View All Announcements

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Wall, to the Room of Requirement
Prof. Ariana Darkwood
 Posted: Jun 2 2011, 10:19 PM

Professor Emeritus
3306 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

The Wall that leads to the Room of Requirement.

--------------------
user posted image
Art gifted by Nathalie Deveraux. Thanks, sweetheart! || Too Cute!

PM
^
Una Sparks
 Posted: Jun 4 2011, 05:36 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
457 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Una walked past a few classrooms on her way to see her friend Cass outside the Gryffindor common room, but as she walked along one corridor, a door she hadn't ever seen before was suddenly there. 'You weren't here yesterday' she spoke to herself, puzzled. She brushed her hand over the door. Solid wood. 'Hmm.' She opened the door and it was just a book cupboard. 'Weird' she muttered. Closing the door, she headed off to the Fat Lady's corridor, unaware that the door had now vanished behind her.

--------------------
PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jun 21 2011, 03:33 AM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

((Open RP))

Celia was wandering through the castle, looking for a quiet place to read the book she borrowed at the library. It was a nice day bright and breezy. She had tried to read outside but the pages were pushed away by the wind. Even when they stayed flat they were a little too bright for the eyes. So she walked back to the castle and went to the seventh floor. She had never been here and figured she would take a look.

Thankfully, the corridor was deserted. Most students were enjoying their freetime outside. Celia quietly wandered the corridor, stopping to admire the gargoyle with strange corns. She was constantly amazed by this castle and all its treasures haphazardly placed here and there. Out of nowhere she began softly singing the school song on the happy birthday song tune.

Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something, please,
Whether we be old and bald
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling
With some interesting stuff.

At this word she came upon a rather strange and large canvas. She stopped singing and took some space back to take it all in. Her back eventually bumped into the opposite wall which was completely bare. A rare characteristic for Hogwarts wall. She shrugged and looked back at the tapestry. She couldn't help but laugh at the painting, this scene was hilarious. They were Trolls in tutu, sending their cudgel over their head and taking 'gracious' poses which looked terrible with their looks. A poor wizard was in the middle of all this.
user posted image

She brushed tears from her eyes as her laughters quieted down. Not willing to leave this hilarious scene so soon she sat where she was, back against the cool stone, looking at the moving tapestry.

It was a nice place after all. She didn't mind sitting on the floor and there wasn't people walking around. So she opened her bag which she had let slip beside her and pulled out the heavy book. The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts. Setting it on her folded leg she went to the Table of Content and flipped the pages to the chapter she was interested in. With a last glance toward the tapestry which didn't fail to put a smile on her lips she began her reading.

This post has been edited by Celia Kelly: Jun 21 2011, 03:41 AM

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jun 27 2011, 05:39 PM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

On his way back from the owlery, Oliver scanned the latest letter from his grandfather. After the first paragraph, Oliver's brow began to furrow. As he got father into it, his frown turned into an outright scowl. It was yet another lecture. This time it was about needing to make friends, the right sort of friends. By right his grandfather meant Slytherins.

Distracted by the reprimand he was being given, Oliver didn't notice that he wasn't quite going in the right direction of the Ravenclaw tower. As he made his way down the seventh floor corridor, he managed to spot a figure on the ground in his peripherals. He tore himself away from the page to find himself a few feet from Celia.

Oliver attempted to muster up a more cheerful expression and said, "This is an awfully random place to be hanging out and reading, isn't it?"

This post has been edited by Oliver Wright: Jun 28 2011, 09:58 AM

--------------------

user posted image

Thanks to Eve for the signature <3
PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jun 27 2011, 05:51 PM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia was interrupted from her reading and glanced up. There was Oliver with a letter in hand. At his comment she quickly retorted. "Says the guy reading a letter while walking." Celia punctuated her teasing comment by a genuine smile. She had become quite fond of Oliver and hoped they could become good friends despite his family's believing.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jun 28 2011, 10:05 AM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

At first Oliver wasn't quite sure how to respond to her cheeky reply. He smiled back at her and laughed a little while placing the letter in his pocket as a means of stalling.

"Ahh, well, what I'm doing is multi-tasking, Celia" he explained to her. "You're just the odd girl sitting in this corridor reading...," he took a quick glance at the book in her hands, "...about the dark arts and..." Oliver searched for something else to aid in his defense and spotted the tapestry on the wall. A wry smile fell on his lips as he added, "... and you're next to this horrendous painting!"

Oliver gave her a false disapproving look and crossed his arms. "This is not a proper setting for a young lady such as yourself," he told her jokingly.

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jun 28 2011, 10:07 PM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia laughed at Oliver'r parry, it was nice to deal with a Ravenclaw for once. "Guess I'm not the proper young lady you think I'm. And this tapestry is just hilarious, I couldn't leave it. See you're not the only one multitasking here." She replied still in a cheeky mood.

Thinking to the letter she inquired "Good news I hope."

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jun 29 2011, 07:41 AM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver shook his head in false disappointment as Celia told him she wasn't a proper lady. As she continued, he looked back at the tapestry as she mentioned it and wondered who would make such a piece. He turned back to her as she brought up his letter and his smile fell a bit. "Oh...not really actually," he replied honestly.

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jun 29 2011, 10:51 AM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia grinned at his antics but her smile faltered as he seemed saddened by the letter. When he said it wasn't good news she simply said " Oh ...." She tried to think of what a friend would do for her in that case and added."Wanna talk about it?"

This post has been edited by Celia Kelly: Jun 29 2011, 10:54 AM

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jun 29 2011, 04:23 PM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver bowed his head as Celia seemed at a loss for words. He hadn't meant to bring the mood down. Once she asked if he wanted to discuss it he started to say, "No I should probably..." while gesturing in the direction he had originally been headed. However, for some reason he had the feeling that maybe it would be nice to have someone to really talk to for once. "Well...sure...if you don't mind," Oliver replied slowly.

He walked over to the wall she was at and leaned against it before sliding down to join her. "It's just that my grandfather is always lecturing me, and he has all of these expectations of me. It's really hard trying to be who my family wants me to be," Oliver explained in one quick breath.

This post has been edited by Oliver Wright: Jun 29 2011, 04:23 PM

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jun 29 2011, 04:45 PM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

At first it seemed like Oliver was shrugging it off and pulling away. But something made him change his mind and he joined her and spoke briefly. It seemed like he wasn't use to talk about what thinks like that and Celia could understand. She could also reflect on his issue. "What matters really is who you want to be. If your family loves you they will accept you no matter who you are as long as you're happy. Being someone else to please some relative will only get you unhappy and resentful towards these persons." It was a very wise speech for a young girl but Celia had lived that. She had lost her family the day she came to Hogwarts. Come to think of it, she already lost them when her magical abilities showed up. But she had lived 6 years denying it and all she got was heartache and loneliness. Magic was part of her and she had felt better since she admitted it.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jun 30 2011, 07:39 AM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver shook his head vehemently. "No, you don't know my family. They're mad I got sorted into Ravenclaw. Everyone has been in Slytherin. I've embarrassed them because now I'm missing out on 'proper' friendships. If they found out I was talking with you, for instance, they would be furious," he explained.

This post has been edited by Oliver Wright: Jun 30 2011, 11:50 AM

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jun 30 2011, 04:09 PM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia tried to proceed the information and come up with an helpful answer. "So you're supposed to befriend narrow minded purebloods and help them torture muggleborns and worthless halfbloods like me, right? " It was more a rhetorical question, she understood it was something along those lines. And she asked him with a smile, indicating she didn't took it as a personal offense.

"You can play that game some time to please your family but what will you do after graduation? Join the dark side? There will be a line somewhere after which you can't go back. And some of these wizards/witches are so good at brainwashing that you might get pulled into it completely. Will you risk that to please your family?" She asked a lot of question,forcing him to dig into it to make the best choice.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jun 30 2011, 07:23 PM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver frowned at the way Celia explained his family's belief system. His first instinct was to defend them, but he knew she was right. "Do you want to know a secret actually?" he asked but proceeded with the assumption she did. "For the most part my mom's side are actually half-bloods," Oliver whispered. "You have to go a little ways back to find it, but it's only my grandfather that's pureblood. I'm not supposed to say anything. "

He listened quietly as Celia told him that he couldn't keep up this way forever. "I'm not going to go to the dark side," he told her as if that was a ridiculous option. "And I do think that we shouldn't mix ourselves up with muggles. We have the Statute for a reason. I don't understand what's so great about them, honestly." He stopped himself before he angered Celia with that tangent then continued. "But ever since I got sorted I've just been very confused. I mean, I talk to you, but there's this other Puff I detest. I guess I don't know what I think anymore."

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 1 2011, 04:27 AM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia nodded when he asked if she wanted to know a secret. Of course, she always did and she was actually able to keep them. She smiled softly as he admitted not being the purest pureblood. "Most of the purebloods can't really be that pure. But few will admit it, I'm glad you did. And you can count on me to keep it safe." She whispered back. She was impressed that he trusted her with that information and promise herself she wouldn't let him down.

Celia chuckled bitterly his comment about the muggles. "Yeah, look what it creates." She said indicating herself. She was torn on the subject, she had suffered a lot due to her parents belonging to different world. But she owed it her life. "I might shock you but I don't think that either. Being stuck between two worlds sucks. But what about muggleborns? I think they deserve to be accepted in the wizarding community." She spoke calmly hoping he wouldn't hold his opinions. She would never be angry at him for voicing and debating his beliefs. What she couldn't stand was people repeating what they've been told and refusing any debate.

"I guess people shouldn't be labelled with their house and parentage. It's part of who we are but there is so much more. Every person is a unique individual and you can't really have an opinion on them without getting to know them." She said hoping to help him sort his thoughts.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jul 1 2011, 08:55 AM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver bowed his head as Celia made a morose comment in response to his ill-conceived one. "That's not what I meant," he told her even though that's essentially what he had said. He couldn't understand how now all of his ideas and what he had been told all of his life were now conflicting with what he was experiencing with the girl in front of him. Oliver shrugged his shoulders at her question about muggleborns.

"Well, the mu-," he stopped himself at his almost automatic use of the term mudblood. He shook his head and hoped Celia hadn't caught it. "Muggleborns try too hard to be accepted. They overwork themselves to be on our level, and I think that's sad. It would be nice if they had the same magical potential as us, but they just don't," Oliver explained, further demonstrating how misinformed he is.

He carefully nodded his head as Celia explained how people should be judged individually and not be clumped together. His conversations with Celia and a Ravenclaw girl he was getting to know proved this. Plus, his encounters with Slytherins thus far were only proving his grandfather wrong. "That makes sense," he said simply. He wasn't ready to admit that everything he grew up knowing was wrong, but he knew he at least wanted to explore the possibility.

This post has been edited by Oliver Wright: Jul 1 2011, 08:56 AM

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 1 2011, 03:58 PM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"I meant it. It's strange to willingly decide to get your kids in this situation. And it's strange for the muggles. They live with wizards but have to keep the secret." She explained. The wizarding world was a huge secret to keep and having too much muggles knowing was dangerous.

But when it came to muggleborn, she had a different opinion. Despite both parents being muggle, some kids possessed magic. It seem to her to be the most powerful, that these people were destined to be wizards and witches. She cringed a little when he stammered on the word muggleborn, surely stopping himself from saying mudblood. She smirked at his effort and listened to him but quircked her eyebrows at his comment. She stayed calm and let him finish, she didn't want to get into a argument but she couldn't let that pass either. "You can't be serious? You really think they have less power? Au contraire, I think that the fact they possess magic abilities despite their parents being muggle shows how much they belong to this world and deserve to learn how to control their magic." She explained quietly.

"It would be a shame if all people from each house were the same. I met some frequentable Slytherins. Sure we won't act all friendly in the Great Hall but that doesn't prevent us from enjoying each other's company. We just have to stay discreet." She wouldn't like to be a Sly, the reasonable ones had to bear with their housemates hostility if they were noticed with Hufflepuff or muggleborns.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jul 2 2011, 09:40 AM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver narrowed his eyes as Celia disagreed with his perception on Muggleborns. "I don't know about that. The blood has been diluted down. Wouldn't that make them have less magical abilities?" he asked seriously. He had never heard any different.

As to her statement about the Slys, he laughed and said, "Well, you ought to introduce me to them so my grandfather will leave me alone at least for a little while."

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 2 2011, 03:33 PM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia listened quietly to Oliver's arguments. It was nice to be able to discuss without hostility even if they had diverging opinions on the subject. "I don't know about this blood dilution theory. It's strange because muggleborns shouldn't even exist then. Their blood is more concentrated than their parents it doesn't make sense. But if you look at History, muggleborns who had the chance to learn aren't less powerful. It's like the others, there's a great variation in magical power and some are exceptional. Look at Lily Potter, she protected her son 17 years long after her death. If that isn't power I don't know what you need."

When he laughed about Slytherins she replied playfully."A Claw, a Sly and a Puff. It sounds like a bad joke's beginning. But yeah, we should try it sometime. The guy we met at te photography room wasn't aggressive." He had been very shy actually. But still, others would have insulted her at the mere mention of unmoving pictures.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jul 2 2011, 06:52 PM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

((This is a really challenging POV to write from! Haha.))

Oliver furrowed his brow at Celia's explanation. He was almost at a loss for words. He finally asked, "So you're saying since the magic was carried down all that way from their ancestors then they have to be pretty powerful to be able to...capture it I guess? Is it almost like a recessive gene in their case?" He paused for a few moments before continuing. "Well, I don't know if that protection was so much Lily Potter's strength as it was the Dark Lord's weakness. I mean, my grandparents are always on about how brilliant he was, but I think the guy had things all wrong. It was his inability to understand love that protected Harry Potter all those years."

Oliver smiled at Celia's comment about it seeming like a joke. "Yes. All we need is a Gryff, and we'd be walking definitions of house unity," he replied with a laugh. "Yeah. That Jesse guy didn't seem bad, but I mean he didn't talk much. You never know." He couldn't understand how his parents, although maybe a little off in their views, could be such friendly people when they came from that awful, conniving house. It must have been difficult.

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 2 2011, 11:19 PM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia listened patiently to his reply, she was actually enjoying this debate. She had had several run-ins who ended badly because of the blood issue but until now, no one had explained their view. She shook her head softy at his question."I don't pretend to know these answers, nobody does. What if magic isn't linked to the DNA or the parentage? We all have different abilities but maybe it has nothing to do with our lineage."

She smirked as he refuted Lily example by indicating Riddle's denial of the power of love. "Ok, maybe Lily wasn't the best example. She was great at enchantments though. Let's see ... Hermione granger! Without her the golden trio wouldn't even survive its first year and Riddle would probably have risen again in 1992." As she was speaking, she realised it was a strange example to give as Oliver"s family probably preferred to live under Riddle's regime.

She chuckled when he proposed to add a Gryff. "Yeah, it would be kind of cool. But we would also be the target of every house narrow minded people who consider us as traitors."

She thought back to the young Sly. "I'll let him the benefice of the doubt. Maybe he's the kind of guy who ok at first but gets brainwhashed by his housemates. It doesn't seem easy to stay nice in the green house, it's like a crime there." She said smiling bitterly.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jul 3 2011, 01:22 AM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver quirked an eyebrow at her suggestion about how magical abilities worked. Nothing to do with lineage? It was a completely backwards idea to him. He had learned that his family was important to who he was and what he could become. However, he decided there was no use saying so and went on to comment on her next example.

"Hermione Granger shows exactly what I meant about them needing to try so hard. From what I've read all she did was pore over her books, and she overloaded on coursework. Only a Muggleborn would feel the need to do that. I'm sure you know Miss Nightshade. What is she doing half of the day? Reading about magical history. They excel because they overwork themselves. It's that simple. If they were so great wouldn't they just know it already?"

Oliver took a deep breath after his long-winded response. He was growing a little tired of having to explain himself; he never had to do so before. He listened as she replied to his proposition. He had only been joking. Like Celia pointed out, there would be whispers and he didn't need any of that.

He nodded politely at her statement about the Sly they had met, though. "Yes. I'm not sure how some of my family did it," he told her and added, "None of them are evil, you know. And not all of them are blood purists." From the way he talked she was surely getting an off color idea of them.

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 3 2011, 04:03 AM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia could feel Oliver getting annoyed at their conversation. he was visibly holding back some comments. "Hey, I'm not saying you got it all wrong. It's just that so many people consider lineage as the ultimate criteria but nothing prooves it. And I find it boring to consider that all comes from your birth. Then what would your actions in life counts for?"

Celia was a bit peeved by his next comment about muggleborn. She considered herself as muggleborn went it came to studies. She had know nothing of the wizarding world before Hogwarts. "I'm not saying muggleborns are better than the others, all I'm saying is that they deserve a chance to learn to control their magic as much as everyone else. As for overworking, I do it too. I borrow books at the Library and spend hours reading them here and there." She said defensivelly. "Try to put yourself in our place. We grew up in the muggle world, always knowing we were special and suffering from it for some of us." She knew what she was talking about, at school she was just 'the freak' no one used her name except her brother. "Then we discover Hogwarts and the wizarding world. Wouldn't you try to get answers too? To learn what you can about this world. I felt so ignorant when I came here, still do some time. We have a eleven years gap to fill. At the beginning I didn't understand wy Slytherins were picking on me and all this blood stuff." She tried to make him understand what it was to be mugggleraised and come to Hogwarts. "And don't mi knowledge and skills. Maybe Granger was a bookworm but she was also able to learn new spells way faster than her peers."

She smiled apologetically when he defended his family. "Sorry if my talking made you feel I thought that of them, because I don't. I wouldn't dare judge without knowing."

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jul 3 2011, 12:50 PM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver ran his hand through his hair. "Well, I don't think lineage determines everything, but I think it counts for a lot. It gives you a starting point and a foundation. You can choose what to do with it, though," he explained, unknowingly agreeing with Celia's original advice concerning his own choices.

After the Puff began her next response he could tell he had hit a bit of a nerve. However, Oliver in no way could understand not having grown up in the wizarding world so it was difficult for him to process her point of view. "Well, maybe there should just be a school for Muggleborns. Then once they have acclimated properly they could transfer to another school. Why would you put yourself in such a position of confusion? If I didn't know anything about magic I wouldn't want to come here and face all the teasing about things I didn't even understand."

Oliver shook his head at Celia's apology. "You didn't say anything wrong. I'm just probably making them seem worse off than they actually are. My parents are strict, but they're good people. And so are my grandparents. They just have a lot of...old-fashioned ideas I guess. I don't talk much with any of my other family. My cousin is coming here in the fall, though."

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 3 2011, 03:15 PM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"I guess." Celia simply replied to Oliver's statement on lineage. They kind of reached an agreement. Lineage has some importance but choices too. The only difference being the proportion they gave to each part.

On the muggleborn topic however, they were far from thinking on the same grounds."Come on. If there are special school it would cause further discrimination. And they would learn way slower because none of them knows the wizarding world. Here it's confusing but we learn very fast both from teachers and the other students. And coming here was the best thing that happened to me. It's very hard to live in the muggle world when you're so different. Magic is part of me, I couldn't deny it anymore. That's really worth the teasing."

Celia nodded. "I'm glad I didn't offend you. I really don't mean to. You're lucky to have family join you here. I miss my brother." Celia admitted, she wouldn't usually talk about that, except with Richie. But Oliver had been honest with her and he deserved that she was too.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jul 4 2011, 07:34 AM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver gave her a really confused look and said, "Worth the teasing? Hmm..." Tapping his fingers absentmindedly on his knee, he continued, "I would never know what that is like not knowing I would be coming here. Well, my grandfather was set on me going to Durmstrang actually, but that's another story. But if you think it was better for you coming here straight off then I will trust you. Some of it just does not make sense to me is all. Sorry."

Oliver shrugged his shoulders. "My cousin's father married a Muggleborn. His side of the family is tolerated more than anything. I haven't spoken to him in ages. It's awkward." He stared back at Celia thoughtfully. "So where is your brother? Is he older then?"

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 4 2011, 08:36 AM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver look confused and Celia understood why. "Oh, you meant school before Hogwarts? Yeah, that would certainly help. I thought you meant another school instead of Hogwarts."

Celia nodded "So he's family but not really a friend. It's crazy how many students are cousins here. It shows how much of a small world the wizarding community is." She looked straight ahead at the tapestry but without seeing it as she replied to his questions. "Gwen is five year older than me." She paused and look back at him. "I have no idea where he is." Her voice faltered but she didn't cry. She had shed enough tears on her family. Now it was time for anger and revenge.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jul 5 2011, 07:19 AM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver shrugged his shoulders. "I had meant the former, but the latter could work, too."

He listened as she described his cousin as family but not friend. He thought it was pretty accurate. Maybe things would change once he got here, but Oliver kind of doubted it. He nodded when she talked about everyone having cousins. "Yeah. A lot of wizarding families are pretty close. I'm sure I have other cousins around that are just more distantly related. It happens."

As soon as Celia began to answer Oliver's question about her brother he immediately regretted it. Her demeanor changed, and he could tell it was a touchy subject. In his head he was begging her to not cry, because he wasn't sure what he would have done. Oliver awkwardly patted her on the shoulder and said, "Oh, I'm sorry...I didn't realize...Sorry."

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 5 2011, 01:11 PM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia simply shruged at his last statement about school. She wasn't agreeing with the later proposition (school for muggleborns instead of Hogwarts) but she was tired to argue about it. She would defend this particular point in another conversation if it come up again but for now she let it slip.

Curious about the wizarding community dynamics she asked. "Did you know many others wizards before Hogwarts?" She wondered how it would be like to go to Hogwarts with your childhood friends or other acquaintances.

She stiffened when she felt his hand on her shoulder, she wasn't used to be touched. "It's okay. You couldn't know." She said as she stood up and started pacing back and forth in the corridor. "I guess nobody's family is perfect." She said bitterly.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jul 6 2011, 09:56 AM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver gave a so-so gesture with his hand. "I've been around adults most of my life, and most of the families I was with have demon children that now go to Durmstrang or at least will be. There's a few names around here I recognize, but I don't have many friends," he admitted. Oliver enjoyed books and was very particular about who he spent his time with so that hadn't allowed much room for making any lasting bonds. Maybe if he hadn't been an only child he would have been more sociable. However, with parents always on the move he had learned not to grow too close to anyone.

Oliver quickly withdrew his hand as Celia immediately tensed up. She abruptly stood up and began pacing. He inched his way up the wall to be on her level, well, as much as a small, eleven-year-old boy could be. Oliver nodded grimly at her comment about perfection. Truthfully, his family was far from it and perhaps that was why he felt the need to always excel. Shoving his hands in his pockets he offered, "Well, I can just leave you alone if you want." He wasn't sure what to do and felt a little guilty even though she was the one who had brought up her brother.

This post has been edited by Oliver Wright: Jul 6 2011, 09:56 AM

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 6 2011, 03:26 PM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia calmed down quickly, her family issues weren't new. She had come to cope with it even if the subject was still touchy. "I'm okay really. So which class are you looking forward the most?" She asked, effectively changing the subject. She stopped pacing and leaning against the wall, cracking a smile at the tapestry scene. Trolls in tutu, who could you not smile at that?

This post has been edited by Celia Kelly: Jul 6 2011, 03:27 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jul 7 2011, 10:20 AM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver smiled at Celia's effort to change the subject. He was glad she didn't want him to go; he was enjoying their conversation, despite their differing opinions. He thought about his classes and was having a little trouble deciding before finally answering with, "I'd have to say Quidditch Skills. I love flying. Do you play or at least follow it?" He knew she had essentially grown up muggle, but he figured she had probably been introduced to it since coming to Hogwarts. He also added, "What about for you?", returning her question.

This post has been edited by Oliver Wright: Jul 7 2011, 10:24 AM

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 7 2011, 10:26 AM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

great maybe a subject they will agree on. "I took the class too." She replied enthusiastically. "I only flew twice but it was awesome, well except for the last landing, knocked me out a bit." She unconsciously flexed her left leg to make sure it worked well again. "So I'll try to play my best but I'm a real beginner."

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jul 7 2011, 10:59 AM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver got very excited when Celia said she was taking the class as well. He was addicted to Quidditch. However, he actually hadn't had anyone with which to discuss it in quite some time. Plus, now maybe he could teach her something. He nodded in agreement of her description of it being awesome. Yeah! I mean, Quidditch can be very dangerous so you're bound to get hurt, but it really is quite fantastic! I only have a Nimbus 2000, but I bought it for myself on my last birthday." he proclaimed then flew into a flurry of questions and comments. "So do you know any teams? I go for Puddlemere. What's your position? I prefer chaser when possible. Have you ever heard of shuntbumps? I haven't played for a few years. Don't you just love being in the air? It feels so free," he said rather quickly, hoping she caught it all.

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 7 2011, 11:59 AM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia's eyes widened a bit at Oliver's rapid talking. His enthusiasm made her smile. "What makes it dangerous is also what makes it awesome. The speed and the aerial acrobatics. I'm saving money to buy my own broom, but for now the school broom are good enough. Nimbus 2000 wasn't that Harry Potter's first broom?".She tried to get all he was saying even with some words were new to her.

She laughed a bit, not from mockery but from amusement. "Wow, easy down, muggleraised remember?" she reminded him gently. "So let's see. I don't know any teams yet. I applied for seeker. I feel like I would be better minding my own business. I don't know if I could be a good chaser, they really need to communicate on the field. Shunt-what? No, what is it? And yeah, I love being in the air. Having only a broom between the sky and you is simply amazing. It's like nothing can't be wrong anymore." She replied."Did I forget something?" she added with a smile.

This post has been edited by Celia Kelly: Jul 7 2011, 12:00 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jul 7 2011, 07:05 PM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver nodded his head excitedly. That's exactly how he felt about it, too! He thought about her question for a moment. "Yeah. I think I read that in a old broomstick catalog once or something," he answered. Oliver hadn't read much about Harry Potter. "It was actually new during that time, though." he replied with a laugh. Oliver knew it wasn't the best broom out there, but he was proud to have paid for it himself.

He smiled sheepishly as he realized that he had gotten carried away. "Oh yeah. I'm sorry. Forgot." He hoped he hadn't offended her, but she didn't seem like it so he responded to her answers. "Well, Puddlemere United is definitely the best team there is. Don't let anyone tell you any different," he said for starters. "Seeker is a good position. They're pretty important. You just have to be pretty agile." He thought for a few moments about how to explain shuntbumps. "It's basically a game where you fly around trying to knock each other off. It's a kids' game really. I used to play all the time but haven't in a while. But yeah. That was it. Sorry again for getting so carried away."

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 7 2011, 07:16 PM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

OOC: sorry, I double posted by error. I'll try to delete this one but it might be impossible.

This post has been edited by Celia Kelly: Jul 7 2011, 07:18 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 7 2011, 07:17 PM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

She laughed when he imposed his team as the best ever. Hearing shuntbumps rules she frowned. " I guess it's a good way to learn how to stay on your broom no matter what. But isn't that a bit violent for kids?"

He apologised several times. "Hey, relax. It's ok to get carried away sometimes." She said to reassure him. He seemed still quite cautious around her. She hoped he would get more relaxed with time and speak freely without worrying so much.

"So what place do you prefer?" She asked.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jul 7 2011, 11:05 PM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

((If you PM Prof. Kane with a link he can take care of it.))

Oliver shrugged his shoulders in response. "I suppose. Depends who you're playing with." He had gotten into some nasty scrapes himself, but it was always brushed off as a 'boys will be boys' type of thing so he never thought anything of it.

As she asked him a question he stared at her with a look of real confusion on his face. "What do you mean by place?" His only guess was that she meant home or Hogwarts, but he couldn't tell.

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 01:18 AM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia imagined two situations: playing that with a group of chosen Slytherins including the Joseph siblings and the Borden twins versus a group of or housemates. She could really see the difference now. She grinned at her own thoughts. "Yeah, I totally see what you mean. And here there is the hospital wing where the healers do amazing stuff so it's safe to play."

He seemed quite confused by her question and she quickly understood why when he asked. "My bad. I meant with position would you fill in the team. Keeper, chaser, seeker or beater?" She rephrased her earlier question. "My French is interfering sometimes. Place is also a French word and it can mean position." Celia explained.

((It's ok, I won't bother him for one little post. He's already busy enough. But thanks, I'll keep it in mind if I really need it another time.

The vocabulary mistake was totally unintentional. It's my first language in RL and it shows sometimes. Goes with my charrie though.))

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 01:07 PM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"Oh, okay. That makes sense," he said. Then waved his hand to express that she shouldn't worry about the mistake. "My parents gave me a French tutor for a little while, but I'm horrible at it." Oliver knew his lack of skill in that area was more so due from anger toward his parents than anything. The tutor was his eighth birthday present. Who does that?

Going back to her previous question, however, he told her, "Definitely chaser. I've played keeper a few times, but I don't like just hanging around you know? As chaser you're constantly moving and constantly thinking. And a good set of chasers get to the point where they can read others' minds. It's amazing. It's like art." Oliver knew he was being a bit cheesy as he explained himself, but it's how he honestly felt.

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Cleopatra von Bast
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 08:32 PM

Ravenclaw Third Year
89 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

IMAGE REMOVED DUE TO CLUB RULES VIOLATION.

This post has been edited by Prof. Adreia Kragen-Byrne: Jul 11 2011, 04:30 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 09:54 PM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia just nodded, he didn't seem to have had a good experience with French.

She completely understood his opinion about chasers. "I see what you mean. It's the same reason I don't want to play it yet. I feel like I'm won't be able to reach that level of understanding with teamates and mess it up."

Just then, a girl came to pin an announcement poster on the wall. "What's that about?" She asked to the girl.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Cleopatra von Bast
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 09:57 PM

Ravenclaw Third Year
89 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"Oh, just an organization that, you know, will take Hogwarts by storm..." Cleo said faintly. "It's a secret society of sorts...if you want to know more, well, you'll just have to speak to me privately..."

Cleo marched off into the distance, and down a dark corridor, disappearing.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jul 9 2011, 09:21 AM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver nodded his head. "Oh it's fine. You have to be playing for a while to get that good. So no one expects it," he told her reassuringly.

Oliver turned as he heard someone nearing them and saw a girl posting an announcement. As she answered Celia's question he rolled his eyes. After she left he said, "Awfully self-important that one."

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 10 2011, 02:33 AM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia looked dumbfounded at the retreating girl. She nodded her agreement at Oliver's comment. "Yep. Secret society that advertise in the corridors. Very subtil." She added shrugging it off.

She was back on the Quidditch topic and had an idea. "We should go for a flight sometime." She said enthusiastically.

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jul 10 2011, 02:35 PM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver simply shook his head at Celia's statement. He was glad she agreed with him; it was just in reference to the contradictory nature of what had just happened.

Turning his attention back to the conversation they were having prior to the odd interruption. He thought about the Puff's suggestion for a few moments before answering, "Yes. We should. What kind of brooms does the school have?" He was a bit annoyed at the thought of having to borrow a surely substandard school broom since first years weren't allowed them. However, it wasn't like his own was all that great anyway. Besides, he figured it would be nice to get in the air again, and perhaps even be able to show off a little.

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 10 2011, 02:47 PM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Celia was glad he liked the idea. She was eager to try her brand new broom. (got it during this RP) Thinking back to her flying lessons she answered. "I had a comet 12 and it was ok, I don't know about the others. Still better than staying on the ground. " She added enthusiastically.

((Should we go from here or start another RP and continue the conversation here?

Could you sign my shipper? The link is under my sig.))

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Jul 10 2011, 02:59 PM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

((I'm okay with whichever. So you can decide. And I'll try to remember to sign your shipper later. I can't seem to find my character images and don't have time to redo any at the moment.))

Oliver laughed and replied, "Definitely true!" He was glad to have found someone with which he could share his passion for flying. Maybe Puffs really weren't so bad after all.

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Celia Kelly
 Posted: Jul 11 2011, 07:49 AM

Hufflepuff Fifth Year
2273 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

((PM sent to see if we can fly outside quidditch practice and specific class
I reckon we could continue our conversation here as long as we have stuff to say))

Celia was intrigued by the flying. She had discovered race broomstick on her first term and was thrilled by the few flight she took. It was at time like this that she was a bit envious off the kids having wizards parents who raised them like wizards.
"When did you learn flying?" She asked.

This post has been edited by Celia Kelly: Jul 11 2011, 07:49 AM

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Alex Valen
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ