View All Announcements

Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 7  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Niche
Spencer Beilby
 Posted: Jun 13 2016, 08:16 PM

Gryffindor First Year
21 POSTS
14 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Spencer gave a nod of acknowledgement when she spoke. Of course she laughed, so far everyone thought he was foolish for believing the creatures were real, but he couldn't help what he believed. Well, at least she hadn't out right called him a fool, or left for that matter.

Spencer thought on her question then said I like to draw, creatures usually, and I love to read.... What sort of books do you like?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Miranda Reiley
 Posted: Jun 19 2016, 05:14 AM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
46 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Undefined

Drawing creatures.. That sounded fun but she usually liked to look at the things she was drawing and having a creature standing in front of her in order to draw it.. Well, that could be difficult. Once she had thought about asking one of the Slytherin girls who were selkies to show her what they looked like under water so she could them but since she didn't even know them she didn't dare to. Which creatures do you draw? She asked him with a smile.

I like mystical books written by muggles, she admited. It's funny to read what they think witches and wizards are like, Mirandy said with a small smile. What do you like to read?

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Spencer Beilby
 Posted: Jun 20 2016, 12:37 AM

Gryffindor First Year
21 POSTS
14 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

At her question Spencer smiled and said Just about any creature that''s willing to stay relatively still! Though I also draw creatures from memory. I mostly draw hippogriphs and other such creatures. The local merfolk have let me sketch them from time to time. The merfolk were interesting, and Spencer loved to sketch them.

At her answer, he curiously tilted his head and asked Oh? What do they think we are like? He had been curious about muggles. At her question he thought and said Legends, mostly, they prove very interesting, even if most are considered nothing more than stories...

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Miranda Reiley
 Posted: Jun 20 2016, 10:54 AM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
46 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Undefined

A smile appeared on Miranda's face when Spencer mentioned that he had been sketching some merpeople. I actually wanted to ask one of the Slytherin girls who are selkies to let me draw them but.. I don't really know them and thought it'd be a bit rude. I don't want to argue with Slytherins, Miranda told Spencer. She wouldn't say that she was afraid of them but there was a certain.. Respect..

Drawing hippogriphs sounds great though! I've tried it a few times, and failed miserably I have to add. They're really beautiful creatures, She said with a smile on her face. Hippogriphs were probably one of the main reasons why she had chosen Care of Magical Creatures at the beginning of her third year.

Hm.. Miranda thought about what to say. It wasn't easy to describe what muggles were thinking about witches and wizards. Well, it's very difficult to explain. Almost every book says something different because they're just guessing what witches and wizards are like. I've read many books in which the author says that witches and wizards are capable of doing anything. Sometimes they are refered to as really ugly, these are usually the storys that say that witches are bad, but sometimes they say that the witches are beautiful.. Most of the time I read old books from the time when they still thought witches and wizards existed but they thought that we were bad.. I'm really bad at explaining things.. Miranda looked at Spencer with an apologetic smile.

That sounds interesting, she said, thinking about Spencer's words. Maybe I should read some legends at some point..

This post has been edited by Miranda Reiley: Jun 20 2016, 10:55 AM

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Spencer Beilby
 Posted: Jun 20 2016, 05:57 PM

Gryffindor First Year
21 POSTS
14 YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Spencer smiled at Miranda's words and said Ooooooo drawing selkies! now that could be fun! .... assuming they'd let you of course.... and there''s the matter of the known selkies at Hogwarts being Slytherins.... The Slytherins weren't known for being the friendliest bunch...

At her answer Spencer said Well that certainly sounds interesting! Muggles had interesting ideas of what the magical world was like, and their views on witches and wizards seemed to vary. He would have to look up some stories by muggles.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 7 
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ