bended down to help her collecting the books, and then, handing her the books he asked, "So, where are you supposed to go next?"

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Sep 26 2011, 05:55 AM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"Ah... thanks" she said as the boy helped out with the books. She packed them up in her book bag and it felt like bursting. "Seems like I'm off until lunch anyway, then I have a duelling class" She looked at a pocket watch to check the time. Only eleven o'clock. She had about an hour's time to kill...

--------------------
PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Sep 27 2011, 08:47 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Lunch! Nicolas was in a growing phase and almost always hungry. Only the word made his stomach active and drew illusions of good smelling pizza in his mind. Moaaaw Nicolas' tummy answered instead of him and Nicolas grinned apologetically. "I hope they'll have some good pizza today." Actually the autumn sun was shining outside, and Nico's mood cleared up. He had planned to run to the common room to finish his homework for this afternoon, but what about improving this plan. "I still have to finish some homework aaaand ..." He focused a picnic table nearby in a corner of the gardens, well sheltered from the wind. Nicolas nodded towards the table and suggested "That place looks really inviting. If you like, you can come to sit with me. By the way, I'm Nicolas"

This post has been edited by Nicolas Vinci: Sep 27 2011, 08:48 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Sep 27 2011, 03:34 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Bee was a bit startled by the boy's stomach ringing but she only chuckled a bit with her hand over her mouth. She was about to rant on how the pizza around here was never really good compared to real Italian pizza, when he invited her to sit with him. She'd had a first impression that she hadn't make a good first impression, but well, she was trying to be less judgemental.
"Sure" she said, finally, heading to the spot he'd pointed out. It did look really nice "I'm Bianca"
She sat there letting her book bag sit beside her and looked up at the open sky. It was kind of unfair that they'd have to spend all the day in classes with such beautiful days. But at least homework could be done outside.
"So, homework from what class do you need to do?" she said turning to eye the books on his hands. He seemed a bit older than her, so his homework would probably be more interesting than hers...

--------------------
PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Sep 28 2011, 09:34 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas headed to the picnic table. After sitting down he pulled out his Theory of Magic textbook and a piece of parchment. "It's for theory of magic. We got our first assignment and we have to hand it in the next lesson. Look here, it doesn't seem too difficult but it has to be done anyway." He smoothed down the parchment on the table and started to read.

Theory of Magic
Assignment # 1

1. What is Charms?

2. What does the Fidelius charm do?

3. Spells related to the Dark Arts are often called _________.

4. True or False: The intention of the caster is what actually makes the difference in casting a Dark Magic spell.

5. What is Herbology?

6. What is Arithmancy?

7. What was the name of the person that discovered the magical properties of the number 7?

8. True or False: Charms are oftened referred to as a "catch-all" for spells.

9. Other forms of Dark spells are _______ and _______.

10. Magic that tampers with ________ _______, is considered Dark Magic.

Nicolas dipped his quill into the ink and with a grimace he laughed "All theory is gray. Do you also have some homework to do, Bianca?" The girl seemed to be younger than him, but obviously no firstie any more. And doing homework was much more fun when you didn't have to sit on your own. Nicolas though again about pizza - oh, he would spend a kingdom for a real pizza from his grandma now...

This post has been edited by Nicolas Vinci: Sep 28 2011, 09:38 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Sep 28 2011, 03:49 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Bee eyed over Nicolas's long parchment of homework "That looks... comprehensive" she said, unable to find a better word and making a grimace "Theory of Magic..." she read out, appreciatively and noting in her mind she probably wouldn't take that class. Ever.
She nodded then at his question.
"I have a little basic charms homework to do" she said, showing him her little scroll "I'll be done in a basilisk's blink"
The little parchment read in Bianca's neatest handwriting possible:
Homework for Lesson One:

1) List one thing you know about charms, and one thing you want to learn from this class.

2) What is the URL to the class website?

3) What is the difference between spells, charms, jinxes, hexes and curses?

She was sitting in front of him and had to kneel on the bench and rest her elbows across the table to re-read some of his questions. "There are some similarities, I think" she realised, pointing at his questions about Charms and curses.

--------------------
PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Sep 29 2011, 08:33 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"Yes, theory of magic," Nicolas repeated with an undertone telling that he understood what Bianca wanted to say, "that's like sugar for my older sister, and for me the easiest way to get through it by swimming in her wake. -- But this first assignment doesn't look that bad - yes, we do really have some common questions" he said looking at Bee's scroll with a long neck. He browsed his textbook "See here, this paragraph covers the first question." He started to read aloud "Charms are a type of enchantment that causes an object to behave in a way that isn't normal for that object. Charms is also something.....

I think we can write this under top one."
Nico's quill scratched over the parchment. The fidelius charm was treated in the following paragraph of his book, and so the work went on quickly. Nicolas looked up and took a deep breath of good smelling indian summer breeze and the sunlight tickled his nose tip. "Say, Bianca, where do you come from? You don't look that English either..."

This post has been edited by Nicolas Vinci: Sep 29 2011, 08:35 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Sep 29 2011, 09:50 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Bee'd wasn't sure what Nicolas meant with his comment on his sister and she'd been scribbling away on her parchment, getting some ideas from what he'd shared when Nicolas asked about her whereabouts. She looked up right at him, perhaps noticing his features for the first time. Yeah, he probably wasn't from around here either, that's why he'd noticed. No one else had ever asked that to her... she began suspecting he shared her latin roots.
"I'm only half English, actually" she said, with a smile, still looking at him "I was born in Napoli, Naples, my mother is Italian"
She put her quill down and turned to look at him with much more interest "What gave me away?"

--------------------
PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Oct 4 2011, 09:34 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

((Sorry for late post!))

Nicolas smiled mysteriously. "Could be some familiar vibe - my father is Italian. But I grew up mostly in France, to be exact, in Nice." It was always interesting to meet other students sharing his latin roots. Nicolas felt relaxed immediately. Homework was almost done, and he was browsing the book for the last question. "So, you are from Napoli. I'm not sure if I have ever been there. My Italian grandparents live in Firenze, and usually when we travel to Italy, we go there. But Napoli, it's so famous, for the sea, for the mafia, and first of all for the pizza and pasta." Wow, this turned out to be perhaps even interesting. Who knew which kind of family she was coming from. Nicolas found the last answer to his homework and after scribbling it down on his parchment he put his work aside. Looking at Bee he reflected it had actually been something in her latin note of her appearance which made him start to chat with her even she was a Puff and standing in his way. Coincidences happen. "Do you also have any siblings studying here? My sister is one year older. Sometimes that's really useful, when I need help with classes. But sometimes it's good we are in different houses..."

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Oct 4 2011, 08:39 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Bee smiled, she'd yet to meet someone from Italy outside her mother's family but this was as close as she'd got. "Is he?" she said about his dad "What's your surname? My mum's a bit of a socialite, so if there's one to know Italian wizarding families, that's her. We're Monterubianecci"

((ooc: They're a long line of purebloods and supposedly renowned for their magical jewellery, so you can pretend to have heard of them. I'll do the same for your family if you think it could be possible? and don't worry about delays tongue.gif ))

She nodded as he talked about Napoli. "It's a gorgeous place. I've never been to Firenze, the closest I've been is Parma I think" she said speculating in her mind. She chuckled when he mentioned the pizza again. "I wasn't going to say it when you first mentioned it, but pizza here is never good! That thing they put to pass for pizza cannot be compared to mine!" she said, heatedly "And pizza's not even my speciality!" she nodded, vehemently and giggled a bit. She knew some people could take bad her enthusiasm, so she made it clear she wasn't being too serious about it, even though what she said was true.
She clearly changed her mood when asked about siblings "I... I don't have any brothers or sisters..." she said and looked back at her parchment, finishing her homework in a split second.

--------------------
PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Oct 5 2011, 10:48 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas nodded making a grimace "Yes, the pizza here is a joke, but better than nothing! But what's your speciality?" Did this mean he had the chance to taste some home food here in the cold north?... Still over half an hour until lunch time.

Asking about siblings seemed to be a sad question to Bee. Nicolas didn't want to persist about this topic. So better to talk about their families. "Monterubianecci..." Nico let the name melt on his tongue. He wasn't really ready to shout from the housetops that his father being a muggle. "I think I have heard about your family - something about jewellery, if I remember correctly? My surname is Vinci. A famous name" Nicolas winked with his eye "but I don't know if the great Leonardo was my ancestor. We don't have a long track of my father's family tree. Probably my mother's family roots are better known in the wizard community. Her father was from the French Lacroix family and her mother from the German house von Falkenberg."

((OOC: The Lacroix family is residing in the provence, being famous for trade. The gloomy medieval Falkenberg castle is situated somewhere in Germany and the old wizarding dynasty is pulling the strings from the background.))

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Oct 6 2011, 05:23 AM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Bianca looked back up when she was safely assured the 'Sisters' topic had ended.
She smiled and nodded when he mentioned jewellery and moved back her long black hair to show him her earrings. It was one of the few things she liked about her Mother's family.
She then looked up thinking about those family names he'd mentioned.
"Well, I'm not very good with names" she started apologetically "But I might have heard the Lacroix family as a trading company? And I'm sure my grandpappa Luca mentioned travelling to Germany and visiting that Falkenberg's estate..." she ventured and thought hard some more, to pin-point the other family name. She knew how important this was for purebloods, having been raised by some of them, and since Nicolas was a Slytherin she just immediately assumed he was one... perhaps not a very smart choice, but for the sake of not insulting him, she decided a little white lie was in order "I'm sure I've heard of some Vinci mentioned in my Mother's circles, too"

She laughed whem she noticed how eager for real food he seemed "I'm not a great chef, but my Lasagna is pretty kick-arse"

This post has been edited by Bianca Blakely: Oct 6 2011, 05:28 AM

--------------------
PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Oct 11 2011, 01:50 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas gave an appreciative whistle when Bee showed him her earrings. After all he didn't feel at all like talking with a Puff. This girl would have made a pretty good Slytherin - but sure, for some reason the hat had sorted her into Hufflepuff. He nodded, "Right, my grandpa's family was running an estate in southern France for centuries. Additionally they got involved in trade, and my grandpa was really a master to use legilimency to swing good deals. Yes, the company seemed to become quite famous at least in the mediterranean area." Nicolas smiled thinking about his grandpa. He had been very close to the family. Hearing that Bee's grandpappa has been visiting the Falkenberg castle, he was really astonished "Your grandpappa Luca must be a very important person, or a personal friend. Usually the Falkenbergs prefer to stay in the background and acting via dummies they have placed in the ministery and where ever they need to wield influence. What did your grandpappa do for profession?"

Nicolas avoided to deepen the talk about his father's family. He only nodded with a smile when Bee mentioned she had heard about the name. The next idea Bee mentioned was much more interesting lasagna - only the thought made Nicolas getting the marvelous scent in his nose, with fresh oregano and thyme in it, black olives, roasted pine nuts, and the taste of tomatoes regaled by the sun, ... He glanced at Bee with shiny eyes, almost like she had charmed him.

This post has been edited by Nicolas Vinci: Oct 11 2011, 01:54 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Oct 11 2011, 08:47 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

She nodded about her nonno. "Well, he's been a little here and a little there" she said snickering a bit "Making the most money out of everything really" she shrugged. It wasn't her style at all, she'd never been comfortable in those places, maybe that's the only reason why she wasn't a Slytherin now.
She saw Nicolas staring at her a bit strangely now and scratched the back of her neck a bit uncomfortably. Had she said something wrong? Maybe he'd seen right through her lie... She hastily went back to her parchments, as they'd dried up, putting them away.

--------------------
PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Oct 12 2011, 07:12 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas found back to reality when the rustling sound of Bee's parchments reached his ears. His eyes refocused her and he smiled a bit apologetically "Sounds good .... uh, I mean lasagna." Nicolas also seemed a little amused about the way Bee told about her nonno's business "May be it sounds a bit trashy to you, but that is actually what makes a successful businessman, making most money out of everything." ... and leave away only one word: "making most out of everything" makes a Slytherin.

Nicolas inhaled the smooth October breeze and twinkled in the sunlight. "What about Lunch? Should we slowly walk up to the castle?"

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Oct 12 2011, 07:48 AM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

She looked back up and smiled seeing he seemed back to normal.
He mentioned lunch and she nodded, looking at her little pocket watch. "We'd be early" she commented but she didn't really seemed to care "But's always good to get there with extra time so we attack the best dishes first!" she finished enthusiastically.
She collected her things in her bag and pondered aloud something she'd noticed "I was wondering about houses the other day, you know, how everyone has a set stereotype of them all... do you think it's like that?"

--------------------
PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Oct 14 2011, 09:05 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas collected his things into his bag stood up from the bench, ready to walk with Bianca up to the castle. He raised his eyebrows, when Bee told about her ponderings about the house stereotypes. After a short moment he answered still in his thoughts "The 'house qualities' are stereotypes, but the students aren't." Oh, this could become theoretical, going deeper into psychology than Nicolas knew in his young age. "Somehow," he continued while walking next to Bianca, from time to time having eye contact with her "the four houses are like a characterization system - like for example the four tempers of the greek: Choleric, sanguinic, melancholic and phlegmatic. It's a kind of four dimensional projection method of human characters. But we students are all individuals with characteristics from all four houses. The sorting hat puts us there where he thinks we have our strongest traits."

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Oct 14 2011, 09:56 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Bee walked with Nico amazed at how much he seemed to know and nodding when she thought she was following. Phlegmatic sounded yucky.
"I know what you mean" she said and added "Though I think it also has to do with something you need to improve, maybe."
She gave it a moment consideration before confessing "I never expected being a Hufflepuff, but when I found myself there, I realised I'd be exercising a side of me I rarely do, and that's good. I think I could have fitted any house, really" she smiled as they walked in the shade of some trees by the greenhouses and to the castle. "Did you ever feel like that?" she loved those conversations that were more than just classes and family history. She liked seeing what other people thought about everything, really...

--------------------
PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Oct 17 2011, 08:19 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nico had a feeling like he could quite well understand what Bee meant. Walking over the lawns in the shade of some trees near the greenhouses, which were hanging full of strang looking fruit, he remembered his first weeks a Hogwarts. "Actually it was quite a surprise I went to Slytherin. My sister was totally shocked. In the other houses there are quite bad opinions about Slytherins and she was concerned about my safety. I feel that to some extent the sorting is a self fulfilling prophecy. You are pushed to develop according to the ideals of your house. But if you take the so called house traits, the stereotypes, it's not really about good and evil. You can drive every trait into good or evil. It's like you say, you are exercising certain traits of yourself, and for some students like you, and perhaps even me it can mean to exercise previously hidden traits."
Nicolas smiled. He had always been the sunny boy in his family. Slytherin had pushed him forward to use his qualities better than any other house could do.

((OOC: I planned Nicolas to be a social boy, so no wonder being in Slytherin he developed some of the qualities we find in the HP series with Horace Slughorn. wink.gif ))

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Oct 19 2011, 05:55 AM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Bee continued nodding, following Nico's train of thought some more.
"I think I wouldn't have mind being in Slytherin, though I'd definitely be acting somewhat different" she commented and then was unwillingly directed to the topic she'd consciously been meaning to avoid "You sound really close to your sister" she added "Are you good friends?" the castle was drawing nearer and she supposed they'd have to cut the conversation for lunch, but she didn't really want to... maybe they could go to the kitchens instead?

--------------------
PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Oct 21 2011, 04:21 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas smirked "A fool who'd mind to be in Slytherin. Slytherin is really the best and coolest house ever." Ups, Nicolas didn't actually plan to hurt Bianca's feelings. "... But may be not for everyone in the same way. For other students the qualities of the other houses might be more favourable - like you, ...or Joanna." Nicolas had a feeling Bianca didn't like so much talking about siblings, but he didn't still really understand what she was burying in her heart. "Good friends?" he repeated Bianca's question, "sometimes yes, sometimes no. You can't choose your siblings, that's the problem, but you are very close in some way. ... She's ok, but can be a nuisance." The castle was drawing nearer and a delicious smell was dwelling up from the kitchens. Nicolas' stomach immediately got active again guessing that its time was to come now. But it was a pity to cut the conversation...

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Oct 23 2011, 01:34 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Bee couldn't help but smile at Nicolas's description of his sister. He really seemed to care about her. Her thoughts wandered off to think about how her sister would be like now. Maybe she'd be like that, trying to help Bianca like Joanna tried to help Nico...
She let out a deep sigh "You're lucky to have someone like that" she said honestly as they reached the castle door.
Bee now was hungry as well, and laughed as Nico's stomach churned again. She didn't feel like sitting in the awfully cheerful Puff table now, though, she wanted to have some time to think... Maybe he'd join her? She remembered he'd been interested in the italian food so she decided to make him an offer.
"Hey, how about we go to the kitchens instead?" she proposed with a smile "We can keep chatting and even though I have no time to make a lasagna now, we can do some pizza and I've seen some fine pepperoni standing unused in the pantries..." she waited for his reply expectantly.

--------------------
PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Oct 24 2011, 01:58 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Bianca let out a deep sigh "You're lucky to have someone like that" Nico smirked with a little nod. It was a bit difficult to admit, but he really cared for his sister. And Bianca - her deep sigh spoke volumes - like she had lost a dear person, may be a brother or sister. Probably it was better to discreetly avoid this topic. Nicolas opened the castle door, and after they had entered the entrance hall, Bianca suggested to go directly to the kitchens and do some pizza themselves. Nico's mouth formed a big smile and with laughing eyes he agreed "If I was a dog, you could see the saliva running down from my lips. Let's do that."

Taking the stairs down to the dungeons they approached to the kitchen store rooms. LINKY

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Bianca Blakely
 Posted: Oct 24 2011, 08:01 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
2268 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Bee giggled at Nico's over excited response. He seemed to have just been invited to paradise or something. She hurried behind him, glad that she'd found yet another person outside her house she enjoyed hanging out with.

[End RP]

This post has been edited by Bianca Blakely: Oct 24 2011, 08:02 PM

--------------------
PM
^
Jesse Sellers
 Posted: Nov 1 2011, 07:24 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
208 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Jesse certainly didn’t have a strange affinity plants, so he wasn’t sure why he was in the greenhouses today. Usually, he only really visited a place when he liked it, or when he was really bored. He supposed it was the latter that brought him out to the conservatory. Since he had no classes, he was running out of interesting and fun things to do; hence the need to resort to looking at plants. Jesse walked about the stuffy dirt-smelling greenhouse, fingering leaves here and there; glad that these plants were not the monstrous types. As he paced around the room, Jesse thought about a few things that had been bothering him recently. At least the greenhouse was good for something.

[tag;; Emily Carolina]

--------------------
user posted image
|Wonderful set made by Alex!|
Jesse's Plot|call-board
PMYIM
^
Emily Carolina
 Posted: Nov 1 2011, 09:30 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
556 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Emily was still freaked out about the mid-term exam that's one day away. she never thought that she had done enough studying. she had planned to go to the greenhouse today since it would make her easier to learn instead of spending her time reading her textbook and notes.

She made her way to the greenhouse with her bag filled with various herbology books. it seemed like she had a big interest to this class, though, putting aside her mid-term exam. walking inside, she was amazed by how interesting this greenhouse was. there were a lot of plants and she still couldn't name most of them. she observed the plants one by one to see if she could find the plant that she could recognize. but then something distracted her. from the corner of her eyes, she could see a figure walking around the room. she first thought it was a ghost until she actually followed him and was sure that she couldn't see through him. she followed him silently before she bumped to one of the hanging pot and made sort of loud noise. "Merlin's beard!" she exclaimed in surprise.

--------------------
user posted image
awesome set by Vera Kwon || my owl Chippy user posted image
PM
^
Jesse Sellers
 Posted: Nov 7 2011, 07:31 AM

Gryffindor Second Year
208 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

((Sorry for the wait, was on vacation and had limited computer access.))

Jesse had been wandering around, musing over his thoughts, not really paying attention to the greenhouse around him. So when he heard a loud noise and a girl’s voice shouting, it was quite a shock to him. Jesse started and spun around to face any danger that might have occurred. He saw a girl standing near a swinging hanging pot, and so he assumed she had rammed into it. She seemed to be as surprised as he was, and so he suspected she had been sneaking about the room. Jesse narrowed his eyes at her in suspicion, then shrugged. If she had been following him, what did it matter? “Might want to watch where you’re going.” He smiled, indicating that if she had followed him, he knew she meant no harm. “My name’s Jesse.”

--------------------
user posted image
Jesse's Plot|call-board
PMYIM
^
Emily Carolina
 Posted: Nov 9 2011, 07:34 AM

Gryffindor Third Year
556 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Emily quickly rubbed her forehead just to make sure she's all fine. the boy had noticed her presence now and was looking toward her. his eyes showed the awareness of danger but then turned into soft and friendly. being caught like that, Emily could only make some strange and stupid gesture like fixing the pots nearby or running her finger through her hair. that was embarrassing! she thought.

thankfully the boy started to smile at her. "I was.. distracted." she tried to make some an excuse so she wouldn't seem like following him but obviously, she had been spotted from the first place. "so yeah.. ahem.. I'm Emily. first year, gryffindor." she introduced herself back. Emily walked to the boy and hold out her hand for a shake. she decided to do that because she was sure that the boy wasn't a slytherin. yeah, he's too friendly to be a slytherin.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jesse Sellers
 Posted: Nov 11 2011, 07:27 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
208 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Jesse realized that the girl must have whacked her head against the pot, the way she was rubbing it and all. He hoped she wasn’t really hurt. It appeared, though, that she was just fine. “We all get distracted, but most of us don’t run into pots.” He grinned at her, to show he was only teasing. “Nice to meet you, Emily. I’m the same, Gryffindor first year.” As she came up to him and offered her hand, he grasped it firmly and shook. “So, why are you out in the greenhouse?” It wasn’t really interesting conversation, but eh, it was conversation all the same.

--------------------
user posted image
Jesse's Plot|call-board
PMYIM
^
Emily Carolina
 Posted: Nov 12 2011, 07:44 AM

Gryffindor Third Year
556 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Emily's face colored when the boy teased her about running into pots. it's already in her blood that her face's color often changed out of nothing. she crossed her arm as he grinned teasingly to her. but she decided not to reply to it and answer his next question instead. "I want to make myself feel comfortable since the herbology mid-term is getting closer. besides, I feel more connected to the subject since I'm surrounded by all kinds of plants around here." she blabbered. no sign of shy Emily coming up and that was pretty relieving for her.

feeling a bit pain on her back, she realized that she's still carrying her bag on her back. she took it off and put it on the ground with a thump, showing how heavy it was. she turned back to the boy in front of her and asked the question back. "how about you? I saw you walking around without touching any plants. let me see.. are you thinking about something?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Fern Martin
 Posted: Nov 13 2011, 01:50 AM

Gryffindor Fifth Year
492 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"Any Mandrakes in here?"

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Jesse Sellers
 Posted: Nov 17 2011, 10:36 AM

Gryffindor Second Year
208 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Jesse nodded at her answer. It sounded reasonable enough. He wouldn’t know, though, since he wasn’t in herbology at the time. But he was sure, when he took tests in the subject, that he would be spending much time in these greenhouses. Jesse watched as she slung her bookbag off onto the ground. He winced at the thump it made. I really hope I won’t have to lug a thing like that around. Emily then returned his question, with some added commentary, and he quickly made a shocked face. “Amazing! Your powers of perception are frightening!” He then smiled and continued, “Nah, but you’re right, just thinking. Wanna take a guess, since you’re so psychic?” Jesse quirked another grin.

--------------------
user posted image
Jesse's Plot|call-board
PMYIM
^
Emily Carolina
 Posted: Nov 21 2011, 08:21 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
556 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Emily chuckled at Jesse's reply. turned out the guy in front of her had a good sense of humor, which is good for her. "that's just a lucky guess." she winked at him then continued, "but let's just give it a shot.. I'll gaze into your mind.." she said. she made a serious expression while looking into his eyes, pretending like she was reading -or seeing- something. "I see.. food.. lots of it.. and hot milk, hmm..". the moment she finished saying it, her stomach made a little protest. she was obviously saying her thoughts out loud instead reading Jesse's. it's almost lunch time and that made her hungry.

This post has been edited by Emily Carolina: Nov 28 2011, 08:07 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jesse Sellers
 Posted: Nov 25 2011, 09:36 AM

Gryffindor Second Year
208 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Jesse grinned as Emily played along with his game and ‘gazed’ into his thoughts. At her words, he gave a little laugh, and laughed more when her stomach rumbled. “Spot on!” And, she was right, to a degree. He always thought about food, in the back of his mind, so it was definitely a good bet with him. Hot milk though.. well that sounded wonderful, and now he was thinking about it. “Hmm, I really am hungry now. You know where we can get some grub around here?” Well, yeah, of course he knew, the Great Hall, duh. But he was still playing his little game. “You think any of these plants are edible?” He highly doubted that. Most of them were magical, and he’d wager all his Galleons (not that many, really) that they were very poisonous. But she was more of an expert with these plants than he was; or she was at least taking a herbology class. And besides, he was hungry, and very lazy; he didn’t feel like walking up to the castle for lunch. Then he remembered something. “Oh right! I’ve got some food left over from my package this morning.” His nanny, or caretaker, as he preferred to call her - it was more adult-like - had sent an owl bearing both a message and a lot of snacks. He had put the majority of it back in his dorm room, but was carrying some crackers in his pocket at the moment. Jesse pulled them out, opened the baggie, and offered some to Emily. Manners, right?

--------------------
user posted image
Jesse's Plot|call-board
PMYIM
^
Emily Carolina
 Posted: Dec 1 2011, 08:49 AM

Gryffindor Third Year
556 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

((really sorry for the late reply, RL has been hectic))

Emily laughed as soon as Jesse said spot on!. that was kind of embarrassing actually but this time she didn't really care about it. her stomach was just telling the truth. then, she heard him saying that he was hungry and asked if the plants in the greenhouse were edible. she looked around before answering, "I don't see any mandrake or devil snare around here, so the answer is no." she sniggered at her own answer.

Jesse then mentioned that he had a food leftover and took out a pack of cracker to Emily. crackers? for lunch? are you kidding? no, she didn't say it loud, that would sound really rude. it's just a thought, really. instead, she said this, "I wouldn't eat that here if I were you. don't you think the plants here wanted to have some too?" she paused for an effect and continued, "I know you wanted to grab some food from the great hall. if you're too lazy to do that, let me help.". right after finished saying this, Emily took her bag and slung it on her shoulder. then, she grab Jesse's free hand and started to drag him, hoping that he would move.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jesse Sellers
 Posted: Dec 1 2011, 08:05 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
208 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Jesse listened to Emily’s answer to his edible plants question and wasn’t really sure if she was joking or not. Weren’t mandrakes like some sort of squealing plant? Those couldn’t be edible, right? And devil’s snare, well, that really sounded evil. And at his crackers offer, he could tell Emily wasn’t all too thrilled with the idea. So when she voiced his thoughts, he began to think that perhaps she really was a psychic. “Well-” he began, about to protest that he wasn’t really lazy, but just.. well, it was a good thing she grabbed him when she did. He didn’t have much of an argument against his obvious laziness. As he felt himself being pulled off to the great hall, he stuffed the crackers away; they didn’t sound too appealing now that they would eat real food. Jesse kept up with Emily’s pace, not wanting her to rip his arm off.

((So I guess just post in the great hall next! <- the link’s there.))

--------------------
user posted image
Jesse's Plot|call-board
PMYIM
^
Marshie Padua
 Posted: Jan 3 2012, 07:37 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
726 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Marshie as a new member of the Junior Healers, decided to go to the greenhouse to gather some ingredients she needed for her potion. It's a requirement for them to learn to brew some potions that can help medically. Glad thing that Professor Shukurova said that anytime they can gather ingredients needed for making potions. She came to find some Lavender and Valerian sprigs. She entered the greenhouse and was awed to see a lot plants Some are familiar but most were her first time seeing them. She explored the rest of the greenhouse. Such amazing plants but she was too scared to touch them because some of are considered deadly or harmful.

Suddenly she remembered why she went there. The first on her list was the Lavender. She pictured it on her mind, it looks like a wheat but shorter. Then it has a purplish color and has a calming fragrance. She looked around the greenhouse. It was hard to find because there are lot of plants and some of them have the same colors. When she finally found the lavender that she's looking for, she took out her pair of dragon hide gloves. It was for precaution. She took out a cutter from her bag and gathered enough lavender needed for her potions. She placed it in a plastic bag.

After the lavender, she proceeded to find the Valerian plant. She already knew what it looks like. She have seen it before. She walked around looking for a white in color plant. When she finally spotted one, with the gloves still in her hands, she took out again the cutter and gathered enough valerian sprigs. She placed it in another plastic bag. Now she's all done with the gathering in the greenhouse. She removed her gloves and placed it again inside her gathering bag. She left the greenhouse and went back to her dormitory.

--------------------
user posted image
Awesome sig by MARGARET P. // Slythoween '11 (by Nearra) // Slytherin Pride (by Nei)

user posted image
Wicked banner by ZELDA!
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Anna Grant
 Posted: Feb 17 2012, 11:37 AM

Slytherin Third Year
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

(New RP)

From outside, this greenhouse seemed rather normal, and Anna decided to take a look. Once inside, she realized that the only not normal thing was a case of earmuffs on the floor by the entrance. Guessing they might be the enchanted ones she heard about in herbology class, the girl grabbed a pair, just in case, and headed in. Then she started to blink in surprise. It seemed that this greenouse was full of your everyday plants. Going to the nearest row, the girl leaned over, trying to identify some of them.

(Tag: Amber Oakley)

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Katheryne Henley - thank you! Shipper! Callboard! friends by me
PMEmailYIM
^
Amber Oakley
 Posted: Feb 20 2012, 06:19 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
634 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

((Sorry for the delay!))

Amber had received an owl from Anna asking to meet down at the greenhouses. She was so excited she grabbed her satchel and dragonhide gloves, and nearly sprinted down to meet her. She had to go down there anyways to get a few samples for some potions, and hoped that one of the Professors would allow her to do so.

"Hey Anna!" she said coming up on her friend. "What are you looking at? There's so much in here!" In awe, she took a quick walk around the greenhouse to see if she knew anything.

--------------------
user posted image
Props for signature to Eirlys
PM
^
Anna Grant
 Posted: Feb 20 2012, 10:50 PM

Slytherin Third Year
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"I know," Anna sighed. "I just haven't been here before, and thought it a good time I did." Looking at Amber, she grabbed another pair of enchanted earmuffs, and tossed them to her friend. "Here, catch. Apparently, there's Mandrakes around."

Pausing, she looked around, then found a lot with familiar plants. "So that's where the vegetables come from. Look, they have just about everything here." Of course she was aware that some plants had magic in them, it was still surprising to find them here. After plants like Flitterbloom, they seemed rather ordinary. Not only were they not moving, they were not even twitching. Happy about that, the girl leaned over one of the beds. "Paisley," she said happily. "Hello."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Amber Oakley
 Posted: Feb 21 2012, 06:44 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
634 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"Oh, thanks!" she said as she snagged the earmuffs out of the air. "We won't need these unless we take them out of their pots...but better safe than sorry!" Amber hung them around her neck so she could still hear Anna talk. Even though she had worked with some of these in class, she didn't know about the rest of them. She smiled as Anna talked to the Paisley, and she found some knotgrass. "Here," she said to Anna, "Feel this! I just learned about this in my herbology class and repotted it. It's knotgrass."

Amber watched her and kept looking around. "So, how are your classes going?" she asked, and smiled. She really cared for Anna and Eir, and hopefully they could sense that. For not being much of a small talk person, Amber could manage but it may come out as awkwardness.

This post has been edited by Amber Oakley: Feb 21 2012, 06:45 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Anna Grant
 Posted: Feb 21 2012, 09:21 PM

Slytherin Third Year
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Anna grinned at Amber's catch, then walked over to take a look at knotgrass. "It doesn't look like it's a dangerous plant, does it?" She asked. "What it's used for?"

The girl carefully studied the plant, before gingerly touching its leaves. "You're not just a regular grass, are you?" She told it, looking curious. For all its probable usefulness, it looked rather ordinary, but then again, so did a certain Willow before it started moving. "Um, I think I'm doing all right." Anna gave her friend a confused grin. "In fact, I'm pretty sure we share half those classes." Then she started thinking. "Which we aren't sharing?"

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Amber Oakley
 Posted: Feb 23 2012, 08:18 PM

Hufflepuff Fourth Year
634 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"No, not dangerous at all. It's used in Polyjuice Potion. That's all I know right now, but it's pretty awesome none the less," she smiled and took a mental picture. There were times that Amber wished she had a camera. She loved taking pictures and hanging them up in her room, but she had yet been able to do that here.

"Haha...true. I get so confused with who I am taking classes with. They seemed so big this term. But no herbology!" with a laugh she continued, "I have 2 potions classes, flying, I know you are in DADA with me, and charms. Any do add to that?" Another wish Amber had was to remember things immediately. There was a reason why, but nobody knew that here, not even her best friend. With a sigh she gave Anna her full attention. She was drawn to Anna and really wanted to get to know her. One on one time was the only way Amber could give full attention and remember things about her friends.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ