View All Announcements

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Koi Pond
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Feb 3 2017, 10:56 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

It was Victoria's first day back to the school. After the event of that night, Victoria took some time off from work, went and traveled a bit, kept her distance from Alek. She had yet to see or talk to Aleksander, and honestly had no idea what to say or do even if she were to see him. But with them working at the same place, it was only going to be time before she would get to run into him.

Vic had began to feel claustrophobic in her office, and found herself needing fresh air. She began to walk into the gardens of the school and it wasn't long before she found herself at the Koi Pond. It was the first place they had talked and it kind of brought some memories to her. She took a seat at a bench near the pond and stared at the fish inside. They were so care-free.

It was slightly windy out today, and Victoria had adjusted her jacket to block any draft from entering inside it. Taking a breath she thought of that night and the look in his eyes. She closed her own and cleared her mind of the memory. He was under the influence, yes, that was it.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 11:31 AM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

It had been a month since the incident with Victoria, Alek had arrived at his office the Monday after it had occurred and found a note left on his desk asking for some time away and giving an excuse of needing to travel to aid family. He had read the note and then tossed it into the fire sending one word to her scrawled on a piece of parchment. "Fine - A." Then he had settled into going about his days and attempting to keep some sort of formal routine to keep his mind occupied and off the blurred and frankly somewhat missing memories from that evening. He had drank quite a bit after she had left, and before she had arrived, the entire thing had been a mix of bad decisions.

He knew she had been back, but he hadn't seen her yet. As he paced his office he mused on this and shook his head, he had tea sitting on the edge of the desk and drank it quickly before deciding to get out of the cramped office and take to the grounds. The castle was quiet most students had gone to Hogsmeade for the weekend so the castle was hauntingly quiet with only the occasional student or professor scurrying by. Alek nodded at them not even taking the time to register who they were or where they were going and made his way out towards the grounds, deciding he would head to the seasonal garden areas and see how the beginnings of spring were coming along.

As the wind ruffled his hair he made his way slowly past the willow pond, a small fountain garden, and towards one of his favorite areas the Koi ponds in the corners of the grounds. Rounding a corner and running his hands absently over the top of a bush that had yet to flower and sprout he caught himself as he saw Victoria sitting on a bench looking down into the water absently. He stood watching her for a moment loathe to say anything and break her focus on the bright colorful fish swimming under a thin layer of ice.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 11:41 AM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Even while being so focused on the fish in the pond, it was hard to keep the flashes of memory from coming to her mind. When Victoria left to travel, she did go back home to see her mother but never spoke of what happened. Her father had arrived at one point and all Victoria could do was just cry.

It was hard and while she did leave before that situation had gotten worse, it was something that was slightly traumatizing. Perhaps that was who he was and he showed her his true colors, or maybe he was just struggling and she just ended up in the way. Regardless though, she still cared for him and that was the hardest part of it all. She had no idea now whether he cared at all, but she did care too much.

Victoria sniffed a bit from the chill in the air and ran a hand through her hair. She then saw something in the corner of her eye and turned her head to see the one person she wasn't sure she was ready to see. However he was there and maybe it was just time.

Victoria stared at him a moment and was about to say something to him but no words escaped. She bit her lip and looked down at the pond. What could you say in this situation?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 11:59 AM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

As she looked up and bit her lip Alek felt something in his chest tighten, he wasn't entirely sure what he should say at the moment and if he had to choose something to say he knew nothing would be enough. He wasn't even entirely sure what had occurred when she had come that evening, he had no clear memories only blurred ones of violence and things he should never have done. Brushing his hair back in a quick agitated motion he moved down the path towards her motioning to the spot beside her on the bench as he got nearer. Do you mind, if I sit down? He waited for her to reply before taking a seat and looking down into the pond watching the fish as they swirled around, their colors melding in with the reflection of the sun on the water.

He wasn't sure what to do or say so he decided to go with just trying to even ascertain what the situation was between them at the moment or what had occurred. Victoria...I'm not even sure where to begin, I have only vague memories of what happened and I'm not even sure what of them is reality or fantasy all I know is I obviously hurt you... He trailed off unsure of where to go from there, without knowing exactly what had occurred he did not even know what to apologize for, he looked up away from her over the ground and let the wind brush across his face, bringing the crisp scent of new growth and wildlife with it, relishing in something fresh and clean and safe, when he felt like he was none of those things right now.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 12:09 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Victoria wasn't sure what to say or how to begin this transition so when he spoke up first she felt kind of relieved. She looked up at him and nodded her head, moving over slightly so he could sit next to her. Her eyes looked back at the pond and waited for him to begin to speak up again, giving him the opportunity to approach it first.

Alek spoke about having barely any memory of what happened and she looked up at him almost angry at him for that. He was really drunk she new that but the fact he had done that and had barely any memory was cruel. She wished she could pretend it didn't happen.

"You... you're so cruel..." She muttered and looked away. She would tell him. "... I came to thank you for letting me stay at the school as a professor and apologize for my disappearance and you instead tried to force yourself on me. If you hadn't stumbled after taking your shirt off. You would have succeeded."

Her voice began to quiver a bit in the end and she tightest her hands and round each other, seeing his expression in her eyes again.

This post has been edited by Prof. Victoria Pierce: Feb 4 2017, 12:30 PM

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 01:09 PM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

As she spoke he couldn't bring himself to even look in her direction her words cut him to the core, she was obviously beyond hurt that he couldn't remember. At this point though there was absolutely nothing that he could do to remedy that situation. Apologizing seemed to little, there was no way to go back and remedy his mistake, he was at a complete loss as to what to do for this entire situation. He choked as he opened his mouth to speak and staunchly kept from looking at her, Apologizing isn't enough in this situation, nothing can fix it, but I didn't mean to do that. I was torn apart, and things haven't gotten much better, I'm just dealing with things as best as possible. He ran a hand through his hair again and bit the inside of his lip trying to figure out what else he could say, he wanted to do something anything to keep her from crying because he could hear the cracking in her voice. But there was nothing coming to mind, and likely nothing would.

Turning on the bench he finally raised his eyes from the surroundings and faced her she had turned away, he reached out as if to take her hand and pulled back as he saw how her hands were clenched together, the knuckles were turning white. Victoria look at me please... He pleaded with her quietly, and waited before reaching out and gently taking her chin to turn her face towards him, Please, look at me, really look at me. You know I would never willingly do anything to cause you harm. He finished saying this and stroked his hand down her cheek before letting it fall and pulling away slightly to wait on her reaction, whatever it may be.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 01:45 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Victoria heard him attempt to explain himself and while she knew it to be true she was still hurting from it. She had a hard time looking at him at first. The knuckles on her hands were going white and she could see movement from beside her through the corner of her eye, but the sentiment was there and recognized.

Alek asked her to look at him and at first she couldn't. But he asked again and touched her chin gently. She looked at him with her own blue eyes and could see how truthful see seemed. She knew he was not the type to do something like that and yet he did. He's touched her cheek and she took a deep breath.

"I... I know you wouldn't but that still happened... alek... I want to help you but I can't...that can't happen like that..." She told him. She released the grip on her hands and turned towards him a bit more. "You know I care... for you... and I always will but.. you.. your issues.. my placein things.." She sighed not even sure what to think or say or do. She was not really thinking straight anymore.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 03:55 PM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

My place...in things...

As she said it Alek had to admit he wasn't even sure at the moment of her place in everything, it had all gotten so twisted up so quickly. With everything going on at the moment there honestly may not be a place for her in everything, but Alek didn't want to think like that and just let her walk away. If she left he had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach that she may never return, or that he may become something he had no desire to be. Victoria had become his confidant, and best friend in the past few months and he didn't want to let that go, but he also didn't want to hurt her again.

As he weighed all of this he met her broken gaze grimacing slightly at the look he could see in her eyes every time she glanced at him. I'm not sure what to say to you right now Victoria while I don't want you to just exit yourself from my life, you're right your place in it right now is very...precarious, as is my handling of everything going on. He sighed heavily and ran a hand through his hair in a sign of agitated frustration, this entire conversation was not going at all the way he had intended for it to go when he had thought about it in his head. At those times though he had not been confronted with Victoria sitting in front of him looking pained and hurt because of him. He pushed up off the bench and stood pacing in front of the pond in an almost frantic motion, The fact is with everything going on I can't promise not to hurt you...I don't know what I'm doing half the time until after I do it. It's very...hectic right now and I don't feel grounded anymore. He said the last part almost morosely because it was true but it really hurt to have to admit it. He kept pacing letting out a huge breath as he waited on her response.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 04:07 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Of course what Victoria expected and what she received was totally different. She had a sinking feeling that this was the wrong time to bring up these kind of things but she had to know if the hurt and pain was worth it or a waste of time. He spoke about how she was right that her place on things was not secured, and she was waiting for the push. The push to go away.

However that hadn't come, not yet. He had gotten up and paced and seemed so stressed and frantic and all Victoria wanted to do was just hold him, hug him, tell him everything was going to be ok. But she did not know that so how could she guarantee it?

She jumped up from the bench and moved over to him, standing in the path of where he was pacing. "Aleksander..." She reached forward and placed her hands on his arms and stared up into his eyes. "We will figure it out. I'll.. I'll help you.. if you want me to. But if.. you want me to stay away, I will do that to..."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 04:26 PM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

As he paced he noticed her movement, but she hadn't spoken in what seemed a very long moment before had her hands on his shoulders arresting his movement and locking him in place as he looked down into her eyes. Her words struck him, in everything the midst of tragedy and horror and things going on he had not expected kindness, or even...pity from her. He gulped hard as he looked down at her and almost pulled away feeling unworthy of any of this, any kind of emotion from her or anyone else. He felt almost torn apart. I can't... He trailed off trying to figure out what he was saying. I can't ask you to do that, I can't really ask anyone. This is all very...delicate and everything hangs so precariously right now. Katerina was still missing all of her memories of Nicholas, in fact she was missing her memories from ever since she had begun teaching at Durmstrang, their marriage everything memories about Alek as well.

Alek was all she had, but who did he have in everything to help him try to make sense of things, Victoria could try to help, but Katerina barely remembered meeting her on her travels let alone their deep friendship. You understand that this doesn't just involve me and everything, it's Nicholas, it's so much in our circle...I'm not even sure where to begin the events of the ball were bad enough, but everything after and now you ask if I want ou here. You know I do, but I have no right to ask you to tolerate...any of this... He trailed off and stepped back letting her arms foll from his own as he turned away crossing his own arms over his chest and frowning out over the water the sun was beginning to sink below the horizon and the sky was turning from bright blue to pink. It was a beautiful sight in the midst of such a [You won't be getting clothes with that mouth, poor Dobby's ears.] situation.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Feb 4 2017, 05:02 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

When Aleksander began to state how he couldn't ask her to help him, to be by his side in all of this, she frowned a bit to herself. Of course he'd say it but he wasn't asking, she was offering. It was a difference, wasn't it? She knew there was things going wrong right now in his life, and it included his sister and the old minister, she was aware of that much, and had the basic idea of it all.

"Of course I understand that Aleks. And if you want me here I will be here.. We can figure this out together. I don't think you should be baring this yourself.. You need help Alek, and I am offering my help..." She told him. He had moved away and her arms dropped to her sides. Victoria let herself sigh a bit and watched him as he turned away, seeing the arms crossing over his chest.

"It might be selfish of me to say it, and there is a chance you'll never feel the same. I know you hurt me but even still, I want nothing more then to be by your side... Alek.. I really really care for you, and I won't go as far as saying the L word... But I want to be next to you, and if I end up as a friend only, then so be it... Although I do hope one day that it would be more..." She told him, finally being honest in her feelings towards him. She looked down and away from him, waiting for the rejections or anything that would push her away.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Feb 7 2017, 07:51 PM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Swallowing again hard Alek didn't know how to respond to what she was saying he knew right now he wasn't worth the support and really compassion that Victoria was giving him, but he didn't know what to do. There was still danger for everyone involved, even at hogwarts one of the safest places in the wizarding world. He let out a deep breath and looked at her, into her blue eyes and smiled slightly. I'm not going to tell you to leave, I know you would never want to do that nor would you likely listen, but for right now I don't want you to end up a target. He bit his lip slightly and ran a hand through his hair before taking both of her hands in his own and smiling down at her in the beginning of the sunset light.

So we have to be patient and strong, and I will try my best, my best, to not end up turning this into a torturous or deadly situation for either of us. He looked between her eyes, and hope that this would be enough for her at the moment, because despite any wishes he may have or any of the harm he may have done, he could not risk something disastrous happening to her. Especially not now after he had already done enough to her when she had been struggling herself. Can you accept that? He asked this gently and held her hands there in his own as he waited on her response.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Feb 7 2017, 08:11 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Victoria knew that Alek would never be able to commit to anything at the moment, and she felt kind of bad that if what she said insinuated that they needed to be in a partnership or something along those lines. But she really wanted to be there with him, helping him through the hardships, even as a friend and even if she hated it. She took a breath and did understand what he meant though. She looked down at the ground and bit down on her lip.

However, she felt his hands on hers and she looked up at him, noticing the smile on his face, the sunset light hitting him in such a way that she couldn't help but stare at him. He asked her to be patient and strong and she continued to look into his eyes. "I have been patient thus far, and I am a very strong person, my friend.. I hope you realize I will be checking on you and doing what I can to keep you grounded though, right? Even if its just me bringing a lunch or a visit in your office to inquire on school subjects." She told him, holding his hands back.

But I will accept that Alek... For now... Only because it means I still have a chance.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 02:07 PM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

The way she said "inquire on school subjects" made Alek smile and shake his head slightly, she was so forceful and strong willed it was part of what had attracted him to her in the first place. He just smiled and pulled her in for a hug holding her slightly as he moved to go sit on the bench again taking her hand in his and staring out at the sun. I have no doubt you will, how have things been aside from...the things with us...you had a lot going on before, were you able to hopefully resolve some of it? He looked over at her as he inquired this gently, knowing that since her best friend Kallia had left she hadn't really had someone to lean on with her troubles. He had been trying to help her with them initially, but when things had gone sour in his own life and the issue surrounding himself and his old friend and his sister had kind of thrown everything to hell.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Feb 11 2017, 04:05 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Victoria saw the smile and felt the hug and smiled to herself. His arms felt warm and she felt that she fit in them really well. Of course though, her feelings for him were the reasoning behind her thoughts. He then asked her about her situation and she squeezed his hand a bit. Well things have gotten a bit better... My sister is missing still, but my parents have taken it upon themselves to continue the search.. So that is wonderful. But other than that.. I suppose everything has gotten better. She stated, looking over at Alek again.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ