View All Announcements

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Koi Pond
Prof. Wagner Wellbeloved
 Posted: Dec 6 2012, 05:53 PM

Professor Emeritus
167 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

user posted image

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Sep 1 2015, 06:39 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

It had been over two years since she had been at the school and coming back to it was a scary thought. She had thought teaching was just not her thing, and needed to see the world, find her calling, and yet here she was, back at the school. Victoria had wandered down to the grounds of the school. The sun was setting and it was heading into fall season, so the air was starting to chill faster in the evenings. She was wearing a pair of black leggings and a long wool sweater which fell past her buttocks. Her hair was down and curled, and her big blue eyes peered in front of her.

Victoria had found herself in the gardens and near the koi pond. This was her thinking place. She remembered that. She loved coming by the ponds, watching the fish swim with out a care in the world. It seemed peaceful almost. She let out a sigh and sat down next to the pond, placing her fingertips into the waters, she let herself smile just a bit. Maybe being back here wasn't such a bad thing after all. Not that it was a downfall coming back, she needed a routine again. However, the cloud in her mind finally vanished for just a second.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Sep 1 2015, 07:03 PM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Aleksander had been on the ground for the better part of the day surveying things and making sure everything was prepped for the arrival of the new students they would be welcoming back. He had been mainly trying to avoid running into his sister or being summoned to the Ministry by Nicholas, or having to run into any of the incoming professors. While he usually enjoyed his job it had been a long week and he just wanted to take a little while to relax and enjoy the world around him, he had meandered down towards the koi pond and now caught sight of one of the heads of house; so much for avoiding work it seemed. He called out to her as he came closer, Hello Victoria, enjoying some time outside today? His greeting was informal and generic, he wasn't usually one to mince words and today was no exception to that.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Sep 1 2015, 07:09 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Victoria was sitting at the pond and watched the fish as they began to move towards her fingers, nipping at them slightly. She chuckled a bit to herself as she felt the fish touching her fingers. She had been a bit too distracted by the pond that she didn't even notice that Aleksander had been walking towards her. It wasn't until he spoke that she noticed him. "Oh hey Aleksander." She smirked a bit and took her fingers out of the pond and cleaned her hand off with her sleeve, turning herself towards him. "Yeah, I am.. It feels strange being back here but nice at the same time. Thank you for taking me back. She stated, actually feeling thankful. Two years of partying it up and being essentially homeless, so routine was definitely the next step in her life, right?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Sep 1 2015, 07:14 PM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Chuckling Aleksander bent down and picked one of the small flowers next to the pond twirling it in his fingers, No problem, everyone has a past I try not to let mine define me and usually prefer to give people the same opportunity of the doubt. He brushed his hair back off his face and rubbed his temple slightly, he had been getting a migraine earlier in the day and it was only now winding down. Are you at least settling in well? I know it must be a dramatic leap to essentially go form being alone to constantly surrounded by people, it took me a huge adjustment period when it happened to me at Durmstrang and then again here. He sat down on a large rock near where she was sitting and playing with the fish and looked out over the clear water tossing the flower he had been twisting into the water and watching as the fish came up to nip at it. Only to dart off in disappointment to find no nourishing value from it.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Sep 1 2015, 07:26 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Watching Aleksander, she nodded her head slightly. She glanced back at the pond and watched the fish a few more moments before replying to him. "It's a change. I mean, I was around people but it was when I went out, you know? A bit of a different atmosphere. I just never thought I would be back here." She watched the fish nip at the flower before looking up at him again. He really was handsome, and she was trying not to linger her gaze for too long, but failed a bit. "It really is an adjustment, but I am glad places like this exist. To get away, you know?"

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Sep 1 2015, 07:52 PM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Looking over at that last he gave her a small smile, My big change came from being at an all male school, to a mixed gender school. It was a huge change and I had no idea how to handle being around young girls and women all of the time. It took me completely out of my element and I felt the way I imagine you're feeling here. He leaned over slightly and trickle his hands through the water letting droplets fall and create small rippling pools against the shore. I felt like I was drowning, and just needed to get away, it's probably part of why the grounds and the gardens have been expanded so much, to be able to come out to a peaceful place like this and just relax; there is no real substitute for it. He looked off into the distance for a moment seeing some butterflies across the field and breathing in the fresh air he had always enjoyed nature, and it always gave him peace to be able to go outside and indulge in it.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Sep 1 2015, 09:30 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Victoria looked over at Aleksander and listened silently as he spoke. Something about his voice was just soothing, and that mixed in with being at the pond, it was that more relaxing. That must have been a huge change.. Going from all boys to the mix between genders. How did you manage to cope with it all? she asked.

Victoria sighed and put her fingers back into the pond and swirled them in the water slightly. Her eyes were gazed down into the pond, watching the ripples move along the surface. Honestly going from what I was living with for the past to years, coming back here... it is kind of frightening. I mean... life here was good before and then I left to find myself and I ended up more lost than I was before I left. I feel more alone than I did before her voice trailed off and she paused for a moment. She put on a brave smile and looked up at Aleksander, trying to show that she wasn't all that upset about it all, even though she was. It was tough being who she was, sure she had it awesome compared to most but it didn't mean it was all that much harder.

Everyone knew her as the flirty party girl who was wild and free and when she left she wanted to find more about herself. Find who she really was. It was sometimes tiring being 'that girl', and she wanted to eventually be 'the girl' but to do that she needed to find herself. Not that easy it seemed.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Sep 1 2015, 10:07 PM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Alek listened to her question and pondered it a moment before answering, because he honestly didn't have one single way he had coped with it. It had been a culmination of things and he told her that, Well it wasn't ever really one thing I did to cope with it, I was busy initially getting everything in order so that helped; and also most of my colleagues were women so I was forced into dealing with that environment right from the start. It was the students it took the longest to adjust too, I was used to always having these loud, rowdy, obnoxious boys who when they stepped out of line you punished swiftly. Then I had girls, some of them very young, and shy, and afraid. It just took some getting used to and the best thing I found for it was to just jump in and handle it. He smiled remembering having to catch one of those girls who had then started bawling in his arms when a classmate had tried to make her fly.

Watching her swirl her fingers on the bond Alek noticed how her hair seemed to catch the light in away outside it hadn't at the luncheon they had been at just days earlier, she seems more vibrant out here. It was almost soothing to watch her relax, he had seen the tense lines of her shoulders when he had walked up and noticed them relaxing as she spoke and just took some time. They say that in finding yourself, you always lose yourself first. It's kind of a way of life. I was trying to find myself when I went through Durmstrang as staff, and ended up head over heels busy to the point that I never had time for much other than work and mitigating crisis. I don't suggest that, you always need to just take some time to enjoy yourself and realize where you want to be in life and what you want to do. Even if it ends up not being here, then the real friends you have will always be there to support you. He looked off over the fields again, brushing his hair back from his face; the breeze off the pond was refreshing on such a hot day, and in a way he wasn't so annoyed that he had to share the space with someone anymore.

Alek had been spending so much time lately immersed in things for the school and the new term, as well as dealing with the Katerina and Nicholas issues that he had forgotten to take his own advice and just take some time. Even I sometimes need to listen to myself, I've been losing myself again lately. He said ruefully, and shook his head as he smiled over at her, feeling that in this moment she could probably completely understand how he was feeling, something he found rare for others to really do that often.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Sep 2 2015, 08:17 AM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Victoria listened silently to Aleksander and bit down on her lip as she listened. It seemed like it must have been hard for him. Probably harder for him to cope than it was for her. She could feel his eyes on her as she played into the water but didn't make much out of it. She was just a collegue having a hard time adjusting, that was all, right? But she couldn't help but feel her heart flutter slightly.

It seems to be the cycle, doesn't it? Thinking you know yourself when in reality you don't know yourself at all. And well... You know me Aleksander.. I was never one to overload myself with work. I think I would probably end up in a hospital or something if I tried to do that. She tried to make light of the conversation and chuckled a bit to herself.

Victoria then noticed his facial expression change slightly and she tilted her head, expressing her own expression of concern. Well.. I won't pry into your life Aleksander.. But if you need an ear... She trailed off and placed a small smile. You know where to find me.. She found herself staring into his eyes and began to feel a bit lost within them. She couldn't help but notice how beautiful his eyes were, and yet how lost he looked. It seemed they were definitely two peas in a pod when it came to this kind of thing.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Sep 2 2015, 05:26 PM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Alek shook his head as she spoke and grimaced, feeling like he might end up with another migraine by the end of the night he decided to open up to Victoria, they had known one another a while, and when their eyes had met he had felt a weird sensation. I just have a lot going on inside my world outside of Hogwarts right now, it almost pulls my attention away entirely at times. His thoughts wandered to Kat for a moment and he leaned over this time picking up a smooth pebble at the edge of the pond and skipping it across the water.

Have you met my sister? Katerina Petrov? She is teaching potions here for a while, and going through a rough time. I find myself torn trying to help her, and then at other times feeling like I should let her find her own way. But you don't turn your back on family, even when they do, you know? He signed and pushed his hair back as he watched his stone skip four times and then plop into the water with a resounding thwump. He could see the school of koi rush off from the stone not interested this time in seing what was intruding on their space.

He turned to look over at Victoria and watched as she looked down at the water, they gaze met and he was astonished by the bright look in her eyes, and yet a sadness that was lingering there. He felt as though they were in the same boat at the moment, diffierent situations in particular, but then again both bound by the same kind of emotional constraints.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Sep 2 2015, 08:47 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Victoria listened to him and made sure she listened to him well. She hated when people didn't listen to her or acted like they did and actually weren't. But it wasn't hard. She genuinely was interested in what he had to say. Who wouldn't though? He had this whole mysterious vibe and never spoke to anyone about anything really, so it was interesting to actually hear what he had to say. well, I definitely get that feeling..that is for sure..

Aleksander then brought up his sister. She had seen her through the school but never actually spoke to her. I've seen her in staff meetings and around the school. But I've never spoken to her personally.. She seems so distant though.. I mean.. I get wanting to help her, but sometimes you just gotta let them go through what they have to go through? Victoria sighed. She didn't know much about siblings, especially when her sister was so much younger than her.

I have a younger sister, but with our... family arrangement, she's sort of a few miles away from me. So it is hard to say what to do. But if I was in your position, I wouldn't think letting them find their own way is necessarily turning your back. It is giving them the opportunity to grow and figure out what to do from there. If they want help, they will ask and I think Katerina, from observation, seems very strong. I would imagine smothering her would make it worse.

Victoria kept her gaze at him, and tried to give him a reassuring gaze as well as a reassuring smile. She reached over and touched his hand, giving it a squeeze of comfort for just a moment before she pulled it back and place her hands on her lap.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Sep 2 2015, 09:33 PM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Listening to her Alek nodded, his sister was extremely strong and she had hit the nil on the head about her hating being smothered. Though in some ways he was never going to get past seeing her as his baby sister, that he had needed to protect even from thousands of miles away when he had been in Durmstrang. He smiled back at her as she gave his hand a squeeze, and let his hand fall to the water again to scoop up another stone.

He could feel the warmth of her gaze on him, and her hand had left a light sensation going through his arm, he smiled a genuine smile for the first time in days. Thank you, you're right about her, she is very cold to most people. I think it comes a lot from her childhood, and more from things she is dealing with now. I don't think I can even help her with them, if I wanted to intervene or not... He stared off watching his rock skip and thwump into the water again and picket at a lone flower growing next to the edge of the pond.

Pulling the flower up he twirled it in his fingers looking over at Victoria and letting his gaze wander over her a moment before meeting her curious eyes. You have a sister do you not? I think it was in your file, where is she at if you don't mind my asking? He couldn't quite remember, but he was pretty sure her sister had been school aged, not a first or second year, but most likely an older student if he remembered right. He wasn't entirely sure he did though because things with a lot of the professors had been getting mixed up lately, he had gone into over drive.

He shook his head and looked at the sun beginning to move down in the sky it was late afternoon and the world seemed to be coming alive more than it had during the day. At least for now, both of us can sit, enjoy nature, and for a few finite moments enjoy that there is no weight bearing down on us, not until we return to the castle at least. He turned and grinned at her, breathing in the cool clean scents around him and enjoying the feeling of freedom he felt in that moment.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Sep 2 2015, 10:16 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Victoria watched him pick up the stone and then glanced back at him when she noticed the actually genuine smile. I'm a third party so I tend to get a chance of seeing things in a different light I guess. It's beneficial in a way, for those who want to hear the third party views. Aleksander skipped his rock and and she followed it across the pond. Her gaze then returned to his.

Yeah, I do. Lucy. She's a fifth year, but in Slytherin. The whole family was all sorted in Gryffindor and yet here she came along and she fell into Slytherin. Her and I sort of had a falling out. My family and I had a falling out.. About two years ago now, was the last time I saw any of them. Perhaps this is part of the reason why I am so anxious..

Victoria let out a sigh and lowered her gaze a bit. Victoria knew that leaving like she did would result in a falling out with her family, especially since she was leaving such a respectable job and a good life just to mess around essentially. They didn't believe in her mission.

Nodding her head a bit, she thought about the grounds. She peaked her head upwards and saw his smile but saw nothing but comfort in his gaze.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Sep 3 2015, 09:28 AM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Alek nodded listening to her speak about her sister, things had been difficult for his family as well when Katerina had been placed into Slytherin they had been rooting for her to go to Gryffindor, but it hadn't really worked out that way. Falling outs happen, and sometimes they right themselves others they just end relationships, but there is always and opportunity to build new relationships with the people around you. He said it with a small smile meaning it,

When their family had stopped speaking to them, Alek and Katerina had formed a tight bond and were extremely close to their small group of friends. He picked up another stone to skip it while he was thinking about luncheons they used to have with everyone bringing a dish and sitting in a large group enjoying a meal. He shook himself from the reverie and met her gaze giving her a small smile, If you feel out of place you can always visit my office for a chat, I know how overwhelming it is to begin a journey here especially in your role.

He knew that all too well, as the wind blew her hair brushed across her face and he almost wanted to reach over and brush it off her eyes but refrained, Getting that close to a colleague had always been something he would never allow to happen, but he felt a kind of bond with Victoria, almost like his sister he felt as though he could be honest with her and tell her his feelings.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Sep 3 2015, 08:55 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Victoria stared at him. Falling outs did happen. It was strange and frustrating but it did. She did not know what the outcome of the whole thing would result in. She didn't want to lose her family but at the same time the stresses of their views and expectations were honestly overbearing.

Yeah I know.. Opportunities are always around but sometimes its hard getting past the struggles of life to find them. She let out a sigh and noticed his smile. thank you Aleksander... I may need to take you up on that offer more than once. I'll bring the wine. Or whiskey, whichever you have a fancy for. She let out a small chuckle and tilted her head a bit to the side.

well.. you know where I am, you can always come find me for a chat if you need one too... It's an open two way street. She continued to smile and stare over at the man. They really seemed to have an honest bond and it was comforting knowing that the two of them could relate to each other even though the scenarios were completely and utterly different.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Sep 3 2015, 09:39 PM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Firewhiskey if it's a bad day, red wine if it's okay, and if all hell is broken loose then you may as well just bring straight rum probably. He chuckled and smiled over at her, it felt good to just sit and chat for a while without feeling on guard or as though he needed to be somewhere else.

Alek stood and grabbed another stone this time skipping it eight times before it sunk into the water, he was better when standing, but he wasn't going to skip stones much longer. Turning to Victoria he offered her his hand, Would you like to go for a walk around the pond here and down the path maybe? I find that I've gotten a bit stiff just sitting, I'm used to always being on the move. He waited to see if she would like his help up before setting off down the path running his hands over the tops of the flowers that lined the path.

Most of the spring flowers were gone, but a rose or two lingered here on the bushes, and some sunflowers were towering over even him. So you are liking it here despite the personal issues and everything right. I wouldn't want anyone here to be unhappy in their position or with the place overall. He shot her a sideways glance as he pulled up a lingering tulip and started plucking the vine that had grown around it's stems leave off of it.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Sep 3 2015, 09:59 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Victoria smiled a bit and let out a chuckle. Well then I will keep that in mind when I come to see you in your office then. I won't lie though, I am a sucker for white wine... Alek stood and skipped another rock and she watched it skip multiple times. you're really good at that.. I've never known how to do that before..

Aleksander spoke to her and she looked back at him and she smiled nodding her head. She took his hand and stood up. Sure, I'd love to. It's starting to get chilly here anyways. She walked beside him and took in a deep breath. This time of season was amazing.

Yeah I love it here, just hard adjusting is all. I feel like other than you, I don't really know much of anyone here anymore. Things have changed so much. I mean it's not hard making friends... I've always been the type to just jump right in and be the center of attention... But it is hard knowing who you can really trust, you know?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Sep 3 2015, 10:34 PM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Her comment about his stone skipping caught him a bit off guard he had learned it from he and Kats older brother, he had died years ago though and Alek had just kept the habit. I picked it up a long time ago from my older brother, he's not with us anymore; but I found after he passed I took on a lot of his old habits, it made me feel closer to him.

As they continued to walk along he looked over at her and smiled, I'm sure you have little things you've picked up from people in your life; whether for the memory or just the fact you spent so much time around them. He finished plucking the vines off of the stem of the tulip and held it out to her it was a nice shade of pink, and one of the few flowers that was freshly bloomed. Would you like his, maybe to stick in your office brighten it up a bit.

He continued on the path watching the sun sink lower and lower. I'm the opposite I prefer to linger on the edges of things and see what everyone else is doing and watch people. I've always like just roaming around and watching the way others work, everyone has a different thing that makes them tick and it's always been an odd fascination of mine to see what that thing is. He tilted his head up a little to look at the colors starting to lace across the sky as he finished saying this, nature was truly beautiful and today was one of the best they had, had this month.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Sep 4 2015, 01:26 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Awe.. That is so sweet. I mean that you took up the habits to feel close to him. It seemed the more the two of them talked the more she found herself finding more reasons to admire and respect the man she was working for. It wasn't like she never did before, but it was adding onto the lists. There was so much more to him than meets the eye.

Victoria began to think about the things she was good at and where she learned them from and her mind came to a blank. Possibly.. How about when I figure out what I am good at and where I learn it from, I will inform you instantly! She stated, with a bit of a laugh and slightly embarrassed that she couldn't think of anything that she was good at.

Just then, she noticed a pink flower being held in her direction and she gazed over at him with her eyes widened. She had never be given a flower before. She knew they were colleagues and essentially friends, but it was still the nicest gesture she had ever gotten. I would.. Thank you Aleksander.. I will place it in my office. She gave him a genuine smile and smelled the flower as they walked.

Yeah.. see my point in how I am... I may be outgoing in crowds but...I enjoy things like this much more often. Its like.... How to explain it... She stopped in the path and thought about it carefully. Walking and talking with you now is like I am a completely open book, I feel like I can be myself with you in ways I didn't think I could be with anyone. Yet, in the crowds when I am jumping to be the center of attention.. I think I am just looking to be liked and loved, and find those scenarios make me feel much more lonely than anything. She let out a sigh.

Continuing to walk again she placed her face near the flower she had been given. I don't mean to unload my whole emotional plains on you, and I am sorry for just... Letting it go, but .. You somehow... make me feel... She looked over at him and stared a moment. Safe. Like everything will be alright.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Sep 4 2015, 06:29 PM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

After she took the flower, Aleksander placed his hands in his pocket and continued to walk, just listening to her and the quiet hum of everything around them. Nature was so loud, and yet so peaceful at the same time he found, birds in the trees, the noise form the water in the pond, the grass swaying in the wind. It all made so much noise, and yet it was so calm and soothing.

As she finished speaking he sighed, See I am the same way I can easily open up to someone in a one on one scenario, but if you put me into a crowd it's a facade of ho I really am coming through. When you're in positions like ours you have to always be calm and in control of things, sometimes it can wear on you. Often times, I find myself going to one of two people when that happens usually Nicholas Volynski and old friend of mine or Katerina. Because I can drop the pretense and be the stressed out individual needing a break underneath. It's nothing to be ashamed of. He added the last bit firmly, because it sounded like she was ashamed of her actions and behavior in some instance, when there really was nothing to be ashamed of. All people handled all things differently.

As she continued to hold the flower thanking him and walking on with it in her hand she confided that she felt safe with him, it as not something most people said lightly, but it was a feeling he seemed to give a lot of people. I've been told that before, and at times it is reassuring, other times it is almost terrifying to think I am someone making another person feel as though they are safe and okay in a situation, because hat happens if I fail them later on down the line? It can be both a blessing and a curse for people to feel comfortable around you. It has often kept me from getting close to others. He ran his hands over some of the bushes along he path as they went, picking off the dead leaves and looking out towards the fields now.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Sep 4 2015, 08:49 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Victoria turned her head to look at him and she nodded a bit. She could see what he meant about it all. Of course his way of dealing with crowds was quite different than how she dealt with them. That must be nice though to have your friend and sister to turn to for everything, if you needed to. My sister is still too young to understand the things that I am going through, besides I doubt she would want to hear from me anytime soon.

You shouldn't be terrified about it though. It's a good thing for people to be able to feel comfortable around you. It shouldn't distant yourself because of it though. You know? Never be afraid to be a friend, the instant you're afraid of that.. You fail yourself more than you fail others. She stated, placing a hand on his bicept to give him reassurance. She didn't mean or want him to be afraid of anything, or her, or their friendship. She wanted him to feel comfortable and wanted him to know she was there and understanding of him.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Sep 5 2015, 11:13 AM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Meeting her gaze as she spoke Aleksander shrugged, It is nice at times, other times I wonder if I should really go to them with my problems or emotions. Espcially in times like now when I know one or both of them have deep issues of their own they're struggling with. He sighed, he always wanted to go to Nic with his problems first, but often held off on it, not wanting to be a burden to his long time friend. Your sister may want to hear from you, you never know until you open the door and begin to try to mend broken bridges.

He gave her a comforting smile and continued down the path, noting they were getting closer to the school. While I understand what you're saying and have said it to myself a few times, in the moment it is hard to make yourself feel that. Even if you don't fail someone for years, you can feel as though you did for one minor thing. Even something that wasn't your fault to begin with. Almost the same way you feel you can't have a relationship with your younger sister, due to her inability at the time things happened to understand them fully. He said the last part lightly, she seemed to have a lot of pent up emotion about her younger sister, and it seemed from what she was saying though that at the end of the day she was blaming herself.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Sep 6 2015, 03:58 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

ictora frowned a bit at his comment about him being able to go to his sister and friend, and at first she was confused. But when she finally put two and two together she basically had a revelation look upon her face. ahhhh..... that would be tough... Well.. If you need an ear, Aleksander.. I am here. I may not be your best friend or your sister, but I can be a good listener, even though I talk a lot. She let out a bit of a laugh. He then spoke to her about her sister and she shrugged.

Well maybe one day, we will see how things go this year I guess. I am not sure if she is even returning to Hogwarts. She let out a sigh and nodded at his words. He was right in his thoughts about the situations. but it was nice to have someone tell her how it was. It was something she needed to hear.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Prof. Aleksander Petrov
 Posted: Sep 6 2015, 04:34 PM

Headmaster
3908 POSTS
30 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

As they continued to walk the sun had been sinking lower beneath the clouds. Alek sighed as they reached the castle steps and turned to Victoria, Thanks for the chat and the walking, it felt good to spend a little time out of my own head and just letting things out. He turned to go up the steps and paused, turning to Victoria, If this isn't too forward, would you like to go to something with me later this week? I need to make an appearance at Nicholas' Inauguration as Minister of Magic, it wouldn't need to be any kind of formal even for us, but it would be nice to have more than my sister and Nicholas to talk to. He gave her a small smile as he waited for her answer then grimaced, It is formal dress though. He felt the need to mention this since, often times people hated that aspect of these events.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Victoria Pierce
 Posted: Sep 6 2015, 04:43 PM

Gryffindor Head of House
515 POSTS
26 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

They finally reached the castle and Victoria had a clearer head now. It was nice to be able to speak to someone about what was going on, and it turned out he enjoyed it too. Likewise. It was really nice being able to talk about things and not be worried of what judgement came afterwards.. Thank you as well.. She was about to take a step up and follow him into the castle when he had turned around. Her eyes widened slightly at the question and a look of shock. He asked her to go to an event with him? Like as a friend-date? She cleared her throat and nodded her head. With me?.. Yeah, of course.. I would love to. I mean I heard about the event and was planning on making a short appearance, but it would definitely be nice to go with someone. So yes, I will go with you. Victoria tried to not be overly excited about it. I mean, they were friends, and they worked together so, it didn't mean much. Did it? He grimaced and she let out a chuckle. I am so prepared for formal wear... You've no idea how many dresses this girl actually has and hasn't been able to wear in ages.. She let out a bit of more of a chuckle. She stared at him a moment and bit down on her lip slightly. Perhaps it was time to go inside now. She took a few steps up and past him, turning her head and smiled again. I'll... See you around?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmailYIM
^
Ryder Snow
 Posted: Dec 13 2015, 06:33 PM

Hufflepuff Prefect
104 POSTS
14 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ryder stuffed his hands in his pockets as he slowly looked over the Koi pond, he hadn't seen his little sister in awhile, so he had owled her and told her to meet him here! Hopefully she would have time to see him!

He kinda missed her!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Azure Snow
 Posted: Dec 13 2015, 09:27 PM

Hufflepuff Third Year
132 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Undefined

Azure happily made her way to the Koi pond. She hadn't seen her older brother in a while and she definitely missed him! Now she could see if he had found anyone yet! After all, she wouldn't be around him forever! He'd need someone to watch over him in her place! Spotting her brother, she grinned and skipped over to him and said Ry! I haven't seen you in... forever and a half! How've you been?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ryder Snow
 Posted: Dec 14 2015, 06:03 PM

Hufflepuff Prefect
104 POSTS
14 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ryder turned with a wide smile as he heard his sister coming to see him and he leaned down to give her a big hug! "It's only been a few days Az, you silly bug.. but yes..it does seem like it's been forever." He said with a grin as he released her and stood back to look at her..

"I'm doing well! How about you? Are you getting settled all right?" Since they both transferred in the middle of the year, it could be difficult to meet people! He knew he had problems with it!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Azure Snow
 Posted: Dec 14 2015, 06:16 PM

Hufflepuff Third Year
132 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Undefined

Azure hugged Ryder and grinned. He was right, it may have been only a few days but it felt like forever! At his question, she frowned slightly and said It's been a bit tough.. but then again I've always had a bit of trouble meeting people... Other than that it's been fine! The castle is amazing! She wished she didn't have such difficulty meeting people!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ryder Snow
 Posted: Dec 15 2015, 12:46 AM

Hufflepuff Prefect
104 POSTS
14 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ryder smiled at his little sister and he settled down on the grass next to the pond and he patted the ground next to him, so she could join him. "Join me Az." He said with a warm smile as he looked into the water for a moment, before looking back at his little sister.

"Ohh, I'm sorry you've been having it rough.. I haven't exactly been meeting many people myself." Venus and Emma.. They were both nice though, he was happy to have them as friends!

"Mmm, it is pretty amazing! We should go exploring one day, and who knows.. maybe we will meet someone? Then I can introduce you and that way you'll be okay to talk to them if I'm there." His poor shy little sister!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Azure Snow
 Posted: Dec 15 2015, 03:19 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
132 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Undefined

Azure happily sat down beside her brother. He had chosen a beautiful spot to meet up! Smiling, she said It'd be even better if I could just talk to people! Oh well! I'm only a second year, so there's plenty of time to meet people!
At Ryder's suggestion, she smiled and said That sounds wonderful! Exploring is great! And I would love to be able to meet more people! If you could deal with the introductions, I'd definitely appreciate it! If she wasn't so shy, she'd be able to meet people on her own! Luckily her brother was willing to do the talking for her!
Looking out at the Koi, she asked Have you found any interesting places in the castle?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ryder Snow
 Posted: Dec 15 2015, 06:22 PM

Hufflepuff Prefect
104 POSTS
14 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ryder smiled warmly at his little sister as she sat down next to him, and he gently patted her head.. "Hey now, it's totally all right, you are shy! There is nothing wrong with that! And I'm sure soon enough you will make some friends, as you say, there is time! And until you... you have me!" He stuck his tongue out at her..

He nodded, "Of course I would be up for introductions! That is why I suggested it silly! It's an easy way for us to both get out a meet new people!"

He though for a moment at her last questions.. "Hmmm, not so far! There was ice skating under the Eiffel tower a few nights ago which was really fun! I was surprised you didn't go actually!"

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Azure Snow
 Posted: Dec 15 2015, 07:08 PM

Hufflepuff Third Year
132 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Undefined

Azure laughed and stuck her tongue out at Ryder before saying Yes, I'll always have you. Though eventually you are going to need to find someone else to watch over you! Have you found yourself a girlfriend yet? She may seem pushy here, but she just wanted her brother to be happy!

Smiling warmly at her brother she said Good! It's a win-win! She was always a bit worried that her shyness was just a burden to her brother.

When he mentioned the ice skating she laughed a little embarrassed and said Well I was going to, but every time I found an ornament, someone else was there as well... and I didn't want to just take it... so I ended up just hiding out in the common room.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ryder Snow
 Posted: Dec 16 2015, 12:57 AM

Hufflepuff Prefect
104 POSTS
14 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ryder made a bit of a face as she spoke.. "No, I haven't found myself a girlfriend quite yet! It's only been a few days! I've met a few girls.. but I don't know if anything is going to happen with them!" He really didn't.. They were both nice.. but he needed time!

Ryder smiled, glad to see that his little sister was happy, he knew she could get shy, she just had to get out of her own head for a bit..

Ryder shook his head at her though as she spoke and he sighed... "I knew I should have waited Az.. I'm so sorry.. we could have gone skating together!

This post has been edited by Rory Fallon: Dec 16 2015, 01:07 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Azure Snow
 Posted: Dec 16 2015, 01:16 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
132 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Undefined

Azure rolled her eyes and said You know your gonna have to find someone eventually! I'm not gonna be able to watch over you forever! She wanted the best for her brother!

When Ryder apologized, she smiled and shook her head saying No worries Ry... It would've been fun to skate together... But we can always go to another event together! While she was sad she missed out on the skating, she knew there were bound to be other opportunities to have fun!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ryder Snow
 Posted: Dec 16 2015, 05:26 PM

Hufflepuff Prefect
104 POSTS
14 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ryder ducked his head a little as Azure spoke.. "I know but, Az, you've got to give me a little time all right?" He asked her with a warm smile.. "If I don't have one by the end of next term.. then you have all the right to yell at me.. but give me until then hmm?

Besides, I have to make sure that you like her!"
He stuck his tongue out at her and grinned as he leaned back and looked over at the fish..

He turned back to her with a smile as she spoke.. "That's right! The next event we have, we will go together hmm? Does that sound good to you!"

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Azure Snow
 Posted: Dec 16 2015, 08:25 PM

Hufflepuff Third Year
132 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Undefined

With a roll of her eyes and a sassy smirk Azure said Oh alright! But just until the end of next term! Any longer than that and I'll start to worry that you want to worry me!

When he stuck out his tongue, she laughed and stuck her tongue out at him.

At Ryder's suggestion, she smiled and said That sounds wonderful! Just make sure you don't forget Ry!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ryder Snow
 Posted: Dec 17 2015, 02:32 PM

Hufflepuff Prefect
104 POSTS
14 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ryder shook his head at his little sister and he stuck his tongue out at her! "I'll do my best! But I can't promise anything! And I don't want to worry you!! But I'll.. do my best!" He said again, he knew she was just looking out for him.. And he appreciated that!

"I won't forget, I promise." He said with a wide smile.. "Have I ever let you down before?"

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Azure Snow
 Posted: Dec 17 2015, 06:54 PM

Hufflepuff Third Year
132 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Undefined

Azure laughed at her brother's response. As long as he knew she was looking after him, even with all the teasing!

When he asked if he had ever let her down before, Azure laughed and said Well no, but there's a first time for everything! She stuck her tongue out, teasing Ryder. She didn't think he would ever let her down, but that didn't mean she couldn't tease him!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ryder Snow
 Posted: Dec 17 2015, 06:58 PM

Hufflepuff Prefect
104 POSTS
14 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ryder's dark purple eyes opened wide in mock hurt and he turned his head to the side.. "I'm shocked! Shocked I say to hear you say that! Here I am, the nicest brother in the world.. and you say I let you down!" Hmmph.. He looked at her with a bit of a smile though..

Even if he was pretending to be mad.. "Fine then.. see if I give you the present I had for you!" He stuck his tongue out at her again..

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Azure Snow
 Posted: Dec 17 2015, 07:09 PM

Hufflepuff Third Year
132 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Undefined

Azure gasped in mock hurt and said How you wound me sir! And here I thought you were supposed to be a gentleman!

With a twinkle in her violet eyes she said Fine, then maybe I just wont give you your gift!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ryder Snow
 Posted: Dec 18 2015, 05:15 PM

Hufflepuff Prefect
104 POSTS
14 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ryder smiled and shook his head at his younger sister.. "I am a gentleman! Sometimes gentlemen tease ladies,they are allowed to do that!" He said with a laugh as he looked at her with a smile..

"GAHHHHH! No presents? Ryder fell over on the grass like he was in pain and he started to sniffle a little bit..

"What on earth will I do without presents?" He said still writhing around..

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Azure Snow
 Posted: Dec 18 2015, 11:04 PM

Hufflepuff Third Year
132 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Undefined

Azure stuck her tongue out at her brother. He could be ridiculous sometimes! When he started writhing, she laughed at him and said Oh I'm sure you'll find a way to live without presents brother dear. No need to be such a drama queen! She shook her head fondly. Her brother, the goof!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ryder Snow
 Posted: Dec 19 2015, 12:51 AM

Hufflepuff Prefect
104 POSTS
14 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ryder shook his head as his sister spoke.. "ACK It hurts!! Must have presents!" He said with a laugh as he sat up and brushed off his sweater with a smile..

"Please give me presents!"

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Azure Snow
 Posted: Dec 19 2015, 01:03 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
132 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Undefined

Azure laughed at her brother's antics and said I'll give you your presents, only if you give me mine!
She stuck her tongue out at him and said Must you always be such a drama queen?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ryder Snow
 Posted: Dec 20 2015, 06:12 PM

Hufflepuff Prefect
104 POSTS
14 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ryder smiled at his little sister. "Of course I'm going to give you your presents!" He said with a shake of his head, before he turned to look at the Koi pond for a moment..

"Did you get a letter from mom lately? I thought we were going to go home for Christmas, but now.. she says that she isn't sure.. Everything was very vague.. I hope everything is all right." He said with a sigh, he would hate it if someone was wrong with his family!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Azure Snow
 Posted: Dec 20 2015, 06:17 PM

Hufflepuff Third Year
132 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Undefined

Azure laughed at her brother and said Good! With a smile she watched the Koi swimming.

When he sighed, she sighed as well and said Yeah... She was really vague in the letter she sent me as well... I hope nothing terrible has happened... Remembering the letter, worst case scenarios started flying through her mind. What could possibly have happened that their mother couldn't just tell them?!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ryder Snow
 Posted: Dec 21 2015, 01:51 PM

Hufflepuff Prefect
104 POSTS
14 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ryder sighed softly as his sister pretty much had the same luck as he did! Nothing but vague replies from their family.. "I haven't talked to Wes or Syah in a bit either, I wonder if they had had any more luck than we have?" He missed his cousins! Hopefully he would be able to see them soon though!

"I'm going to try and write mom and Dad again, as well as Wes.. Maybe we need to have a cousin meeting with him and Sy?" He wondered softly.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Azure Snow
 Posted: Dec 22 2015, 01:19 AM

Hufflepuff Third Year
132 POSTS
12 YEARS OLD
Undefined

Azure sighed at the mention of Syah and Wes and said I hope so! .... I just hope it's nothing serious... She trailed off, thinking about all the possible reasons their mother had been so vague...
Nodding her head at Ryder's suggestion she said Yes... A cousin meeting would be best! Maybe one of them know what's going on!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ