View All Announcements

Pages: (8) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Seventh Floor Lounge
EDITNAME
 Posted: Aug 21 2011, 02:36 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
59 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Capable huh? She didn't know what to tell her. It was obvious that she was afraid of him with a tone of voice that she did.
PMEmailAIMYIMMSN
^
Payson Rebecca Shnick
 Posted: Aug 21 2011, 02:42 PM

N/A POSTS
YEARS OLD
N/A

Trust me, you have no idea she said crying. She feared her dad for many reasons. She was so afraid of what would happen to her once her mom died. She had no idea what would happen to her. She laid her head down on her knees and continued to cry.
^
EDITNAME
 Posted: Aug 21 2011, 02:45 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
59 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Alyssa hold Payson.. Listen hun. If your dad is pshyco.. How about this? I can protect you from him. If he is that mean and abusive and other crazy bad crap guy. Don't worry. I am here for you. She didn't want Payson to get hurt. She cares about her so much.
PMEmailAIMYIMMSN
^
Payson Rebecca Shnick
 Posted: Sep 1 2011, 04:17 PM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
206 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

She tried to smile at her but she couldn't. She looked at her and said, Thanks, Alyssa, she said as she fought back tears. She couldn't really say anything else. She was too upset.

--------------------
user posted image
Everything done by: Alex Valen THANKS I LOVE IT!!!
PMEmail
^
EDITNAME
 Posted: Sep 1 2011, 04:19 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
59 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Alyssa looked at her.. Well are you hungry?? We can go to the great hall and get something to eat or something. She hated the fact that she was sad. There has to be something to make her happy. but what??
PMEmailAIMYIMMSN
^
Payson Rebecca Shnick
 Posted: Sep 1 2011, 04:33 PM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
206 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

She looked at Alyssa. Thanks, but no. Then she realized she figured out what her dad did to her. How did you know he was abusive? Do you want to see the marks? she asked.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
EDITNAME
 Posted: Sep 1 2011, 04:37 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
59 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Alyssa looked at Pay.. Listen hun.. Obvious that I can tell that he was abusive cause I can tell what your reaction was when I said your dad's name. You went really scared. I saw your reactions and the bruises and the scares. Believe me.. I can tell very easily. She looked at her.. She really need to stay away from him from now on. If she doesn't Alyssa will do something about it.
PMEmailAIMYIMMSN
^
Payson Rebecca Shnick
 Posted: Sep 1 2011, 04:44 PM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
206 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

She looked down, ashamed. Is it really that obvious that he abuses me? she said without looking at her. She felt so ashamed. She had hidden it from people for the longest time. Now someone figured it out without her saying it. She tried not to cry.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
EDITNAME
 Posted: Sep 1 2011, 04:47 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
59 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Yeah it is obvious and it shows.. Just be careful. thats all that matters.. You should put your dad away for what he did to you.. Your underage.. He can't hurt you.
alyssa was worried about her. There has to be way so her father can't abuse her anymore.
PMEmailAIMYIMMSN
^
Payson Rebecca Shnick
 Posted: Sep 1 2011, 04:57 PM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
206 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Payson shook her head no,I wish there was a way that I could get away from him. I wish I could live with my cousin, Sorcha. She is a professor here. she said, still looking at the ground. She doesn't even know my dad does this to me though.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
EDITNAME
 Posted: Sep 1 2011, 04:59 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
59 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Well lets go and see Sorcha and talk to her about this.. She really needs to know about this. She will do something about it. Your safety means something and everything. She really wanted her to do this. There has to be something. It was the right thing to do.
PMEmailAIMYIMMSN
^
Payson Rebecca Shnick
 Posted: Sep 1 2011, 05:09 PM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
206 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

She shook her head no, No, I can't. I will tell her when I am ready. she said. She didn't want to tell Sorcha. She was afraid to tell her. She didn't want her to worry about her. She was used to taking care of herself.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
EDITNAME
 Posted: Sep 1 2011, 05:11 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
59 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

She looked at Pay.. What are you afraid of? You have to tell her. She is family. You go tell her or you still get more abusive and more hurt. She didn't know how to get that in her head. What does she have to do.
PMEmailAIMYIMMSN
^
Payson Rebecca Shnick
 Posted: Sep 1 2011, 05:20 PM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
206 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

She looked at her with fear in her eyes, No I can't, I am not ready to tell her yet. It's not easy to tell her things. she said. She was afraid to tell Sorcha, It was not as easy to talk to her about personal things like this.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
EDITNAME
 Posted: Sep 1 2011, 05:24 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
59 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Do you think that it is easy to tell me this?? It is at the moment. So it should be easy to tell your cousin. Its mostly the same thing and its common sense. What is the bad thing that Professor Sorcha can do? Give you detention or a unforgiven curse?? Alyssa sigh.. How about i go with you and we can talk to her.. or maybe I will go down there an talk to her. Im not afraid to talk to her or even stand up for her.
PMEmailAIMYIMMSN
^
Payson Rebecca Shnick
 Posted: Sep 1 2011, 05:28 PM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
206 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

She thought about it for a little while, No, I think when I am ready to tell her, I should do it on my own. It's what is best for me, I think. I am sorry. she said after thinking about it. She wanted to tell her on her own. It's the best thing for her to do it on her own.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
EDITNAME
 Posted: Sep 1 2011, 05:31 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
59 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Alyssa sigh.. Okay.. I respect your decision. Alyssa sighs she didn't know what to do. It was confusing in the most ways but she was getting tired. Classes were starting soon.
PMEmailAIMYIMMSN
^
EDITNAME
 Posted: Sep 2 2011, 03:08 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
59 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Besides she grabs her hand.. Be better get ready to go to the great hall. We are being sorted into houses.. Well me... exactly and everyone is there.. So lets goooo.... Alyssa tries to get her up on her feet. It was funny and complicated at the same time..

This post has been edited by Alyssa Montgomery: Sep 2 2011, 03:09 PM
PMEmailAIMYIMMSN
^
Ying Fa
 Posted: Sep 8 2011, 01:19 PM

Alumni
6144 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Ying got her first mentee assigned to her for fall term. She is to meet her in the 7th floor lounge. Well actually, this is just for formality's sake because as far as she knows she already met the girl before in the train station and the boat ride. She sent her owl Fokuro to the girl with an invitation to meet her. Now, she's happily sitting on one of the soft couches there. She's wearing her Gryffindor Robe while holding some important papers and hand book in hand. Her gaze flickered to the fire place.

Tag: Emily Carolina, for NK@H Program

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Emily Carolina
 Posted: Sep 8 2011, 06:46 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
556 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Emily received a letter to meet her mentor, Ying. her mentor turned out to be the girl who helped her when she first arrived at Hogwarts. she walked a bit in a hurry because she hates waiting so she hate making people waits. she made a big smile when she arrived. 7th floor lounge, she never been here before, how grateful she is to made it there, without being lost.

Emily saw Ying sitting on a very comfortable couch, looking at the fireplace. "hey Ying! how are you? it's been awhile now. what are we going to do today?". She walked to the comfortable looking sofa and sat beside Ying.

--------------------
user posted image
awesome set by Vera Kwon || my owl Chippy user posted image
PM
^
Ying Fa
 Posted: Sep 9 2011, 03:09 PM

Alumni
6144 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Ying was awaken from her thoughts while staring at the fire by a voice of someone else. She looked up and saw the girl who was supposed to be her mentee. She’s the same girl whom she helped before. “Hello Emily! It’s nice to see you again. I am doing good and I am glad to have you as my mentee.” She smiled warmly to the girl as she sat down beside her and asked her what they are going to do today. “Hmm, since will be considered as our introduction, why don’t we introduced properly? I only know your name but not you personally. Have you settled already?” Just like any other sitting position she’s usually doing, Ying put her feet on the couch and made an Indian sit to be more comfortable while waiting for Emily’s response.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Emily Carolina
 Posted: Sep 9 2011, 10:03 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
556 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"And I'm glad to have you as a mentor!". Emily responded to Ying with an over excited tone. "well, okay, err I guess I already get the hang of making friends but classes haven't started yet so I expected I don't have any problems here.... yet.". she giggled a little and continued "but sometimes I got lost in this huge castle.". She grinned after that. she wasn't sure whether her answers was the ones that Ying was looking for or not. so she leaned back and waited for Ying's expression towards her responds.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ying Fa
 Posted: Sep 10 2011, 09:09 AM

Alumni
6144 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

“Hmm classes. Well I don’t think you’ll have problems with them. If you have difficulty understanding one, you can tell me and I’ll help you. Sometimes practicing spells on your own is kind of boring, I can also help you with that.” During her younger years, she’s only practicing by herself and it’s darn hard, good thing she was able to get through it all alone but now that she’s older and more experienced in spells, she’s very willing to share what she knows and what she learned before.

She laughed at her simple complain of getting lost. “Actually I am always lost, even until now I tend to get lost when the staircase shifted unexpectedly. I think I got late in my classes during my first day in my freshman year because of that stairs.” Thinking of that memory, Ying couldn’t help but smile while recalling her own adventures. “How about your family? Are they all happy that you’re finally here?” She’s not sure if Emily is a pureblood or muggle born, those two have much difference when it comes to reactions.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Emily Carolina
 Posted: Sep 10 2011, 10:36 AM

Gryffindor Third Year
556 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"to be honest, I don't expect my first classes and spells would be good, because everything here is just so new to me. I think at this point I could really use your help so much that I will bother you a lot." again, Emily laughed. she felt so lucky that she has a mentor that's really helpful to get through this hard time of being a not-knowing-anything first year.
Emily a little bit surprised by Ying's statement of being lost. "even living here for more than a year doesn't solve the problem, I assume we are in a serious need of map here, hmm I wonder if there's any map of hogwarts..." Emily didn't think about it so much as the questions are getting more serious.
"ermm, my family... my parents also my whole family are muggles. the only person that knows me being here was my aunt because I was staying her when the letter came. both of my parents don't believe in magic, they're science freaks. so.. happy isn't the right word them... but my aunt was happy though." she added the last part hoping that Ying wouldn't think that she came from a bad family. Emily loved her parents so much and they loved her too, but now that she's in hogwarts might give an 'impact' to them, who knows.

"oh Ying, from the look of you, I'm guessing you came from a part of Asia, didn't you? you might be surprised but I'm half Asian" Emily smiled a little. She felt it is necessary to know one thing or two about her mentor since she's been really helpful to her.

This post has been edited by Emily Carolina: Sep 10 2011, 10:37 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ying Fa
 Posted: Sep 10 2011, 11:18 AM

Alumni
6144 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

“It’s understandable Emily, even my spells during first year is not that good. First timers will really experience failure during first few tries but that’s fine. In our every failure, that’s when we learn how to better ourselves. I had worse so don’t worry if you are not successful during practice.” She felt so frustrated of course but she never back down from any challenges and that’s when she will get it properly.

About the map concern, Ying giggled at her suggestion. “Nah, I am telling you now, it’s also fun to be lost from time to time, you’ll discover some secrets this school is hiding from our watchful eyes. Just don’t be afraid if you saw something, explore it more instead. And I don’t know if there’s really an existing map here, none that I know of but I could be wrong.” She shrugged, being lost is not a big deal for her now, it’s more of something she would always look forward to.

“Oh so your muggle-born, well you’ll be in for a more surprises here, new things for magic and chance for exploration!” Ying exclaimed, if you are a muggle-born, it’s more fun to appreciate these things for it’s all new for you, even she was also excite since she only knows the existence of this world once she got her letter. Her mom hid her knowledge about magical world to her family. “But won’t your family look for you? Won’t they be shock to know you’re..uh, you know..gone from your aunt?”

Ying tossed her hair away and smiled at Emily. “Yes I am half-chinese, half-japanese. What is your nationality then?” She asked her curiously.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Emily Carolina
 Posted: Sep 11 2011, 09:24 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
556 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"well we know what they say, practice makes perfect." Emily laughed. she thought that it relates to the problem that they were talking about.

she was interested with what was just stated by Ying. "so are you a muggleborn too? have you discovered something? yeah, it would be nonsense if this huge castle didn't have anything spectacular to be discovered. of course I won't be scared, I'm a Gryffindor!" she said it with her sparkling eyes and full spirited tone. she was so proud to be part of Gryffindor but she pnly show it to gryffindors so they will be grateful of where they got sorted in the first place.

"and I always love exploring new things especially... magical ones." she continued with a sigh. "well, my family will know it soon or later from my aunt. she told me to leave it all to her, she said she will use an adult way to solve it.". Emily felt terrible about leaving her parents but that was the best way to take.

"I was born in Japan, my mother was Japanese but my father was American, I guess I'm both Japanese American." She laughed at the fact that she was a blend of two lands that's so far away.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ying Fa
 Posted: Sep 12 2011, 03:48 PM

Alumni
6144 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Ying shook her head. “Nop, I am actually a half-blood, my mom’s a witch and my father is a muggle. But my mom hid this world from us. I have no idea about this world until I got my letter. She’s hiding so many things from us especially her pureblood family.” Ying frowned, that is one thing she’s confused about. Provided her relatives maybe bad due to the dark lord regime but were they really that bad? No one can answer her now except her own mom which she is afraid is still missing in action.

At the talk about her exploration, Ying smiled mysteriously and tapped the girl’s shoulder. “Oh you’ll know soon enough Emily. I will that up to you to try and find it. All I can say is that there are so many things worth finding for here. You should just know where and when to find it.” Hmm her first year, she discovered the passage that will lead to the Honeydukes so you can say as a first year in a regular term, she’s able to explore honesydukes with her friends. “It’s a good thing that you have an Aunt who will back you up to explain this to your parents. You will really need a lot of explaining to do if that happens because muggle parents aren’t that easy to justify with.”

She looked at Emily and got excited. "Would you like to tour the castle with me? Where do you wanna go first and we can still talk as we go along?"

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Emily Carolina
 Posted: Sep 12 2011, 09:38 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
556 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Emily nodded to Ying stating her agreement on everything that she told. she already got excited when her mentor said the 'tour' word. this is one of the part she was looking for. "errr. I still didn't know the castle so well, I let you pick the place and I'll happily follow you." she said with a cheery tone.

This post has been edited by Emily Carolina: Sep 12 2011, 09:38 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ying Fa
 Posted: Sep 13 2011, 11:26 AM

Alumni
6144 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Ying stood up happily and reached out her hand to Emily. "Come on then, let's it one at a time, from the higher castle to the school grounds. I hope you are ready for some walking and I would appreciate it if you will have some questions for me for every place that we will visit. That way, you will know something about it that I may have forgotten to mention." All that was being said, she started walking out of the seventh floor lounge to start her tour.

You can still post here as your exit and then follow me to this LINK

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Emily Carolina
 Posted: Sep 13 2011, 10:31 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
556 POSTS
13 YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Emily took Ying's hand and stood up, she nodded to Ying's request. finally, a tour of hogwarts. she already looking forward for it since the first time she arrived. she skipped her way to the exit behind Ying with a burst of excitement filling her heart.

This post has been edited by Emily Carolina: Sep 13 2011, 10:41 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Cora Gael
 Posted: Sep 22 2011, 02:44 PM

Hufflepuff Third Year
272 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

[Tag: Perhaps Vera Kwon.]

Even after a class of napping (Dream Interpretations), Cora was exhausted. It was a nap for classwork and according to Cora, anything that had to do with homework and assignments was tiring. Even sleeping among comfortable cushions. So, when she exited her class, she made her way immediately to the floor's lounge to relax and think, possibly about the dream she had recently experienced.

Cora made herself comfortable on the soft couch and rested her elbow against the sofa's arm, chin resting on its palm. She curled her legs up onto the couch.

--------------------

user posted image
[set by me]

Profile :: Callboard :: Shipper
PMEmail
^
Kyla Parker
 Posted: Sep 27 2011, 09:59 PM

Banned
1542 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

((New RP for tutoring))

Kyla was super excited about the whole tutoring thing. She had signed up as soon as the ad for tutors had gone out. Of course having taken multiple transfiguration course over the years, she had been it down as her forte. She'd even rifled through her trunk to find all the old books she'd used. Of course, they weren't going to do too much but Kyla was a bit of an overachiever. She was a claw after all. After sending an owl to her assigned student, Kyla dashed down to the seventh floor. She ducked into the lounge on the floor and was glad to see it was deserted. She began pulling her old book out of her bag as well as an quill. She then slipped into an empty seat and waited for the girl's arrival.

((Tag: Alestis Imeacht))

--------------------
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Alestis Imeacht
 Posted: Sep 30 2011, 04:12 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
1438 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alestis was a bit nervous about this tutoring thing. She hadn't realized she would need extra teaching on magic. She had always thought that she would be a natural at magic, but it was a lot harder than her Dad made it look. There was a lot more concentration involved, and that was Alestis' weakness. she pushed the door poen to see a keen looking Ravanclaw with a stack of books taller than herself. what had she gotten herself into?! but she needed to pull up her grade somehow. So she plastered on a smile onto her face and went up to the girl and held out her hand, "Hi there! I'm Alestis," she announced.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Kyla Parker
 Posted: Oct 2 2011, 01:34 PM

Banned
1542 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Kyla looked up as a red-headed girl walked into the room and introduced herself. "Nice to meet ya Alestis, I'm Kyla. Well let's get right to it then." Kyla said enthusiastically, clapping her hands together. "So you're taking basic Transfiguration this year right? So what are you most confused on?" She prompted. She didn't want to go on talking about something if Alestis already had the concept down.

((So yeah, just pretend like the class has started already. You can narrow it down to a specific thing or be broad. Up to you biggrin.gif))

--------------------
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Alestis Imeacht
 Posted: Oct 2 2011, 01:52 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
1438 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alestis smiled at the girls approachable manner. she seemed really nice and she was a claw. that always helped. she just hoped that things wouldn't go over her head too much.

"Well, We haven't really done much yet, you know only the first class. I was hoping to go over some of the basic stuff, you know Inanimate object transfiguration first... I don't think I'm at the level of turning something into animate thing yet" she laughed nervously.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Kyla Parker
 Posted: Oct 2 2011, 04:22 PM

Banned
1542 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Kyla thought back to what she'd done in her first couple classes. There hadn't actually used their wands for the first lesson as she seemed to remember. "Oh I don't think you'll have to worry about any thing animate this year. Animal Transfiguration is a whole other subject in itself. Now, in order to be able to transfigure something you have to understand the history behind it. Now can you think of any famous witches or wizards known for their Transfiguration ability?" Kyla prompted. She didn't want to jump into doing spells so soon, as they came much later in the lessons and Kyla didn't want to get ahead of the teacher.

--------------------
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Alestis Imeacht
 Posted: Oct 2 2011, 04:29 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
1438 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alestis thought about it... "hmmm... well I have heard about Professor McGonagall, she used to teach transfiguration here right? and she used to be able to turn into a cat or something? My dad told me about her, she always used to follow him around before Quidditch matches in her cat form..." she giggled, "he said she was stealing his teams ideas, but i think he was probably cheating or something."

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Kyla Parker
 Posted: Oct 5 2011, 08:33 PM

Banned
1542 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

((So sorry I'm slow in replying, college eats me up))

Kyla nodded encouragingly. "Correct. Yeah she was actually pretty well known for her transfiguration ability. But of course, she can't compare to the man himself, Kyla flipped open a page of her old transfiguration book. "Mr. Merlin. Wizard extraordinaire. He was actually the first person to become an animagius you know? It's pretty complicated stuff even back then. So now that we've got a little background on the whole subject, I think it's safe to move on the whole concept of it. Now give me your definition of Transfiguration. Kyla prompted, so that she wasn't the only one talking this whole session. She had a tendency to ramble quite often.

--------------------
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Alestis Imeacht
 Posted: Oct 7 2011, 08:38 AM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
1438 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alestis nodded, that was really interesting about Merlin. She didn't really know anything about him really, only that he had pants and that they were regularly called upon in situations of great need wink.gif

"what could Merlin turn into?" she asked curiously, but then Kyla asked for her definition of Transfiguration.

"Um... well, I suppose its turning an object into another object? Like changing it into something completely different?"

Something else occurred to her about the theory of the thing, "so.. when did witches and wizards start using transfiguration? what would they have needed it for?" she had a sudden vision of witches suddenly turning their bubbling cauldron into a pig or something to hide it from the muggles.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Kyla Parker
 Posted: Oct 9 2011, 10:02 AM

Banned
1542 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Kyla smiled as Alestis began to ask questions, it meant Kyla wasn't making the whole tutoring thing boring. "Merlin could actually turn himself into anything he wanted. Thus why he's sort of the father of Transfiguration" Kyla said with a giggle. She then nodded at Alestis definition of trans. "Right, now what's super important to remember about Transfiguration is it's use can be extended into other kinds of magic as well." She paused before answering the other question that had been asked. [color=blue]"Well, I would assume the idea of transfiguration has been around since magic itself. I think the spells involved around it would have developed over the years., you know?" Kyla offered.

--------------------
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Alestis Imeacht
 Posted: Oct 9 2011, 01:53 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
1438 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"Aw cool! That's pretty amazing, I'd love to turn into anything!" she said eagerly bouncing on the edge of her seat. she nodded and looked carefully at her tutor. she was really brilliant. she really knew her stuff.

"so its sort of a natural progression, oh i see, " she said taking it all in.

"So, So what kind of transfiguration is there? are there different sorts?"

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Kyla Parker
 Posted: Oct 10 2011, 07:18 PM

Banned
1542 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Kyla grinned at Alestis enthusiasm for the subject. It was nice to see someone actually taking interest in the subject. "Exactly!" Kyla said in response to Alestis' seeing it as natural progression. Things were moving quite fast. "Well there's quite a bit of different types of Transfiguration. Hogwarts offers some of the them, animal trans, conjuring, that sort of stuff. Anyway, that's not too important to know for basic Transfig." She reached for her bag and pulled out a quill. "Alright so I suppose you've worked on transfiguring a quill to a pencil right?" Kyla pulled out her wand and pointed it at the quill. "Lorit Verto." The quill wrapped around itself and became a pencil. "Alright, why don't you give it try. Remember a pencil to a quill is Verto Lorit."

--------------------
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Alestis Imeacht
 Posted: Oct 13 2011, 02:45 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
1438 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alestis was delighted to be working with actual transfiguration! She whipped out her wand and her Quill too and said as a precaution , "I'm not very good at this one, I never managed it in classes" then she pointed her wand at the Quill and said, like Kyla "Lorit Verto." the quill feathers fluttered and then turned wooden... they didnt wrap around at all... she sighed frustrated, "See! I cant do it!"

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Kyla Parker
 Posted: Oct 15 2011, 01:57 PM

Banned
1542 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Kyla watched patiently as Alestis tried, unsuccessfully, to transform the quill. "It's okay, no one gets it on their first couple tries. You just have concentrate. Think hard about what you want the quill to do. Visualize it. I find it helps as well to think "Quill to pencil" over in my head. Go ahead and try again, you've got half of it transfigured already." Kyla gestured to the wooden quill.

--------------------
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Alestis Imeacht
 Posted: Oct 18 2011, 06:43 AM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
1438 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alestis sighed, she thought that Kyla really had more confidance in her than she should. but she shrugged and tried again.

"Lorit Verto!" she said closing her eyes tight and imagining the wooden wonky quill to smooth into a pencil... she opened her left eye to see if she had made any difference...there lying innocently on the table, glinting mischeviously at her was the most beautiful pencil in the universe!

"I did that?" she asked disbelievingly. surely her tutor had just switched the wooden half transfigured quill with er own pencil, "did I REALLY do that?!" she asked the glee gone from her voice and suspicion taking its place.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Kyla Parker
 Posted: Oct 18 2011, 11:36 PM

Banned
1542 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Kyla watched as Ales took another stab at the spell. She grinned as the quill became completely wooden though understandably a little hesitant that she'd done it herself. "Yep, that was all you. Great job!" Kyla encouraged. She picked up the pencil and rolled it between her fingers. Practice made perfect after all. "Alright, now let's get this back to it's quill form. Tap your wand on the pencil and say 'Verto Lorit.'" She put the pencil in front of Ales and waited.

--------------------
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Alestis Imeacht
 Posted: Oct 19 2011, 01:26 AM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
1438 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alestis almost groaned. She had just gotten it to change and now she had to change it back! She wanted to take a picture of this epic moment of her magical career to show everyone that she could do it. But if she had to then she could understand that. It had been easier to reverse the spell in class, but that had been because she hadn't transfigured it totally. But she would give it a go. She didn't totally believe that she had managed to transfigured it at all so this time she kept her eyes open. "Verto Lorit!" she said making the correct movement, this time the pencil melted on the table and the puddle of molten wood dried and split into a feather! She had done it! And she had watched that time! There had been no foul play at all!!

She jumped up and screamed as she threw herself on Kyla in a big hug, "I didn't think I'd ever be able to do any magic! I'm really bad at all the other classes!" a sudden sob burst unexpectedly from her throat and she pulled away from her tutor, shocked at the fact that she was crying and embarrassed that anyone had to see, especially someone older than her!

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Kyla Parker
 Posted: Oct 19 2011, 08:29 PM

Banned
1542 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Kyla had been in the middle of a little golf clap when Ales attacked hug tackled her. She was lucky she'd been sitting down, as Kyla had terrible balance issues. The girl was thanking her and then, was she crying? It was a bit overwhelming for Kyla. It took her a minute to process what to say. "Nonsense, Hogwarts wouldn't have invited you to come to school if you didn't any magic in you." She said brightly, beaming at Ales.

--------------------
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Alestis Imeacht
 Posted: Oct 21 2011, 03:44 AM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
1438 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alestis wiped her eyes, "Sorry, It's just I'm not great getting this at all, Everyone always makes it look so easy!" she sat back into her seat leaving her poor tutor alone. She was wondering what else they could learn, or was this the end of this tutoring session.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Kyla Parker
 Posted: Oct 22 2011, 10:14 AM

Banned
1542 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Kyla smiled gently as Ales took a seat. "Don't worry about it." Kyla said dismissively. She would have had the same reaction if she'd been working hard at a spell. "Well, I guess that about wraps things up for the time being. If you need help, just send me an owl." Kyla said as she packed up her things. "See ya!" Kyla called as she opened the door and left the room.

--------------------
PMWebsiteYIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (8) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ