View All Announcements

Pages: (9) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The second floor lounge
Vera Kwon
 Posted: Jun 8 2011, 08:45 AM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
1549 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Vera smiled at Lani and said, " I'm good. How have you been?". Seems like Lani was really busy entertaining a couple people at the same time as she look at the girl talking to a few people. She just stood there looking at them since she had nothing better to do at the moment.

Just as she was minding her own business, the girl that she had introduced herself to a moment ago spoke to her and offer her a gum, Vera grabbed the gum from her and smiled, " Nice to meet you Kacey, thank you for the gum.". Vera then stood there blowing gums as she look at other people that have arrived. She just smiled to each one of them as she stood there.

All of a sudden, she raised her hand and spoke out of no where, " You guys want to hear a joke?" she wasnt always this bold, maybe the gum had made her to be a little outspoken all of a sudden.

--------------------

user posted image
Feels like I'm a different girl.

profile||shipper||callboard|| [fire.tongue] ||

PMEmail
^
Kacey Hardley
 Posted: Jun 8 2011, 09:22 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
232 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Kacey thought about the summer classes, she hadnt done very welll in her exams this term and needed to make up for it, she had had a lot going on over this term. When Vera took some gum Kacey smiled, ::Wow. She really is as nice as Lei says:: she thought. When Vera had mentioned a joke Kacey thought of it as a great oppurtunity to push her bad mood away, just for a while, "Sure!" she said "Lets hear it" Kacey grinned with enthusiasm.

--------------------
user posted image
Muffin ~ Wand ~ Cousinsuser posted image
Credit goes to Leilani Bridges for the awsome siggyuser posted image
PM
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Jun 8 2011, 09:24 AM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Sophie blew a bubble with her gum before answering Celia.

"I think they're special summer only sort of subjects. I haven't heard much about what they'll be, but with all the weird stuff going on with the ministry I'm a little worried."

--------------------
user posted image

Thanks to Nearra Morgan for the set and Melora MacKenna for the ability banner!
PM
^
Leilani Bridges
 Posted: Jun 8 2011, 09:34 AM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
1175 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Leilani smiled at Vera, "Good to hear. Ive been good," she said with a smile. She then listened to the subject about summer classes, she decided she probably wasnt going to take any, depending on what they were. But when she heard Sophie mention the ministry, she had to ask, " Whats been going on in the ministry?"

--------------------
user posted image
Set by the amazing Vera | Friends By Blake user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jun 8 2011, 09:58 AM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia was intrigued by Sophie's reply. She had no other contact with wizarding world than Hogwarts so she wasn't familiar with the Minisry of magic and the way it worked. Maybe I should subscribe to the Profet next year. She listened to Leilani's question and was reassured to not be the only one not knowing what was going on. She waited for Sophie's reply.

Meanwhile Vera had proposed to tell a joke and Kacey already asked for it. Celia simply nodded to tell her she was listening too. She didn't know many jokes. For starters she wasn't a native English speaker and many jokes worked with the meaning of words. And she didn't have many French ones either because she grew up rather alone. Not the best set to learn jokes. So she was looking forward to this one. Not knowing jokes had its advantages, she always discovered new ones when people were telling them.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Jun 8 2011, 07:43 PM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Sophie looked back and forth between Celia and Leilani with a surprised look on her face.

"Oh well I mean there's been a new minister appointed and I know you're thinking 'that's not so weird' but he has plans set to make everyone register their blood status," she told them and added with a whisper, "And I heard...well there's rumors that...he's a werewolf."

Sophie's eyes got very wide as she said this. Normally she wasn't one to fall prey to gossip, but being a muggleborn had caused her understandable worry.

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Leilani Bridges
 Posted: Jun 9 2011, 03:08 PM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
1175 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Leilani's eyes got wider, she knew what Sophie meant by 'registering your blood status' not that she should be too worried about herself, but it was her friends she was worried about. " Serious? A werewolf?" she asked, lowering her voice as Sophie had.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Vera Kwon
 Posted: Jun 10 2011, 09:05 AM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
1549 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Vera smiled when Kacey said that she would listen to her joke. She gulp a little before saying, with her hand motions., " There was once two muffins in the microwave, the first muffin felt hot from the heat and suddenly yelled, its so hot in here and look at the second muffin, the second muffin looked terrified, he shouted loudly, there is a talking muffin in here." and then she laughed at her own joke. It was quite funny to her and lame, but still, its enough to cheer people up isnt it?

"Funny right?" she asked.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail
^
Leilani Bridges
 Posted: Jun 10 2011, 09:35 AM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
1175 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Leilani was a little confused at first but then burst out laughing. " Nice one Vera!!" she said inbetween her laughing fit.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Kacey Hardley
 Posted: Jun 10 2011, 10:17 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
232 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Kacey was expecting t find Vera's joke hilarious as Leilani was laughing at it but...nothing. "I...I dont get it" Kacey said with a questioning tone in her voice, trying to figure it out in her head.

This post has been edited by Kacey Hardley: Jun 10 2011, 10:18 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Jun 11 2011, 03:20 PM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Sophie grinned at Vera's joke.

"I've heard that one before. It's a good one."

She turned to Kacey when she didn't get it.

"It's just supposed to be ironic in a way because jokes don't always follow logic. So the one muffin is talking which is okay in the joke world but then the other muffin freaks out even though it can talk too. Does that help at all?"

Sophie usually understood these sort of jokes because her father always made them, but she wasn't sure if she could explain it to someone else. It just made sense to her.

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Leilani Bridges
 Posted: Jun 11 2011, 04:08 PM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
1175 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Leilani rolled her eyes at Kacey, honestly, how did she not get it. She then nodded in agreement with Sophie, " Yeah..."

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Vera Kwon
 Posted: Jun 11 2011, 08:40 PM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
1549 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Vera smiled when the two students in front of her understood her joke and turned around to the other hufflepuff girl, Kacey when she said that she didnt understand the joke, it was pretty simple wasnt it? She was just about to comment on it when another student beat her to it and explain the joke.

When the girl explain finish the joke, Vera smiled at Kacey and tapped her shoulder playfully, " Its okay, I think most blondes wont understand jokes anyways." she said to her.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail
^
Kacey Hardley
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 02:27 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
232 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Kacey smiled when Sophie explained the joke, she understood it now. But her smile dissapeared quickly when Vera mentioned blondes, that was the one thing Kacey was not okay with. She turned to Vera and snapped at her "Excuse me? Thats stereotyping and...and....hair racist!" her voice changing from anger to upset near the end. She knew 'hair racism' wasnt a real thing but she was too annoyed and, most of all, shocked to think of anything better.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Vera Kwon
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 02:41 AM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
1549 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Vera was shocked at the outburst that suddenly happened when she mentioned that the girl cant accept a joke. She just smiled at the girl, " How is it hair racist? I'm just telling the truth wasnt I? There is no need to get so upset." she said to her raising her eyebrow.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail
^
Leilani Bridges
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 02:50 AM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
1175 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Leilani sank deeper into her chair as Kacey snapped at Vera. She thought maybe she should stop it, but she knew that if she did then there maybe more arguments so she just continued to stay quiet. She decided to block out the sound and think of something else... like Apollo, her owl.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Kacey Hardley
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 03:00 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
232 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"Just telling the truth? You know your only making things worse for yourself. And actually there is a need for me to get upset. Im fine with blonde jokes, but not straight out insults." It was true that Kacey had a few...anger issues, and who could blame her, her parents abandoned her when she was a baby, but this was one arguement she was determined to have without violence and anyways if she did lash out at Vera, her cousin was there to hold her back. Leilani was usually strong enough.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Leilani Bridges
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 03:05 AM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
1175 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Leilani saw that Kacey was getting more angry and decided to stop her before all war broke out. She coughed loudly as if to tell her to stop and then blew a big bubble with her chewing gum.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Vera Kwon
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 04:28 AM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
1549 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Vera just stare at the girl in front of her, she was stunned. What's with her anyways? Cant take a joke? she thought to herself. She cant see anything that is wrong with she said before, she wasnt being sarcastic or anything, she was just saying what she thinks. Vera look from Kacey to Lani and frowned.

" If you think of that as an insult, then I have nothing to say. Blondes are just like that I guess." she said. She wasnt this girl to fight with someone over something so petty, but something about the girls face just give her some kind of irritating motion.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 04:51 AM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia was awestruck. How did they get so fast from the relaxed atmosphere and telling jokes to arguing. Girls are so weird. You are one too. Not like that. I hope.

She tried to process what had been said, she had been a bit distracted and wasn't into the conversation anymore. All she could figure out was that it was about Vera stereotyping blonds. Celia agreed with Kacey. Jokes were okay but outright insult was another thing. And what Vera said was an insult. She didn't know Kacey at all and she said it was normal for her to not understand just because she was blond.

Celia was about the speak up when she remembered Richie's advice about getting less in trouble. Okay, I'll shut up if they end it soon.Or you could provide a diversion Celia nodded to herself and turned towards Sophie exclaiming "A werewolf. Are you sure it isn't just some rumor?" Hopefully that will focus the attention somewhere else.

This post has been edited by Celia Kelly: Jun 12 2011, 04:51 AM

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Jun 12 2011, 11:16 AM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Sophie was extremely thrown off by he turn in mood. Vera was being rather rude to Kacey, but the girl seemed to be overreacting a bit. It was odd for a Puff to have such a temper it seemed. Additionally Sophie couldn't help but be amused by her fellow Puff's use of the term 'hair racist.' She was about to interrupt the trivial argument to point out that she probably meant prejudice when Celia attempted to change the subject.

She was thankful for this distraction because her comment probably would have made the situation worse. Sophie looked at her friend and replied, "No. I'm not sure. The whole thing is just awfully suspicious. I don't know what to think honestly."

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Kacey Hardley
 Posted: Jun 13 2011, 09:31 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
232 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Kacey looked towards Lei when she coughed and then turned back to Vera. She heard Vera's most recent comment but decided against a reply, instead she glared at Vera and walked away to sit in a chair away from the group but close enough to hear their conversations.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Leilani Bridges
 Posted: Jun 13 2011, 10:24 AM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
1175 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Leilani tuned her self in to Celia and Sophies conversation, " Yeah, I hope hes not too dodgy though.." she said trying to forget the argument between Kacey and Vera.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Vera Kwon
 Posted: Jun 14 2011, 10:41 AM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
1549 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Vera just smiled at the small group. She didnt do anything wrong and there is no need to apologize to anyone now right? She noticed the tense around and decided not to say anything, if there is any dissatisfaction, they can deal with it some place else.

Vera noticed the glare that Kacey was giving her but she paid no attention to it and just pretend that nothing was happening. She just look around and try to listen to the conversation and try to ease the tension a little.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail
^
Yanndel Delfin
 Posted: Jun 15 2011, 10:16 AM

Slytherin Third Year
163 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

QUOTE (Sophie Nightshade @ Jun 7 2011, 03:39 AM)
Sophie strolled into the second floor lounge for a bit of a breather and was pleased to find that there were some people she knew inside.

:: What luck! ::

"Hey guys!" she said to Leilani, Kacey, and Celia.

She then smiled at the Sly (Yanndel) she didn't know. "Hi. I'm Sophie," she said with a wave.

"Hey. Yanndel here," Yanndel smiled as another girl just had came in and noticed her presence. This is quite cool. A bunch of new people, plus, they aren't Slyths. Yanndel smiled with the thought.

--------------------

user posted image
Vera Kwon made this awesome sig for me. user posted image
Yann Delfin's Character Profile

PM
^
Kacey Hardley
 Posted: Jun 18 2011, 04:27 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
232 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Kacey remembered her holiday plans and quitely spoke to Lei, "We should probably go pack" she said, waving goodbye to everyone in the room, before walking out quickly.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jun 18 2011, 06:36 AM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia's trick seemed to work but not totally. Indeed, Kacey made a quick exit mentioning she had to pack. But it seemed like Vera's comment got to her and made her leave sooner.

As she left, Celia returned her wave. "By Kacey. See you around."

Celia stoop up to gather her robes which were now dry. Then she sat back in a sofa, not quit willing to leave yet.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Jun 19 2011, 09:02 PM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Sophie waved to Kacey as she left.

"Well now this is awkward," she mumbled.

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Vera Kwon
 Posted: Jun 21 2011, 12:47 AM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
1549 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Vera look around and see the awkwardness that had just passed and thought she should head out as well. Maybe she can go to the lake and have a wonderful day out or so, she reached out towards the people around and said, " I'll be going too. See you guys around." before she walked away.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Jun 22 2011, 10:49 PM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

After standing around for a bit the silence soon got to Sophie so she decided to head out.

"Sorry girls, but I think I'm going to bail. Let's hang out soon, though."

She gave a quick nod then walked out of the lounge. Recently, Sophie had developed this habit of feeling claustrophobic almost in awkward situations. She couldn't figure it out.

This post has been edited by Sophie Nightshade: Jun 22 2011, 10:58 PM

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Anatolia Arzani
 Posted: Jun 26 2011, 12:54 PM

Character Limit Reached
169 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

[New RP]

Ana walked up to the second floor lounge and collapsed onto a comfortable chair. She lifted her denim sandals (clicky) onto the table and lounged backwards. She tugged the hem of her slouchy blue tank top (clicky) and pulled up the waist of her favorite denim cutoffs. (clicky) She gathered all of her fire ringlets and tied them up into a high ponytail. She patted the arm of the couch in front of her and said "Sit, dear." in a sugary sweet motherly tone. She snapped her fingers twice and Toojay, her drink elf, appeared with a notepad. "Frosty butterbeer in a warm mug. Auri, are you thirsty?" she asked, holding up a finger to Toojay, telling her to wait for Auri's answer.

(Tag:Auri)

This post has been edited by Anatolia Arzani: Jun 26 2011, 02:17 PM

--------------------
user posted image

Thanks to TABOO <3 for this incredible siggy! My Profile The Plot Family Tree

user posted image
PM
^
Aurielle Sauviterre
 Posted: Jun 26 2011, 04:44 PM

Slytherin Second Year
61 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Aurielle trailed Ana into the lounge, perching on the couch the older girl indicated timidly. She slipped out of her sandals and curled her feet under her skirt. Auri eyed the house elf. "Uhm... a cold pumpkin juice, please." She turned away from the creature and looked up at Miss Ana. "Thank you," she said to her mentor, genuinely appreciating the thought.
PM
^
Anatolia Arzani
 Posted: Jun 26 2011, 05:19 PM

Character Limit Reached
169 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ana shooed the elf away and watched as she disappeare with a crack. She leaned forward onto her hands, her elbows digging into her thighs. Her eyes sparkled as they searches Auri's. "Now, my pet, tell me about yourself. I want to know all of your favorites, your family history, your friends, everything." she said. She smiled as Toojay came back, two drinks on a tray. A second later she had a warm mug of frothy liquid in her hands and a glass of Pumpkin Juice was being carried to Auri. She waved off the elf once the glass was handed over.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PM
^
Aurielle Sauviterre
 Posted: Jun 26 2011, 10:21 PM

Slytherin Second Year
61 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Auri took the glass from the house elf, taking a careful sip of the cook juice and sitting it on a side table. She laughed a little bit at Ana's sudden interest, and picked a spot amidst all the questions to begin her answer.
"Well, as for my family, mum teaches, da develops and markets potions. I used to help him in his lab when I was younger." She holds up her hands, showing Ana the little nicks and scars that come with such work. "I had a lot of fun, even if I was just helping fetch and prepare ingredients. My best friends when I was younger were my books." she shrugs, and continues, matter of fact, rather than prideful. "I got bored when I talked to other kids at home, so I stopped." Aurielle smiled. So there wasn't really anyone to write home to. So what? "I haven't met many people here yet- just a couple other students in passing out on the grounds-- and yourself, of course."

Aurielle shifted on the couch, feeling like she was talking quite a lot- at least- compared to what she normally did. She tried to think if she had forgotten anything she had been asked, and lapsed into thoughtful silence for a few moments and sipping at her pumpkin juice.
PM
^
Anatolia Arzani
 Posted: Jun 27 2011, 08:19 AM

Character Limit Reached
169 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ana nodded. :This one is smart, and she probably has common sense, too.: she thought, smirking. :I've chosen good this time.: She listened and tilted her head to the right. "What are your favorites? Favorite books, favorite food, favorite drink, candy, color, things like that. Anything you can think of." she said, wondering what her favorite candy was.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PM
^
Aurielle Sauviterre
 Posted: Jun 29 2011, 09:12 PM

Slytherin Second Year
61 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Aurielle smiled, and started in on the next batch of questions. "My favorite color is green- no, really!" she insisted, laughing. "As for books, I like anything about the Wars... I'm big on history... and anything about potions. As for food, mum's macaroni and cheese beats anything else, hands down, especially on the bad days." Her smile turned wistful at the last part. "And as for candy... I like sugarquils. They're simple, tasty, and I can make them last a long time..."
PM
^
Anatolia Arzani
 Posted: Jun 29 2011, 09:28 PM

Character Limit Reached
169 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"Green can be rather beautiful. My mother makes fantasic beef stew. It's so hearty and the beef is tender and the veggies are soft." Ana sighed contently at the memories. "Mothers always make the best food." she chuckled lightly. She missed home and she missed her mom.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PM
^
Aurielle Sauviterre
 Posted: Jun 29 2011, 09:56 PM

Slytherin Second Year
61 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Aurielle nodded her agreement with a small but heartfelt sigh. She had started during the summer term to get the jump on the rest of her classmates who would be joining the school that fall, and it was much different than home. Sometimes being around so many people actually made her feel lonely. "That is very true. Mum always knows how to make things that make me feel better. I wish I could cook like her. "
PM
^
Anatolia Arzani
 Posted: Jun 30 2011, 08:20 AM

Character Limit Reached
169 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ana knew what she meant. Mothers always had that special touch that just makes you feel happy. "I think that you start cooking like her, when your a Mother yourself. My father always complained about my Mother's spaghetti when they were dating. Now he loves it and she swears she didn't change a thing. Except she had me." she said. She hoped this made sense, because it was sort of confusing.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PM
^
Odessa Aberswyth
 Posted: Jul 7 2011, 11:46 PM

Slytherin Third Year
442 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Odessa made her way up the stairs, figuring she should find a place to study for her Man Eating Creatures class. The common room was NOT conducive to studies, especially not now that crazy things like water balloon fights and kiddy pools were making their way in there. She found her way up on the second floor and got a bit lazy, seeing no reason to move up any farther in the school when all she was really looking for was an empty lounge with a comfy chair to sit on.

The second floor lounge seemed empty enough for her tastes, so she plopped down into an armchair, her bag slung over the back of the chair, her class textbook in her hands. She was looking intently at the book but didn't seem to be focusing that much on the subject. Rather, she was just plain bored. Nothing particularly interesting had happened to her over the last few days. Not that she minded not being tortured, but she was also just a little... bored.

--------------------
user posted image
Shipper / Callboard / Profile / Family Tree | Signature by Vera Kwon
Want to Play Gobstones? Click here and PM me! (trying to start a Gobstones League)
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image Huzzah to the last 11 years...
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
Finley Knoll
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 12:02 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
329 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Finley was looking for somewhere to...study. He had his backpack slung over his shoulder and was filled with books. One for his He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named class, one for his potions class and Hogwarts: A History. He was wanting to learn more about Slytherin since he heard a couple things from Prof. Lane that didn't match with what his father had been telling him.

So, here he was on the second floor lounge. Also, some other girl. Looking at her, he felt pretty certain that she was in his house. Mentally calming down, he convinced himself to go talk to her. He wasn't going to get more used to socializing by not doing so. Do you already have homework? He sat in the seat, which turned out to be uncomfortable and sat his bag on his lap.

((*Will shortly introduce the silly string!*))

--------------------
user posted image
Props to Prof. Jeff Taylor
Profile | Callboard | Member since April 2006
PMYIM
^
Odessa Aberswyth
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 12:13 AM

Slytherin Third Year
442 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Odessa looked up as she saw an older boy enter the lounge. He also appeared to be from her house so she gave him a very small smile, then returned to looking at her book. "Nah, but I figure I should probably stay a little bit ahead in Professor Lane's Creature class. Then again, a puff in that class said that the professor was a man eating creature, so I guess there's not really a lot of competition for house points going on there." She shook her head at the thought of the imbecile just saying that out of the blue. But then, he was a puff.

"I'm Odessa, by the way. Odessa Aberswyth. I can't recall if we've met or not so if you've heard this song and dance I apologize." She decided to maintain a lot of formality with the boy just in case he was an especially proper upper year student.

--------------------
user posted image
Want to Play Gobstones? Click here and PM me! (trying to start a Gobstones League)
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image Huzzah to the last 11 years...
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
Finley Knoll
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 12:22 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
329 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Trying to get more comfortable on his seat, Finley moved around then smirked in amusement as the girl talked about the class she was particularly reading up on. Reaching into his bag, he pulled out a textbook on deadly potions for Prof. O'Connor's class. I'm really interested in how many Dark classes there are for this term. They all were more interesting than normal. I've never cared much for creatures, though. Man eating, or not. Something about the girl didn't annoy him. He was so used to hating the life out of girls because they were so often giggly and emotional. She seemed to have the same sarcasm he did.

I'm pretty sure we have a few classes together. Well, I'm only taking three, so we probably have three together. He fidgeted in the seat again, scowling and wondering why it was was hard. It was a stupid chair! It shouldn't be painful. Oh, I'm Finley. Finley Knoll. He didn't stick his hand out or anything. One of them was too busy poking around the chair trying to figure out what was wrong with it. The other was holding onto his potions book.

--------------------
user posted image
PMYIM
^
Odessa Aberswyth
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 12:30 AM

Slytherin Third Year
442 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Finley... Finley. The name wasn't ringing any bells with her, but he seemed nice enough, though fidgety. "You okay over there?" Perhaps his rear was cursed by someone out in the hallway or someone had thrown an itching cream or something. She wasn't going to throw out any of the possibilities. Then again, perhaps she should have just ignored his slight fidget completely. It wasn't like he was seizing or anything, and chances were if something was wrong with him he didn't want her spouting questions off about it. Her book was still open in her lap, but at this point she wasn't really even pretending to be reading it anymore.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
Finley Knoll
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 12:43 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
329 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Uh-Yea...I just- He proceeded to make a couple of wordless noises while he fished in the sofa. There was something in it. Giving up and standing up, Finley ripped the cushion off the chair, looking under it.

There, somewhat bent on one side, sat a strange looking object. He would have to call it a can, but had never seen anything much closer to it. On top was a small button and something that looked like a tiny nozzle. Thoroughly confused, he stared at it then said, What is that? It was more so to himself, but out loud, nonetheless. Picking the object up, it was a little cold to the touch and apparently had contents since it's weight shifted.

--------------------
user posted image
PMYIM
^
Odessa Aberswyth
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 12:49 AM

Slytherin Third Year
442 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Odessa, having grown up in a wizarding family, had absolutely no idea what he'd managed to find in the cushions. But she was also quick to add, "Probably shouldn't play around with something like that. Might be a gag thing left behind to prank someone with." The last thing she wanted to deal with at the moment was him pressing the button and a foul odor filling the room or it exploding and then she'd have to escort him to the hospital wing and explain that it wasn't her fault... generally speaking it was in her best interest that he just put the can of whatever it was down on the table.

She took the book off her lap and stood up, picking up her bag and putting it away. Who was she kidding? She didn't need to study for this class and she wasn't in the mood for it anyways. Besides, this finding was a lot more interesting then research on sphinxes that anyone with half a magic's blood worth should know about.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
Finley Knoll
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 01:01 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
329 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Prank... Thoughts flew through his mind as he tried to guess what the thing could be. It clearly was filled with something. Shaking it a little, Finley could tell it wasn't something very...solid. It was too smooth of a weight transfer. So it must be liquidy. I think there's like...water in it. Is this a water bottle? His face was contorted in confusion and wonder. He really wanted to know what it was.

Holding the thing with one hand, he shook it a little more, playing around with the shifting of weight. Dungbombs din't look like this, unless that stupid Weasley place had developed something new. Finally convincing himself, Finley placed one fingertip on the button looking thing and pushed.

Immediately weird foaming stuff shot out and straight at Finley. With a shout, he dropped the can, well kind of threw it away from himself, and jumped back. And kept jumping back because the stuff wasn't coming off. Immediate thoughts of it being poisonous or acidic filled his thoughts and he shouted out louder. No! Get it off! He shook his body, trying to get it off, but failing miserably and instead, hitting his shin on the coffee table. God d-Ahhh! He fell to the floor, running into the lamp and knocking that over. The candle inside of it dropped down into him and landed on the crap that was covering in which burst into sudden flames.

WHAT THE HELLL! He tried getting it off, terrified and seriously concerned about this fire that suddenly sprouted on his shoulder. The one that had the bruise, too!

--------------------
user posted image
PMYIM
^
Odessa Aberswyth
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 01:22 AM

Slytherin Third Year
442 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Odessa flinched a bit as he pushed the button. Because of course he was going to push the button. That was in the nature of men, to push buttons to find out what those buttons made things do. Never thinking about the flamethrower attached to that button that he was aiming at his head.

Luckily for Finley it appeared that it wasn't a flamethrower but some kind of... pastel foamy string like stuff. From the sounds of his yelling it was burning him pretty badly. Odessa wasn't sure if she should throw water on him or not, remembering her mom saying something about how, depending on the potion, water could actually make it worse. But then he, man of brilliant physique he seemed, managed to knock a candle down and light the substance on fire. At that moment she knew, terrible substance or not, she needed to put the flames out.

She quickly shot her hand through her backpack, lucky enough to still be in there as she'd just put away her book, and pulled out a large water bottle she'd carried around with her for her long walks around the grounds. The lid was on a little tight and she was having a hard time taking it off at first. "Erm, just... you know. Hold on." She wasn't the best at offering consoling words and she wasn't even sure if he could hear her over the whole having a burning shoulder thing.

Finally she managed to pull the lid off, and rather than aim or anything like that, being panicky and prone to also have an amazing physique, she just threw the water at him haphazardly, managing to both extinguish the flames and douse his face at the same time. She tried very desperately to suppress a laugh. "*cough* I'm uh *cough* I'm sorry. Are you *snickersnort* okay?" A small smile poking it's way between her fingers. Sure he'd just managed to catch himself on fire, but a combination of that, her not being able to get the lid off, and then throwing all of that water in his face, was just too funny for her to contain herself for much longer.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
Finley Knoll
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 01:35 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
329 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

The crap was on fire. Whatever had come out of that can was, apparently flammable, as we learned. Finley had fallen to the floor, pain in his shin forgotten and was trying to push himself back like he could get away from the flames. They seemed to burn really quickly, but there were still a few little flames on his shirt. Shouting, he ripped his shirt off just as the fast moving Odessa girl finally got some freakin water.

Breathing hard, Finley tried to get his bearings. The coffee table had been moved like two feet over, the sofa cushion was leaning against the sofa, the candle holder lamp thing was on the floor with the burnt out candle next to it. Finley felt his skin for burns, but only found some dried wax. He quickly searched for the stupid can of stuff and found it just under the chair he had been sitting in.

Yes, he was a man. Despite the fact he had lost his shirt and was on fire, Finley went to retrieve the stuff. He wanted to know what it was and was smart enough to understand he shouldn't hit that button again. Turning his back, and bruised shoulder since he momentarily forgot about it, on Odessa, he pulled the can from under the chair and began looking at it. Silly string? Why is string silly? Is this some sort of muggle crap? If so, why did it work in Hogwarts. Wasn't that stuff supposed to be not able to work, or something? Hearing Odessa ask if he was all right through laughter, he turned on her.

Oh. I'm fine. Realizing all that just happened in the past couple of minutes, Finley actually blushed in embarrassment, although he didn't know it. Why are you laughing at me? He narrowed his eyes and clenched his fists, including the one holding this silly string stuff.

--------------------
user posted image
PMYIM
^
Odessa Aberswyth
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 01:54 AM

Slytherin Third Year
442 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Odessa continued to barely suppress the laughs, but not also as she blushed a tiny bit herself. Finley had taken off his shirt and she had to admit, even to herself, that he was kinda cute. Especially when he blushed. But she pushed that thought far out of her head. Boys were still a weird mystery to her and she mostly felt embarrassed about thinking things like that. Instead she swallowed her laughter and responded, "I'm not laughing at anything. It's not like this situation is particularly... silly." She cracked up completely this time, fell on the floor and laughed on her back. This guy had managed to get some muggle gunk on his shirt and he thought it was practically killing him. But it was actually called "silly string"?! That was just too priceless and as much as she tried to stop laughing she couldn't, tears rolling down her face.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (9) 1 2 3 4 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ