View All Announcements

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Small Lounge, a quiet nook off the stairs.
Brennan Tavish
 Posted: Jun 15 2011, 10:58 PM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
494 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

user posted image

This post has been edited by Prof. Gabriella Moretti: Nov 4 2011, 07:33 PM

--------------------
user posted image

If you see me posting, I'm not plotting... Join in.
PMEmail
^
Malcolm Borden
 Posted: Jun 15 2011, 11:09 PM

N/A POSTS
YEARS OLD
N/A

Malcolm was clueless as to why anyone would invite him to have a snack because one he didn't know a lot of people and two most of the ones he did know would rather hide under a rock than be in the same room as him. He hiked up to the Tower and blew out a sigh, glad that this was not taking place in a Puff or Gryff Room. Why? Cause he would have to set the room on fire then. He took a seat and pulled out a sheaf of paper (that he kept with him), which he began to read.
^
Brennan Tavish
 Posted: Jun 15 2011, 11:14 PM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
494 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Making her way up the stairs Brennan was curious to see if any of the kids she had owled had actually shown up for a bit of midnight fun. The recent uphevel in the school making it much easier to pretend it was break so the rules were looser. Spying a dark haired boy in one of the seats Bre hoped he was nice. Um... Hi. The basket of goodies was getting heavy though so without saying more just yet the claw headed for the nearest table to set it down.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Malcolm Borden
 Posted: Jun 15 2011, 11:23 PM

N/A POSTS
YEARS OLD
N/A

Hello. He spoke in a voice that was as cold and harsh as the arctic turban, from behind the paper in his hands. Before he would eat or remain in the same room as this person; Malcolm needed two pieces of information about them. He cleared his throat and pulled out a quill from behind his ear, which he placed on the middle of the paper. The quill was one of the quick quote ones. Name and Blood Statue? I am doing a personal survey.
^
Brennan Tavish
 Posted: Jun 15 2011, 11:35 PM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
494 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Yep her eyebrows were already heading for the ceiling as her left hand found her hip. "Personal survey my left boot. Any slytherin in this school would love to be allowed to walk around asking that question all day long." Well at least it answered her own question about who this boy was. The sly with the unfamiliar name.

Turning back to her task Bre set about pulling out a plate of perfectly decorated donuts. My name is Brennan Tavish, and you'll find out soon enough I come from one of the old families... How did you manage to transfer schools without a triwazard running?" Ya, that was a far more important question. Keeping her hands busy pulling out bottles of milk and butterbeer the girl waited for an answer without looking all noisy.

This post has been edited by Brennan Tavish: Jun 15 2011, 11:42 PM

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Malcolm Borden
 Posted: Jun 16 2011, 12:00 AM

N/A POSTS
YEARS OLD
N/A

I see not all students at this school are as dense as a London Fog. Malcolm said back in a snide tone with a hint of amusement in his voice that people seldom heard in him, unless they count when he tortured others. She must be a Claw because he doubted anybody from another house would be that quick to see the truth behind his survey. Once the quill had finished copying Brennan's information, he rolled up the paper and slide into the inside pocket of his robes with a smirk on his lips. I blame the transfer on the fact that the other school I attended didn't like it that me and my twin, tortured a mudblood into madness. The name is Malcolm Borden.
^
Brennan Tavish
 Posted: Jun 16 2011, 12:19 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
494 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

So quick an assessment, and yet the girl couldn't help a bit of pride soothing the affront of his survey. "Are you for real?" There were some mad stories about the school from before her time, but Brennan just didn't think it right that wizards be allowed to mingle with polite society after doing such things to another human being. And you get to be in school at all?"

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Malcolm Borden
 Posted: Jun 16 2011, 12:38 AM

N/A POSTS
YEARS OLD
N/A

Yes, I am. One thing people learned quick about Malcolm was that he never joked about such things and in truth he seldom joked period. At her question, he brought his hand up and pointed his finger at the Slytherin emblem on his chest with a wider smirk. My Grandfather has some pull in the Ministry, plus he donated a few galleons to this School. Besides, I doubt the Headmistress here even cares about that kind of thing. Is that food for looking or eating?
^
Brennan Tavish
 Posted: Jun 16 2011, 12:46 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
494 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Taking in all the things he said with a minimum of reaction Bre couldn't help but be slightly sickened at the reminder that their Head Mistress was really the sort that that sort of thing could be said about. "For eating of course. Help yourself as we seem to be the only ones that wanted a spot to eat tonight." Picking up her own milk and a lovely chocolate frosted with cherries before going to curl on the nearest seat of the couch.

"So was that your first adventure with a muggle?" The claw couldn't help but ask. Curiosity did tend to be a side effect of the blue house.

This post has been edited by Brennan Tavish: Jun 16 2011, 12:58 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Malcolm Borden
 Posted: Jun 16 2011, 12:54 AM

N/A POSTS
YEARS OLD
N/A

Malcolm sent a small nod in her direction and rose to his feet, hearing that food was there to be eaten. He could have, simply, stood up and took some but he had been instilled a bit of manners in him by his Mother, Father and Grandfather, The only time manners didn't count was around Mudbloods. He picked out an apple, cookie and milk for himself, replacing his smirk with a cold smile. No, I had tortured plenty of mudbloods before that day but that was the one that almost expelled me. Are you always this curious?
^
Brennan Tavish
 Posted: Jun 16 2011, 01:08 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
494 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Chewing a bit Bren licked her lips behind her hand before speaking. "Are you always this likely to answer random questions by some girl you've just met?" She teased.

I've never had trouble with asking any question I want the answer too. Or going to find the answer if one isn't readily available." A small roll of her shoulder taking in the news and putting it away for later. But then I've never felt the need to impart pain on purpose. I'll probably never be a healer either."

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Malcolm Borden
 Posted: Jun 16 2011, 01:27 AM

N/A POSTS
YEARS OLD
N/A

Only ones that I find a touch intriguing. Malcolm was to open with people in general but as stated above, Brennan intrigued him. Besides, it didn't hurt that she was attractive. He took a bite from the apple and chewed it, slowly, listening to the response she chose to hand him to his question. Pain is part of life and I only impart pain on Mudbloods, Blood Traitors and others of that nature. What are your feelings on mudbloods?
^
Brennan Tavish
 Posted: Jun 16 2011, 01:56 AM

Ravenclaw Sixth Year
494 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Plucking a cherry off the top of her treat and studying it before popping the candied fruit in her mouth Brennan listened to his answer and tried to formulate one of her own. "I'm confident in building this school Salazar had a part in setting up the sorting hat, and in that, no one that's ever sat under it and been claimed for the school didn't deserve to be called a wizard or a witch.

So it comes to reason that at least at our school the students are worthy regardless of parentage. It is nice for the kids if both parents come from magic, but really some of the families make ugly babies and a bit of muggle to get the looks up wouldn't be a bad thing."
Brennan was actually quite convinced that there were enough stop gaps in place to make sure witches were witches, but that just didn't change the fact she had very little use for the completely non magical.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Menelvir Gilnaur
 Posted: Jun 16 2011, 06:21 AM

Alumni
3685 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

((OOC: Hope it's alright if I join? I saw this on the looking to RP thread, so... ))

It was getting late-ish, and if it were still term time, Menelvir would have been locked in the Ravenclaw tower, burning midnight oil. But the term was over, as were her OWLs. Time for a nighttime stroll!

From afar, Menelvir spotted a tiny lounge in the North Tower. Menelvir did not remember seeing it before, but it sure looked cozy. Eager to find new reading spots, Menelvir made her way over. She heard voices from inside as she approached, however. Peeping in cautiously, Menelvir saw a couple inside. A boy and a girl, tucked away in this far off corner late at night. Menelvir wondered if she was being an uninvited intruder. She turned quickly to leave.

--------------------
user posted image
Nei is totally awesome~~ <3
PMEmailMSN
^
Malcolm Borden
 Posted: Jun 16 2011, 08:42 PM

N/A POSTS
YEARS OLD
N/A

Malcolm picked up the glass and took a small sip from it, which he almost spit out due to one part of the response Brennan had come up with to his question. He did manage to sallow his milk and take a bite of the cookie, making a face that made him look as though he had eaten a rather sour lemon. Wrong. Unless the person is pure, they have no right to be here. And I don't care how ugly a baby is no family should have their blood tainted. He had high hopes she had been brought up to have been instilled the same views as him but alas he had been mistaken. At the sound of another approaching, Malcolm slide his wand out of the pocket of his robes and sent a trip jinx toward them, mumbling the spell under his breath with a quick flick of his wand.
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jun 21 2011, 02:35 PM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

((Open RP))
((And new RP because it has been almost a week))

Oliver made his way out of the common room and started to explore other areas of the tower. During his rounds about the northern tower he stumbled upon a deserted lounge. After poking his head in and deciding the couches looked too comfortable to resist, Oliver made his way in.

He plopped down on one of the aforementioned furniture pieces and smiled to himself. It was as enjoyable as he imagined.

--------------------

user posted image

Thanks to Eve for the signature <3
PM
^
Xander Ryuu
 Posted: Jun 26 2011, 11:18 AM

Gryffindor Seventh Year
2609 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

(been almost a week - continuation from old site)
    Xander reached out his hand to Dylan, “Sure why not? I need more friends, guy friends. Girls have been bugging me since I came here. Would be nice to have more friends who have the same interests.” He was honest with what he said, normally if it’s a girl, it would take a lot of effort for them to get his attention or trust. No, get him wrong, he is not that bad, girls just confuse him big time which led him to be easily annoyed. “Yes I miss my friends, they didn’t know what happened to me after the last term in my muggle school. It was the time I received my letter from Hogwarts. By the way what is your nationality? I mean where did you came from?” Only few became worthy to be close to him, if he let the person call him Xy, that means he is one of his close friends, even to the point of being best friends. And as of now, only two persons are calling him that – Adria and Dyl. Chester is free to call him that too but the dude is missing in action now due to rl issue. “I am always in detention because according to my professors I am such a minie and direct to the point. But for me, being honest is always a good thing. Why would I please them and tell lies if it’s not even true.” He grumbles because really it’s ridiculous wherever you look at it. He laughed shortly at Dyl’s reaction of what he did before. “I told you, you wouldn’t like it. That was before and it’s been 4 years, I won’t do that again. Those were just my crazy years as a child.” Talking about bands, his ears perked up. “Really you want to form a band too? That would be cool!” He is visibly grinning now from excitement at the idea that they can form a band here. He thought it’s not allowed.

--------------------
user posted image
Ryuu Callboard lll The Ryuus by Ji lll The Gryff Gang by Vera lll Crazy Gryffs by Amelia
Thank you sweetie Vera for the cool set! I am a Telepath, so beware!
PM
^
Dylan Everett
 Posted: Jun 29 2011, 05:49 AM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
618 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Dylan shook Xander's hand while grinning from ear to ear. "Girls? I have the same problem. If they're not itching to curse me, they are so giggly or annoying or flirting. I don't know until when I can put up with all the craziness." Seriously, if Dylan was brought up differently, he'll be always in detention for cursing everyone who annoys him. And I really mean everyone. Let's just say that his annoyances are lucky he's calm and it really takes a lot of teasing and whatever to take him off the edge. "I'm half-Irish, half-Filipino. My family move around a lot. I grew up in Ireland but we went to the Philippines when I was three then to USA when I was 9." It's very hard for him to move around at such a young age. Maybe that's why Danica, his older sister is such a b!tch. No permanent place, friends, everything but then, nothing in this world is permanent. The only thing that is constant is life is changes. "I totally agree with you. I think that a hurtful truth is better than every lie. I didn't say that I don't like what you did before but man that was soooo disgusting. And I'm sure you'll be expelled if ever you attempt to put cockroaches on any professor's sandwich before you can even say 'cockroach'" Dylan was pleasantly surprised when he heard Xander wants to form a band too. "I hope they have a club for aspiring musicians like us. I know there's one but it's as good as dead so yeah." he shrugged at that.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Xander Ryuu
 Posted: Jun 29 2011, 01:35 PM

Gryffindor Seventh Year
2609 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Xander waved his right hand carelessly while chuckling amusedly at Dylan. “Oh you’ll get use to it, trust me. Before coming here I thought I don’t have to put up with girls and don’t have to deal with them but on my first day you won’t believe what happened to me.” He said as he shook his head. If only looks could kill, he would have killed lots of them. And that giggling attitude and obvious attempt of flirting? Even the most insane guy will notice that. His musing was cut off when Dylan told him his nationality. “Whoa hold on right there dude, you’re also half-Filipino!? So you know how to speak in tagalog right?” He asked him with wide eyes, shock at the revelation. This is certainly the second person he knew that got a Filipino blood. “I am Half-Filipino and Half-Korean. My mom’s an actress in the Philippines and my dad’s a chemist in Korea. My mom already left showbizness to be with us in Seoul.” Some say they are rich for muggle standard but for magical world, all of those are nothing. He cannot even say he has a big fat savings under his name if he cannot convert it to galleons. He laughed at Dylan’s humor, “Yeah I totally agree with you there but being truthful always leads me to trouble and I don’t know why. And like I said, you wouldn’t want to know what I did, it’s just the product of my childhood and stubbornness.” Talking about that music club, he heard of that one too but not sure if he listed his name on it. “If there’s none, we can always initiate the formation of it.” He grinned.

This post has been edited by Xander Ryuu: Jun 29 2011, 01:36 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Ryuu Callboard lll The Ryuus by Ji lll The Gryff Gang by Vera lll Crazy Gryffs by Amelia
PM
^
Dylan Everett
 Posted: Jul 4 2011, 07:09 AM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
618 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Dylan was openly curious about what happened to Xy on his first day here. "What happened? Got trapped in a room full of squealing girls trying to catch you attention? Or got lost in a crowd of giggling fan girls who can't get enough of you?" he asked as he grinned. Dylan himself don't know what is more horrifying. And he's not too keen to find out either. Dylan raised an eyebrow when Xander told him to stop right there. It was a pleasant surprise that Xy is also half-Filipino. "What a coincidence, but of course! I know how to speak in tagalog. It's like, my first language. That's how my mom talks to me. She said she don't want me to forget anything about being a Filipino." Then he told him about his parents. "Your mom was an actress? Who is she? might know her." Because the writer is currently brain dead, forgive her for this very lame post. Dylan just nodded about the honesty thing. And lastly, "It'll be totally awesome to be part of a cool club. I really miss expressing myself through music."

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Xander Ryuu
 Posted: Jul 6 2011, 02:03 PM

Gryffindor Seventh Year
2609 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Xander glared at Dylan at his joke about giggling fan girls. “Not funny dude but I am sidetracked at one of the tower staircase by a girl from our house. She sort of..uh..” Xander struggled for words because the girl is damn annoying. “Pressed her palm on my chest and look at me like I’m a food to devour.” That was the most embarrassing, most stupid situation he had even been too. “And after that place I went to the lake in the afternoon and saw a girl was about to jump off the bridge. I didn’t know girls are weirder here than in muggle world.”

Being a Filipino made Xander very proud, Dylan’s mom is just like his mom. “Yes my mom taught me how to speak in tagalong and will always remind me to speak in tagalong when talking to her and some of my Filipino cousins. She will ask me to say the numbers and days in tagalong just to make I will not forget it.” Actually if her mom will be the one to choose, she wants her children to grow up and study in the Philippines but his dad was very adamant to live in Korea instead because of his work. “Uh my mom? Sorry but I am not allowed to say it but just to give you a clue, her surname is Revilla.” He smirked. Whenever he’s in the Philippines, expect that he will not have any privacy that’s why he cannot stay in that country longer than he wants to because of his paparazzi.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Desdaemona Rhodes
 Posted: Jul 10 2011, 01:01 AM

Unsorted Member
4146 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

(( New RP: Tag, Lestasia & ...? We're borrowing the location ... it's been 4 days. You're welcome to join in or RP around us!))

Des, Des desperately needed a respite from the daily drum of everything going on. She carefully and sorely made her way up into the old tower and the small nook therein, glancing around to make sure that she was alone. She peeled off her bag, then setting it down on the floor followed by her long sleeved RavenClaw robe. Everyone thought she was somewhat out of her mind, wearing long sleeves in this humidity. She winced, and carefully peeled up the arms of her shirt however, revealing several bandages that needed changing.

And this, she just couldn't explain.

So she took out a first aid kit and carefully peeled off one bandage, beginning to clean the glass-thin but slightly deep wound.

This post has been edited by Desdaemona Rhodes: Jul 10 2011, 01:16 AM

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Lestatia Saphira LeGrande
 Posted: Jul 10 2011, 01:24 AM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia ran in from outside, not stopping until she found herself in a corridor she'd never been in before. She clutched a crumpled paper in her left hand, and held her right hand close to her chest like it was in an imaginary sling. She pulled open a door and went up a long flight of stairs. She'd just had a bad >>encounter<<with that horrible, cottonbrained idiotic bully, and she was more angry and upset than she'd been in.. she couldn't even remember how long!

Lestatia really hoped there was no one in this area. She didn't want to be near anyone right now. She stepped through a door and glanced around, and didn't notice anyone. The room was quiet, and she closed the door silently and wished that she could lock it. Shaking a little, she leaned against a stone wall and bit her lip, struggling with her emotions. But it was a losing battle this time.

She slid down to sit on the floor with her back against the wall, knees drawn up to her chest. She rested her right wrist, which still throbbed in terrible pain, lightly on the floor beside her, using her left to hold her knees. Her eyes were filled with tears and so blurred she couldn't see. She put her head down on her knees and clenched her teeth hard to try and fight the tears, and to try and force back the emotions that had raged up in her today.

Then she couldn't hold back anymore, and started crying, sobbing almost brokenly, hugging her knees tightly with her uninjured hand as she forgot about everything and let it loose. She hadn't let herself cry in years, not since she was about 5 or 6. She still clutched that stupid paper, a letter from her father, in her hand. Why did this have to happen? She cried harder, and was, in the back of her mind, surprised that she was even able to cry so hard, sobbing like that.

It sounded weird and shocking and horrible to hear herself crying like this, but she couldn't stop. It seemed like she was someone else entirely, because Lestatia didn't cry! She was tough, she didn't cry, it was just something she didn't do. But here she was, sobbing her heart out, alone up in some tower place because some stupid boy said some things.. well it was more than that actually, but she was just so.. upset and angry and hurt!

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Desdaemona Rhodes
 Posted: Jul 10 2011, 01:32 AM

Unsorted Member
4146 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Des reacted to the situation very much like a cat that just realized something was in the area. Her shoulders hunched, defensively, and her eyes narrowed. She didn't turn to look, but she did pause to listen, trying to deign first the flight into the room and the flurry of steps followed by the slamming and the sobbing. So, Des deducted that someone hadn't followed her up here, and thereby had no idea that their private moment was a little less than.

Then again, so was hers.

She pushed the bandage back on with a grit of her teeth and shoved her first aid kit into her bag. It was about then that she let the sounds register in her mind... ::Someone is -crying-:: she thought to herself and inhaled sharply. What if it was some proud, elder Slytherin girl who'd gotten jilted and could probably out-duel her? Should she just stay quiet behind the couch in true, Gone with the Wind fashion? Urk ,Des... Des had no idea. She just knew that she couldn't in good conscious do nothing. So, she slipped on the robe, and her backpack, trying to shake off the searing pain and stood. She was mildly concerned to see one of her young Wards.

Her backpack was down now, on the ground and Des was then sitting in front of her. Silently. Ninja-Des. Waiting.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
 Posted: Jul 10 2011, 01:51 AM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia continued crying for a few minutes, or it seemed like it to her. She wasn't sure how long it was, because, well she wasn't timing herself. That'd be really weird, to time yourself while you're having a crying break-down. Then she heard a small noise. She wasn't entirely sure she'd really heard something, with all the sobbing and stuff, but when she looked up she was highly startled to see someone sitting in front of her.

She jumped, gasping a little as she did. Then winced as she hit her head back against the wall, and accidentally put her hand down to rest her weight on it, to catch her balance because when she jumped, she almost fell over. Her right hand. The one with the sprained wrist which was already hurting a lot.
"OW!" She exclaimed with a gasp, pulling her hand back to her swiftly and falling on her right side on the floor.

Her eyes again filled with tears, she bit her lip and tried to keep them in but her wrist just hurt so much.. and then the sobbing came back anew and she started crying again, much as she tried not to because there was someone there and she hated for anyone to see her cry!
"W-wha-t" -sob sob- "do y-yo-u" -sob- "wa-ant...?" She finally got out through her annoying bout of crying and hiccups and sobs.

She had curled into a ball on her side and tried to hold her right hand so it wouldn't be bumped or anything, while partially shielding her wrist with her other hand, as if to protect it from further harm. Through her tear-blurred vision, she couldn't even see who it was that was there, for all she knew it could even be Cottonbrain!

--------------------
^
Desdaemona Rhodes
 Posted: Jul 10 2011, 02:04 AM

Unsorted Member
4146 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ok, so Des hadn’t thought that she would have actually been able to sneak up on the girl. She more thought that she would have been heard on the way over, and that there was no way that she had no idea there wasn’t someone sitting in her aura. When SHE started, DES startled. She let out a girly scream when Lestasia jumped, and jumped herself. Now, an end table went rear-end-over-tea-kettle and clanged to the floor around the same time that pandemonium was happening with the poor first year claw. Des fumbled to catch, it, or the girl and slipped on her own robes, landing in her own heap. “Flock of Seagulls!” She said, explicitly, which was her way of censoring herself. She winced painfully, and looked over at the girl.

Then, Des laughed. She couldn’t help it. She looked away from Lestasia and laughed at the humor of it all so as to keep from crying; amidst her laughs were small twinges of pain. She stopped a moment later, and shook her head. She stayed on the ground, though. “You going to live, Lestasia?” She asked, trying again to not laugh. It was hard. The entire thing sat humorously in her stomach.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
 Posted: Jul 10 2011, 02:19 AM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

There was a loud clatter, and then someone was laughing.. laughing at her? What kind of person laughed at someone who was crying? Lestatia didn't even laugh at Cottonbrain when he burst into tears, though later she'd thought it was pretty funny that he was such a baby. But to laugh at someone while they were miserably crying their eyes out?

Puzzled, she wiped her eyes to try and clear her vision a bit, sat up and looked to see who was there, and why they were laughing. Lestatia didn't find it funny one bit. Her head hurt, her wrist hurt, and she was extremely unhappy and a bunch other stuff, and she just didn't like to be laughed at, at least not in such circumstances.

Her breath still came in little sobs and hiccups from how hard she'd been crying as she pulled her knees back up like they'd been blinked several times to help clear away the tears, and saw.. Des?
"W-hy you.. l-laughing at m-me?" She asked, sniffling a bit, starting to feel a bit more hurt, inside. She was still shaking a little, though whether it was from all those built up emotions or just the fact that she'd been crying, that was hard to say.

This post has been edited by Lestatia Saphira LeGrande: Jul 10 2011, 02:20 AM

--------------------
^
Desdaemona Rhodes
 Posted: Jul 10 2011, 02:27 AM

Unsorted Member
4146 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Des gave a small shake of her head, and carefully with deliberate movements got to her feet in as few movements as possible. She raised a brown, curiously to Lestasia though there was the occasional twinge in her eye of pain. From the fall, most likely; but at her words Des just shook her head. She could see the girls, point though. ”Not laughing at you. Laughing because this is the perfect end to my perfect day,” she said, now standing and looking around at the clutter. She gave a sigh, and then wincingly reached for the table, propping it upright. “Laughing so as to keep from weeping. Haven’t you ever hurt so much that you laughed at the irony of the situation?”

She gave her a small, private shrug, and then plucked up a silver candelabra and the candles for it, resetting them back on the table with a twitch. “I was sitting in here, and heard someone run in. You run in. I came to see if you were all-right, and then sheer havoc. Irony.” She said, though it was almost guaranteed that the girl didn’t know why. Des noted that the girl was favouring a wrist, but otherwise didn’t seem to have blood spurting from anywhere.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
 Posted: Jul 10 2011, 02:41 AM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia listened as Des talked, and relaxed a little. Oh so she wasn't laughing at Lestatia. She was glad to hear that. She took a deep, shaky breath and let it out slowly, then rested her forehead on her knees again, not wanting to let Des see that those stupid tears were coming back.

Hurt so much that you laughed at the irony of the situation? Lestatia had never thought to laugh because she was hurting. She usually bottled it up and then went off to go break some rule to make herself feel better, or just pull a prank or cause mischief. She shook her head slowly in reply to that question.

"No, I.. never-thought-of that." She said haltingly. Oh how she hated crying. This was why she didn't let herself cry. She hated how she sounded right now, all hiccupy and sobby and stuff. The robes over her knees, and the black jeans underneath the robes, were quite wet now with her tears.

--------------------
^
Desdaemona Rhodes
 Posted: Jul 10 2011, 02:46 AM

Unsorted Member
4146 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Des gave a small sigh, taking a small foot stool and turning it right side up again. She sat on it, next to or in front of Lestasia once more. She considered relaxing her arms onto her legs but thought better of the aching in her limbs. She considered - what had she been doing running up here? Who was she running from and what happened? Des grew rather concerned. "What happened, Lestasia?" She said in a very ...parental? tone that sounded like she just might give a darn about the girl. She tried to take in her appearance; torn or tattered clothes or bruises on her face. . .

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
 Posted: Jul 10 2011, 03:06 AM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"What happened, Lestasia?" Des asked, and Lestatia bit her lip, hesitating. Finally, with another sniffle, she looked up and wiped her eyes with her left hand, finally realizing that she was still holding that stupid letter. She wadded it into a tighter ball and shoved it in her pocket. She couldn't let anyone else see that!

She considered telling her that she was fine and that nothing had happened, but then that would be a lie and Lestatia didn't tell lies. She might be a troublemaking sarcastic disrespectful rebellious girl, and she might bend the truth a little occasionally, but she didn't tell lies. Plus, she remembered that she wanted to tell Des about this yesterday anyway, she just hadn't known how to get ahold of her because she hadn't been paying attention when she told her how to contact her. Pulling her right hand gently into her lap, she sighed and looked down.

"Yesterday, I was minding my own business, just petting a horse in the >>stables<<, and that mean, stupid Slytherin boy, Cottonbrain, he came zooming in on his broomstick, and he's a first year I should add," She made sure to add that, because the rules stated that first years weren't allowed to have brooms. Of course, she had no idea that it wasn't his broom. "He almost plowed right into me, and he was coming really fast, so I managed to jump out of the way but he knocked me down as he passed by, so I fell back into the wall and hit my head really hard and it hurt, then the horses got all spooked so I was trying to calm them down."

She thought for a moment, remembering back. "So then I asked if he was ok and he burst into tears. So I offered him some chocolate, one of those that you gave me the other day when we met, cause I still had some in my pocket, and he yelled at me to leave him alone and started saying mean things to me, so I started to leave, then he pushed me down and I hurt my wrist." She explained. She stared at her wrist, which still hurt a lot and was still rather swollen. Her story explained how she got hurt, but not what had happened most recently or why she was crying like that. Was she ready to tell about that?

This post has been edited by Lestatia Saphira LeGrande: Jul 10 2011, 03:14 AM

--------------------
^
Desdaemona Rhodes
 Posted: Jul 10 2011, 03:24 AM

Unsorted Member
4146 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Des considered the words that she heard, listening for the truth. Truths were like these little things that you could divide up a- a pie if you will - and leave out an entire big slice. She hardly doubted that the two young rivals didn't exchange words or do something to one another, earning their animosity. But now, it had gone a little too far. It had went beyond cotton throwing and name calling, and people were getting hurt.

Like it or not, Des needed a solution to this issue. "I see, so you were injured by another student, someone from House Slytherin. " she added, her frown deepening. Snakes were a strange lot- one could stir up the entire nest and you'd find that the one on the wrong end was being devoured, picked on and harassed by just about everyone. She understood that the house had a no weakness policy, but what to do? She would have to consider that. In the meanwhile, she made a motion for the girls wrist, extracting her wand and some bandages that were so handily available in a first aid kit. Either Des was a Serious Prefect, or she just happened to be prepared. Or had divine awareness. Regardless, Des pulled out a piece of chocolate and offered it towards her good hand.

With the slightly mangled wrist, Des put her hand under Lestasia's hand (GM permission by player) and started off with a minor healing charm - the only one she had. "Episkey... she said, then explaining the charm, "this will take care of the minor bruises... Ferula," She said taking the wand and circling it near the bandages and then circling around the sprained wrist. Des wasn't sure it was a sprain but until she could convince her to see a healer better to have it stabilized. " is to wrap it. You should see a healer to make sure there's no nerve damage. And then tell me what happened today that had you in tears flying up the towers." More Chocolate pieces. Mmm.

This post has been edited by Desdaemona Rhodes: Jul 11 2011, 01:42 AM

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
 Posted: Jul 10 2011, 03:39 AM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia smiled a little as she was offered more chocolate. Only problem was, she had only one hand to use. It was difficult opening a wrapper on a piece of chocolate with only one hand, after all. But she'd managed back in the stables, and she'd manage now. She was determined, especially when there was something coming between her and chocolate! She used her teeth along with her left hand to open the wrapper, then ate the chocolate.

She nodded to confirm what Des had asked.
"His name's Sebastian." She informed her. "Delroy." She added his last name. Ok so she was more than ready to supply any necessary information that might get him a detention. He deserved it, big time. She winced and flinched her hand away a bit as Des touched her injured wrist, but then tried to hold still. It soon began feeling better. Like it was healing rapidly. Wow that was cool! "You should see a healer to make sure there's no nerve damage. And then tell me what happened today that had you in tears flying up the towers."

Lestatia bit her lip and fell silent, watching as Des went about healing her wrist. She thought for while. She didn't want to go to the hospital wing. She'd refused when her dorm mates told her to go. And she wasn't so sure whether she wanted to talk about what just happened. Finally, staring down at her lap for a few minutes in silent thought, she asked in a small, quiet voice,
"Des... what does it mean to call someone 'mudblood'?" She waited a second, then looked up at her curiously and a little hesitantly.

This post has been edited by Lestatia Saphira LeGrande: Jul 11 2011, 12:42 AM

--------------------
^
Desdaemona Rhodes
 Posted: Jul 11 2011, 01:54 AM

Unsorted Member
4146 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

There were three things, three count them, in the history of Des's life - who was a pacifist, by the by - where her blood had boiled. She didn't get humiliated; and even when Des had managed a stupid thing or two, she had taken her plate with a grain of salt. She had taken the humiliation of blowing up her household charms class once and getting sentenced to the hospital wing and missing classes the rest of the day. Missing class was a fate worse than death to Des, but still, it did not make her blood hot.

These three things included someone -anyone- picking on those she cared about (one); discrimination (two) and the "M" word (three), which she likened to the degrading "N" word that people used for African Americans. So much so, that her writer won't even type it for the purpose of a role-play. She when Lestasia asked what the word was her ears turned a shade of red not unlike the color of Gryffindor's crest and her left hand clenched. She was glad she was done with the wandwork because she could blow something up right now. She holstered her wand, and tried to take the anger out of her eye.

And Des was a pureblood.

She took a deep breath and instead examined her work. "It is a derogatory term. It means "dirty blood" - and that the person ... a Muggle-born witch with no wizarding parents or grandparents. Those prejudiced against Muggle-borns consider someone without at least one parent that is a witch of lowerp pedigree, lower worth, and undeserving of magic." She said, trying not to sound snappy and angry when she said it. "You just remember though, that there is no magical difference in anyones blood. Blood has nothing to do with it. Magic, it's in the persons soul. Their spirit." Des was avoiding directional words like "your". She wanted to keep the M. topic impersonal. Grr.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
 Posted: Jul 11 2011, 02:17 AM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia watched, feeling slightly stunned, as Des became so angry. 'Hmm, that word must be really bad.' She thought. The explanation cleared some things up to her, and she nodded slowly. "Wow. I feel so stupid." She said quietly, looking down. "I didn't know anything about that.. he made me really mad." She said quietly. She bit her lip, wondering how she could be so stupid to just tell someone like him about how her parents were both muggles.

She sniffed quietly and rubbed her eye with one hand. Her right wrist now felt almost completely healed, but she'd walked around all day yesterday and today with it injured, so it seemed weird that it was suddenly better.
"He.. he grabbed my letter.. and read it. And I couldn't make him give it back." She said, struggling not to burst into tears again. "And then he started making fun of my mother and calling her names and saying really mean things.." She said as a couple tears spilled over and went down her face.

"And I got really mad and told him to shut up about it, and he started calling my mom a traitor and I told him neither of my parents are traitors, and that just even though my parents are muggles they're better than his parents......" She put her head back down on her knees, letting out a shaky breath and trying not to sob or anything. "Then he started calling me that." She added. "And I didn't know what it meant, but I told him my blood was cleaner than his and that his was probably all sour and disgusting." She gave a small humorless laugh at that. She sighed and shook her head slightly. "Why'm I so stupid sometimes?" She asked softly, to herself mostly.

This post has been edited by Lestatia Saphira LeGrande: Jul 11 2011, 02:19 AM

--------------------
^
Desdaemona Rhodes
 Posted: Jul 11 2011, 02:29 AM

Unsorted Member
4146 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Des listened quietly to the entire bit. She caught the majority of the story, and it just made her want to smack the boy. What happened to class? Panache? The joi de vivre that Slytherin could get out of being... unconventional? Seriously, Des wanted to smack someone upside the head; or let her sister at them. Obviously, he needed lessons in how to be a proper part of the house, and she had a few friends that would give him a lesson or two. Or, perhaps it was doing just fine on his own - he sure seemed to be able to push the young claw's buttons. Hn. She'd still see about a beating or torchure in the snake pit. Maybe see where he sleeps at night and have someone paint his nails, or turn all his things fluffy and pink so that his own house turns on him.

Gak! No, Des, Bad Des. The pacifist shivered a little, and looked to the now tearful once more Claw, and (GM with permission) stood to sit behind her and wrapped her arms around the younger student in a hug. Sometimes, girls needed a good cry; and Des knew that even if you didn't want it, a hug helped. When you were upset, hyperventilating and couldn't breath because you were crying, the pressure from a tight hug would actually calm someone down. That's why the mentally insane had those cross shaped straight jackets: pressure and the (delusion) of being hugged.

She didn't try to stop the flow of tears. She just held her tightly, quietly, and let her sob. She would feel better. She did, however, offer one small thing, in hopes to make her smile, "Vampires like sour blood; gives it a bit of zest." Right? Des didn't seem to be laughing. She was hoping that the girl wouldn't be able to help from laughing hysterically.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
 Posted: Jul 11 2011, 02:43 AM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia tensed a little when Des put her arm around her, not really used to getting hugs, but after biting her lip a bit hard for a moment -not so hard as to draw blood though- she just relaxed and let out a long breath, kind of like a sigh. It wasn't like when her dad hugged her goodbye, in that annoying parent type of hug that you try to pull out of, but a comforting hug. Almost a motherly kind of hug, which she had.. basically never experience before, since her mother died when she was so little.

She gave a small laugh at what Des said.
"I figured they wouldn't like it, I'd think it'd be enough to make a vampire spit it out." She said with a small giggle at the thought. "I wasn't sure whether I mean sour as in Lemons, or sour as in bad milk..." She said thoughtfully, giving a small smirk at the thought. She still felt angry at him, but she wasn't raging and feeling like strangling him anymore. That was good. She really would hate to get expelled due to killing a fellow student, no matter how much she thought he deserved it or how much better it might make her feel to be rid of him. No that was not a good way to think!

A small smile of satisfaction slowly tugged a the corners of her mouth and she looked back up at Des.
"Well, he may have said some really mean things, but.. well maybe he'll think twice about it next time, considering where I kicked him." She said with a smirk. She'd forgotten, momentarily, that Des was a prefect and not one of her friends. So, telling about kicking a boy in the privates might get her in trouble. But, after what he said, who could blame her, really?

--------------------
^
Desdaemona Rhodes
 Posted: Jul 11 2011, 02:52 AM

Unsorted Member
4146 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Sympathy for the Devil. Des winced, imagining the poor boys personals suddenly .. well, she just winced. Maybe he had got the message, but again - more violence. Ugh. Was violence everyone's solution? She shivered at that. At least the girl had smiled a small bit, and Des gave her a final tight squeeze. "While you're busy building your rivalry, keep in mind that boys... parts, if they get them all jumbled up, it only makes them madder.

"Indifference, that's the key to really getting under someone's skin. Every time that you rise to the cause, that you show him he's getting to you, you're giving him satisfaction."
That was just from personal experience; if you seemed to not care about something, that bullies generally... well, left you alone. Of course that would mean that she would need to be nonconfrontational, which to Des seemed to go against Lestasia's very core essence.

::Too much water, in her.:: Des thought, :;always in a hurry.:: If she could just slow down, the girl would probably enjoy Hogwarts. Now then, she wasn't sure if it was Lestasia or Sammy, but one of the two of them was the ringleader. And Des needed them to both cool it, in their classes; and make sure they didn't get caught elsewhere.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
 Posted: Jul 11 2011, 03:14 AM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia looked up at Des in some slight confusion as she talked about indifference and pretending not to be bothered. People said that sometimes, she'd heard it before. But she found that when a bully came picking on her, if she tried to ignore them they took it as a sign that she was letting them push her around and stuff. If she fought back and showed them that if they messed with her then they were gonna get hurt too, they learned not to mess with her.

At her last comment, she bit her lip and blushed a little bit.
"Well, it wasn't really intentional." She defended herself. "I was just.. really angry that he was talking about my mom, and next thing I knew, I was up in his face yelling at him to shut his pie hole, and then he said he wouldn't listen to what I said and my knee just.. came up.. and hit him.." She said, a little uncomfortable at the mention of it. She didn't mean to fight then, or to knee him in the 'boy parts'. She'd lost her temper. Again. She'd been more angry than she had thought possible.

And now that she thought about it, she started getting a little more angry as she remembered that they'd called a truce between them, a couple days ago. On top of that, he was the one to suggest the truce! And then he was the one to break it. She clenched her hands into fists just thinking about it, and the gears in her mind was already whirling, thinking out revenge ideas. That idea she'd first had popped back into her mind, but that didn't seem good enough. She needed something better. And of course, she'd get her friends to help her.. it had taken a lot to convince Sami not to go kill him last night when Lestatia showed up in the dorm with her sprained wrist. And Ed and Gabbi, she could surely get their help...

She shook her head slightly to bring her attention back to the present, and thought about Des' statement.
"Indifference, that's the key to really getting under someone's skin. Every time that you rise to the cause, that you show him he's getting to you, you're giving him satisfaction." She stared at her hands for a moment. "He said.. he said my mom was probably so disgusted having me for a daughter that she killed herself." She said quietly. She glared at her knees. "I wanted to strangle him, you know? My mother...she died.." She stopped as her voice broke. She had a hard time telling anyone about this, and so far she'd only told one other person in her life. "She died.. to save me from burning to death.. in the fire." She finished in a whisper. She wiped a tear from her eye and kept looking down at her lap.

This post has been edited by Lestatia Saphira LeGrande: Jul 11 2011, 03:15 AM

--------------------
^
Desdaemona Rhodes
 Posted: Jul 13 2011, 12:44 AM

Unsorted Member
4146 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Des inhaled sharply at that; boy, some kids these days - they weren't learning manners at all. If it wasn't bad enough that the kid had to make it about blood status, he had to use the memory of her dead mother - a mother, that from the sounds of it, did what she could to protect her child. Gave her life for her. That type of infinite love was what it was all about in the end; but Des didn't know what that was really like. Would she die for something or someone? Ye gosh, she just didn't know. And would she use those type of memories to hurt someone else? Not Des, but she was a different sort.

Des idly wondered how he came to know so much about her, to use against her. In her opinion, it was those type of people that you wanted to know as little about you as possible. "I think I understand your anger, especially with how much personal information he likes to use against you. I"m sorry for what happened with your mother, he shouldn't have said those things." But in reality, there was nothing that Des could do to change that, or make it better - could she?

"People's words have as much power as you give them. Stop giving him the power, Lestasia. Make that choice. Right here, right now - stop giving him power." She said as if it were the most natural thing in the world. Fear, hatred - those things were only made bigger by similar emotions. She gave the girl a small pat on her shoulder, gently.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
 Posted: Jul 13 2011, 01:26 AM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia barely heard her words. She was busy firstly plotting ways of revenge against that Cottonbrained jerk, and also she was starting to get a little light headed, but she ignored it and struggled to focus on her plotting.

After a moment she realized that Des had said something, and she looked back at her. She'd turned her head a little too fast though, and blinked a couple times to clear her vision, which had blurred and went double for a second. She thought briefly about asking her what she'd said, because Lestatia had zoned out for a minute, but then decided against it.

Then her eyes focused on Des' wrist, and noticed some cuts on it. She looked confused for a moment. Did she have those before? Lestatia couldn't remember. Maybe she just hadn't noticed them?
"What happened to your arm?" She asked slowly, pointing at the other girl's injury that was somewhat visible past the sleeve of her robes.

--------------------
^
Febrith Stanley
 Posted: Jul 13 2011, 02:57 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
17 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Febrith wasn't sure how she ended up in the North Tower. She was feeling tired, so she just wanted to enjoy the view from up there. She smiled to herself and went all dreamy.
PM
^
Desdaemona Rhodes
 Posted: Jul 13 2011, 09:11 PM

Unsorted Member
4146 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

To Des it seemed less and less that [b]Lestasia was paying attention. Maybe she was just processing things, though. She glanced over her shoulder, backwards, seeing someone else come in. She gave a shrug, and tipped up her cuff a bit - tiny, thin marks but they looked a little painful and a little deep. Nothing too much, though. "I"m an avid climber, and I don't like to use magic. This time though, I had to use a cushioning charm, but that didn't help my grip on the way down. I was actually going to clean them out and put some bandages on when came up. Seems they're not so bad though, as I originally thought."

Des glanced at the newcomer, and stood, giving her robes a brush off. "Think about what I said, yes? And if you need me, check the prefect dorms." She gave her mentee a small pat on a shoulder, gently, before slipping her bag around her. She'd head back to the dorms and get some well deserved sleep, she thought.

((End RP?))

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
 Posted: Jul 13 2011, 09:52 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia listened as she explained about the cuts. "Oh.." She said quietly, nodding a little. "Why don't you use that same spell as before?" She asked, trying to remember what it was, the one she'd used on Lestatia's wrist. She looked up when another girl came in. She watched as Des stood up.

Then she thought of something and stood up quickly. She stopped, swaying a little as she got a wave of dizziness, and put one hand against the wall to steady herself.
"Des.." She said quietly, with a sideways glance at the other girl. She stepped a little closer to Des, looking really anxious. "Uh, please don't tell anyone about.. that." She said, and bit her lip. "I.. I just, I don't like anyone to know I.. you know, cried." She said as quietly as she could manage while still making sure Des could hear her.

She didn't want that other girl who had come in to overhear and find out about it. She looked down.
"Or what I told you about my mom." She whispered. "I've only told one other person about that, I don't talk about it much.." She glanced up at her, almost pleadingly. She couldn't risk those secrets getting out!

(maybe another post or two? unless you're too busy to continue. it's alright if you have to take a few days to reply smile.gif )

--------------------
^
Amelia Locke
 Posted: Jul 22 2011, 12:20 AM

Slytherin Third Year
325 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

((New RP. It's been over a week))

Amelia was in a semi-pissy mood, and she was not in the mood to deal with muggle loving scum. She realised that the best way to do that would be to go down to the Sly common room, but she really could not be bothered walking down all of those steps. Amy was being mega lazy today.
Seeing a small lounge, Amelia jumped onto it and lay face down, with her face buried. She knew it was probably very unhygienic to put her face where people would have probably sat, but Amy really couldn't be bothered caring. She was SUPER lazy today, which was odd for her.
Amelia didn't mind her shirt riding up a little, no one was around and she really did not care if people saw the small portion of scarring on her back, if they disliked it it was their problem.
Amelia wished there was something she could destroy/burn/hurt to get her interested in the day.

((TAG: Tamara Levovich))

--------------------
user posted image
^Huge hug to Vera for the sig^
-[Facebook]-[Chico]-[Wand]-[Callboard]-
-[Summer Plot Banner Made by the wonderful Alex Valen]-
user posted image
PM
^
Tamara Levovich
 Posted: Jul 24 2011, 02:41 AM

Slytherin Sixth Year
359 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Tamy was just coming back from one of her regular visits to the manor, and the fireplace in the little lounge...which was usually empty...burned green and she appeared, stepping out of the flames and brushing soot from her clothes. Obviously her own clothes, not her uniform, cause well, it was the weekend right? Annoyingly, the room wasn't empty. There was someone face down on the sofa. Hmph.Well, at least her secret escape was still secret. What's wrong with you kid, trying to suffocate yourself? she said snarkily.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Holden Bridger
 Posted: Aug 3 2011, 03:58 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
251 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

(New Rp.)

Holden was bored. Actually, bored was an understatement. He cursed himself in his thoughts for arriving too late to start any classes and was now stuck to just wander around the castle. It had it's advantages of course, but sometimes it was really just lonely without someone to share the little adventure with.

After walking down the same seventh floor corridor four times, Holden decided to make his way up to the north tower. He'd never been on in any of the towers before so he took this as a good experience for when he wanted to come up here later. After finding a nice little longue, he relaxed in a comfortable arm chair and stared out the window. The view from the tower was definitely a great one and he could see straight to the tree tops that were the Forbidden forest.

He stood from the comfy chair to walk closer to the window to get a better look at the world around him. Leaning on the windowsill, Holden peered down at the little dots that were students as they moved about the grounds, coming out and in the castle.

(Tags: Dakota Wood)

--------------------
PM
^
Dakota Wood
 Posted: Aug 3 2011, 04:05 PM

Hufflepuff Second Year
63 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Dakota had been using her free time to study up in the Library, a different area this time of course, after the mishap with the Slytherin girl she'd had in the reading area. She was wandering about the castle, not really caring which way she went because she still had no sense of direction and didn't know where anything other than the Library was yet.

After a while, she found herself by what seemed to be North Tower, and she made her way up, spotting a small lounge just above. Inside, a small blonde boy was peering out the window and at the grounds. With a little jump in her stomach, she realized the boy was Holden. She was conflicted, should she go over and talk to him? She didn't want to seem like she was following him around, this had been pure coincidence. After an internal struggle, she decided to say hi, at least.

"Hi, Holden." she called across the lounge, it echoed off the walls.

--------------------
PM
^
Holden Bridger
 Posted: Aug 3 2011, 04:17 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
251 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Holden jumped about two feet in the air when he heard a voice somewhere near him. Holding onto the windowsill for support, he saw it was Dakota, the girl he had met earlier that day in the quad. His surprise was instantly replaced with anxious, but happy feeling and he laughed a little about overreacting to the random break of silence.

"Following me, are we?" He teased before walking over to her with a smirk. That was a random burst of confidence. He thought before saying, "Just joking. It's nice to see you again." Holden walked over to the couple of small bookshelves near the fireplace and took out a particularly old one titled Dragon Species of Great Britian and Ireland. "Do you like reading?" He asked before thumbing through the pages that were filled with information about dragons. Holden looked up at Dakota and showed her the cover that sported an illustration of a large brownish dragon that was breathing fire. It was quite a corny drawing, actually, and Holden chuckled a little before putting it back on the shelves.

--------------------
PM
^
Dakota Wood
 Posted: Aug 3 2011, 04:22 PM

Hufflepuff Second Year
63 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"Yes, you've got a level five stalker on your hands now, did I forget to tell you that?" she joked. She watched him closely as he walked over to the bookshelf and pulled out a book. Realizing it was one of her favorites, she shuffled over to him before he could put it all the way back in it's place.

Snatching it from his grip, she sat down and opened up to one of her favorite pages, and held it up to him. "This is one of my favorites. Wicked, isn't it?" She pointed to a picture on the page of a Hungarian Horntail spitting fire. She'd always been interested in magical creatures. Dragons, merpeople, giants, the such. In fact, she'd heard that the Black Lake right here at Hogwarts was home to some merpeople. She'd have to find out for herself sometime. Maybe even with Holden. She grinned at him brightly from behind the book.

--------------------
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ