View All Announcements

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Meet & Greet, Ice Cream Social
Angela Singer
 Posted: Feb 5 2012, 09:54 AM

Ravenclaw Third Year
887 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"Well, I think its the time to go"- She said with a smile. Angela didn't want to leave but she had more things to do. Completing homework and hang out with Cass was an essential thing, she had to make some time for her best friend. "See you around"- She said and left the place.

--------------------

user posted image
Alex made me Hot!!
Cass and Angie
PMEmailYIM
^
Nyria White
 Posted: Feb 5 2012, 10:29 AM

Slytherin Second Year
140 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Nyria was looking for a conversation and just when she decided that noone would like to talk, a Ravenclaw student (David) walked towards her and introduced himself. Nyria smiled and answered:
Hi David! It's really nice to meet you! My name is Nyria, I'm a first year Slytherin.

And then anther student, from Gryffindor (Canis) came by, and he asked whether she liked chocolate.
I love chocolate!So do you I see, very good choice! And I'm Nyria. Nice to meet you.
She smiled, happy she finally met some other students other than Slytherins. Nyria thought it was important to meet students from other houses.

So you boys are both first years? Have you already enrolled some classes? I have to wait until Spring Term and I'm still figuring out which classes are important for a first year. I think Basic Charms is very important. What would you recommend?
Nyria still wasn't sure which classes would be best to start her Hogwarts career, so she was eager to find out what David and Canis had chosen as their first classes.

(OOC: Cristopher... in your posts you introduce yourself as David but the name above your avatar says Christopher... it's a bit confusing for me! http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/3.gif )

--------------------
25 & 26 April OFFLINE!
user posted image
PM
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Feb 5 2012, 07:54 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Canis smiled at Nyria. "Well, when I came, I was in your position. I was also too early for the next term. But then I also missed registration for this term, and so I'm only taking Defense against the Dark Arts, because Prof. Peevison accepted me into her class, and nobody else would. I would have liked to take Charms and Potions and Flying, too." He thought about his flying stint with Aqua again and smiled widely. "I'm not too bad a flyer, though," he simply added and looked over at David. As far as he knew, David had also just arrived, like Nyria, and was not taking classes yet.

This post has been edited by Canis Rye: Feb 6 2012, 12:21 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Nyria White
 Posted: Feb 6 2012, 07:16 AM

Slytherin Second Year
140 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Nyria could see that Canis looked very happy when he started to talk about flying. She thought it was a good thing to see someone being so passionate about something. She had to think of the Norwegian Forest cat Elsa... She really couldn't live without that cat. It almost felt like she was her best friend. But then she realized that she was still talking to Canis, so she said:
'So you enjoy flying? Are you going to apply for the Quidditch Team then? I think flying is really cool, but unfortunately it's not for me. I'm afraid of heights. Maybe that's why I'm sorted into Slytherin, so I can live in a dungeon instead of a high tower!'
Nyria laughed when she said that because it sounded like a very plausible explanation.

Then she asked David:
'Do you like flying as well?'

--------------------
25 & 26 April OFFLINE!
user posted image
PM
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Feb 6 2012, 12:29 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

They had arrived on Canis' favourite topic. When Canis had said that he wasn't a bad flyer, Nyria had been silent for a while, and Canis thought that maybe she was thinking of something else entirely. But then she spoke again, and the topic hadn't changed. "You know, I might try out next time. I didn't know I could fly, but then my mentor, Aqua, she took me out to the Quidditch green and brought her old broom for me, she's got a new one, and she let me try it, and it worked right away." He stopped for a breath and continued, "I'm also not very comfortable with heights, you know, when I'm looking down from a high bridge. But being up there on a broom is totally different. Aqua said the same thing!" he added, for emphasis. "You could just try, maybe it'll be the same for you!" Stop trying to convince her, he thought, she might not be ok with being pushed.

This post has been edited by Canis Rye: Feb 6 2012, 05:29 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Jayme Edwards
 Posted: Feb 7 2012, 12:30 AM

Ravenclaw Third Year
703 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Jayme grinned. "Love's a cool name. It's really awesome! I don't have a favourite flavour! They're all awesome. Especially with toppings and sprinkles." Pausing in her rant, she nodded happily at Jasper. "New Friend." Seeing Eir come up as well, she smiled even wider. "I think that's a great idea! Love, as Eir said, this is Jasper and Eir. Eir and Jasper, meet Love. She's a first year Slytherin! The very first I've met!" Excited that she was making so many friends, she looked about for Freyja. "Wait. Where's Freyja?"

--------------------
user posted image
Nearra is Amazing for this set!
Profile!~Shipper!
PMEmail
^
David Zakrevski
 Posted: Feb 7 2012, 12:45 AM

Ravenclaw Fifth Year
1111 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"I don't really know how to" David did a nervous chuckle "it's a contraindication actually, me being a Ravenclaw and scared to fly!" he grinned at Nyria

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks to Mr. Chris Evans @ CTTW
PMEmailAIM
^
Nyria White
 Posted: Feb 7 2012, 04:38 AM

Slytherin Second Year
140 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Nyria listenend to Canis as he spoke about flying and he was so happy to talk about that that she almost wanted to fly as well. When he said that she should try sometimes as well she thought for a moment. He is a bit afraid of heights to, but not on a broom... which is a small object and much more wobbly than a solid bridge... how does that make any sense?
'I think it is unusual to be afraid of heights while standing on a solid bridge, but not when you are on a small wobbly broom. It makes me curious to find out why flying a broom is less scary than standing on a high bridge that doesn't move.'

David said something really funny and Nyria laughed and said:
'Now that is a bit weird yes! But you are a first year, so then you are like a baby raven chick and you must learn how to fly. So when you are a second or third year you will be a really good flyer, just like Canis... or a raven.' She smiled and then she got an idea:
'You know what? Maybe Canis could learn us how to fly! Would a student be allowed to that?'
She looked at Canis and wondered if he was willing to teach two students who were afraid of flying how to handle a broom. And she wasn't sure whether it would be against the rules...

--------------------
25 & 26 April OFFLINE!
user posted image
PM
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Feb 7 2012, 09:25 AM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Canis laughed out loud at the picture that had instantly formed in his head. David as a little Raven chick high up on a cliff, looking down but not yet daring to jump. "Yeah, David, maybe you're a Raven animagus and just don't know it yet!" he joked. "I know," he replied to Nyria's comment, "it really seems weird, seeing that the broom should provide little support. But, you see, it's not wobbly at all, it feels really stable. And you don't feel like you're sitting on a stick, either, more like a saddle because of the cushioning charm. And maybe it's just that when you're on a bridge, you think you might be falling down. But when you're on the broom, you're sitting on it and make it go down. Does that make sense?"

"Yeah, I can show you," Canis said enthusiastically. "Aqua took me with her without asking for permission. And the school rules only say that you can't own a broom in first year..."

This post has been edited by Canis Rye: Feb 7 2012, 09:27 AM

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Lacey Lovett
 Posted: Feb 7 2012, 01:29 PM

Ravenclaw Second Year
23 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Although a tad bit late, Lacey knew she should still come to the Meet & Greet. She was brand new, and it would be good to get to know at least a few of the faces she'd be seeing around Hogwarts.

She entered the room and saw many students. To avoid awkwardly standing at the door, she walked up to Professor Wood and smiled. "Hi Professor, thank you for the invitation."

From then on, she did not know what to do. She was too nervous to walk up to anyone, and so Lacey took her time getting her vanilla ice cream. She stood in a corner and ate slowly, observing everyone around her. Would anyone notice her? Better yet, did she want anyone to notice her?
PMEmail
^
David Zakrevski
 Posted: Feb 7 2012, 02:47 PM

Ravenclaw Fifth Year
1111 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"lets do this" David smiled, excited yet scared to learn

This post has been edited by Christopher Clark: Feb 7 2012, 05:51 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Feb 7 2012, 07:02 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Canis was happy that his two new friends wanted to come and try to fly. Even better, they were ok with letting him show them how to! That was just awesome. "Sure," he answered David. "But you know," he addressed the two of them, "it's Aqua's broom, and I'll have to ask her for it. How does next Saturday morning sound? That way we won't have to worry about classes or anything." If anything, the Quidditch match would be in the afternoon, so they should be ok.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
David Zakrevski
 Posted: Feb 7 2012, 07:08 PM

Ravenclaw Fifth Year
1111 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"Yeah I am game" he smiled, excited. He was ready to face his fear

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Nyria White
 Posted: Feb 8 2012, 04:39 AM

Slytherin Second Year
140 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

I'm in too! And Saturday should be fine. I can't wait! I hope we can use Aqua's broom, otherwise I would have no idea were to get another one.
Nyria became really enthusiastic about it and she couldn't wait until next Saturday.
I'm really glad that I've got to know you guys!
I think I've made new friends and hopefully I will overcome my fear of heights! Perfect! And she smiled.

--------------------
25 & 26 April OFFLINE!
user posted image
PM
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Feb 8 2012, 02:34 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Canis grinned at David and Nyria. "Ok," he said, "so I'll ask Aqua for her broom, and then I'll send you both an owl." After all, they were in three different Houses, so this had to be organized accordingly. He couldn't just go knocking onto their common room doors asking whether they wanted to come out and play. For one, he didn't know where their common rooms were. Slytherin's in the Dungeons under the Lake, he thought. Aqua had told him that, but of course that could still be anywhere, and he didn't know how it was protected, so he didn't know what to look for. Ravenclaw, he did not know at all. Wait, didn't David say it was in a tower? Well, there were tons of towers...

"Anyone up for a bit more ice cream?" he asked, because his had vanished again, and no magic was involved there.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Calder Eldridge
 Posted: Feb 8 2012, 04:27 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
409 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Calder shook his head and tapped Canis on the shoulder. "You would not happen to know how to unlock something now would you?" He was teasing because he was going to tell them how to get brooms. "Well, you can magically unlock the quidditch supply shed there are usually spare brooms in there." Calder smiled and whistled as he walked away from the group of boys. He still had not gotten ice cream nor had he been kicked out.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Feb 8 2012, 04:51 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"Wait," Canis called after Calder and took off after him. "What do you mean by magically unlock? There's a charm for that? What is it? Can you show me? And," he continued when he was close enough to whisper, "can you also tell me where that shed is?"

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Freyja Fey
 Posted: Feb 8 2012, 07:20 PM

Hufflepuff Second Year
312 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Having met so many new people at this meet and greet, she decided to herself she should only do one once a week, otherwise she would never be able to keep everyone's names straight! She said goodbye to Angela as she left, and looked about for Jayme. ::Man she is fast!:: she thought to herself. She heard her name, and finally found her. Skipping over to her she saw Jayme had made a new friend. She held out her hand to Love and said, "Hi there! I'm Freyja, and don't mind me, I've had too much sugar!" She smiled at the small group gathered, while slightly bouncing up and down.

--------------------
Signature removed for exceeding size allowed
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^^sig made by me^^
Clio-kitten//Profile//Fairy-Tenma//PLOT
PMEmail
^
Nyria White
 Posted: Feb 9 2012, 04:08 AM

Slytherin Second Year
140 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Canis said he would get a broom and then send David and Nyria an owl.
That's fine, I think an owl would be the easiest way to get in tough.
Then another Gryffindor boy said something to Canis, but Nyria couldn't really hear what they were saying because they lowered their voices, but she guessed it had something to do with brooms. Maybe he had a broom they could borrow.
She was curious about what they were saying so she decided to wait until they were done talking.

--------------------
25 & 26 April OFFLINE!
user posted image
PM
^
Anikha Alvarez
 Posted: Feb 10 2012, 05:26 AM

Hufflepuff Second Year
180 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Anikha received a letter 1st year and 2nd year Meet and Greet from Prof. Caroline Moncrief-Vesey. She was so blooming today. And very excited to get inside. When she entered the room she was so amazed coz there so many ice creams! Anikha love ice cream ! And she to herself that she's gonna be fun this time.
Anikha saw that everyone has there conversation. She wants to have a new friend. She wants to join with them, but she's shy because she was thinking that maybe she can disturb everybody. She walk and start introduce to them,"Hello! I'm Anikha, I'm a first year Hufflepuff. Nice to meet you all. Ahm, I just wanna ask if I can join with you guys?"

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen! Thank you so much I SUPAH LOVE IT !

PMWebsiteYIM
^
David Zakrevski
 Posted: Feb 10 2012, 05:30 AM

Ravenclaw Fifth Year
1111 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

David noticed it was the girl from the social area and smiled when she introduced herself, he was in the same position she was just only a few days ago
"Hey Anikha! Anikha this is Canis and Nyria, guys, this is Anikha, we met at the social corner!" David smiled

This post has been edited by David Manheim: Feb 10 2012, 05:46 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Anikha Alvarez
 Posted: Feb 10 2012, 06:03 AM

Hufflepuff Second Year
180 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Anikha pick some ice cream and while eating it she was saying hi to the other student that David introduced to her,"Hi David ! Hi there everyone! It's pleasure to meet you all. I'm Anikha.", Anikha shaked her hands with them.

"So, David how was your day today? What's going around here?", asked Anikha to David and smiled while eating ice cream. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/1.gif

--------------------
user posted image

PMWebsiteYIM
^
David Zakrevski
 Posted: Feb 10 2012, 06:06 AM

Ravenclaw Fifth Year
1111 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"I can't complain! How are you?" He smiled, just starting to finish his bowl of ice cream. He then looked down at the bowl, giving a sad look, he didn't realize he ate it so quickly and was kind of wishing he didn't, he wanted to savor it...

oh well, might as well get some more he thought

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Anikha Alvarez
 Posted: Feb 10 2012, 06:22 AM

Hufflepuff Second Year
180 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"I'm good! This is so fun eating an ice cream hahaha ! Oh, look you're already ate your bowl. How fast huh haha ! You like ice cream don't ya? Oh well, c'mon get another one and let's get chit-chat. After you get some. http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/1.gif"

Anikha wait David to get some another ice cream. She didn't realized her bowl was already empty. She got up and get some ice cream again fast. And she get back to her sit waiting DAvid and the others.

--------------------
user posted image

PMWebsiteYIM
^
Canis Rye
 Posted: Feb 10 2012, 06:20 PM

Gryffindor Third Year
2177 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Canis ran back to where Nyria and David were waiting. David was talking to Anikha and had introduced her earlier, but Canis had not yet introduced himself. "Hi, Anikha, I'm Canis. Sorry, but I have to leave now," he added. "See you on Saturday," he smirked at Nyria and David. Then he grabbed an ice cream cone, chocolate of course, said "Thanks for the ice cream, Professor," and left the office.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks, Jaelexus!
user posted image
PM
^
Anikha Alvarez
 Posted: Feb 11 2012, 01:29 AM

Hufflepuff Second Year
180 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Anikha repiled to Canis "Oh. Ahm, it's okay. I'm going to leave now too. Feel so bad now. Stomachache. hahaha ! And there's something that I ahve to do right now. Requirements. It's nice to see you all. Next time again. See ya !"
Anikha leave now and she run fast! Her stomach really hurts coz of many ice cream that she ate earlier. And some requirements that she need to do.

--------------------
user posted image

PMWebsiteYIM
^
David Zakrevski
 Posted: Feb 11 2012, 01:36 AM

Ravenclaw Fifth Year
1111 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

David politely waved and slowly walked out of the building as well, he then remembered his manners and he walked back in
"Thank you Professor" he smiled and he then again walked out of the building

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailAIM
^
Nyria White
 Posted: Feb 11 2012, 05:01 PM

Slytherin Second Year
140 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Cains came back and he said goodbye while he grabbed another chocolate ice cream.
Bye bye! See you on Saturday. Enjoy your chocolate ice cream! She smiled and she wished it was already Saturday.
The she turned to David and said:
I'll see you on Saturday as well! Bye!
Then Nyria went to the professor - Thank you for organizing this meet and greet and thank you for the delicious ice cream! - and she left the office.

--------------------
25 & 26 April OFFLINE!
user posted image
PM
^
Jasper Haru Talon
 Posted: Feb 12 2012, 12:52 AM

Ravenclaw Fourth Year
1732 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

(Oops. Forgot to post)

'Yep Eir. We'll follow Jayme and hop around if there are even any firsties left.' Jasper laughed.

'Hello Love, nice to meet you.' Jasper replied the girl. That was a pretty cool name. Anyway the first first year Slytherin Jayme met? How did Jayme remember these stuff when she tends to forget more important things? He laughed.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Mercia Ariala
 Posted: Feb 16 2012, 08:30 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
26 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Mercia thought that she always managed to be late for these things. She slunk into the room just as many folks were leaving and snagged a bit of ice cream. She hadn't had any for a while--Mum on a diet and all--and it felt a bit like comfort food.

A little group of students standing off to one side caught her eye, and she wandered over. "Er, hello. What Houses are you all in?" Which, come to think of it, seemed like a pretty stupid question because of the crests and ties and all that, but still. Good conversation starter.

--------------------
Scientia Est Potestas
PMEmailWebsite
^
Mercia Ariala
 Posted: Feb 29 2012, 01:59 PM

Gryffindor Second Year
26 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

She shifted around for a few moments, and then suddenly remembered that she'd accidentally left one of her books up in the common room. "Shoot!" She raced toward the door and sped up toward the Gryffindor Tower.

--------------------
Scientia Est Potestas
PMEmailWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ