View All Announcements

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Middle Of The Room
Bellini Emilia Ava Greco
 Posted: Jun 3 2011, 10:21 AM

Alumni
2644 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
I belive that Fredward is amazing
PMEmail
^
Peter Dereks
 Posted: Jun 4 2011, 10:11 AM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
678 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Peter was wondering about the school for likely the millionth time in his Hogwarts career. He found it soothing besides it was kinda hot outside so he wasn't in the mood for being out on the grounds. He wanted summer term to start. He was waiting to take his OWLs in the fall so he wanted to take a bunch of fun classes for the summer. Maybe rack up some quills for later use. It wouldn't be long now until his little sister would be starting at Hogwarts. Little Daniellea he hadn't seen her much since she'd gone to Italy for Elementary wizarding school. He remembered being her age and how he had never left America it wasn't till Hogwarts he was able to leave. Daniellea on the other hand was born in America and went to London with his parents after he started at Hogwarts then after a few years of normal Elementary school his mom decided to send to to Italy to a wizarding elementary school. Well enough about Daniellea despite the fact she was on his mind he had ended up in a classroom on the third floor. He didn't remember how he had arrived there but he didn't question it and sat down in a desk and stared out a nearby window.

--------------------
user posted image
Set made by me|The Covenant | bro&sis old|Samples of my bannersMember since June 25th 2008
PMEmailYIM
^
Seamus McTiernan
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 05:56 PM

Slytherin Third Year
285 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

(New RP)

Seamus who had been wondering around the castle found himself walking into one of the empty classrooms on the second floor and since no one else was there Seamus then sat down at one of the desks and decided to take a break from his fellow students

(Twia)

--------------------
user posted image
All credit for this awesome banner and avi goes to Anya
PMEmailYIM
^
Twia Baxendale
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 09:54 PM

Unsorted Member
2286 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Alright, it is summer and Twia is at school, taking summer classes. How freaking lame is she? Anyways, she was only there to say bye to friends and professors and stuff, saying bye until classes for the summer started... Anyways she was being awesome and wandering the castle when she saw Seamus. Considering she was wearing >>Her fave outfit<< and she was ready to wrestle she leaned against the door way and cleared her throat. "Heyy." She said with a smirk, she was going to beat him when they sparred.

--------------------
user posted image
^ By me! ^ >My Locket<
PM
^
Seamus McTiernan
 Posted: Jun 14 2011, 03:56 PM

Slytherin Third Year
285 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Upon hearing someone enter the room Seamus turned to see Twia standing in the doorway "Oh hey Twia long time no see, how have you been doing." Seamus said as he turned to face his friend.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Twia Baxendale
 Posted: Jun 14 2011, 04:16 PM

Unsorted Member
2286 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Twia smirked a flirty smirk, she walked over to him. "hey kid. I've been doing good. ready to spar?" She asked stretching from side to side. She did a back walk-over and smiled to him. She was going to win, she was determined. And if you know Twia, when she is determined, she gets what she wants. Always.

--------------------
user posted image
^ By me! ^ >My Locket<
PM
^
Seamus McTiernan
 Posted: Jun 15 2011, 10:26 AM

Slytherin Third Year
285 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"Oh I was born ready." Seamus said with an eager smile on his face as he removed his shirt revealing the white undershirt underneath it.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Twia Baxendale
 Posted: Jun 16 2011, 06:10 PM

Unsorted Member
2286 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Twia laughed at him and took off her jacket exposing her tank top. "Alright kiddo, lets go." She wondered how they were going to do this, if it was going to be like a punching thing, or wrestling. She would let him make the frst move. She pulled her long hair back into a ponytail and cliped her bangs back with a bobbypin and got ready to fight.

--------------------
user posted image
^ By me! ^ >My Locket<
PM
^
Seamus McTiernan
 Posted: Jun 16 2011, 07:07 PM

Slytherin Third Year
285 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"Alright then." Seamus said with an eager smile as got into his boxing stance, throwing jabs into the air as he psyched himself up for the fight that was soon to come. Finally ready Seamus advanced on Twia and threw a hard right hook looking to connect with the left side of Twia's jaw

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Twia Baxendale
 Posted: Jun 16 2011, 07:10 PM

Unsorted Member
2286 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Oh so that's how it was going to be, as he came in with a right hook she dodged and he ended up just scraping the edge of her chin. She went with a left hook, because she was left handed and threw a pretty hard punch. Before she could tell if it made contact she hit upward with her right hand hoping to hit him in the chin. This was fun!

((Anyone who see's this, it is just a game for them smile.gif Don't worry much smile.gif ))

--------------------
user posted image
^ By me! ^ >My Locket<
PM
^
Des Rennin
 Posted: Jun 24 2011, 12:18 PM

Slytherin Fifth Year
582 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Des walked into classroom 2 with her bright red wand in hand. She gripped it tightly, ready to send a spell flying in case someone tries to send one first. She was prepared. She had her newly dyed honey locks brushing her shoulder in a high ponytail. She wore forrest green sweats and black low cut converse. She watched the door, waiting for Tamy.

(Tag:Tamy obviously)

--------------------
user posted image

Thanks so much Melora MacKenna for this INCREDIBLE set! Isn't she lovely, ladies and gentlemen?
user posted imageMy Twixy!My Wand!
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Tamara Levovich
 Posted: Jun 24 2011, 01:29 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
359 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Tamy stalked into the classroom, robes and hair billowing out behind her, only to find Des already there. Good. She turned to face her, wand already out and gripped in her hand.Glad to see you nice and punctual Des. First rule of duelling, always be ready for the unexpected. Never let your guard down. Everte statum! she yelled suddenly, aiming directly at Des. Good aim, as always, and her spell flew towards the younger girl. Best way to learn was through submersion.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Des Rennin
 Posted: Jun 24 2011, 02:05 PM

Slytherin Fifth Year
582 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Des smiled as Tamara came in, and she listened to her words. All of a sudden, a flash of color was flying towards her. She raised her wand and shouted "Protego!" and she ducked. She should have probably moved to the side, but down was what she thought of. As soon as she realized she should move to the left or right, she quickly did and stood back up, focused and careful. She was expecting the spell, actually, because it seemed like something Tamy would do.

--------------------
user posted image

Thanks so much Melora MacKenna for this INCREDIBLE set! Isn't she lovely, ladies and gentlemen?
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Tamara Levovich
 Posted: Jun 28 2011, 06:03 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
359 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

(effort to PM you.I'm lazy.sorry.did you want to continue with this seeing as I have been MIA for your duel with vic, or we can carry on anyway.for general practice?)

Tamy smiled, pleased. Seemed all the young slytherins these days had wonderful reflexes. What were they feeding them?Well done, Test 1 = pass. That was the biggest compliment you were ever gonna get, so take it with open arms. Tamy marched over to Des and held out her hand. Wand? What is it? she asked. Always nice to see what kind of core they had. It usually gave an indication of what sort of talents the witch or wizard possessed. Or could possess. Tamy narrowed her eyes briefly, looking Des over. Small, skinny..but fast. You're second year right?What spells do you know? Cause obviously she had only just been made a second year, so wouldn't know too many of their spells yet. And probably not how to use them. Tamy could help there. She couldn't teach spells above Des's year though. Sorry. She wiated impatiently, wondering what Des would reply, what she wanted to gain from this experience...

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Des Rennin
 Posted: Jun 29 2011, 09:40 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
582 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

(Yup, lets continue. You never know when you might want to use it.)\\

Des handed over her her 11 and 1/2 inch oak wand over to Tamara. Vampire blood was the core and it had mysteriously fallen into a bucket of dye, coloring it blood red. She tried to remember all of the spells she knew so she could list them. In the mean time, she told Tamy what type of wand she had. "Um, oak, 11 and 1/2 inches. Vampire blood." she said. While speaking, she made this list:

Locomotor Mortis
Expelliarmus
Petrificus Totalus
Aguamenti
Hromalaxo
Lumos
Alohomora
Incendio
Wingardium Leviosa
Bullaureus
Riddikulus
Reparo
Rictusempra

She listed those off out loud for Tamy and waited to hear what she had to say about all of it. If you think about it, Des really didn't know many spells at all. She needed to fix that. tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Tamara Levovich
 Posted: Jun 30 2011, 05:32 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
359 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Tamy picked up the wand and twirled it in her hands, looking it over, trying to remember al the stuff she had learnt about wand cores once upon a time. Oak...leader...hmm, she hadn't seen much of that going on yet...and Vampire blood. She handed the wand back to Des and nodded .Nice. Interesting colour....and why do you think that wand chose you? Vampire blood leans towards those adept in the dark arts...do you feel that is where you are headed Des? she asked. Always good to know a persons intention. At the end of the day, the wizard controls the wand, not the other way around.

She nodded slightly to the list of spells Des recited back to her. And, apparently you know the shield charm..well done. Tamys aid with a small smile, Des had missed that one out on her list. Though she already seemed to know it well, so no point recapping. Well, there are a few more useful spells you can learn...the stunning spell for example. This acts similar to the body bind, but the person is fully unconscious, and unaware of their surroundings. Also, simply using Finite, or Finite Incantatem will not work. There is a particular spell...Rennervate...which is used to revive an unconscious person. Tamy flicked her wand at Des, saying Stupefy! and aiming directly for her middle, which would make it especially hard to dodge. She hoped it hit...she just wanted Des to feel what it was like. Experience is a valuable lesson. And if Des was hit, she would be casting the Rennervate spell immediately anyway.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Des Rennin
 Posted: Jun 30 2011, 08:50 PM

Slytherin Fifth Year
582 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Tamy began firing questions at her. After considering each one carefully, ahe began to answer. "I think this wand chose me because it sees potential in me. I definitely want to be involved in the Dark Arts any way possible. It's important to me." she said. Okay, it was a little twisted that Des always dreamed of being a Death Eater when Death Eaters murdered her family, but that wouldn't stop her.

She smiled gently as Ramy complimented her on her sheild charm. As she talked about the stunning charm, she remembered learning that is DADA class. Then, she saw it fly towards her. Suddenly, she was lost in the dark, alone. She felt binded, like she couldn't move

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Tamara Levovich
 Posted: Jul 1 2011, 12:17 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
359 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Tamy heard the reply and nodded. Why wouldnt you want to be involved in the Dark Arts? Jeeez! Anyway, now Des was knocked out, lovely...Rennervate she said calmy, flicking her wand and pointing to the motionless body on the floor. She wouldn't help her up. Tamy didn't help anyone but herself. That's what it feels like to be stunned. Remember, always be ready. she said, flicking dirt from under her nails, and inspecting her own wand for scratches. It's inscription was still there, etched in a thin silver trace, untouched and undamaged. Hmmm what else,,,aim...strategy... resourcefulness. Many many things to learn.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Des Rennin
 Posted: Jul 1 2011, 02:58 PM

Slytherin Fifth Year
582 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Suddenly, she was on the floor, staring up at the ceiling. She was out of her trance and she took this opportunity to jump up. Once she was vertical, she nodded to Tamy, understanding. :Be ready...: she added to a mental list of notes and tidbits Tamy had given her so far. She wondered what would be taught next. She gripped her wand, hoping that if another spell flew her way, that she could block it or something to impress Tamy. She felt the need to prove herself lately, so she'd been trying extremely hard.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Tamara Levovich
 Posted: Jul 2 2011, 02:42 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
359 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Tamy smiled and looked back at Des readying herself in case she tried to hex her again. Obviously, you don't want to end up like that in a duel. Anyway....when you're duelling, take in your surroundings...what could help you, assist you. Is there a chair you can use to distract your opponent, or would the table in the corner make a good shield? So spells like Accio, wingardium leviosa and such, are good to know. This is called being resourceful. Use everything you can to your advantage. Don't rely solely on your wand. Tamy glanced around the room. She took in a the desks and chairs which ahd been pushed to the sides of the room, the old blackboard, and an open cupboard full of old books, parchment, quills and ink bottles. But she may have missed something, so be inventive if there would be something else present. What could you use here to your advatage and how? Tamy asked, looking back at Des as she hopped onto a nearby table top.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Des Rennin
 Posted: Jul 2 2011, 03:46 PM

Slytherin Fifth Year
582 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Des began looking around the room for something she could use. She tried imagining in her mind that she was in a duel. Looking over at a bookshelf, she pointed to it an said "I would use Wingardium Levisoa and throw a book across the room, hoping they'd watch it and while their looking away, you can send a spell like Stupefy towards them without them having time to block." she answered, hoping it was satisfactory.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Tamara Levovich
 Posted: Jul 3 2011, 04:02 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
359 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Tamara nodded. Yes distractions did work. Sometimes. Or...you could throw the book at them..hit them with it. Then attack them whilst they sort themselves out. she suggested. Though she would much rather throw the desk. Or chair. Or something larger and more painful.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Des Rennin
 Posted: Jul 4 2011, 07:18 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
582 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Des nodded at her suggestion. She thought :Man! That would hurt! Though, who cares.: and gave a little smirk. She wondered what she would be taught next. Aim? Dodging? Maybe even spells? She then wondered what spells Tamy would teach her. Spells in her
year, obviously. She wouldn't teach her third year spells..would she? Hopeful thoughts got her nowhere.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Tamara Levovich
 Posted: Jul 5 2011, 12:56 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
359 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

(ugh sorry RL is hectic right now..just started a new job....so gonna have to cut short and do another when i have more free time.sorry)

Tamy have a breif and sarcastic smile. I want you to look up some spells...ones that you will hopefully learn this year. Try them, see if they work...and we can refine some things next time. she ordered as she stood up straight, before turning and striding towards the dorr of the classroom. At the last moment, she turned...Till next time then Des....Confringo! she threw the spell towards Des...nice dramatic exit. Something would explode. Yay for madness and mayhem! Tamy smirked, then left.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Des Rennin
 Posted: Jul 5 2011, 03:43 PM

Slytherin Fifth Year
582 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

(Heehee! No problem! I know how that is. My life is the exact opposite right now, though.)

Des nodded "Got it." she said. She was about to turn and grab her things when she heard Tamy yell "Confringo!" Des dived to the floor, covering her head with her hands when she heard an explosion behind her. She turned to see Tamy gone and the bookshelf in ruins. "Aguamenti." she murmured and made sure the fire was out and left in a hurry so nobody- including Peeves because we all know he is attracted to loud noise -would find her at the scene of the crime. Back to the dungeons.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Julian Stormcrow
 Posted: Jul 23 2011, 09:58 PM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
211 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

((I'm assuming the RP is done here, so I am going to start one.))

Julian strode into the room in frustration. His first class of dirty dueling had not gone at all how he liked. He tried distracting his opponent, but nothing seemed to work. A few squeeks from his pocket confirmed his pet pygmy puff no longer wanted to ride in the secret pocket of his robes. "Alright Lumos, we'll practice in here. This place is as good as any, and I know you want out," Julian calmly addressed his buddy. He set his pygmy puff on a desk and gave him a carrot or two to chew on while he set to work. Julian cleared a few desks out of the center of the room, and set down a few books he had been reading lately including: Othello, Beowulf, Arabian Nights, and one or two spell books. He flipped a spell book open to the stupefy page he'd been studying. He took note of the hand gesture in his mind. Carefully pulling out his 13 inch yew wand from his robes, he held it for a moment. Despite not learning about magic until he was 9 and a half, the half blood felt a little bit like home holding his wand. Time to get business done. He gestured a few times before shouting "Stupefy!" Red sparks shot out of his wand, but not much else happened. He'd need to have patience if he was to succeed. Julian smiled, he liked things better when they were challenging. He raised his wand to try again.

--------------------
user posted image

^Sig credit to TABOO w00t! Profile My Wand

PMAIMYIM
^
Lucija Fulbright
 Posted: Jul 24 2011, 04:29 PM

Ravenclaw Seventh Year
3253 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Lucija was patroooolling! Just kidding, not really. Yeah, it was part of her duties, but she already liked to explore the castle anyway, so it wasn't like it was too far out of her normal routine to walk around like this. If she happened to catch anyone committing 'wrongdoings' of some sort- well, she hoped she wouldn't, anyway.

And yet when she passed by the door to one of the empty classrooms on the third floor, she peeked in just in time to see red sparks shooting out of someone's wand. That 'someone' happened to be none other than, "Jujube!" The nickname she used for him in her head slipped out without her realizing it. "Trying to burn the castle down?" she teased, grinning mischievously. Waggling her brows, she stayed by the door. If this was a private practice session, she didn't really want to be interrupting more than she already had.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Julian Stormcrow
 Posted: Jul 24 2011, 08:00 PM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
211 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

This time he was going to get it right. Julian gripped his wand with conviction, imagining the proper execution of the spell. Suddenly, the silence was pierced by a familiar voice, and Julian jumped as his concentration was utterly shattered. He looked up, slightly embarrassed since he was caught practicing spells. Wait, did she just call me Jujube? The tension was relieved almost as quickly as it had arrived.

"Jujube? That's a pretty good one. I've never had anyone call me that before," Julian declared as a grin spread across his face. "Come on Luc, you know if I was going to burn the castle down, it wouldn't be intentional." Julian certainly enjoyed to joke around, and didn't mind poking fun at himself. "I had trouble in dirty dueling earlier. I wanted to practice some because I got beat pretty badly by a 1st year Gryffindor. The only reason I didn't lose was because the professor ended class. My robes got a little singed too." Julian finished in a more disappointed tone. He ruffled the bottom of his robes to show the damage. Only the bottom had been singed, but the repair job was far from complete. Some tattered evidence was apparent where simple repair spells hadn't fully done their job. Another section was shoddily patched and sewn up. It was a great effort for a 12-year-old, but there was no hiding the damage.

"I decided to come here and practice a bit." He pointed at some of his books, "I've also read up on some classic villains. I'm plotting for my next match since I have a Slytherin partner now. It certainly won't be an easier. I was thinking I might try and disturb a wasp nest or something. It should be pretty dirty and distracting if I hit one of those right?" He let out a short sigh. This wasn't sounding very dirty yet. "You are in dirty dueling, right? How did you do? I thought I saw you while I was trying to dodge a few stray stupefy spells. That class gets kind of wild."

((Whoops, that got longer than I expected. Don't feel like you have to match that.))

This post has been edited by Julian Stormcrow: Jul 24 2011, 08:23 PM

--------------------
user posted image

PMAIMYIM
^
Lucija Fulbright
 Posted: Jul 25 2011, 03:25 AM

Ravenclaw Seventh Year
3253 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"'Twas the first thing that popped into my head. Those are the best kind, after all." Lucija smiled warmly at him, and the nickname he had given her, then laughed out loud when he didn't deny being a potential arsonist. She listened to his summary of the class since she had been far too wrapped up in her own 'duel' to really pay too much attention to the others, aside from the occasional dodging here and there. "As long as you got out in one piece, yeah?" Even if his clothes barely managed to survive. Unfortunately, she wasn't really that advanced a spell-caster either, or she would help him fix some of what she could see. It really wasn't that bad, but she chose not to comment further.

She nodded. "I can see that. Any luck?" Nope, she didn't ask if he wanted or needed any help, nor did she feel much like double-checking if he was aware of the rule not to use spells above his year outside of classes. It didn't seem to her like anything to worry about, especially considering how he seemed to be struggling as it was. Listening to his idea for the next lesson, she just shrugged her shoulders. "I wouldn't worry too much about how 'dirty' or 'distracting' something would be, as long as you win no matter what it takes. And yeah, I'm in that class. The Professor's hard to impress." ::Though actually I'm not all that impressed with -her-,:: she thought privately to herself. "As for me, I did fine, I thought. My shining moment, literally, was probably when I used the Patronus Charm to trick him into thinking there was a lethifold behind him." Her expression was both proud and devilish as she said it.

((it just goes to show you've never RP'ed with me before. biggrin.gif))

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Julian Stormcrow
 Posted: Jul 25 2011, 10:46 AM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
211 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Got out in one piece? Lucija made a good point: Julian hadn't ended up in the healing ward. "Eh, my practicing is going ok I guess. I still make a lot of mistakes, but I get stupefy right about 3 times out of 10 now instead of once out of ten. My form just isn't there yet. I wish I was better at it like my mum, but I'm only on my second year of using magic." Julian certainly lacked experience, but who didn't at that age? He shrugged his shoulders. There was still time to improve.

"Yeah, I don't understand the professor. I used Locomortor in order to animate a vine and crawl up my opponents leg like a snake. I thought that was pretty distracting, but then the professor reprimanded everyone for not being creative. I was trying." Julian pondered Luc's suggestion about the professor not being impressive. She had a good point. "Come to think of it, all of the professor's stunts were pretty lame. She cried werewolf and then used stupefy. That has got to be one of the oldest tricks in the books." This made Julian realize his tactical blunder. He was reading classic books for inspiration. Wouldn't those only have old tricks? He glanced over and noticed Lumos had opened up Beowulf and was happily looking at the pages. The pygmy puff then turned the page and studied the next one. ::Can Lumos read? Since when can he do that?::

Julian's ears perked up when Luc mentioned her patronus. He'd heard about them, but he couldn't cast one himself. He always wanted to, but hadn't gotten to the level of aptitude to pull it off. "You can summon a patronus!? That is so cool!" She mentioned a lethifold. Julian had no idea what that was. He was quite uninformed of the world of wizardry. "You scared your partner with a lethifold? That sounds so cool. Is that some sort of magical leopard or something? I hope my patronus is that cool." Maybe she'd be willing to stick around for a moment and show him how pros handle magic. "Do you have a moment? I already rearranged the room if you want to practice a bit. One of my spellbooks should have some more interesting spells you can cast too. I'm sticking to second year spells, but the books cover more than that." It might be nice if he could get a bit of advice as well, but just chilling with a familiar face was great too.

--------------------
user posted image

PMAIMYIM
^
Lucija Fulbright
 Posted: Jul 25 2011, 06:41 PM

Ravenclaw Seventh Year
3253 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Lucija's laugh was good-natured, not derisive in the slightest. "That's most definitely an improvement. Pretty good for a second year," She agreed, especially since she wasn't too much better as a third year. "I'm actually not the best spellcaster either, when I'm still learning a new one. But once I've got it down, I've got it down." Then it was just a matter of keeping her concentration up, improving her aim and reflexes, etc, but those were all weaknesses she didn't really need to tell anyone. They'd see for themselves soon enough once they were facing off against her.

"She probably wasn't really able to see everything that was going on. That many students and that many spells flying around in one spot? Then again, even if the reprimand was directed at 'everyone,' she probably only really meant a handful of people." She shrugged again, not really wanting to talk about that Professor. Hey, nobody said she had to like everyone. Noticing him looking at a book, she followed his gaze in time to see... a page turning by itself? No, wait. What the heck? "Puffball." No, she wasn't trying to make a derisive comment about Hufflepuffs. Then she remembered. "Ah! He was there at the weeding job, wasn't he? Rolling around in the dirt. Wait. Is the pygmy puff male or female? I don't remember." She smiled, walking into the room finally, as she walked closer to the fluffy thing to see it better. And maybe touch and poke it, if it didn't mind.

Jujube sounded excited when he asked her about her patronus, so she looked up at him again and grinned. "Mm? Yeah. Nightingale. Was tough to learn. That was a pain in the arse class, Advanced Dark Creatures, but it was worth it. I think I wouldn't advise anyone to take it as a second year like I did, though. Struggled through the missions quite a bit since I didn't know as many spells as the older students." Her brow furrowed slightly when she remembered the slightly bungled acromantula one. She won in the end, but came out quite a mess. And then there was the dementor... that sucked a lot. The mere memory of that unpleasant experience was enough to make her shudder. "I scared my partner by pretending there was one behind him. It worked, because he was in the same class as me and knew what it was."

He then wanted to know what a lethifold was -the magical leopard comment made her giggle-, so she informed him. "A lethifold is basically... like a living shroud. Looks like a black cloak, somewhat like a dementor, except without scabby hands, and without the accompanying depressing chill. It just sneaks up on people in the middle of the night while they're asleep in bed, suffocates them, digests them, and goes as stealthily as it came, without leaving a trace of itself or its victim." She widened her eyes for effect and waggled her fingers at him. "Getting it to back off is the same way as with a Dementor." She could show off at this point if she wanted to, but nah.

"I have a moment," she began. "Never actually got down to practice spells with someone before, though. Not outside of class, anyway." She didn't really need to look at a book for the spells she already knew how to do, but she looked over the pygmy puff's shoulder (do pygmy puffs have shoulders?!) anyway. "How's about you continue with what you were doing before I interrupted, and maybe I'll be able to give a tip or two."

((http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/10.gif and so it begins. novel posts!!!))

user posted image

This post has been edited by Prof. Travis Blair: Dec 14 2011, 09:16 AM

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Julian Stormcrow
 Posted: Jul 25 2011, 09:01 PM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
211 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Wow, it was certainly a relief to know other students had to work to learn spells as well. Julian struggled sometimes, and many other students seemed to do everything with ease. Maybe there was still hope for him yet. Luc might have laughed at his explanation for practicing, but she certainly sounded like this was an obstacle he could overcome.

"That's Lumos, and he's male." Julian stated with a smile. He turned to his pet as his eyes softened a bit. Julian loved his pet, and Lumos loved his master. Although they had only known each other for a year, anyone who observed the two would think they had known each other for a lifetime. "My mum knew that in the store, and the store owner confirmed it. To tell you the truth, I don't actually know how either of them knew." Julian still pondered how to tell the gender of a pygmy puff. They didn't cover that last semester in care of magical creatures. "I'm glad you remember him. Do you remember Lucija, Lumos?" The pygmy puff looked up from the battle between Beowulf and Grendel's mother. He let out a happy chirp of confirmation. "Looks like you are in luck, he seems to have a good memory for girls among other things." Lumos followed up with putting on his adorable eyes trying to earn a free petting or scratching.

Julian turned back to the conversation at hand. "Well, I certainly can't wait to learn what my patronus is. I should probably take some defense against the dark arts classes. Who knows, I might find a knack for such things." This was a little doubtful seeing as Julian had to practice basic spells like stupefy. Who knows when hidden talents can arise though? "A Nightengale patronus? Now that is pretty neat. Not to mention that is an awesome distraction. I would have fell for it too if I had known a lethifold was so dangerous." Julian's halfblood status was showing again. He didn't mind though. That only seemed to matter to a few select purebloods anyway, or the rare muggleborn.

"Yeah, I think I could use a pointer or two. Make sure to be on guard though, I never seem to know what is going to happen. If I told you to be prepared, it would be an under statement." With that, he pulled out his 13'' yew wand again. He took a deep breath and tried to relax. Strange how it takes the presence of another person to realize the tranquility of practicing alone. He was a little anxious in front of his friend. He shrugged it off though, reminding himself that he was still just practicing. In that fraction of a moment, conviction and determination heightened within him. Theory and ideals transformed into action. He swished his wand forward with a grand, "Stupefy!" A red jet spurt forth from his wand, but it split in two and spiraled into the corners of the room. Lucky for him, one of the jets fizzled out as it hit the wall. The other ricocheted out of the corner, but was halted by a chair Julian had aptly moved in front of it. "That's about what happens most of the time. I get close, but something isn't there yet. Do you have any suggestions? I'll also give you a chance to back out if you are worried about what else could go wrong..."

((Nice job on your new sig by the way. I like to make my own too, although I don't always have time.))
((I realize I am second year and not in DADA since it isn't offered in the summer. I PMed DK about this technicality, so staff please bear with me.))

This post has been edited by Julian Stormcrow: Jul 26 2011, 07:04 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PMAIMYIM
^
Lucija Fulbright
 Posted: Jul 26 2011, 03:30 AM

Ravenclaw Seventh Year
3253 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"Ah! Lumos," Lucija repeated the name and beamed at the fluffball, giving it a small wave. "Guess we know what your favorite spell is, eh?" Not really, but it was cute. She thought randomly that Jujube should get a black one next and name it Nox. She didn't dwell too long on how Juju's (new nickname!) mom and the storeowner new. Just one of those things she'd rather not think about. And she didn't comment on the 'remembering' part that until recently had been extra flawed on her part. Fortunately, that chapter of her life was closed now, and she was back to having all of her memories again. The little critter was sooo cute! And made the most adorable little chirping noise! He didn't even have t[ use those eyes since she was already scooping him up to nuzzle him.

From the looks of it, as she glanced from one to the other, she could indeed tell there was an uncanny closeness there. She'd be envious, except she shared somewhat a similar relationship with her own pet, a raven she considered to be her own private stalker. When she thought of him, her glance immediately went to the windows to check that they were closed, which fortunately they were, else there might've been a risk of that darned greedy bird flying in and trying to make off with the pygmy puff. She nuzzled him again one more time before putting him back down on the book to go back to his reading. "Ahhh! You're soo soft! Like cotton candy! I could just eat you!" She teased, before turning her attention back to his master.

She nodded agreement. "Most all the Basics should at the very least be covered, methinks. Doesn't matter if you don't like them, or are bad at them, but Basic DADA, Basic Potions, Basic Charms, Basic Herb, etc. are all useful to learn." That was just her personal opinion, though. "You know, I thought for sure my Patronus would be a raven or a wolf or something, but goes to show. Instead I've got a tiny bird with a pretty voice, when I can hardly sing with mine." She wondered sometimes, but didn't let it bother her. And the fact he didn't know about lethifolds was no surprise to her. She was pureblood, but it wasn't common knowledge, she didn't think.

Grinning at his precaution, she did oblige and got her wand out, a 7" hickory, just in case she needed to cast Protego or put out a fire or something. She remained looking fairly relaxed, though, not afraid at all, something which she hoped can ease some of the tension she could practically feel emanating from him. And then he cast the spell that seemed to be a class favorite, and she just watched as it- no, both- whiffed past and moved elsewhere. She rubbed her chin thoughtfully, trying to remember if she'd seen something like that happen before. Looking at where one had hit the wall, and the spot where the other had bounced, she asked, "What were you aiming at exactly? Didn't look like you wanted to hit me, but maybe you should have. Unlike Lumos-" She winked at the puffball. "Where you don't need a specific direction to cast, with Stupefy, you do. Maybe you need an actual target." She didn't rise just yet, but she offered, "It shouldn't hurt me if you hit me, and in class you need to practice hitting a live partner anyway. If you're up for it, we'll move more chairs out of the way, I can stand in place, and then you can do it. Sound good?"

((... -LAWL- that sig is one I made when I first joined back in January. I've gotten better since then, methinks))

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Julian Stormcrow
 Posted: Jul 26 2011, 10:33 AM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
211 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Julian was certainly glad Luc and Lumos were getting along. The pygmy puff seemed to get along with most everyone, but reminders of friendship are always welcome.

Mastering the basics. She had a good point. "Luckily I've already taken charms. I did alright in it. I am interested in potions and DADA, but obviously those weren't offered this summer." He couldn't tell if Luc was a little disappointed or surprised to find out her patronus was a Nightengale, but he thought it was neat. "Well, your patronus might not be intimidating, but it still sounds really neat. I bet it works really well too."

After surviving the stupefy gone wrong spell, Julian noticed Luc had prudently armed herself with her wand. Luc was quick to suggest he needed a target. "Yeah, aiming at a target is a good idea. I remember reading that in the book, but the detail didn't stand out since I'm used to casting more charm related spells. I never had to aim Lumos." Julian's body locked up as Luc suggested aiming the spell at her. ::My goodness, what happens if I screw up now!?:: Julian had to calm his nerves. "Well, you do make a point that it shouldn't hurt you. I am a little worried, but let's clear the area a bit better and give it a shot." He started to clear the desks a bit more. Lumos had gotten to Beowulf fighting the dragon, so Julian was careful to move the desk as to not disrupt his reading. ::Geeze, I'm already assuming he's reading. Better not to get distracted by that now though.::

After dragging some desks to make a bigger clearing, Julian moved a rug on the floor to a closer proximity behind Luc. It wasn't much of a cushion, but it was better than hitting the stone floor directly if Julian's stupefy went off properly. "Alright, are you ready?" Julian questioned as he brushed off his hands and readied his wand again. The anxiety rose up within him again. He calmly renewed his efforts and reminded himself this is how all great wizards started at some point. With great patience and resolution, he raised his wand once again. He gave a warning nod to Luc before firmly articulating,

"Stupefy!"

--------------------
user posted image

PMAIMYIM
^
Lucija Fulbright
 Posted: Jul 27 2011, 06:05 PM

Ravenclaw Seventh Year
3253 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Lucija nodded in understanding, though she was enjoying almost all her classes this Term, even if they weren't the kind that were usually offered. She clarified laughingly, "Well, I wasn't really worried about it being intimidating or not. I think it's cute, and probably suits me, it's just a matter of figuring out how. What is symbolic about a nightingale that applies to me? I just wonder, is all. But I'm glad I have enough 'good will' in me to have a solid manifestation. Though have yet to see if it would be able to drive off a real Dementor or lethifold." Since it was in a class setting, though she wasn't completely sure how the Professor managed to pull it off, they were very realistic dark creatures, but still only imitations of the actual ones.

She grinned wryly at his reaction, but she appreciated his apprehension, as well as his concern for her safety, enough that he wanted to make her fall as 'comfy' as possible. Moving to stand squarely in position, she held up a finger as if to say 'one moment,' then pointed her wand behind her and said, "Spongify." There was a kind of squelching noise, but nothing popped up behind her. Actually, something did, but it was practically invisible, and only certain angles of light would reveal a purplish shimmer that indicated she had conjured a cushion there. "And there we go. Now I'm ready." She flashed him an encouraging smile, and waited.

The red bolt went straight at her, and she only barely had time enough to admire his impeccable aim, when it hit her. On the nose. It instantly felt numb, a truly odd sensation, and it slowly began to spread. Her right foot slid backwards to compensate for a sudden feeling of nearly losing her balance, seeing a graying (not blackening) around her field of vision. It was very slow. Too slow. She should've been knocked out instantly, but instead she still had wit enough about her to raise her arm, point her own wand at herself, and perform "Rennervate." She enunciated the word clearly, and slightly exaggerated the wand movement (which was the exact opposite of the one for Stupefy) probably for his benefit, so he would know how to bring her back should he succeed. She blinked, and waited again for her senses to fully return, then shook her head as if to clear it.

"You've got it. No splitting of the spell, which is good, and what we wanted, but you still need a bit more..." She searched for the proper word. "...'oomph'?" Not quite right, but good enough. "Put a little more force behind it when you try again. Just a little. Magic is largely backed by intention and will, so abandon any shred of doubt you might still have, don't worry about hurting me, and you should be able to pull it off right this time." This time she pocketed her own wand, before resuming her position from before. "Ready."

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Julian Stormcrow
 Posted: Jul 28 2011, 08:46 AM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
211 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

She had a nightengale patronus, but she had never used it to drive away a dementor or lethifold. That was certainly a scary thought. What would happen if a patronus failed to drive them off? What if panic set in when such dangers approached? The thoughts chilled Julian for a moment, settling into reality. Well, hopefully practice sessions such as these would eventually prepare him for any dire situations. Best not to fret worrying about such problems that had not arisen yet. It could certainly drive anyone crazy.

"Spongify? That looks handy. I'll have to remember to learn that one one of these days. It puts my non-magical solutions to shame." Julian really like that solution. He was slowly learning to think both in the magical and non-magical sense. He still relied on mostly non-magical means, but the magic side was starting to develop. Why not work smarter instead of harder?

Julian was much more satisfied with the result of his spell this time. The red jet screamed towards Luc and scored a direct hit. It looked like she was shocked for a moment, which scared Julian. However, she seemed to snap out of it, much like one adjusts to the sudden surprise of jumping in a pool of cold water. Julian then registered her casting Rennervate to nullify the spell. "That's right, rennervate counters that. I'm actually not bad at that one. I try to practice the defensive spells first before I learn the offensive counter parts." He went through the wand motion, reversing the movement of stupefy, just to show he had it. He tended to follow the school of thought that to launch a good attack, it is often useful to know how to defend from it first. It's easier to see openings and such that way.

Julian intently listened to the critique Luc provided. "That is some really good advice. I'll try to eliminate my doubts while sharpening my will and intention. You gave a really good summary of how to cast a spell there." Julian spent half a moment to ponder this before readying for a second volley. He had to eliminate all doubt. Maybe he should play it safe and take a step or two back in order to give Luc time to use protego. Wait, he was doing it again, he was already weakening his intention to hit his target with stupefy. If he was going to do this with right effort, he'd have to nail the intention of stupefying Luc. The corners of his mouth rose a bit to give off a grin of confidence that had been conjured by his realization. "Alright Luc, I won't go easy this time." He swept his wand forward bodly and with more self-assurance than before.

"Stupefy!" His voice rang in the room as a red jet spurt out of the front of his wand.

((Hope you don't mind the observations Julian made about hitting with stupefy. I thought they were removed enough to not really be GMing.))

--------------------
user posted image

PMAIMYIM
^
Lucija Fulbright
 Posted: Jul 28 2011, 09:40 AM

Ravenclaw Seventh Year
3253 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"Yeaaah, it really is. But knowing non-magical solutions is still a good thing. Magic's so awesome and does make loads of things much easier, but then there's a risk of falling into the trap of getting too dependent on your wand, too. So I like to think of still learning things to do things the Muggle way as... a 'just in case' my wand breaks or gets lost kind of precautionary measure, yanno?" Well, Lucija hated to think she would ever be so careless as to break or lose her wand, but it could happen, and she didn't want to be left overly helpless without it. "I learned Spongify in Flying class last Term, for making the seat of the broomstick more comfy, as well as a kind of emergency measure in case one of us falls off and stuff. Prior to that, in Basic DADA, my partner and I brought pillows from our Dorm to the practice area." She grinned, and waggled her eyebrows at him in such a way that could only be characterized as comical. It was a very typical Luci move.

After she had been hit by the first Stupefy Juju had cast, she smiled and nodded when he showed he understood what she was trying to do, and was already aware of it. She gave a thumbs-up and again braced herself for what she had a feeling would come next. Her grin matched his, though hers was part amusement, since she was imagining what was going through his head as his expression changed. The red bolt came at her again, and even though she was already expecting it, and was familiar with its effects, her heartbeat sped up anyway. She guessed it was a typical reaction to any kind of att-

And she was out like a light! Her body was thrown back a short distance by the force of Jujube's spell, so it was a good thing she had anticipated that when she cast her Cushioning Charm earlier. She fell limply backwards and landed on it with a soft-sounding FLUMP. There were no thoughts, no dreams, no sense or awareness. Just blackness.

((no worries. you're fine))

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Julian Stormcrow
 Posted: Jul 29 2011, 12:46 PM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
211 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Excitement, fear, accomplishment, and confusion all seemed to swarm Julian at once. He'd finally cast stupefy properly at his own will! On the downside, he'd also just stunned his friend. He had mixed feeling of either to jump for joy or to make sure his friend was ok. After the wave of emotions rolled threw, Julian's logic quickly kicked back in. It was time to get Luc back.

He walked forward, reversing the motion in his arm, "Rennervate." Luckily he had practiced this spell much more, so it was a no brainer by now. He was a little shocked from just hitting his friend with such a common dueling spell. He was able to reassure himself though by remembering all the precautions they took. It's also a good thing that spongify worked.

Julian walked back and began closing his spell book. "Hey Luc, thanks for helping me out with that. I think I have it down now. If I need anymore practice, I can use Lumos as a target next time." A devious grin spread across his face. Lumos, on the other hand, jumped in shock. He stared up from Beowulf with huge eyes of fear. "Just kidding buddy, I wouldn't do that to you." The pet let out a small sigh of relief. "Hopefully this will prepare me better. I have a Slytherin partner, and I have no intention of losing to her in dirty dueling." Julian swished his wand around once or twice, as if to mime a finishing blow on a defeated Slytherin opponent. "I'm guessing you have other things to do? Surely you weren't wandering Hogwarts out of boredom."

((I'm Lucija wants to leave soon? She usually doesn't stick around, and I don't want the RP to get stale.))

--------------------
user posted image

PMAIMYIM
^
Lucija Fulbright
 Posted: Jul 29 2011, 06:51 PM

Ravenclaw Seventh Year
3253 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Lucija's pinky twitched, the first and only sign that Jujube's spell had worked. She was aware that regaining senses took much more time than losing them, so she took her time. Her hearing returned completely first, so she was able to hear him talk, but wasn't able to respond just yet. It sounded funny, though, and she could just imagine the cute horrified look on the puffball's face when he said what he did.

Her eyes fluttered open, and she blinked them a few times as she tested her limbs before slowly getting up off the invisible cushion and dusting herself off. "Nice job," she croaked. Clearing her throat, she tried again, clearer this time. "Nice job, I mean." He said something about her having things to do, and she tried to remember. Well, actually, there was always things to do, so she actually couldn't quite understand the people who said they had nothing. Quirking her lip in a lopsided grin, she replied, "I'm hardly ever bored, but I wander anyway." She cracked the bones in her neck, and shook out her limbs. Content that they were back in full working order, she waggled her brows at him and said, "Well, I'm glad to help, so if I have, that's awesome. I'll leave you to it, then." She gave him a playful mock-salute in lieu of a wave, and was gone out the door, without Finite-ing away the cushion. It would vanish on its own eventually, so hopefully nobody tripped on it before then.

((how do you know she doesn't always stick around? haha! but yeah. she runs, sometimes. this time, she wouldn't really, but i agree about RPs and not wanting them to drag out. i actually still don't really know when's the 'right time' to stop, but yeah))

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Alestis Imeacht
 Posted: Sep 5 2011, 04:49 AM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
1438 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alestis had her cauldron behind her, she had had to get a new one the last time she was in diagon alley as she happened to ruin her first one in another prank. it was now permanently part of the Dungeons staircase as well as the tree, the only part of the swamp that her and Bee had flooded the place with.

she shouldered her way into the empty classroom and plonked her cauldron down on the ground. then she pulled out her wand and scraps of her summer classes journals which she no longer needed and set fire to them with a quick - "incendio" charm.

she placed the cauldron on its stand over the fire and pulled out the nice smelly soap that Angie had given her over the summer. she chucked it into the cauldron to melt and sat back to wait for Les who was coming with the poison ivy.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Lestatia Saphira LeGrande
 Posted: Sep 5 2011, 07:16 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia came into the room with a small bookbag hanging off her shoulder, a small plastic baggy full of poison ivy leaves inside it, as she entered the room. Spotting Alestis, she grinned and closed the door behind her. "Hey, you don't mind if a couple friends help out do you?" She asked, thinking of Ed. She knew he wanted to help with this, and she also knew Salena would want to help.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Alestis Imeacht
 Posted: Sep 6 2011, 11:21 AM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
1438 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alestis cracked and evil smile when she saw Les come into the room and she knelt up.

"no of course not! the more the better!" she smiled thinking that they could use more back up when it came to the Slytherins.

she looked into the cauldron and poked it with her wooden spoon, it wasn't melted yet, but it was on its way.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Meg Falconer
 Posted: Sep 6 2011, 03:54 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
591 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Meg was lost agin the castle was soo confusing. " im sorry did inturupt you she said looking up"

--------------------
user posted image Thanks to Neilan Logavick dueling-PLOT APROVED/ALL WELCOME!-SHIPPER-PROFILE MEG'S WRITER IS GONE FROM APRIL 19 TO THE 21ST!!
PM
^
 Posted: Sep 7 2011, 03:14 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia grinned at Alestis. Good, she'd already invited her two hufflepuff friends. She wondered if Gabbi would have been interested, but she wasn't able to find her. She then started giggling. "Seems like we have at least one person 'represent' each of the other 3 houses for this." She said, smirking slightly. Alestis from Gryffindor, Les from Ravenclaw, Ed and Sal from Hufflepuff. Awesome.

Just then someone else poked their head in and Lestatia turned around, worried it might be a professor or slytherin coming to ruin their plans. She smiled in relief when she saw it was just a lost little first year.
"Yeah, you're lost aren't you?" She said, glancing at Alestis. She decided to leave this up to Alestis. The girl was from her house, after all. Les didn't even know how to get to the gryffindor tower. She'd never gone there, she realized.

--------------------
^
Alestis Imeacht
 Posted: Sep 7 2011, 03:32 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
1438 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"perfect," Alestis smiled, she was happy with having other hufflepuffs involved, no doubt they had been affected by something this girl had done.

just then a little gryffindor poked her head around the corner, maybe she was looking for something, she sent a quick look at the cauldron, hoping that there wasn't anything suspicious about it... yet.

she hopped up after Les had asked her if she was lost, "hey pet, we're just in the middle of something, we could meet up and chat later if you want," she smiled and then popped back into the room.

"where are your ingredients then?"
she asked Les, she always liked to have everything ready.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
 Posted: Sep 7 2011, 04:41 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia waited until the little girl -ha, little. She was probably taller than Les- had left, then smirked a bit and pointed at her bookbag, which she set down. "I just love magic.." She said, grinning slightly. She laid her bookbag on the floor, then knelt down and reached in.

The bookbag was like a blue totebag with the ravenclaw emblem on the front, and bronze colored handles. She tugged and tugged at something inside, and finally pulled out.. a cauldron.
"Forgot what spell that is, but I saw those in the store and just had to have one." She said with a nod at the bag, which had been enchanted with the spell that makes a bag or something have a lot more room inside than it should naturally hold, and so it never weighs over 1lb. "I figured we might need more than one cauldron. Also, I didn't know if you would be bringing yours." She smiled a little and set the cauldron up near Alestis'.

She next pulled out a little baggy with some leaves inside. Then she realized something.
"Hmm. I just thought of something. I read somewhere that if you burn poison ivy or something, that the fumes and stuff can like, get in your lungs and stuff. Which would be really bad. For us, you know..?" She wondered how they would cook the stuff down enough to get the oil or juices or whatever to add it to the soap, without getting affected by the stuff themselves.

--------------------
^
Alestis Imeacht
 Posted: Sep 8 2011, 02:26 AM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
1438 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alestis pondered this problem while Les was setting up her own cauldron.

"maybe if we just mash it up? i don't think we need to actually cook it, we just needed to get the soap to melt and then chuck it in, but we need to mash it up really finely so it looks good," she thought aloud, poking the melting soap, it was nearly ready now, just a little hard bit in the center left.

"i have some hand cream too, we could put it in that as well..." she thought looking at her own battered old leather bag that had been her dads when he was going to hogwarts. she looked at Les's impressive co-ordinated bag with an impressed nod, "that's lovely," she said, "where did you get it? would they have one in Gryffindor colours?"

her own bag had the tell tale slytherin emblem all over the inside stitching of it, she had to take care when opening it sometimes if she was around anti-slytherin folk, But she couldn't help which house her dad had been in. Still, maybe it was time she got her own bag, especially one that was bigger on the inside. (shameless Doctor Who ref!!)

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Salena Lionheart
 Posted: Sep 8 2011, 02:40 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
286 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Salena walks up and sees a couple of girls. She recognized both of them. They were Les and Alestis. She knew both of them from HRM last term.

Hey whats up, she asked.

((I was invited to the RP))
PMEmailYIM
^
Alestis Imeacht
 Posted: Sep 8 2011, 03:02 AM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
1438 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alestis looked up as Salena walked in, "HEY!" she whispered dramatically, "Close the door! We dont want to let anyone see what we are planning for that Complete Cow Ivy O'Brien," she rolled her eyes at the thought of her, "you know, that one who wouldn't even shake hands with you in the divinations talk? Nightmare" she sighed.

but then her eyes lit up, "BUT, we have a master plan!" she grinned, and shared a look with Les.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
 Posted: Sep 8 2011, 12:31 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia nodded. "Oh, right! Of course. I wasn't thinking. I've actually never done much official potion brewing.." She explained. She'd done stuff like this before, similar, but not actual potion stuff. She looked at the leaves for a moment, thoughtfully. "Oh, I know! We need one of those doohickeys, um.. mortor and pestle?" She said, thinking of something from Morrowind, but she was fairly sure that it was a real device used for mashing up leaves or something.

Anyway, she thought for a moment about the question regarding her bag.
"Diagon Alley." She replied, glancing down at it. "Forgot what the shop was called.. but it's the same place where you get like, quills and ink and stuff." She said with a small nod. She had talked hr dad into going to Diagon Alley at the end of last term, when he picked her up from the train station, and she had gotten lots of cool stuff like ravenclaw stationary, blue ink, blue wax for making seals on letters, a sealing stamp thingy with her initial on it, and the bag, and a rain poncho with the ravenclaw emblem on it, and other stuff. She nodded. "Yeah, they had gryffindor stuff too." She smiled at her and nodded.

She then spun around as the door opened again. She smiled when she saw Salena.
"Hey! Come on in." She said, trying to smother a giggle. "Remember what we were talking about on the staircase? Well.. here it is put in action!" She grinned widely and then jumped up and down slightly. "Ohh, hand cream? We can get it going here in my cauldron!" She said happily. This was fun!

--------------------
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ