View All Announcements

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Exotic Plant Greenhouses, Greenhouses 4 and 5
Prof. Amelia Diaz
 Posted: Oct 6 2015, 02:48 PM

Professor
512 POSTS
29 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Even with the earmuffs on, Amelia could still hear the echoes of the Mandrake filling the greenhouse. She looked at the Gryffindor who dropped his pot, a loud crash now echoed alongside the Mandrakes. He then asked if they would be quiet anytime soon. The joys of dealing with the uneducated, but that was why she was here right? To teach the unfortunate little kiddos. "The Mandrake will stop crying when it is finally comfortable. Don't forget, you just tore it from it's home by it's hair." Now, when it was said like that, it didn't sound very nice, but it was true. Amelia listened to the older Gryffindor boy when he asked a question about how many times a Mandrake would need to be re-potted in it's life. "They have the form of a human baby, and just like a human baby, every Madrake is different. So it depends on the Madrake itself. Some may only need to be re-potted once, others two or three times."

Another student had actually named her Mandrake. Why? Amelia would never know, but she did and she heard the student complaining to her Mandrake. "Seeing as they do look like human babies, please keep in mind, they listen like them too." she said, hoping the student would catch her drift. She loved her son, and she wouldn't trade any bit of raising Ryder for anything, but she knew that a baby didn't listen. They screamed and wallowed until they turned blue when they were not happy.

"Now, once your Mandrakes are done comfortable and done crying, bring your pot up to me and you are free to go. If you have anymore questions, ask now." Herbology was not her department, she just knew that these little guys needed re-potting and before Alek had hired Addison, she didn't want to have to do them all by herself, it was just easier this way. Not to mention more fun watching the reaction on the kids faces.

(OOC: I apologise again for my lateness with these posts. I have been in and out with wifi with this move and a little stressed in real life. I am still here though.)

--------------------

user posted image
Siggy by moi
Amelia's Office || Profile || Callboard ||Family Tree || Wand
True Love || Family Portrait
Family Needed
Ryleigh Amestis has my permission to godmod!

PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Alex Valen
 Posted: Oct 6 2015, 06:19 PM

Slytherin Seventh Year
6651 POSTS
18 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Listening to Professor Diaz go on Alex leaned over and hissed to Zelda, Go get the Gryffindork soon, or he'll be done and leave; unless you're scared Fitzgibbons. She taunted her and leaned back looking down at the little plant she had been torturing, sliding her earmuffs on firmly she reached down and grabbed it yanking it up and then shaking it off so that it was colder as she plopped it into the empty pot. Alex threw cold water into the pot irritating the plant before she began to put some soil into it. I wish you would shut up. She spoke sharply to the plant as it kept crying and she kept halfheartedly tossing in handfuls of dirt around it, she had done this as a first year at one point and hated it the little buggers tried to it you when you made them mad and even with the earmuffs the squalls from the Mandrakes were annoying to say the least.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteMSN
^
Silica Nightingale
 Posted: Oct 6 2015, 07:33 PM

Slytherin First Year
40 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Silica walked through the halls hoping that she would not arrive to this class late. She would literally punish herself if she were to get there late. She bit her lip and eyed the door for a moment, she had no clue what they were to be studying and what to bring but something about dirt made her wince. Silica opened the door when the other students started taking their plants out of the pots which left the young sly on the ground unconscious.

--------------------
user posted image
Credit to Împărăteasă
PMEmail
^
Niklaus Moretti
 Posted: Oct 8 2015, 12:00 AM

Gryffindor Fifth Year
147 POSTS
11 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

As his plant kept on crying Klaus kept shoving dirt into the pot patting it down gently to try and make the plant happy without smushing it. Although it usually lived in dirt, so he wondered for a moment why he was worried about smashing it, sighing heavily he finished the dirt halfway up and smiled as it quieted down and stopped crying. Oh, yay, it finally quieted down. He turned to Josh and smiled as he said this excited that he had finally made it happy, and it looked like it was starting to fall asleep in it's little pot. Getting some warm water and a little more dirt he filled the pot all the way to the top and then poured the warm water in and the plant shuddered then calmed. It wasn't even twitching anymore, smiling excitedly he picked up the large pot, it was rather heavy so he had to heft it and amble to the front towards the professor. Professor Diaz...I think...I'm done. He grunted it out as he slid the pot up onto the table towards her and smiled brightly wiping some dirt off his robes and shaking them out slightly, waiting to see if he had done okay.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Elena!
PMEmail
^
Josh Edwards
 Posted: Oct 8 2015, 04:25 PM

Gryffindor Fifth Year
79 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Satisfied with how he re-potted the Mandrake, Josh looked about the class. He nodded at Professor Diaz after she answered his question. He quickly wrote that down in his notebook, labelled under Herbology. Once he noted everything down. Josh looked at Niklaus, who had also re-potted his Mandrake. Josh then stood up, gathering his things together and placing them in his bag. He quickly dusted off any dirt he had on his uniform and took out his wand. He then pointed it towards the pot and smiled. "Wingardium Leviosa" He spoke, watching the pot gently hover in the air. He then carefully walked over to Professor Diaz's desk, as well as where Niklaus was, setting the pot down gently. "I believe I am done Professor."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Elise Olsen
 Posted: Oct 18 2015, 04:22 AM

Ravenclaw Fifth Year
609 POSTS
14 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Elise was trying really hard to listen to what the other students and the professor said while dealing with Mandy at the same time. She caught a thing or two, including the part where Professor Diaz mentioned about Mandrakes listen like human babies. She might have heard what El said to Mandy and the thought of it made her face blush. She really didn't expect anyone was listening so she didn't say anything to that. Giving Mandy a confused look, she didn't bother speaking to it anymore and tried to ignore its loud crying. She lowered her Mandake into the empty pot gently before filling it up with dirt. "Alright, you're gonna be warm, and you're gonna stop crying," she said, speaking more to herself as she filled up the pot. It didn't take her very long before she couldn't hear Mandy's wail anymore. Once she felt like she had enough dirt in her pot, she put a little bit of water into it and brought her pot to the Professor. She carefully walked towards her, hoping she wouldn't drop her pot in the middle of the way. "Looks like I'm done with Mandy, uh I mean, my mandrake, Professor." she said nervously before setting her pot on the professor's desk.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ