View All Announcements

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Basic Greenhouse, greenhouses 1 - 3
Nathalie Deveraux
 Posted: Aug 28 2011, 06:15 AM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
753 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Nathalie then smiled. "I bet you plan to be a musician later on. Or maybe something else." she said. Then she got a reminder as Vera said something about "travelling". Oh mother. The shopping/travelling lover. she thought. "You could say me and my family travel a lot, but mostly I stay in Dublin with my sister and dad. Mom is the one that travels a lot." she said.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteMSN
^
Ying Fa
 Posted: Sep 21 2011, 11:08 AM

Alumni
6144 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

(New RP)

Ying brought her mentee to the greenhouses of the school just so she would be familiar where all the plants were located. "Here we are!" She announced while opening to the door to get inside. Some vines are moving like they were dancing. She turned to Emily again with a smile. "Do you like plants? This is the what we call greenhouses and this is where all the plants were being kept and take care of."

Tag: Emily Carolina

This post has been edited by Ying Fa: Sep 21 2011, 11:09 AM

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Emily Carolina
 Posted: Sep 21 2011, 11:03 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
556 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Emily looked inside the greenhouse in awe. another 'green' view. there were many different kind of plants inside but she couldn't name it. they weren't mundane plants that she usually see in the garden though. most of them were literally moving. "yes I do, because plants were the ones who gave the life to the creatures on earth." she answered it while her eyes still looking around. "oh, I also take the Herbology class, so I guess I'll be here often."

--------------------
user posted image
awesome set by Vera Kwon || my owl Chippy user posted image
PM
^
Ying Fa
 Posted: Sep 22 2011, 12:17 PM

Alumni
6144 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"Nice one! 5 points for Gryffindor!" Ying winked and joked on Emily for giving a nice answer if she likes plants. She liked her answer so she couldn't help but joke about the points. But if she can just give points, she would give Emily some of it since she's a good mentee and full of questions which makes this tour more exciting. At the mention of taking up herbology, Ying grinned while looking around the greenhouse. "Oh you'll enjoy that subject, I enjoyed mine and was able to plant that are easier to handle. Just be careful in handling plants. You should also respect them just like you are respecting people and animals." Which reminds her... "Hey wait, did you read our student handbook by now? It's very imperative that you did because it includes all the rules of the school."

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Emily Carolina
 Posted: Sep 23 2011, 01:47 AM

Gryffindor Third Year
556 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Emily chuckled at Ying's joke. "Yes! my first points in hogwarts!" she said, still in line with the joke and giggled. she turned to Ying. feeling lucky that she had her as a mentor, she's so friendly and nice, and she's one good role-model student. she nodded as Ying explained about how to treat the plants, another note for her class. "I already read it, I mean most of the parts, but haven't read it all." she answered Ying honestly. she thought she might missed some points in the rule so Ying could actually remind her.

This post has been edited by Emily Carolina: Sep 23 2011, 01:49 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ying Fa
 Posted: Sep 23 2011, 11:07 AM

Alumni
6144 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Ying giggled because Emily joined her in her craziness about house points. Seriously they need all the help they can get from all Gryffindor students so that they can catch up in points against other houses. “Don’t worry you’ll get your points as you go along your way here in our school. Just don’t forget the rules in everything that you do so that you won’t end up in detention or being deducted with points.” Ying walked around slowly, motioning for Emily to follow them. She softly rubbed her finger to one vine that is currently moving. “I would suggest you to read it all the way to the end and memorize the rules by heart. Nah not literally memorize it, in time you’ll just know all of them without realizing it.” She nodded because it happened to her before too and now she’s trying to impart hat knowledge to the young ones. “For our common room, curfew is at 9pm and no students are to roam around beyond that time unless you have Astronomy class at midnight which is not far from our common room either. For the dorms, you are not allowed to go to the boy’s dorm and vice versa. You can also check the game area in our common room, we have exciting games there everyday.”

(5000 posts!!! XD )

This post has been edited by Ying Fa: Sep 23 2011, 11:07 AM

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Emily Carolina
 Posted: Sep 24 2011, 03:21 AM

Gryffindor Third Year
556 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Emily kept nodding when Ying explained about the rules. she felt bad that she didn't bring any notes so she could actually write down what her mentor just said. hopefully she could note it in her brain. she had one question in her mind, "sooo what will happen if I violate one of the rules?" she asked.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ying Fa
 Posted: Sep 25 2011, 04:01 AM

Alumni
6144 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Ying stopped walking and slowly turned to Emily with a goofy smile on her face. “Hmmm…it depends Emily. I would say depending on what you did but mainly a fair warning will be received at the first case or deduction of points from your house. ” She tossed her hair aside and stated the next that can happen. “You will be put in detention too and that depends on the professor assigned to the detention center of what would be your punishment. Next worse thing is that you will be expelled from the school.” (meaning banned for a while of indefinite time) “And lastly? Azkaban.” Ying grinned, she maybe smiling but that’s the worst part of all the possible punishment there is. “That’s why be careful, don’t go to places you’re not supposed to go, those are the forbidden ones.”

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Emily Carolina
 Posted: Sep 25 2011, 07:53 AM

Gryffindor Third Year
556 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Ying's answer was quite scary for Emily. "I will try my best not to violate any rules" she nodded quickly. she sure didn't want to made her house losing points or to be in a detention. although she do understand the warnings, she couldn't really understand the last part that Ying called as Azkaban. "err... what is this Azkaban, Ying? I've never heard about it before.."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ying Fa
 Posted: Sep 26 2011, 08:44 AM

Alumni
6144 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Ying’s smile vanished as soon as Emily asked her about Azkaban. She herself didn’t know what it look like but she read enough books about it because she’s also curious. It’s really such a scary and horrible place and she will never dreamt of going there. “Azkaban is a prison located on an island, it is said to be hidden from the muggle world, and it is thought to have undetectable extension charms placed on it.” She imagined a big mass of structure in the middle of nowhere where no muggle can see it. “They said that Azkaban gained a reputation as a horrible place, mostly due to the prison's guards: DEMENTORS, foul creatures that suck the happiness out of the victim and cause great suffering to those in their proximity. Because of this, most of the prisoners eventually went insane and slowly DIED under the Dementors' influence.” Ying shivered at the thought of dementors. She encountered a boggart in the form of dementor and it’s really scary when it started sucking up your soul. Icks! “Any more question Emily?”

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Emily Carolina
 Posted: Sep 26 2011, 09:57 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
556 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

the definition of Azkaban surely sent shivers down her spine. "so this magical world also have that kind of big bad place.." she altered her scary bad thought by turning to Ying. "I've asked loads of questions today, I think it's enough." she smiled.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ying Fa
 Posted: Sep 27 2011, 11:12 AM

Alumni
6144 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Ying chuckled at Emily's reaction. "Don't worry about it, if you will be a good girl, you will not even step foot in that horrible place." She ruffled her hair fondly (little godmodding) "And I will make sure you will be a good role model gryffindor student some day." She laughed and looked outside the greenhouse when she said she had no more question. "Hmm I wonder what you still want to know, or maybe you need help from me? Anything at all?"

This post has been edited by Ying Fa: Sep 27 2011, 11:33 AM

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Emily Carolina
 Posted: Sep 28 2011, 10:47 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
556 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Emily smiled to Ying. "oh someday! yes, surely I really wanna be like you!". it's in the list now, becoming a prefect? or head student? the thoughts of it made her more happy. she was one ambitious girl, talking about ambitious, why the sorting hat didn't put her in Sly? who knows. back to Ying's offer.. "I don't really have one for now." Emily had enough for the day, she felt a bit tired though. but her experience with Ying was unforgettable for her.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ying Fa
 Posted: Sep 30 2011, 04:01 PM

Alumni
6144 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Ying chuckled, a little flattered that some students looked up to her as a role model. It gave her a good feeling of fulfillment that she's helping them right and that she's making a little difference to these young students. "Thank you Emily, you'll see, you will be a great student, just don't forget to study hard, be active and be nice to everyone." She once again smiled to her fondly. "If you don't have any questions now, we can got back to our common room and call it day. Thank you for your time today Emily and I really enjoyed talking and showing you around." She opened the door of the greenhouse and motioned for Emily to follow her outside. "Let's go."

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Aaron Kinlan
 Posted: Nov 14 2011, 12:40 AM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
40 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

To the greenhouses! They were Aaron's most common haunts after returning to Hogwarts after his long summer break. Somehow the long holiday drove the mere memory of Hogwarts being an institute of learning, a school with classes and everything, right out of his mind, because he hadn't even stepped foot in one of his classes this term. Not that it really mattered, he would just get dropped in the classes and not move up a year, he didn't have a chance on advancing to the sixth year anyways - hadn't signed up for any OWLs. Not that it matter now anyways, who did he even know at this castle anyways? It seemed like all his good friends and up and left for Durmstrang or the like. He pouted, allowing himself to wallow in his current nihilistic funk. With a sigh he unwrapped the scarf of his outfit from it's knot around his neck. Now that he was sitting on one of the tables inside the greenhouse the added warmth provided by the chunky material was unwarranted. A single crinkled brown leaf landed on his shoulder, dead. Aaron frowned, looking at the mundane tomato plant behind him, an entire one of it's branches was currently dying as if suddenly and fatally deprived of water. "No," he gasped, reaching out to touch the ill branch thinking of good things immediately. Fuzzy puppies, the wind in his hair, sunshine warming his face, the sturdy feeling of a broomstick under him. "Sorry there mate..." It was all so new and strange; he kept forgetting that his moods were curiously effecting plants.

--------------------
user posted image
{ fantab-delicious set by RILEY DAVIS ; love by Nei! }
{ callboard ; profile } { love ; dancefloor }

PMEmail
^
Owen Harper
 Posted: Nov 14 2011, 01:05 AM

Gryffindor Second Year
16 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Owen, although he'd been at Hogwarts for a few weeks, felt like he hadn't done enough exploring. Hell, he didn't know where anythong other than the great hall and his common room were! Kayden would be disappointed with him. Ah, that silly bloke. Anyways, he put his new Gryffindor scarf on (well, new to him. It had been Kayden's at one time), and he left his room.

On his way through the castle, he met many nice portraits, and some mean ones. There were even some crazy ones. One had advised that he "skipper his doodle", whatever that meant. Owen simply laughed at them all. Moving paintings were interesting. Although he'd grown up with moving pictures, he wasn't used to the portraits that talked and had their own personalities and things. That would take some getting used to.

When Owen reached the grounds, he found the Firebolt Aero that Kayden had given him (Kayden got an even better broom), and he set off on a nice, slow ride around the campus. Nothing too high up, only 5 feet or so, and he was only going about 10 mph. Of course, going slow wasn't always fun, but on a nice, sunny day that wasn't warm but wasn't cold, it was what Owen felt like.

He made it to the green houses after a while, and saw a boy sitting in one of them. Owen almost just kept going, but wait...was that Aaron Kinlan? THE Aaron Kinlan? The one that Kayden had said so much about? Owen landed immediately, propped his broom against the building, and quietly slipped inside. "Hey, you're...Kayden's friend, right?" He blushed a little as he sat on one of the tables near Aaron. He was awkward and fail just like Kayden! <(happy.gif)>

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Aaron Kinlan
 Posted: Nov 14 2011, 05:33 PM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
40 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Aaron noticed the slight disturbance in his peripherals as someone slipped into the greenhouse, but kept his attention at the Tomato plant. It was a school greenhouse after all, it was okay if other people wanted to use it. He supposed. Though as soon as he had his own place he would be making his own greenhouse, or one of those greenroom patios where posh people had an early breakfast and watched the sunrise. Minus watching the sun rise, that was too damned early for him. Even in his future ideals.

Aaaanyways, la de da, Aaron was playing with the plant trying to make it's branch come back to life when some kid sat beside him. His eyes darted over, looking at him for two counts then returning to the plant. It was slowly getting better, the greenness was starting to come back into the stalk. But then the kid spoke, so Aaron withdrew his hand and turned. Eyebrows perched in confusion he replied, "I... I do know a Kayden yes. And who are you?" He asked defensively, that was a little bit of a strange thing to just go out and ask someone: 'hey are you so and so's friend'. What business is it to you, señor creeptastic?

--------------------
user posted image
{ fantab-delicious set by RILEY DAVIS ; love by Nei! }
{ callboard ; profile } { love ; dancefloor }

PMEmail
^
Lane Cameron
 Posted: Dec 22 2011, 09:25 AM

Gryffindor Second Year
77 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

(New RP)

Lane was wondering around the grounds, exploring them when he came across a huge glass building. It was a greenhouse. Lane didn't know that muggle buildings were also used in the magical world. Or maybe it was magical buildings in the muggle world? Either way, he was interested.

He entered the first one, and was in awe of the number of plants in the room. He wasn't interested in plants or anything similar to that in the muggle world, but he figured he might as well learn something that could carry one in the muggle world. Plus, plants didn't bother anyone... right?

He found what looked to be a common tomato plant. He like tomato's, he didn't know they grew on vines though. He poked it, not really knowing what to do. Maybe he should water it or something.

[OPEN]

--------------------
PM
^
Jane de Wolf
 Posted: Dec 22 2011, 04:11 PM

Ravenclaw Fifth Year
494 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jane walked into the greenhouse and smiled. Herbology was one of the topics she held the most interest in. Having come from a large estate she had always been surrounded by nature and plants. I love them.

Jane noticed a boy poking at a Tomato plant and she walked over curious to see what he was doing. "Hello, I'm Jane. Um, what are you doing to that plant?"Her eyebrows raised as she noticed he'd poked it. Unless he had some magical plant abilitys she doubted poking it would do much.

--------------------
user posted image
^Thanks to Katheryne^

Profile Callboard
PMEmail
^
Lane Cameron
 Posted: Dec 22 2011, 09:39 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
77 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

As soon as he poked the plant, Lane heard a voice next to him. She introduced herself, which made Lane think she was friendly. Though, one couldn't be sure, she definitely looked older. "I'm Lane," he said, not shy at all. "and I'm trying to figure out what to do next." He wanted to do well at this school. He figured if he did well, then he wouldn't have to ever go back to the children's home, or the muggle world. First step: practice before class. He knew poking it did nothing, but he was at a lose.

--------------------
PM
^
Lamnia Rouskawl
 Posted: Dec 23 2011, 08:37 PM

Slytherin Second Year
87 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

She was very excited about her Winter classes. One of them would be Herbology, she hoped. She'd already enrolled and was more than ready to get in deep with her lessons. She'd always been hungry for books and learning. Out on the grounds again, just like she'd been the first day she had come to Hogwarts, she went to check out the greenhouses. She was very eager because gardening and plants were one of her specialties. Her equally good specialty was Potions but she had never had a class in either. She'd be a fantastic cook too if someone taught her.

Walking into a greenhouse, not one in particular, she spotted a boy and a girl. Oh, wow.... She hadn't expected to find anyone around. Approaching them with a tentative step, she lightly cleared her throat.

"What are you both upto?"

Wow, no introductions or anything? She usually does them first line or she forgets to do it altogether. She folded her arms behind her back, holding onto her pack, as she looked between Lane and Jane. Oh, my! Those names; they could be twins! And she was the outsider in the name department.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jane de Wolf
 Posted: Dec 24 2011, 08:28 AM

Ravenclaw Fifth Year
494 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jane smiled at Lane as he told her he had nothing planned yet for the plant. Looking at the edges she noticed it was curling up a bit. "Well we could water it, or weed it." She looked into the large pot the plant was contained in and noticed several green sprouts coming up. She heard footsteps behind them and turned to see who was approaching.

"Hello,I'm Jane." She waved at the girl who appeared to be Lane's age. She was suddenly starting to feel a bit old but she shrugged that off. "We're examining this tomato plant to see what we could do to it." She moved over a bit so that Lamnia could see.

--------------------
user posted image
^Thanks to Katheryne^

Profile Callboard
PMEmail
^
Lane Cameron
 Posted: Dec 24 2011, 09:06 AM

Gryffindor Second Year
77 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Lane was waiting for Jane to reply, he seemed to think that she knew more than he did when it came to plants, when another person walked into the Greenhouse. Jane had answered then saying what they could do to the plant. It did look like it needed some water. Jane answered the girls question. "Yeah, I think you're right, it looks thirsty. Do you know anything about plants?" he asked to the other girl, who had yet to introduce herself.

--------------------
PM
^
Lamnia Rouskawl
 Posted: Dec 24 2011, 10:43 AM

Slytherin Second Year
87 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

She looked a bit surprised over the consideration of asking her if she knew about plants but the surprised expression was replaced by a happy one and a smile. She moved closer and unfolded her arms from behind her back, stepping into the place that Jane had moved from for her and taking a look at the tomato.

"I know a bit about plants. It does appear to need watering. Don't want the leaves to curl up too much."

She reached to test the sturdiness of the vines on the pole that it was wrapped around.

"Hmm... Well, it looks like it just needs some water. Both of you have figured that out." She folded her arms behind her back again and looked between them.

"My name is Lamnia"

Now it was Lane that had yet to introduce himself to her.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jane de Wolf
 Posted: Jan 1 2012, 12:05 PM

Ravenclaw Fifth Year
494 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jane smiled as Lamnia walked a bit closer to them. She was a tad shooked that Lane had jumped right in with a question but she supposed that was how Gryfindors acted. "It's a pleasure." Jane said nodding her head at Lamnia.
Jane pulled out her wand then paused. Just watering it with magic seemed to easy and she didn't know if the others knew any spells. "Should we find a watering can?" She asked lowering the wand near a fold in her robes.

--------------------
user posted image
^Thanks to Katheryne^

Profile Callboard
PMEmail
^
Calder Eldridge
 Posted: Jan 24 2012, 10:05 AM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
409 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Calder had wandered into the greenhouses, the basic ones, to look at some of the mundane flowers they managed to grow out of season. Hey he was interested in them for several reasons but mainly he was looking for something to maybe get his mother to keep in her kitchen window. No, he would not be taking it from the school but he wanted some ideas. Calder wandered up and down the aisles looking for just the right flower. It had to be perfect and something that did not take a ton of care.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Jan 24 2012, 12:50 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

It was freezing cold outside, at least in Canis' view. Yet somehow, he wanted to get outside the castle for a while. He had thought for a while and then had headed over to the greenhouses. He'd never been there before, but he remembered when his parents had once taken him to Kew Gardens and the greenhouses there. It had been great.

Canis went into the first greenhouse he came across and was surprised to find Calder there, who was wandering along the aisles. "Hey, Calder, escaping the cold, too?" he called over to the other boy.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Calder Eldridge
 Posted: Jan 24 2012, 01:27 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
409 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

"Hey Canis..." He greeted the younger boy with a smile and a shake of his head. "...not really I am just looking for a plant to get my mum. She works hard to make sure I ahve what I need while I go to school here. I just want to get her somethign that will make the house pretty but does not cause her to have extra work." Calder picked up a small pot looking at the herb growing in it. "I would prefer to get her something that is a flower or flowers with a lovely scent. She use to keep an herb garden but not since my father left." Calder shrugged a little as he placed the pot back down onto the table he removed it from. He walked a little further down the benches still looking for just the right thing.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Jan 24 2012, 03:01 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Canis thought about this for a bit and grew apprehensive. "Say, Calder, I never thought of it, but are we allowed to just walk in here? I mean, this is Hogwarts, and are all the plants ok to walk around?" He knew that in the muggle world there was such a thing as a fly trap, maybe here there was a kid trap, who knew?

"I have no idea about any of these plants, whether they flower and when. But if I wanted to get a nice flower with a scent for my mom, I would get her a rose," he offered. His mother, as a Muggle, was not used to anything magic.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Calder Eldridge
 Posted: Jan 24 2012, 05:50 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
409 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

"Its a mundane greenhouse mostly. There are no dangerous plants here. As long as we don't break or destroy anything we should be fine." Calder said as he lifted another plant from the table. He looked it over before setting it down on the bench once more. He looked back to Canis as he explained. "Roses take a great deal of care and my mother doesn't have time to do them. Thanks for the idea though."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Allison Rose
 Posted: Jan 24 2012, 07:56 PM

Gryffindor Seventh Year
649 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alli had decided to walk down to the greenhouses to check on her newest flower. She had been working on a collection of magical plants that were genetically mutated and that were not in the least bit dangerous. They were just regular plants that you might find in Muggle gardens across the globe. They may not be harmful, but they still had magical abilities. When Alli trotted into the greenhouse she saw two younger boys already there. Alli knew one of them from one of the many adventures that Caro sent the Gryffindors on. He was a third year and his name was something along the lines of Clader or Calder or something out of the ordinary. The other boy though, Alli did not recognize and he looked to be in his first year. Alli waved and walked over to them. Hey there. She turned to the boy she had met but could not remember his name and said. I'm not sure if you remember me, but we searched for guinea pigs together for Caro last week. She smiled kindly and then looked down at the first year boy. Hi, I'm Allison, She smiled nicely, but didn't really feel like getting into an actual conversation with a first year. Not that Alli was mean or anything, she just got annoyed really easily with younger kids and she didn't want to harass the poor kid, before they even got to know each other.

--------------------
user posted imageSisters[/URL]||Uniform||Telepathy||Wand||Home||Isabella||Sizzle||Shipper||Family Tree||Profile||Callboard|
Set by Melora! Ability by Melora! Sisters by Natural Babe @Caution! user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Jan 28 2012, 11:58 AM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Canis only noticed the newcomer (Allison) when she addressed Calder and then introduced herself to him. "Hi, I'm Canis,' he greeted back, looking at her a second longer than actually necessary. There was something odd about her, the smile seemed fake and didn't reach her eyes. She was a Gryffindor, too, but older, and maybe she was busy and just didn't want to be unfriendly to a first year. Nevertheless, he tried, "I was just walking around here, looking at the plants. I'd never been in the greenhouses before. Calder's looking for a plant." Well, that was a silly statement, seeing that we're in a greenhouse, he thought.

This post has been edited by Canis Rye: Jan 28 2012, 12:00 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Calder Eldridge
 Posted: Jan 28 2012, 05:10 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
409 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

"Hello..." Calder said looking up from what he was doing. He frowned a moment before shaking his head and setting it back down once more. Sighing he rubbed the back of his neck as he moved on once more. "I'm Calder as Canis here told you..." He was not sure which one of them she was talking to about Guinea Pigs. He had worked mostly with Aqua but so could have worked with her in a few spots. He picked up another plant.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Jan 28 2012, 05:52 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

What's with Calder? Canis thought. Allison had indicated she knew him, but Calder seemed very short with her, as if he didn't know her. Maybe he forgot. "I was hunting for guinea pigs, too, but I didn't see you," he addressed Allison. "I was mostly with a first year Slytherin, Anna. We actually found a guinea pig in a dog kennel together with some puppies! Actually, it was hiding behind them." He wasn't sure whether she'd be interested, but it had been really cool. "Did you catch any?" he asked.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Allison Rose
 Posted: Jan 28 2012, 10:02 PM

Gryffindor Seventh Year
649 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alli felt a bit stupid when she realized that she had only introduced herself to Calder before he left to search for guinea pigs in the hallway. She also saw that the first year was trying to start a conversation so she smiled down at him, a bit more kindly this time and said, It's nice to meet you Canis. She laughed and shoved him slightly, Nah, I bet you were looking for a unicorn in here. She joked, glad that she didn't sound unfriendly. Then she looked at Calder. Ya, I guess I didn't think that you might not remember our meeting. She smiled and said, I pretty much just said hi and told you who I was before you ran to look for guinea pigs in the hallway. She shrugged it off and reached out her hand, I guess a fresh start is in order. Hello, I'm Allison Rose, but please call me Alli. I am one of the most friendly people you will probably ever meet and I tend to tackle my friends when I see them. So, ya better watch out. She said pointing to both of the boys, if we become friends you might die of a heart attack when I jump out at you and roll on top of you over the side of a couch like I've done to Aqua dozens of times.

Looking down at Canis when he said that he was hunting for guinea pigs as well. I'm not surprised I didn't see you. I found at least three, maybe four and I kept one of them and then stopped looking. She paused and examined the two boys, watching their expressions carefully and then continued. I did find a snake hiding in a feed bag that I found a guinea pig in though and I almost wet my pants. She shivered at the memory, but still managed one of her perky smiles and a laugh.

(I saw that I forgot to put an outfit in my first post, so I just thought I'd put it here http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/10.gif **OUTFIT**)

--------------------
user posted imageSisters[/URL]||Uniform||Telepathy||Wand||Home||Isabella||Sizzle||Shipper||Family Tree||Profile||Callboard|
Set by Melora! Ability by Melora! Sisters by Natural Babe @Caution! user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 12:20 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Canis had noticed a sudden change in Alli. Whatever had happened, now she really seemed friendly. He found that he liked her. And she had humor, he noticed, when she said he'd probably been looking for a unicorn in the greenhouse. He grinned at her when she made that remark.

He had never met an older girl, actually, anyone at all, who had introduced themselves as the friendliest person ever. He was a bit shocked that she said she'd tackle them unexpectedly. "You're only kidding about the tackling, right?" He could see her tackle Aqua, who happened to be his mentor, sure, because that was another girl, but him or Calder? He made a mental note to look out for her.

Then Alli talked about the guinea pigs. Sounded about right, he had found three as well, one on his own and two with Anna. But... "You found one in a bag with a snake? A live snake? Do you know what it was? Had it hurt the guinea pig? Did you tell the Professor?" Canis was all wide-eyed, and then he realized that there had been more exciting information earlier. "You really kept one?" he asked, dumbstruck. "I didn't know we could. Where are you keeping it? In the dorm?"

OUTFIT plus his usual cloak and Gryffindor scarf

(Now Canis' writer knows how to create outfits, too!)

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Allison Rose
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 02:06 PM

Gryffindor Seventh Year
649 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alli laughed when Canis seemed shocked about the thought of a girl tackling him. Ya, I probably wouldn't tackle you cause your a bit small and I wouldn't wand to hurt you. You might want to watch out though, when I'm in my seventh year cause, you'll be in your third year and you won't be so fragile. She winked at Calder and said, which means you might want to look out. Wow, Alli hadn't had fun with the guys in forever. It wasn't flirting, because of the age difference, but Alli could sometimes come across as flirty when she was with guys her own age. So, what kind of plant are you looking for Calder? She asked casually.

(That's great Canis http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/1.gif It's great for a first outfit too, so good job)

This post has been edited by Allison Rose: Jan 29 2012, 02:07 PM

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Calder Eldridge
 Posted: Jan 30 2012, 12:19 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
409 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

“I am not finding anything here guys. I might do better looking at things in the herbology section of the library.” He gave a weak smile as he placed the last plant down. He really wanted to get something for his mum and was just having no luck. He was hoping that other people might have ideas but so far not so good. Calder looked from one to the other as they seemed to be in their own world talking about when they hunted for guinea pigs. Calder scuffed his toe against the ground as he waited to see if they had anything to add.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Jan 30 2012, 12:54 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Canis thought a bit. "If roses are too difficult, how about a flowering cactus for your mom?" he suggested to Calder. His mother always enjoyed those, and they did not need to be taken care of at all. And then he added, "Or maybe there is something you like in one of the other greenhouses? Is this the only one that we can go in without classes?" he asked and looked at Alli. She was older, she might know.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Calder Eldridge
 Posted: Jan 30 2012, 01:43 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
409 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

"I am not sure how well a catus would do in Yorkshire in the winter. Its pretty cold and wet during that time of year." Calder said in thought once more. He ran a hand through his blonde hair as he thought because it was just so hard. At Canis' next suggestion he just shook his head. "There could be something that could kill us in the others so there is no point in trying to go in there."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Jan 30 2012, 05:07 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"It's cold and wet on the south coast, too, in the winter," Canis replied, "and ours are always fine." He was referring to the life of a cactus in his house. "What's it for, anyway? Is it her birthday?" Not that it mattered, Canis had run out of ideas. He wasn't a flower kind of guy and didn't know half the names of those his parents always brought in. He could clearly see that Calder was intent on finding something and didn't want to be insensitive, but he couldn't help adding "Really? A plant that could kill us? Do you think we could at least have a look?" We, he thought, I'm not going by myself.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Calder Eldridge
 Posted: Jan 31 2012, 03:10 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
409 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

"Just a gift to send her." Calder said after Canis asked. He was considering the cactus now since it would need less care. He chewed his lip as he thought and looked at the younger boy when he asked if they could go into one of the other greenhouses. After a moment Calder nodded his head. "We can but we have to be extremely careful." He was warning Canis since he did not want detention for just looking at some plants in a greenhouse they may or may not be allowed in because they were too young or the plants too deadly. He gave this greenhouse a final look and a sigh before motioning to Canis. "Come on we best go look while we are here."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Jan 31 2012, 05:07 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Canis was excited that Calder agreed to have a look into the other greenhouses. Who knew what he'd see there! He didn't think he had seen a magical plant before. So far, they had all looked pretty normal, here in the greenhouse, on the roof top garden of the central tower, out in the grounds. Which probably wasn't surprising. It wouldn't do to have students eaten in the grounds by a carnivorous plant! Canis smirked at the thought. "Yeah, we'll be careful," Canis echoed, following Calder out of this greenhouse.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Allison Rose
 Posted: Jan 31 2012, 08:51 PM

Gryffindor Seventh Year
649 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alli jumped as her wrist started beeping, well actually it was the digital watch on her wrist that was beeping, but either way Alli jumped pretty high. She checked it and almost jumped out of her pants. Oh jeez! She exclaimed, I'm frickin late. She turned on her heal and booked it out of the greenhouse and back up to the castle for a study session that she had been planning for weeks. It was something only Alli could do, completely space on an event that she had planned herself.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Calder Eldridge
 Posted: Feb 1 2012, 01:26 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
409 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

"Bye Ally..." Calder waved before he pointed the way they were going. He headed out onto the next Greenhouse. Might as well live up to the brave and daring part of his house. Calder hardly ever did but this was one time he could.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Feb 1 2012, 02:44 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Canis jumped a bit as the alarm on Alli's watch went off, because it sounded very loud in the quiet greenhouse. He grinned as she stormed out in a rush. That was often how Canis exited a place, in a rush because he was remembering an appointment too late. "Bye, Alli," Canis echoed Calder, not sure whether she'd still heard it.

Canis liked this 'adventure' with Calder. It felt a bit like being back home with his best friend, trying to steal apples from the neighbour's tree. Or trying to get the socker ball back out of his garden if they had accidentally shot it there. Calder had pointed to the next greenhouse they were going to visit. Canis kept his voice down, just in case, as he asked "Any reason you're picking that one?" And he followed Calder to it.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Annabelle Rukin
 Posted: Feb 7 2012, 05:07 PM

Slytherin Second Year
21 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

(Been almost a week? Sorry if you were planning to continue)

*After being at the castle for a few short days, there was not much that Annabelle had not explored inside the castle. Today she decided to venture out into the cool grounds of the school and view the scenery around her. It was a nice day out, a bit chilly, so Anna was dressed fashionably with her hair worn up and in expensive looking robes emblazoned with the Slytherin crest. Her family was well off and spared no expense for the girl's high standards.*

*She decided to make her ways to the large greenhouses that were set up within a decent walking distance from the castle. Yes, she was dressed nice, and now she was going to probably be getting a bit dirty handling the plants. Annabelle felt she should look her best in any situation though. Not for any reason like to impress people, just because she is vain and enjoys the sight of herself looking fantastic.*

*She opens the doors to the greenhouse and breathes in heavily, taking in the heavenly smell of fresh dirt and soil. To say she loved plants was an understatement. They were so fascinating and underrated just because most could not move of their own free will. People didn't understand plants well enough, but Anna did. It felt as if sometimes she could talk to them, and they would understand her. It felt nice to have something listening to her eleven year old girl problems.*

*Picking out a spot off to the right corner of the room, she pulled up a bench chair next to a potted immature fluxweed plant and begins to murmur softly to it.* Hey there little guy... *Anna says to the small plant as she reaches out and strokes the stem softly with her left hand. A smile crosses her face as she sits there and murmurs to it, wishing it could respond back.*
PM
^
Lacey Lovett
 Posted: Feb 7 2012, 05:53 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
23 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Deciding she needed some fresh air after long hours of reading, Lacey left the castle, hoping to to relax a bit. She ventured further into the grounds than she had ever been before; after all, she just arrived at Hogwarts.

She spotted a well-dressed girl walking alone towards the greenhouses. Curious, she followed. Perhaps this girl was taking Herbology. Since the girl was alone, it wouldn't hurt to ask her some questions she had been wanting to know about the class.

The girl disappeared inside, and at that point Lacey debated whether to enter as well or turn around. She hesitated, but then decided to enter. What was she going to let rule her decision? Her shyness, or desire to learn more about the Herbology class?

Lacey finally walked inside.

The girl did not notice her at first. She seemed to be focused, talking to a plant, although Lacey couldn't hear exactly what she was saying.

"Are you in Herbology?" Lacey asked quietly.
PMEmail
^
Annabelle Rukin
 Posted: Feb 7 2012, 06:32 PM

Slytherin Second Year
21 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

*It was a good few minutes that Annabelle had been talking to the plant, and so distracted was she that she didn't even notice another person enter the greenhouse behind her at first. This was a place that was not often visited by others than the Herbology students that had class at times so she didn't expect anyone to interrupt her as she had her quiet time... Not that she needed it or anything. It had been a long, quiet first few days at Hogwarts. With so much going on at the school still, there had been very few people who Annabelle had met as of yet.*

*She was startled when she heard another voice near the entrance speak. Having her back to the door, she quickly turned around to see another girl, about her own age, had entered the green houses as well. Was she early for class, simply lost, or what?* Excuse me? *She spoke at first, having not heard her say really anything other than Herbology since she was startled. Yet, she guessed at what the girl asked anyways.* No, this isn't Herbology class, I'm just in here.... *She thought a moment before saying talking to the plants and decided to go a different route.* I'm just in here looking around. My father was an accomplished Herbologist so I've been around plant life most of my life. *She explained, not wanting to tell this new person that she enjoyed talking to these plants as well. She didn't need a rumor starting that she was weird or a freak.*
PM
^
Lacey Lovett
 Posted: Feb 7 2012, 07:37 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
23 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Lacey shifted uncomfortably, afraid she had disrupted something.

"I hope I'm not bothering you," Lacey said. Not wanting to be a bother, but also not wanting to leave as this seemed to be a chance to make a friend, she hesitated before pulling a bench out and sitting across from her. "I'm Lacey. May I join you?"

Curiosity being something Lacey was unable to avoid, questions arised in her head like fireworks. This girl seemed to know about plants. What could Lacey learn from her? What was this plant she was....talking to?
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ