View All Announcements

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Exotic Plant Greenhouses, Greenhouses 4 and 5
Antionette Draper
 Posted: Jan 8 2012, 08:38 AM

Slytherin Third Year
215 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Antionette bit the inside of her cheek. Arthur was SO dead! He was always preaching to her about being good and being responsible, and staying focused on her studies. Liar, liar pants on fire! She was angry at him but also a hurt, Why hadn't he told her? Yes he mentioned Annaleigh in his letter to her, but he had definitely not told her this. She didn't expect him to share every single detail of his life with her but he was her family. Sometimes she felt that he was a better 'dad' to her than her own father. Turning her attention to the lady who looked very uncomfortable in front of her, she decided she shouldn't direct her irritation towards her. She might as well try and get to know the teacher a bit better since it seems they were going to be related. She relaxed her pose a bit. "Well...okay. So I guess he hasn't told you about me," Antionette, bit back a her hurt again (she was only 11 and her world revolved around her afterall), "So my name is Antionette, but I guess you can call me Ann. I'm in Slytherin. Arthur is my only cousin, so he is really really important to me. He basically raised me." She thought for a second and added, "Professor, Arthur is a really really good guy. So he'll take good care of you and the baby. He won't let you down. As I said, he basically raised me because my...well that doesn't matter, but he'll make sure that you have everything that both you and the baby need," she said in a softer voice.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Mel
Juniper**Wand**Profile**Shipper**Callboard**
PMYIM
^
Annaleigh Nordstrom
 Posted: Jan 8 2012, 12:18 PM

Banned
525 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

This was completely and totally awkward. It wasn't like she expected him to go out and tell his entire family about her, because she certainly hadn't told hers, but she felt bad being the one to tell this poor girl all of this stuff. "We haven't really talked all that much about our families," Annaleigh said. Well, it was true... they had only been out on one 'official' date, and a lot of their conversation had been more about their child. Annaleigh listened intently to the girl as she talked... she seemed to really care for this man, which Annaleigh took as a good sign. Annie was generally a good judge of character, but she couldn't just make that assumption about Arthur after only seeing him a couple of times... but he seemed like a good guy. In fact, he seemed like a great guy. He was exactly her type, so why was she even doubting him in the first place? "That's very reassuring," Annaleigh said, her expression softening a bit. "Thank you, Antionette," she said with a nod, hugging the bags of clothes to her chest. Annaleigh had a difficult time committing to relationships... but maybe Arthur could be the exception.

--------------------

user posted image
Thanks Nearra for beyond fabulous set! user posted image
Baby Arthur - Annoyed - Nerdy - Slap - Swords - Pirate

PM
^
Antionette Draper
 Posted: Jan 8 2012, 01:11 PM

Slytherin Third Year
215 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Antionette looked at the teacher in front of her and saw how the lady hugged the bags to her chest, thought how vulnerable she actually looked. "Professor, can I carry those for you?" She indicated towards the bags that she was clutching. Antionette didn't now the ins and outs of pregnancy so she didn't know what was the etiquette and all that. "So do you want a boy or girl," Ann was really going to try hard and make friends with the teacher. Maybe it would be nice if it wasn't just simply her and Arthur anymore, "Is this going to mean I'm going to be like an aunt or something?"

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Mel
PMYIM
^
Annaleigh Nordstrom
 Posted: Jan 9 2012, 05:22 PM

Banned
525 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"That would be lovely, thank you," she said with a nod, handing a few of the bags over to the girl. She seemed like she was an absolute doll, and Annaleigh was very thankful that she ran into her... but at the same time, she felt kind of guilty that Antionette was hearing all the details of her and Arthur's relationship from Annaleigh instead of Arthur himself. "Personally, I've always wanted a boy," she divulged, not quite sure why she was telling her. Either way, Annaleigh and Antionette were probably going to get to know each other some time... so better sooner than later. "Something like that..." she said with a nod and a smile.

--------------------

user posted image
Thanks Nearra for beyond fabulous set! user posted image
Baby Arthur - Annoyed - Nerdy - Slap - Swords - Pirate

PM
^
Antionette Draper
 Posted: Jan 10 2012, 02:53 AM

Slytherin Third Year
215 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Antionette took the bags from Annaleigh. She wasn't sure what she should call her, Professor or what? She decided to ask, "Okay so since we're going to be like family, well sort of. What must I call you?" she didn't want to be rude or do anything to offend her. She then asked the other question that was on her mind. "So are you and Arthur going to get married?" she asked.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Mel
PMYIM
^
Amelia West
 Posted: Feb 26 2012, 09:21 PM

N/A POSTS
YEARS OLD
N/A

((New RP, It's been a while, for Alice Fields))

Amelia loved Hogwarts, it was so magical place, that even most picky girl could find a thing to do. She decided to go outside today. It was sunny afternoon, there was no sign of winter, maybe because spring already hit in, so girl decided to go for a walk. She wondered around, looking some place to sit and watch sky, she was skipping away from castle, deeper into Hogwarts grounds. It didn't seem that there were a lot of people, though it didn't matter, as girl was carried away with spring's warm sun and even birds singing. Ami still didn't see any place to sit, well there was always ground, but she put on her white, tight jeans and red, long blouse with black spots, so she didn't want to get them diirty, just because she wasn't patient enought to find a decent place. However she noticed a greenhouse not far from where she was, and it would be a sin, if she wouldn't follow her curiosity. Girl skipped to the green house.

The doors weren't locked, so that meant she was more than welcomed in, girl slowwly entered into green house and unimaginable view appeard infront of the girl. Hundreds of exotic plants were for display, Amelia like magnified entered the greenhouse, forgeting to put gloves and robe on.
^
Alice Fields
 Posted: Mar 1 2012, 12:54 PM

Hufflepuff Third Year
252 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Alice decided she would go exploring again. She hadn't gone in a agile and it was a welcome break from classes. So she walked outside and ended up near the greenhouses. The door was ajar and a girl was standing inside. Do Alice walked in and then over saying " Hello, I'm Alice Fields. What's you're name?

--------------------
Alice Fields- The fear of being average! Callboard
PMEmail
^
Amelia West
 Posted: Mar 3 2012, 09:39 AM

Gryffindor Second Year
92 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Someone called girls, so she turned around. A young girl was introducing herself. Amelia didn't think that anyone wold come here, but she wasn't rude, so she called her name. "I'm Amelia West! Nice to meet you! What are you doing here by the way? I barely saw anyone walking on the grounds." Amelia wondered, because really all the way from castle, there were just a few students and suddenly girl appear exactly near the green house, that was weird.

"Come in, here are amazing plants, it's would be a sin to miss them!" Amelia called Alice. It was really beautiful place, unimaginable plants were laying here, so girl defiantly wanted to go through all of the greenhouse.

--------------------
user posted image
~profile~shipper~

~Amazing Set by Blaire Allaire.Thanks!~
PM
^
Alice Fields
 Posted: Mar 6 2012, 07:46 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
252 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Alice listened to Amelia talk. Then she said " Hi, Amelia. Sorry if I scared you. My family always says I sneak up on them, but I guess I am just really quiet. I was exploring, i was tired of homework and the common room. " Then she nodded at Amelia and followed her in. Then she thought about what she said. ; Hmm, I guess I never realised that I was so quiet before, maybe that will help with Auror training.:

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Amelia West
 Posted: Mar 16 2012, 04:42 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
92 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Amelia looked at really bright orange plant and pointed with finger at it. "Look! IT lookes amazing, right? It would look even better in my hair!" Amelia shouted out excitingly. "You think anyone would mind, if I pluck it?" Amelia showed little grin, as she was about to do something against rules. Amelia liked all exotic plants, because they all were really beautiful, she thought none would mind, if one plant would disappear, there are still hundreds of them!

--------------------
user posted image
~profile~shipper~

~Amazing Set by Blaire Allaire.Thanks!~
PM
^
Alice Fields
 Posted: Mar 19 2012, 06:12 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
252 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Alice smiled at Amelia and said " I don't think so, and i agree it would look great in your hair!"

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Magdalene Angelopoulos
 Posted: Mar 31 2012, 05:52 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
118 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Magdalene really liked herbology and plants, finding herself really intrigued by all the different kinds there were. She was especially attracted to the exotic plants, thinking they had a mystery about them that she just wanted to solve. Maggie made her way into the green houses, wearing a bright orange cloak. Beneath her cloak she wore a short sleeve sweater shirt that had the pattern of the Greek flag printed over it. She also wore a long billowy white skirt and Greek style sandals.

Magdalene stood inside the green house, unable to move because she was always immediately overwhelmed by the exotic plants. She didn't know which to look at first!

--------------------
user posted image
[callboard][shipper][thanks vera for my sig]
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
 Posted: Mar 31 2012, 05:59 PM

N/AN/AN/A
N/A POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A

Landon had been working in the greenhouses for a seventh-year project and also to help Professor Amello keep her plants well tended and the greenhouse all clean for the new term. He had just been spraying a couple of leafy greens with a spray bottle when he saw a big mass of orange out of his peripheral vision. He looked up and smiled, a wave following next. "Hi, Maggie!" He poked his head out from behind a row of plants.
PMEmail
^
Magdalene Angelopoulos
 Posted: Mar 31 2012, 06:12 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
118 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Magdalene's hand lifted and was reaching out to just graze the tips of a plant when a voice sounded, resulting in her hand to smack up into the air and a shriek escape her in Greek, the shriek saying freaks be gone! but coming out quickly and more like freasbego. Of course, Landon would understand probably since he spoke Greek too but anyone else would have been confused.

Maggie froze with her hand in the air and her shriek face turned into a grin face. It was her Lanny!

"What are you doing hiding like that, Lanny?!" Magdalene asked, her eyes wide as her defensive arm shield lowered itself slowly.

--------------------
user posted image
^
 Posted: Mar 31 2012, 08:34 PM

N/AN/AN/A
N/A POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A

Landon chuckled as he peered over the row of plants, shifting the pots aside so he could get a better view from across the greenhouse. "Aww, sorry I scared you! I'm just working with some plants to help Professor Amello. Wanna come watch?"
PMEmail
^
Magdalene Angelopoulos
 Posted: Apr 1 2012, 02:04 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
118 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Magdalene considered Landon's offer for her to come watch him tending to some plants. She really liked Professor Amello and thought that this would be a good way to spend some of her afternoon. She finally nodded and smiled as she crossed the greenhouse to see Landon's work.

"Can I help any? You can teach me new stuff, Lanny, I love herbology." Maggie took off her cloak and put it on a nearby stool. She looked up at her older brother, smiling.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Seph Salvator
 Posted: Apr 1 2012, 10:07 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
3 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Seph Salvator was no stranger to magic... no not a stranger at all but he was still inspired by the sheer magnitude and splendor of Hogwarts. Everything he could ever need to cover well into master level work in any subject was readily at his finger tips and it was... exhilarating for a person of Seph's studious nature. He was walking through a few of the green houses looking for a few plants to create a potion he had read about in the family library when he noticed two other students, Gryffindors by tie color. Seph's destination was near by so he simply nodded politely and walked over to the plant he was looking for. It was a strange thing... a shriveled looking tree with beautiful royal blue and teal flowers. A rarity to be certain but within the walls of Hogwarts the potential for miraculous things was truly limitless.
PMEmail
^
Magdalene Angelopoulos
 Posted: Apr 1 2012, 10:15 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
118 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Magdalene's eyes grew wider than normal as a student entered the green houses, nodded at them but continued on his way. She watched him, now entranced by the stranger and completely ignoring her brother and his work with the plants. Magdalene was usually the one who entered a room and didn't introduce herself to someone else, so when she saw another person doing that her curiosity got the better of her.

"Those flowers are poison," Magdalene called out. She watched him with her eyes narrowed now, trying to determine if he was friend or foe.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Seph Salvator
 Posted: Apr 1 2012, 10:24 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
3 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Seph raised an eyebrow at no one in particular. He had read the texts repeatedly and he was certain the only way the flowers of this plant were poisonous was if they were ingested after being boiled in a solution of water and sugar... He assumed the girl was simply testing the waters to see what to make of him and so he casually glanced over his shoulder at her. "Incorrect. By themselves in their natural state they have no actual danger other then the tiny thorns around the base of the tree. Those cause a nasty rash but which is uncomfortable and painful but ultimately curable. Though there are a few poisons that can be derived from them that takes a little more work then just walking up to the plant."

He looked back down at the plant and pulled a small fixed blade knife from his belt and shaved off a few of the thorns while he was thinking about it. There were a few very useful things he could use those for as well.
PMEmail
^
Magdalene Angelopoulos
 Posted: Apr 1 2012, 10:33 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
118 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Magdalene festered a little as the boy remarked quite knowledgeably about the plant. She watched him talking, then saw as he pulled out a blade and took some thorns from the plant.

"My brother is quite good with herbology." she said simply, looking at Landon with a little smile. Landon was clearly the oldest one in the room. She whispered something in Greek to herself before saying, "Are you making something?"

--------------------
user posted image
^
Seph Salvator
 Posted: Apr 1 2012, 10:40 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
3 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

He glanced at the young man next to the girl and nodded to him as well. He seemed to be at least 17. Well built with an air of intelligence to him. Seph was still working on sizing people up but this was a person that he was certain that, for now, he would not be interested in testing the abilities of. Some day Seph would be a truly strong wizard and he would be able to enjoy learning from and testing others every day. He smiled at the girl and nodded. "I'm working on a small personal potions project. I need to gather stores of important ingredients while they're free. Hogwarts greenhouses and gardens are among the richest in the world"

PMEmail
^
Magdalene Angelopoulos
 Posted: Apr 1 2012, 10:44 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
118 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Magdalene stood a little dumbstruck by this boy. He looked young but he sounded old. It was like someone had embodied the physical appearance of an 11 year old but secretly he was some old warlock.

"Can I help?" she asked. Maggie was herself an extremely big and growing fan of herbology. Not to mention anything out of the norm. She glanced at Landon as if checking for approval. He was the only one she would allow to give her orders, after all.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Leila Magnus
 Posted: Apr 11 2012, 08:50 AM

Slytherin Second Year
106 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

If there was one thing Leila loved, it was dangerous plants and creatures. She hadn't visited the Greenhouses yet. She opened the door and awed at the wide variety of exotic plants. She put on the heavy robes and gloves hanging by the door, and stepped further inside.

She began walking through the rows of plants and looking at each of them, being careful not to touch them, since her education in herbology was yet to happen. She made sure to keep a safe distance as well, because she wasn't quite sure what each of these plants were capable of.

--------------------
PM
^
Leila Magnus
 Posted: Apr 14 2012, 02:43 PM

Slytherin Second Year
106 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Leila walked through the greenhouse, marveling at all of the different plants that were contained here. Some looked frightening, others were seemingly beautiful. She couldn't wait until next term when she could actually fit herbology into her schedule. She wanted to learn about all of these plants and their uses.

--------------------
PM
^
Nina Corner
 Posted: May 14 2012, 06:15 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
201 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

{Tag- Jack Hijeans}

Nina wasn't feeling like hanging out in the pride month today.
She decided to go out for a stroll on the grounds, something she didn't do much. It was a beautiful spring day, but today the greenhouses caught her eye. The one that she knew to contain the exotic plants lay further back than the others and she made her way slowly over there.

Nina quietly pushed opened the door and slid inside. There were gloves at the door but they looked cumbersome and Nina didn't plan on handling any plants. Besides, she knew which ones she could touch and which that she would be better off leaving alone.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image Aubrey Ryan Callboard! Profileuser posted image Ravenclaw Canon! user posted imageOllie!
PM
^
Prof. Amelia Diaz
 Posted: Sep 15 2015, 03:40 PM

Professor
512 POSTS
29 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

user posted image

With there not being classes, the professors were suppose to come up with activities for the students, and while this was not her department, Amelia thought it would be fun to teach the children how to re-pot some Mandrake. You never know when they will come in handy either.

So Amelia made her way out to the grounds to set up one of the greenhouses, there were earmuffs, a Mandrake and a new pot for everyone who decided to join. Amelia left a note for the students saying:

Do not touch anything!

Amelia took a seat near some of the larger plants in the greenhouse and watched for the students who decided to join.

--------------------

user posted image
Siggy by moi
Amelia's Office || Profile || Callboard ||Family Tree || Wand
True Love || Family Portrait
Family Needed
Ryleigh Amestis has my permission to godmod!

^
Anneka Adams
 Posted: Sep 15 2015, 03:58 PM

Slytherin First Year
13 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

It was fair to say that Herbology was not something that Anneka was terribly interested in. That being said, there were no classes on, and there was only so much aimlessly wondering that a first year can take.
Anneka entered the greenhouse and peered inside. She thought, at first, that she may have come to the wrong place - there was no one there - but she then noticed Prof. Diaz sitting by some of the larger plants. She raised her eyebrows in greeting - she was never one for making conversation straight away - and decided to explore the greenhouse while she waited for the other students to turn up. There were pots set out on the tables along side lots of pairs of fluffy earmuffs. Anneka thought that was rather strange, why would anyone need earmuffs to work with plants? Gloves, perhaps, but earmuffs? She figured she would find out soon enough. She was just about to pick up a pair when she noticed a hand written note
Do not touch anything!
which only served to make her want to touch things even more. But she didn't feel like getting in trouble - not now, so she continued to explore, her hands firmly in her robe pockets.
PMEmail
^
Josh Edwards
 Posted: Sep 15 2015, 04:11 PM

Gryffindor Fifth Year
79 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Josh ran into the Greenhouse, nearly tripping on his own feet, and entered the classroom. He saw that there was Professor Diaz and a single Slytherin student. He smiled at the professor and started making his way to a nearby chair, noticing the pots and earmuffs. "Hello Professor" He said as he took out his notebook and began writing down a few thoughts. As he wrote, he kept glancing towards the Professor and the Slytherin. "I hope that I'm not the only Gryffindor taking this class" He thought to himself as he continued to write.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Anneka Adams
 Posted: Sep 15 2015, 04:49 PM

Slytherin First Year
13 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Anneka turned as the Gryffindor boy stumbled into the greenhouse. He seemed oddly cheerful, grinning as he made his way to an empty seat. Anneka watched him take out his notebook and start to write. She wondered what on earth he could be writing - they hadn't even started anything yet!
She wandered around the greenhouse once more, idly looking at the plants, before coming to a halt behind the Gryffindor boy. She peered over his shoulder trying to catch a glimpse of what he was writing, but she couldn't quite make it out.
"What are you writing?" she asked, playing with a strand of her hair.
PMEmail
^
Niklaus Moretti
 Posted: Sep 15 2015, 05:34 PM

Gryffindor Fifth Year
147 POSTS
11 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Making his way down to where he had been told there were greenhouses and some activities going on, when he entered the greenhouse he saw a lot of little plants that were...wiggling. He frowned as he looked down at them moving in their tiny little pots and saw the larger pots sitting all over, when he saw the do not touch signs he was convinced that maybe he had gotten in a bit over his head being a new first year and all. Moving into the room he saw the professor there, he looked around and saw another Gryffindor boy sitting and went there to sit next to him, Hello, I'm Niklaus He said brightly, hoping to maybe make a friend here.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Elena!
PMEmail
^
Marissa Bellerose
 Posted: Sep 15 2015, 05:56 PM

Slytherin First Year
30 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Marissa was still new to school, but she knew that it was going to be worth it. She would have been nervous, being so far from home, but she did have her cousin here, her head of house in fact, and it made it a lot smoother of a transition to home in Wales to making her home here in London. When she heard that Amelia was doing an activity of her own, Marissa jumped to the offer. She was a Slytherin, but she was also a bookworm, without wisdom how were you going to gain power? Mandrakes, she had heard a lot about these, she had seen them in her aunts greenhouse, but she had never actually re-potted one. They wouldn't let her near because they didn't want her getting hurt. She looked for her cousin as she walked into the greenhouse and saw her sitting by the large place in front. "Hey Professor. How are you?" Marissa knew better than to call her by name in front of the other students, it did feel weird though. The girl took a seat near the front of the classroom as she kept her hands to herself. There was another Slytherin about the same age as her, and then there was a Gryffindor boy who seemed to be a few years older and another who seemed to be the same age as her.

--------------------
PMEmailAIMYIM
^
Austin Berquire
 Posted: Sep 15 2015, 08:25 PM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
98 POSTS
16 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Hearing on how there was gonna be a fun activity of re-pot some mandrakes, Austin pretty much jumped out of the bed filled with joy and couldn't wait to meet the little buggers. Yes, he had done it once before and had passed out due to forgetting to place on his ear muffs, but surely that accident wouldn't happen again, right? Eh, hopefully the Professor wouldn't mind having to levitate him back to the castle and throw him into the wing. Walking out to the grounds he realized on how the day seemed a bit nice, but there was a couple of strong winds here and there, boy at least those mandrakes were gonna go back to sleepy town just before the winter swept through, he thought upon arriving to the greenhouse. He stepped inside and noticed there were a few others who seemed to be in their first years, so he passed them with a smile and stood by the table, looking over to the pots.

This post has been edited by Austin Berquire: Sep 15 2015, 08:27 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Alexia Tarabotti
 Posted: Sep 15 2015, 08:54 PM

Hufflepuff Seventh Year
850 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

It was early in the morning for Alexia to be awake, as she made her way to the greenhouse she munched on a bit of apple. Hoping she didn't end up being late to the activity because of running through the kitchens grabbing fruit, she had just really been craving it this morning. Entering the greenhouse she looked around and saw a lot of random students there, it seemed the Slytherins had come out, along with Gryffindor, but no Claws. Spotting another Hufflepuff she was sure she had seen around Alexia went over and sat down next to him not saying anything, but finishing off her apple before tossing the core into the waste bin at the side of the table. She reached out to touch one of the plants, pulling back whens he spotted the Do Not Touch cards and the plant shivered...it...shivered...whut.

--------------------

PMEmail
^
Elise Olsen
 Posted: Sep 16 2015, 04:51 AM

Ravenclaw Fifth Year
609 POSTS
14 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Elise had been enjoying her quiet times in Hogwarts since she didn’t have to go to any classes this term. She had seen on the announcement board that some professors were nice enough to arrange a series of activities for the students, but she just never felt like going. She even missed the flying activity, one of her favourite subjects when she was in Durmstrang. Why? Because she wanted to avoid crowds. But today, she made an exception.

El made her way to the greenhouse straight after she had her breakfast. She really hoped those mandrakes wouldn’t mess with her stomach. Walking into the greenhouse, she noticed there were quite a few students from different houses inside. She walked towards the nearest empty table, trying to be invisible and avoid another students. She just wasn’t ready to initiate a conversation with anyone. Observing her table, she saw the mandrake in front of her swaying left and right. She moved closer to the plant then whispered "I’ll call you Mandy. Please be nice to me, okay?" she then smiled warmly to the plant, as if it could understand and see her.

This post has been edited by Elise Olsen: Sep 16 2015, 04:51 AM

--------------------
PM
^
Alex Valen
 Posted: Sep 16 2015, 12:42 PM

Slytherin Seventh Year
6651 POSTS
18 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Being bored, Alex didn't really want to come to a greenhouse activity as she entered the room she saw an older Hufflepuff she knew and then quite a few of the little kids from the disaster of a potion activity. Normally she would have noped out then, but it seemed the Slytherin House was on high alert due to Edward and Elena losing them points. There was no way Alex planned on losing the house cup to the Gryffindorks, or the Flufflepuffs anytime soon so here she was in apparently a lesson with Professor Diaz, oh wonderful now she could be babysat at the same time. Mumbling under her breath she found a seat in the back and pinched the plant in front of hers leaves making it shudder, she began to poke it with one of the mini-shovels as well watching as it pretty much flipped its lid.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteMSN
^
Josh Edwards
 Posted: Sep 16 2015, 03:18 PM

Gryffindor Fifth Year
79 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Josh continued to write down in his notebook when he heard a voice behind him. He turned back to see the Slytherin first year asking what he was writing. He smiled slightly and closed the notebook. " Just a few notes. Nothing much." He said as he saw another Gryffindor sit beside him. He introduced himself to Josh and he smiled back. Josh extended his hand to the Gryffindor. "Nice to meet you, Niklaus, I'm Josh."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Niklaus Moretti
 Posted: Sep 17 2015, 06:18 AM

Gryffindor Fifth Year
147 POSTS
11 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Listening to the boy and the Slytherin girl talk Klaus was looking at the plants wiggling in front of him in aw. Plants weren't supposed to wiggle...he was interrupted by the boy replying and introducing himself, smiling shyly he took his hand and shook it. Hi, this is all a little new to me, I've always been excited to get my letter, but when it finally came everything happened so fast. What year are you? He asked curiously, he hadn't met any of the Gryffindors yet, and he was kind of excited to make friends with some of his house mates.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Elena!
PMEmail
^
Josh Edwards
 Posted: Sep 17 2015, 06:26 AM

Gryffindor Fifth Year
79 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Josh chuckled at the boy, realising that he was clearly a first year. "I'm a fourth year and, don't worry, it gets easier through the year. I'm a half blood who spend most of his childhood growing up in a Muggle home, with small magical moments. When I got my letter, my dad was over the moon that there was another wizard in the family. I was just like you, nervous and excited at the same time. It gets better, trust me." Josh said, opening his notebook again and went back to writing.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Zelda Fitzgibbons
 Posted: Sep 20 2015, 01:52 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1207 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

So, points, that was the only reason that Zelda was taking part of these activities now. The Claws and Puffs were catching up, and it wouldn't be long before the Dorks were too since they were everywhere. She made her way to the greenhouse where their head of house was holding her own activity. Herbology was one of her least favourite classes, after history and muggle studies - if you could even call that autrocity a class. She found Alex in the back of the greenhouse and took a seat with her, watching as her friends plant was wriggling around, letting out a small chuckle. "Why are we here? Oh wait, that's right, Balakov and your little boyfriend lost us housepoints. she said as she started to poke the plants leaves, completely disregarding the single note in the front of the class. She didn't even acknowlegde her own head of house sitting at the front. She was really starting to miss Puerto Rico.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
All the shinies are done by the awesomeness of Alex Valen...XD
||BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!!!||PROFILE||CALLBOARD||WAND||
Family Needed
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Amelia Diaz
 Posted: Sep 20 2015, 02:39 PM

Professor
512 POSTS
29 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Amelia greeted each of the students back as they entered. She didn't know any of the students yet, not by name, just faces that roamed the halls. The professor had a feeling that it was going to be an interesting year. She went from student, to in home caregiver, to professor. Amelia watched as her cousin walked into the room, smart enough not to call her by her name, there would have been a very long conversation about that if she had. Finally she stood from her seat as she watched two older girls in the back of the classroom doing exactly what she had instructed them not to. "Valen, Fitzgibbons!" she said clearly to the two girls, "I really don't think you girls want to lose Slytherin anymore points, do you?" Katerina had warned Amelia of these two. There were a few on the list, but she had heard more than enough stories.

Amelia figured she had waited long enough for any students who wanted to join to come, and she stood in front of the class. With a swish of her wand she watched as a pair of gloves appeared in front of each student. "Now, who can tell me what a Mandrake is? she asked the class. She wanted to see who actually knew anything about what they were about to be getting themselves into. It wasn't the most dangerous, they were still babies, but that didn't change the fact that these plants could be deadly if they were full grown.

(Sorry it took me so long to get it started, real life is hectic right now)

--------------------

user posted image
Siggy by moi
Family Needed

^
Josh Edwards
 Posted: Sep 20 2015, 02:46 PM

Gryffindor Fifth Year
79 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Josh looked up, noticing that Professor Diaz was speaking. He closed his notebook and listened to her speak to the class, asking them all what a Mandrake was. Josh, knowing about Mandrake's from his previous years, raised his hand. " A Mandrake is a root that is shaped like a human. When matured, the cry of the Mandrake can be fatal and, to anyone who hears it, will be killed. The Mandrake is also known to have similar behaviour patterns to humans, not just their resemblance." Josh said, lowering his hand and looking around the classroom, before turning his head back towards Professor Diaz.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Alex Valen
 Posted: Sep 20 2015, 03:13 PM

Slytherin Seventh Year
6651 POSTS
18 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Rolling her eyes at Zelda Alex smacked one of the leaves harder watching it quiver, He is not my boyfriend, and who gives a crap that little pipsqueak is just trying to be me, and she'll never pull it off. As Diaz called out over the room Alex met her gaze and plucked a leaf from the plant, I dunno, losing points sounds like fun. Her plant wiggled and she heard it sigh sadly, smiling she looked over to see Zelda poking hers as well. Then Diaz began to talk and the annoying little Gryffindor boy spoke up, fixing him with a look Alex recognized this one from the potions lesson Zelda had been trying to steal his left over potion for them and had failed. They had both ended up poisoned and in the hospital wing. She felt like kicking him down the stairs would be a fun game. Whispering to Zelda she said, Give you a Galleon and some Chocolate Frogs if you go by and nudge his ear muffs off, by accidents so he faints. She raised a brow and smirked waiting to see her response.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteMSN
^
Satori Hwang
 Posted: Sep 20 2015, 08:53 PM

Gryffindor First Year
22 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Tori hurried into the greenhouses and found her way towards the other gryffindor's. The house needed to stick together if they were going to win this house cup from the sly's. She hated the thought of the ambitious house winning this term and hoped they'd all be put in their place... or something. She noticed one of the students from earlier who had given her chocolate frogs. "Hey Niklaus! Can I stand with you?" She slid some ear [NO! No sir no! Dobby says NO!]'s on her neck so that they would be ready for the time when the teacher said to put them on. "Baby Mandrakes won't be deadly, their cry will just knock someone unconscious."

--------------------
user posted image
Credit to Prof. Logavick
PMEmail
^
Niklaus Moretti
 Posted: Sep 23 2015, 06:16 AM

Gryffindor Fifth Year
147 POSTS
11 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

As the other boy went back to writing in his notebook Klaus noticed Satori the girl he had met in the hallway earlier come in, he waved at her as she greeted him and came to stand by them. She put the earmuffs on her neck and he frowned. I don't think you were supposed to touch anything yet, the professors has a note not to. He pointed to where the note sat telling them do not touch anything, but just then Professor Diaz began the lesson and he was caught up in listening to the Slytherin girl get in trouble. Klaus thought she looked mean, and he didn't think he wanted to go anywhere near her with how she seemed to be making the plant in front of her sad.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Elena!
PMEmail
^
Satori Hwang
 Posted: Sep 23 2015, 08:58 AM

Gryffindor First Year
22 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Satori looked at the note for a moment then slid the earmuffs off of her ears. "Ooops... eh.. I hope she didn't see that then." She moved the device near the plant for moment and looked around to see what everyone else was doing. One of the older students seemed to be whispering to the other student about something but she couldn't catch what she said.

--------------------
user posted image
Credit to Prof. Logavick
PMEmail
^
Marissa Bellerose
 Posted: Sep 26 2015, 03:08 AM

Slytherin First Year
30 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Marissa was still learning, Herbology wasn't her favourite subject, but Aunt Jimena loved it and she knew a little about the subject before coming to school. As she raised her hand she listened as the Gryffindors answered the question first, she kept her hand raised, there was always a little more that could be said, right? "When they are full grown, they are a prime ingredient in the draught used to cure those who have been petrified." The felt a little odd answering, she heard stories from her cousin about when she was in school. Not the coolest kid in Slytherin as she was a book worm, but it was like she was taught her whole life, it is one thing to be clever, another to be wise, and without knowledge you will never have power. You never know when you will need a draught like this. Marissa wrote a few notes down in her journal as she watched the Gryffindor messing with her earmuffs, shaking her head a little. Staring back at the older Slytherin girls, the ones that Amelia had named, she wondered if she would be like that when she was older. Looking back up at Amelia, she waited for what she had to say next.

--------------------
PMEmailAIMYIM
^
Prof. Amelia Diaz
 Posted: Sep 26 2015, 03:57 AM

Professor
512 POSTS
29 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

It didn't take long before one of the Gryffindors spoke up. Amelia nodded her as she kept an eye on the two Slytherin girls in the class. Then she watched as one of the Gryffindors put her earmuffs on, of course she would think that it would impress the professor to be ready, but not when the professor specifically stated not to touch anything. "Would anyone else like to disregard the rules today? If you guys want to make your ways to the hospital wards, I won't stop you, but don't let it happen in my classroom." she said, more directed to the girls in the back. School hadn't even started yet. Back when she was in school, the main reason the students got themselves sent to the hospital wing was to get out of class, which they didn't even have. Then she heard Marissa speak up, following with what the Mandrake was used for.

"Now, if you would put your earmuffs and gloves on, we can get started." Amelia placed her own earmuffs on her ears as she watched the class that should be following along. "First thing you are going to do is pull the Mandrake by straight from the pot." The cry of the Mandrake echoed through the greenhouse as the human looking plant wailed at the top of its lungs. Amelia quickly placed the plant in a new, bigger pot and started to fill it with some dirt. "Make sure to keep the Mandrake warm by filling the pot with dirt and a little bit of water. As the sat in the pot for a minute, the wails started to subside, the echoes beginning to fade. "Any questions?"

--------------------

user posted image
Siggy by moi
Family Needed

^
Niklaus Moretti
 Posted: Sep 27 2015, 08:02 AM

Gryffindor Fifth Year
147 POSTS
11 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Listening to everyone answer the questions and the teacher give directions Klaus looked around and slipped his own earmuffs on, when he did it seemed like everything suddenly became muffled and he was hearing the professor through water. Turning he asked Satori Can you hear anything? He could barely hear himself ask this, then he turned his attention back to the professor as she reached down and grabbed her plant yanking it up. His eyes widened in shock as the plant came up and there was like an ugly naked baby thing at the bottom of it with roots for feet, Klaus had never seen a Mandrake before now, and now that he was seeing it he was completely disgusted, they were ugly as hell. Making sure his earmuffs were on well and he could still only hear the Mandrake like it was coming through water, he leaned down and grasped his Mandrake by the top and pulled the larger pot over so it was close before he started pulling on his little mandrake pot. It didn't seem to want to move, and when it finally did he dropped the pot on the floor and held his yowling baby Mandrake thing looking at it and turning it around to see it before he plopped it down in the larger pot and started throwing dirt and water in with it. Frantically trying to get it to stop crying, because now that it was his own and closer it seemed slightly louder through the muffs than the one across the room had been. Is this thing okay, is it going to stop crying at any point? He asked looking towards the professor as he said this, because his didn't seem to be calming down.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Elena!
PMEmail
^
Josh Edwards
 Posted: Sep 28 2015, 08:28 AM

Gryffindor Fifth Year
79 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Satisfied with how he answered Professor Diaz almost immediately to her question, Josh listened as other students answered the Professor in other ways. Josh kicked himself that he forgot to mention how the Mandrake was also an ingredient in un-petrifying people. Once everyone gave an answer, Josh grabbed the earmuffs nearest to him, watching the Professor demonstrate on how to remove, and re-pot, a Mandrake. Once it was pulled from the pot, a blood curdling scream echoed the Greenhouse. Josh firmly placed his hands over his ears and continued to watch, wincing in pain from the screams from the newborn.

Once the Mandrake re-potted, and its cries silenced by the moist soil, Josh got to work on re-potting his own Mandrake. Grabbing the pot nearest to him, he braced himself for what was to come. Grasping firmly on the top of the Mandrake, he yanked the Mandrake from its warm home, his ears now ringing from the cries. He looked at the Mandrake, seeing its body covered in soil, and placed into the new pot. As the Mandrake continued to cry, he began to place large mounds of dirt over it, mixing it in with a little water to keep the Mandrake warm, as instructed by Professor Diaz. Once the Mandrake was re-potted, and the cries were nothing more than a muffle, he raised his hand. "Professor? Mandrake's will obviously continue to grow. Is there an estimated number of times that they will need to be re-potted?"

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Elise Olsen
 Posted: Oct 5 2015, 02:59 AM

Ravenclaw Fifth Year
609 POSTS
14 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

El turned to the professor when she started speaking. Her first sentence didn't sound very warm, as she was calling out to the older Slytherin girls in the other corner. Then she started speaking to the whole classroom, or greenhouse in this case. Just like a normal class, Professor Diaz asked a basic question to start things up. She knew the complete answer to the question but she chose not to say a word merely because she didn't want to draw any attention. She watched other students answered the question and waited until Professor Diaz move on to the practical part.

Elise put on her earmuffs and gloves then watched the professor pulled the mandrake from its pot. She could barely hear what she said but El assumed she wanted the class to do the same thing. She then held the mandrake or Mandy in front of her and started pulling it out of its pot. Nothing happened. It's certainly harder than it looked because her mandrake seemed to be stuck inside the pot. "Oh come on Mandy..." she whispered before taking a deep breath. She tightened her grip and one of her hand now holding the pot. One.. two.. pull! she pulled harder this time and she could finally see the ugly baby face that started crying loudly as soon as she pulled it out of the pot. "Geez Mandy, you're so loud." she said to her mandrake, a little bit too loud this time.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ