View All Announcements

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Dungeons Alcove
Prof. Katerina Petrov
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 10:28 AM

Slytherin Head of House
5788 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

user posted image
This is a small alcove off the main dungeon corridor. There is a door that leads to the potions department, it is kept closed when classes are not in session.

--------------------

Thanks Alex|Seer|Member Since 2007
PMYIM
^
Zelda Fitzgibbons
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 10:44 AM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1207 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Zelda had been wandering the dungeons again. It was dark and cold and perfect for a Fitzgibbons. She had been walking for a while and it seemed a bit desserted. Her legs were getting tired and she was about ready to pass out from exhaustion. Taking a seat on the floor against the wall Zelda stretched out her legs and waited to see if anything was going to happen. She also began thinking about how she hadn't bugged her Aunt Brighid in a while. I should really get onto that again.I'm sure she is bored to tears without me. she thought to herself when in all reality she knew that her aunt absolutely loathed her sarcasm. They were just too much alike to get along.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
All the shinies are done by the awesomeness of Alex Valen...XD
||BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!!!||PROFILE||CALLBOARD||WAND||
Family Needed
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Katerina Petrov
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 10:55 AM

Slytherin Head of House
5788 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

The last lesson of the day had ended earlier and Katerina was walking along the corridor brushing dust off of her robes without looking. She had not expected as many explosions as they had experienced, and the belching caroling cauldron was certainly not one of the expected things. She didn't notice the girl sitting against the wall until she bumped her leg looking down Katerina frowned slightly and asked Zelda, Miss Fitzgibbons, what are you doing down there? She spoke sternly, despite the fact she was one of her more liked students from the Slytherin house. Still no reason she should be sitting on the floor int he middle of the corridor.

--------------------

PMYIM
^
Zelda Fitzgibbons
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 01:06 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1207 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Zelda looked up at Prof. Petrov then down at her legs. Whoopsi. She didn't really expect for anyone to be coming by but at least it was someone she liked, right?

Well, I was wandering around and got tired and then started thinking about new ways to annoy my aunt. How are you? It's been a while since we last met.

Of course Zelda should not have been surprised to see the professor down here...she was a potions professor afterall.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
Family Needed
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Katerina Petrov
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 01:18 PM

Slytherin Head of House
5788 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

She chuckled softly and looked down at Zelda shaking her head, she knew of her aunt from the girl she seemed to like to annoy her a lot. Why do you have such a penchant desire to annoy your aunt Miss Fitzgibbons? She moved over a bit and leaned against the wall with her shoulder crossing her arms and grinning at her. And I am fine lately, it has been a tumultuous term, but it is fast drawing to a close and I have enjoyed it. She shrugged and waited on her answer about her aunt.

--------------------

PMYIM
^
Zelda Fitzgibbons
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 01:32 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1207 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Wow. Zelda had never really thought about it and didn't really know.

We have been doing this to eachother for as long as I can remember. It's a love/hate relationship. You know how those things go.

Zelda was convinced that her family was normal which meant that they were Luke everyone elses family.

Yes. It really is going by fast...not that I mind.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
Family Needed
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Katerina Petrov
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 01:36 PM

Slytherin Head of House
5788 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Katerina shook her head and laughed forgoing formality she slid down the wall and sat next to her with her knees up in front of her rather than sprawled across the corridor like Zelda's. I can understand that I do it Aleksander plenty, but if you don't stop your poor Aunt might go bollocks and blast you. She grinned over at the young girl and pulled a chocolate frog from her robes. Here have a treat. She held the frog out to her waiting for her to accept it she was not a fan of the things but for some reason all of the students were, that and cupcakes.

This post has been edited by Prof. Katerina Petrov: Nov 16 2011, 01:37 PM

--------------------

PMYIM
^
Zelda Fitzgibbons
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 03:52 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1207 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Zelda took the hint from Prof. Petrov and sat Indian style.

She has already tried. It was at the house one time and she didn't realize that I had already learned stupefy seeing as I was only eight. Knocked her off her feet since I got her off guard. Made for a good memory for the rest of the family. Then she decided that torturing me would have to do. She was scared I had learned other spells...which I hadn't yet. Me mums tried teaching me as far back as I could remember.

She was blabbering. Something she did quite well actually. Ooo...chocolate! How could she say no? Katerina obviously hadn't been informed on Zelda's sugar authorized by Penny.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
Family Needed
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Katerina Petrov
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 05:06 PM

Slytherin Head of House
5788 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

She had not heard this particular story of Zelda's aunt before despite meeting her on numerous occasions and her eyebrows nearly flew into her hair. That was a new one, the girls Aunt had hexed her right into the floor, very odd. Well then my family has nothing like that in it. Our childhoods were fairly mundane and normal, mind you we did cause our fair share of trouble but the family never hexed one another. She shook her head for a moment then watched the girl eating the frog. Like sugar I see. She chuckled as she fairly inhaled the chocolate frog.

--------------------

PMYIM
^
Zelda Fitzgibbons
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 09:15 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1207 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Zelda had never realized just how crazy her family really was. She thought they were normal...ish. As crazy as it may sound Zelda wouldn't trade her family for the world. She secretly loved every bit of the psycho craziness.

Eh. I love it though. It keeps life interesting.

Did Zelda like sugar? Heck ya! She has been missing it and was actually getting tired of sneaking it all the time.

Oh I love sugar! Penny actually banned me from eating any because of my sugar highs.

Zelda just realized that maybe she shouldn't have said that last part. She really didn't want another professor banning her from sugar.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
Family Needed
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Katerina Petrov
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 09:18 PM

Slytherin Head of House
5788 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Uh-oh, I did not know that or I would probably have never given it to you. Penny loves sugar she'd never ban it without a very good reason. She grimaced but shrugged it off, the younger girl seemed happier than she had been when Katerina had found her so she was willing to anger Penny and fill her full of chocolate frogs. Pulling three more from her robes she handed them over to her. well what Penny does not know will never hurt her. Your family sounds better than a few I have heard of though so your doing well despite which is wonderful. She smiled at the girl, and at the thought of inflicting a hyper sugared up Slytherin on Penny, the woman was pregnant no telling how far she was going to throw her, it would be interesting to hear of later.

This post has been edited by Prof. Katerina Petrov: Nov 16 2011, 09:22 PM

--------------------

PMYIM
^
Zelda Fitzgibbons
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 10:38 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1207 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Zelda had just taken a bite of the chocolate frog. Yeah. She really should have kept her mouth shut.

Well...I was only 11 at the time...went a little insane. But now I am 13 and a little more sane...ish.

What she did and said next made her smile. She took the chocolate without any hesitation.

I think I like you.

That was of course sarcastic...she always liked Prod. Petrov.

Yeah. They can be pretty cool at times. What is a normal family like?

Even though she told Katerina that one event there was so much she didn't know about her family. Such as discipline, or the whole breakup. Even the fact that her sister Jewel died and she has yet to meet her sister Mia. She really was curious what a normal-ish life would be like.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
Family Needed
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Katerina Petrov
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 10:50 PM

Slytherin Head of House
5788 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Zelda played off the experiences with her family she was a strong child, she reminded her of herself as a youngster and Katerina smiled in memory of some of her antics, she had never tried dueling anyone else, but she had done some pretty bad things. Well I certainly hope you like me I am indulging a prohibited sugar addiction. She rolled her eyes at the young girl and shook her head in mock severity. she felt so old when in reality she was still so young only just turning twenty four soon. It was very odd for her. Zelda's next question made her pause for a moment before replying. Well really there is no definition of normal, each family is unique they all fight a different way show affection in different ways. Live differently, there is no one true way. She didn't know if this answer would satisfy the girl, but it was the only sufficient one she had at this time.

--------------------

PMYIM
^
Zelda Fitzgibbons
 Posted: Nov 17 2011, 09:07 AM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1207 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Zelda chuckled. Yeah. She was liked by most of the Slytherin professors and even a puff one...she questioned that one. But anyway, she got her sugar and was saving it for later in her dorm...wouldn't her roomies be so excited? Ha! Victoria would have fun with this. When Katerina said that there was no such thing as normal she smiled. It made her feel good to know that they weren't like aliens are something.

When are those Hogsmeade visits suppose to be?

Even though those close to Zelda didn't know it, she secretly wanted to visit with her Momma Stell who was now working for the ministry. It had been since winter since she had seen any of her family and last she heard her Momma Rose went a little cookoo and Momma Stell got custody of her youngest sister, Mia.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
Family Needed
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Katerina Petrov
 Posted: Nov 17 2011, 09:41 AM

Slytherin Head of House
5788 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Zelda was obviously overjoyed at the fact that she was nursing her sugar addiction, she shook her head grinning. This girl made her want a sister, she had one however that was another subject entirely one that was more of an annoyance than a joy at finding her unknown sibling. As the conversation turned to the Hogsmeade visits Katerina had to search her brain for a moment to try and think about it. Well I think there is going to be one in December, but really you never know until there is an announcement on it. If your looking for something fun to do, I'm having a party rather than a fifth lesson for my potions class feel free to come and talk to the younger kids about higher levels of classes and such. They might realize I'm not evil after this which is going to make it very hard to scare them next year. She shook her head sadly at the thought people might finally start to see she was an actual person capable of feeling and evolving.

--------------------

PMYIM
^
Zelda Fitzgibbons
 Posted: Nov 17 2011, 01:32 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1207 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Well, a party does sound fun, although I wouldn't really know what to say about classes.

She wasn't about to tell a staff member that she has been falling asleep in classes let alone was late for a few and missed two. Yeah...she was working on that. Katerina really wasn't evil she just wanted students to think that...but Zelda never thought so. Then again she thought Penny was nice. Was that a joke or what? But she still loved her.

I actually wanted to go visit me Momma Stell. She got a job at the ministry and she just took custody of my baby sister. Havent met her yet. She had been in Ireland with my Momma Rose.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
Family Needed
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Katerina Petrov
 Posted: Nov 17 2011, 01:48 PM

Slytherin Head of House
5788 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ah so she had wanted to know about the trip for a specific reason not just as a way to get out of the castle that explained so much more to her. She just nodded as she spoke of the addition to her family and not having met her yet, everyone was getting busy of late and too absorbed to make time of those kinds of things. Well no worries there should be one soon enough and you can meet up with her and meet the child as well. She missed her brother at times but her parents were older and they didn't travel as much and with her and Aleksanders schedules they got little time to leave as well. She sighed and looked over at the younger girl smiling. So since we're on the subject of family who is your favorite person in your family and why? she asked this grinning figuring this was bound to be something hilarious Zelda struck her as the type of kid to like the unusual.

--------------------

PMYIM
^
Zelda Fitzgibbons
 Posted: Nov 17 2011, 02:30 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1207 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Zelda grinned. Her favourite relative? Well, what Laterina was expecting is what Katerina was gonna get. She looked up at her as she said,

My Aunt Brighid. And yes the same one. She is fun to be around. She let's me get away with just about anything. She likes to bring me to parties and she is the only one of my five aunts who never left. What about you?

Talking about herself came natural to Zelda but for some reason it was weird when it was to a professor.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
Family Needed
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Katerina Petrov
 Posted: Nov 17 2011, 03:56 PM

Slytherin Head of House
5788 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

She listened to the girl explain who her favorite relative was one of her numerous Aunts and why, she had guessed it right of Zelda's favorite was the one who let her cause the most trouble and took her to do fun things. Katerina could understand that especially at that young age. When the question got turned on her she grimaced before answering. I would have to say my older brother Alek, he is really the only family I have the opportunity to be close to anymore, but he has also always been there and helped me through some difficult times. My Grandmother used to be my biggest help, and most coveted family member but she passed away three years ago. She sighed and shook her head to try and get the muddy depressing thoughts out of it before going on and changing the subject. Well now onwards, let us skip topics what do you intend to take next year?

--------------------

PMYIM
^
Zelda Fitzgibbons
 Posted: Nov 17 2011, 09:56 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1207 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Zelda listened and completely related to Katerina in the death area with her sister dying. She tried not to think about it but it was times like this that she couldn't help it. She was grateful that she had learned bow to deal with it and she was getting better at hiding her emotions from others. While listening she brought her knees to her chest and rest her head on them looking at her feet.

Classes....good question there. Zelda didn't know what she wanted to do when she graduated so she never thought about what classes she needed to take.

I don't know actually. I know I'll be taking potions, even though I can't stand it my Momma Stell would have the biggest fuss if I didn't. It's just too structured for me. I like DADA. It might not actually be the dark arts but it's the closest I'm gonna get. I also think I'll take transfiguration and COMC. Just absolutely no history that is all I care.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
Family Needed
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Katerina Petrov
 Posted: Nov 17 2011, 10:06 PM

Slytherin Head of House
5788 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Listening to her talk about her plans for this term and the multitude of classes she wanted to take Katerina only nodded and hmmed here or there. She agreed on the no history thing she had absolutely loathed taking muggle history courses and magical ones. They had never been made fun for her and she had always dropped them or slept through them. Needless to say her Quills in those classes had been nonexistent. hmm, which potions class? Because if your starting Basic I daresay take mine I make it...interesting to say the least. I do agree on foregoing the history though it was never my strong suit. I did excel in Divinations, but I had a kind of help in that department so to speak. she did not elaborate on the end and was not going to either. She had enough trouble with her gift without everyone knowing about it.

--------------------

PMYIM
^
Zelda Fitzgibbons
 Posted: Nov 18 2011, 06:01 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1207 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Zelda had never had Katerina as a professor herself they just always bumped into eachother in the halls.

Actually I started taking potions back in my first year. I usually get it right I just don't like it. But hey, if I need help I'll know where to go to. I'm sure you would love a little more work...wouldn't you?

She was, of course, joking.

I took Arithmancy my first year but it wasn't really my thing so I never went any deeper into it.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
Family Needed
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Katerina Petrov
 Posted: Nov 18 2011, 06:07 PM

Slytherin Head of House
5788 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Katerina listened to her once more, she had never like Arithmancy in her time here and Zelda had taken basic potions before she had become the instructor for it so she had never taught the girls. I was not a big fan of Arithmancy either, and I would have loved to have you in my class, but since you've taken it might not really need it again. If you ever want a refresher though feel free to stop by my office or a class. I could always help out. She smiled at her, Zelda had been one of the Slytherins she was most fond of and leaving the house had made her have less time to spend around them, but she was happier now. You might want to take a history course though just in case, because eventually you might need it for OWL's or NEWT's. She cautioned her gently.

--------------------

PMYIM
^
Zelda Fitzgibbons
 Posted: Nov 18 2011, 06:31 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1207 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

It really would have been fun to have had Prof. Petrov as her preofessor but it was too late now. You see that Momma Stell? Zelda could have had an awesome professor if she had waited but nooooooooo...Anyway...Zelda nodded when she offered assistance. Then she brought up history and Zelda grimaced at the mere thought.

Did you really have to remind me I have been avoiding that thought since my first year.

She really hadn't thought of her OWLS since she had been here at Hogwarts.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
Family Needed
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Katerina Petrov
 Posted: Nov 18 2011, 06:34 PM

Slytherin Head of House
5788 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

She just shook her head and laughed at her aggrieved tone when she mentioned the OWL's, Well it is something you need to consider, and you could always take my course as a refresher for them, you would get a second quill silly. History is not that bad you just have to get someone who makes it fun. Have you ever taken it with Professor Blair? She knew from other students that he had one of the most interesting and in depth classes for Muggle History here and that most of the students enjoyed it immensely, so maybe he could help Selda get past her hatred of the subject.

--------------------

PMYIM
^
Zelda Fitzgibbons
 Posted: Nov 18 2011, 06:55 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1207 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

But that would be more work. I really don't need any extra quills though. Me mums chose all my classes my first term and I have currently got like what? Eighteen I think?

She thought about it and started to count on her fingers but totally lost count and finally gave up.

I'll think about.

She added after a slight silence.

I'll wait until I have to before I take history but I guess I will have to. Why can't school be more fun?

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
Family Needed
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Katerina Petrov
 Posted: Nov 18 2011, 07:00 PM

Slytherin Head of House
5788 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Sighing at her question she just shook her head and looked over at her with a sideways glance, picking at a string on the hem of her robes. because school is for imparting knowledge, but we try to make it as fun as possible for you guys. Just some subjects there is not too much you can do with them you know. She also had listened to her plans about putting it off until she had to. If you do that though instead of just getting it over with now your going to just dread taking it the entire time. She didn't know if that even made sense to Zelda, but it did to her the longer you put off something unpleasant the worse it would loom in your mind.

--------------------

PMYIM
^
Zelda Fitzgibbons
 Posted: Nov 18 2011, 07:16 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1207 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Zelda exhaled accepting the fact that Katerina was right. Maybe she would take it next term...maybe...

I know all too well.

She said on the whole fact that some classes there is no hope for. She had taken too many of those herself. She started thinking about her classes from this term and thought of something to ask Katerina.

You wouldn't mind reminding me next term not to take a class just because I like the professor? It's not worth it.

And when Zelda says likes she really means that she likes her. Like more than friends. And she was sure that Penny knew but she never treated her any nicer. You would think that if someone was treating you with such respect and admiration they would be uber super duper nice to you right?

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
Family Needed
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Katerina Petrov
 Posted: Nov 18 2011, 07:21 PM

Slytherin Head of House
5788 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

I know all too well. Her tone seemed so morose as she said this that Katerina leaned over and patted her hand sympathetically. i know some classes seems like too much of a chore to be worth anything, but you have to at least try them you know, or you might miss out on something and never even know it. She paused and Zelda began to speak again, asking her a favor, it seemed simple enough, and nothing that could complicate matters for anyone so Katerina nodded gently and replied. Sure, I have no problem doing that once you choose classes you can stop by my office and run them by me. She smiled at her as she said this hoping she realized her door was always open for the students, even if she came off horrid in class.

--------------------

PMYIM
^
Zelda Fitzgibbons
 Posted: Nov 18 2011, 09:04 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1207 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Zelda looked up at Katerina trying to keep a straight face but couldn't help but smile.

I hope you know that you sound like me mums.

Of course she wasn't calling her old even if that was how she took it, just they kept telling her the exact same thing but Zelda would never listen to them. Katerina on the other hand was a different story. Whether she knew it or not yet, Zelda kinda looked up to her like a big sister so of course that would be who she went to for help and advice...not her mums.

Thanks. I am really hating this Runes class.

And just for the record...Zelda never thought that Katerina came off horrid...but then again she never found Penny to be horrid either...lol

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
Family Needed
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Katerina Petrov
 Posted: Nov 18 2011, 09:14 PM

Slytherin Head of House
5788 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

She just chuckled at the girls remark and shook her head. Well luckily I am no ones mums, I am not even sure if children would work for me in my life. That was all she planned on saying on that subject she might have to discuss it with Nicholas eventually, but then again she could put it off forever if she tried. Sighing she listened to her word on Runes, egh a subject she had never even attempted. I have never in my entire life taken a Runes course, it was never anything that even sounded interesting so I am absolutely no help there. She shrugged inelegantly and gave her an apologetic look.

--------------------

PMYIM
^
Zelda Fitzgibbons
 Posted: Nov 18 2011, 09:41 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1207 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

That's what she says now. Zelda thought to herself. Sure she didn't know if Katerina would change her mind or not but she kinda hoped she would. It would be cool to have a little Kat running around.

If you ever change your mind I wouldn't mind being a nanny or something. You know when I'm allowed.

Zelda loved kids...she hated kiddos like those firsties who thought they were god but actual kids she loved.

Well then you are smart. That class is torture and I regret it more and more every lesson.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
Family Needed
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Katerina Petrov
 Posted: Nov 18 2011, 11:06 PM

Slytherin Head of House
5788 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Zelda spoke of being a nanny with such a fondness in her voice it made Katerina mentally kick herself here she was discussing with a girl who obviously loved children the fact she might not want them. Odd topic with a student either way, but especially more awkward now. I'll keep that in mind. She spoke thoughtfully considering if she ever would want children and where she would want them to go school, it was all too much to consider. Don't give up on it so easy term is almost done just keep in mind it is almost over, right. She gave her a comforting look as she said this.

--------------------

PMYIM
^
Zelda Fitzgibbons
 Posted: Nov 19 2011, 03:44 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1207 POSTS
17 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

She was right and Zelda knew it, although she also knew that it would feel like the term would drag on for forever and a day.

I guess you're right.

Just then she realised what time it actually was. She had promised Victoria that she would meet with her to get their homework done and she was suppose to be there five minutes ago.

I just realised I'm suppose to be doing homework right now. It's due tomorrow.

She said that last part more so to remind herself that she had to get it done.

I guess I will see you around then.

She said as she stood up and left back to the common room.

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
Family Needed
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Prof. Katerina Petrov
 Posted: Nov 19 2011, 04:01 PM

Slytherin Head of House
5788 POSTS
27 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

As Zelda stood Katerina pushed herself up off the floor using the wall for support she felt so old and her legs were cramped from being still so long int he cold of the dungeons. Stretching as the young girl spoke she only nodded and motioned for her to go along. I should have been well on my way as well, we will run into each other again soon. Good evening Zelda. with that she continued on down the corridor where she had been heading originally to take care of some things.

--------------------

PMYIM
^
Klee Gisli
 Posted: Dec 1 2011, 05:16 PM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
823 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

{Lestatia Saphira LeGrande}

Oh the dungeons, a mainstay of Klee's frequent adventures and forays into science. While she had initially wanted to live in the towers with the Ravenclaws, the dungeons offered a more quiet, ominous quality that Klee quite enjoyed. And besides, Ravenclaw house was below her, what with her extraordinary intelligence knowing no bounds and all.

She strolled along, suitcase, as always, in tow, until finding a nice spot where she could carry out her little experiment. Magic, it occurred to her some years back, seemed to act like an electrical current, being that it could be conducted more powerfully through some mediums and less so in others.

Klee laid her suitcase softly on the ground and popped open the locks, removing a small television from within and several rolls of different types of metal wire before separating some copper out and putting the other back in. Then she placed the television on the ground, opened the back of it, and rigged up the copper wire to it. She pulled her wand from the suitcase along with a tape recorder, then aimed the wand at the recorder and whispered "Locomotor." Pressing the on button, she began to speak into it in a mechanical tone. "Trial one-hundred-twelve, copper wire, gauge twenty-two." With another click, she paused the tape recorder and set her wand on the wire leading up to the television. Once more, she intoned, "Locomotor," a dim light shooting from her wand, winding up through the wire, and then retreating into the back of the telly.

This post has been edited by Klee Gisli: Dec 2 2011, 11:18 PM

--------------------
PM
^
Lestatia Saphira LeGrande
 Posted: Dec 1 2011, 08:03 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia wandered down to the dungeons, idly wondering where Ed might be found this time of day. She hadn't seen him in forever, and she missed her friend/partner in crime. She couldn't get in the Hufflepuff common room to see if he was there, because she didn't know the password and stuff. So she had to just look around down in the dungeons.

Just in case she ran into a slytherin, she had neutral robes on so that it wasn't obvious what house she was from, and since she was so small and short, she could easily pass as a first year, unless the person just knew who she was and recognized her and all that. Of course, the last time she did this, she ended up getting in a fight with two slytherin girls and getting detention. But that didn't stop her.

She was looking for Ed because she wanted to employ his pranking aid in her next scheme, and she also thought he might like to join her on her next exploration. So here she was, wandering down the dungeon corridor, and unintentionally came upon an older girl with.. a TV? She stopped and looked curiously at her, puzzled about what she was doing. "Hello... what're you doing?" She asked curiously.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Klee Gisli
 Posted: Dec 2 2011, 11:41 PM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
823 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Klee got down on her knees and was just about to turn the power dial on the telly when she heard footsteps--light and quick, obviously from a younger student weighing in about about ninety pounds and four feet nine inches--coming up from behind. She let out a noiseless sigh and kept her twitchy fingers away from the TV, moving slinkily into a tall sitting position. Before turning around, Klee further observed the sound of footsteps, trying to pin them to somebody she may have already met. No dice. Now she observed the voice--that of a young girl, a first or second year--and decided that she'd never met this person.

At last, she slowly turned her head. Her body moved so mechanically that one could nearly hear the whirring of gears and creaking of metal coming from within her. Klee observed the girl with eerie, silent precision. Her assumption about age had been correct, naturally, as well as height and weight. All mundane things, however. Something intriguing that Klee hadn't seen on anybody but, well, herself, was that this girl was wearing houseless robes. Obviously up to some sort of trickery, as she was hiding her identity. That narrowed her down to either Slytherin or Ravenclaw (Or, if she had been unfortunate like Klee and completely misplaced, Hufflepuff, but there's no significant statistical advantage in accounting for outliers.)

Klee turned her head back to the telly, bouncy brown curls swinging gently into place around the nape of her neck and finally intoned cooly, "I'm afraid that depends entirely on what you are doing."

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 3 2011, 12:33 AM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia watched the girl for a moment as she didn't respond, then she finally turned and spoke. Les thought this girl seemed a little.. strange, if that was the right word. She tipped her head to the side slightly, even more curious now. "It looks like you're trying to set up a TV to watch." She observed, speaking with a slight Southern accent that was common in New Orleans, where she was from. She ignored her comment which seemed to be asking what she was doing. She also ignored the cold tone the girl had spoken to her in. "I've tried that, you know. Those kinds of devices don't work here." She informed her regretfully, not knowing whether the girl would have already tried or not. Seemed to Les that, if she had tried, she would already know that that stuff doesn't work at Hogwarts, so why would she be trying it again?

She bit her lip and thought for a second, wondering if she should just go on, or persist in trying to figure out what the girl was doing. It occurred to her that maybe she was up to no good, in which case Les thought it would be fun to help her, unless she was a slytherin, because if that was the case then she doubted whatever she was doing was anything Les would want to be a part of, and also she didn't know if the girl would want her to help anyway, regardless of what house she was in. She had noticed she had no house ID showing, so she couldn't tell what house she was in. That told her the girl was probably up to something, but what could it be? "Are you setting up a prank of some sort..?" She asked a little hesitantly, yet with a bit of an interested or eager tone. She spoke quietly so as not to attract any attention from professors or prefects, or worse, slytherins.

This post has been edited by Lestatia Saphira LeGrande: Dec 3 2011, 12:33 AM

--------------------
^
Klee Gisli
 Posted: Dec 6 2011, 12:46 AM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
823 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Klee sniffed, her mask of indifference penetrated for a moment as the word, "Prank," dripped venomously from between a scowl that fluttered briefly across her lips. Not that Klee hadn't partaken in her fair share of "pranks," though she'd never refer to them as such. They were experiments, and they were done purely in the name of science. Like killing one of her housemate's kittens during her first year by having it throw off of a cliff. Testing the subjectivity of mammalian emotions on the one hand, exacting revenge on the other.

Her face still turned to the telly, Klee murmured, "American... From Louisiana it sounds like, New Orleans..." Within her mind's eye, one of her two hallucinatory friends began to appear, fuzzy at first like static, gradually clearing up into the form of a woman clad in a black catsuit from the neck down, long black talon-like nails extending from her fingertips covered in the shiny fabric, as if her body and the suit were one in the same.

Klee twitched as the hallucination named Es made its way to the new girl and circled her like prey eyeing a feast. "A Mudblood," Es grinned, sticking out her forked tongue to take in information. "I can smell it on her."

The second figment began to materialize as well, this one appearing in the form of an eleven-year-old girl in a shapeless white dress with thick coke-can glasses. She, Uberich, remained silent, merely observing from the corner. Klee looked up at Uberich for a fleeting second, then back to the telly. "She isn't particularly fascinating," Klee thought, directing the statement to the hallucinations. "Easy prey, perhaps, but no need for all of this. Unless you see something that I don't." Uberich remained silent, and Es continued to leer hungrily at mudblood.

"Hm," Klee finally said aloud. "You know about tellies... Muggleborn, perhaps." Klee turned to the girl once more, this time keeping her eyes steady on her. "And yet so ignorant of the scientific principles of your own kind. Such a pity." She sighed, feigning disappointment, and shook her head softly. "If you were the least bit intelligent, you wouldn't have tried... And failed."

This post has been edited by Klee Gisli: Dec 6 2011, 12:52 AM

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 6 2011, 08:56 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia looked a little puzzled as she watched the girl. She thought she heard the word New Orleans as the girl mumbled to herself, but she wasn't sure. She thought this girl seemed a little off her rocker, but it was hard to determine since she wasn't really talking much. She just sort of kept ignoring her, it seemed.

She couldn't see the imaginary friends, or she would have been pretty surprised or something, and probably would have gotten angry at Es for calling her a mudblood. She thought she saw the older girl glance in the corner briefly, and she too glanced that way but saw nothing of interest.

Les looked back to the older girl when she spoke again, and narrowed her eyes slightly, tensing as she heard her call her a muggleborn. She didn't like to let people know that she was muggleborn, because she didn't want them to make fun of her and call her names. She hadn't known about that whole ordeal last year, so she hadn't been careful enough, and had let some of her enemies find out about it. She regretted that very much, and since then she tried not to tell people unless she felt they were trustworthy enough. Which wasn't a very large group.

She didn't say anything to confirm or deny it, though, because for one she didn't want to deny it because it was a lie, and she didn't really want to confirm it either. Instead she focused on what she said after that. "Hey, I do too know about science, I'm not dumb!" She said angrily, hands balling into fists. She always used to get good grades in her science class in her muggle schools. She didn't know exactly what she was meaning by what she said, but it sounded like she was calling her stupid, especially when she added, 'If you were the least bit intelligent...' She glared at her, really angry now, but tried to stay calm. "I'm not stupid!" She thought furiously. She hated for people to treat her like she was dumb, and especially for them to call her such.

"Sure, and if you weren't totally nuts, you'd know that magic keeps electronics from working at Hogwarts." She retorted, rolling her eyes indifferently, trying not to let it be seen how angry she was. She wanted to yell at her to take back what she'd said, but she was determined not to let her temper take over. She wasn't even positive what she was saying that she'd tried and failed at, but she thought it was probably the electronics thing, and it made her really mad. But that was just a fact, electronics don't work at Hogwarts. The magic stuff interferes with it, she'd found out.

--------------------
^
Klee Gisli
 Posted: Dec 7 2011, 12:59 AM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
823 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Oh yes, Klee was getting a rise out of the girl. Es grinned, positively delighted, and shot a knowing glance back to Klee, who took her eyes off of the girl for a moment to acknowledge Es's "presence". "So eager to claim that you do, in fact, understand science. I'd say," Klee commented wryly, small rays of pride shining through even though her expression and voice remained flat, "that just about up and proves that you are, indeed, muggleborn. Wonderful job, you un-enigmatic fool." Klee paused to inhale deeply, her eyes fluttering shut for just a bit longer than a standard blink before continuing, "For a Ravenclaw, you're terribly, terribly dull--" Based, again, on the fact that she defended muggle science so much, Klee deduced with strong enough certainty that the girl was, indeed, a 'Claw. "--Not that I'm surprised. Your house is much less intelligent as a collective than it ought to be."

Klee turned back to the telly but carried on, "You're a disgrace to your kind. Where is your muggle ingenuity?" She began to lean forward, arching her spine in a cat-like manner, and turned the on dial for the television. It began to make a crackling noise, and within twenty seconds the screen went from pure blackness to static representing the telly's inability to pick up channels. But, regardless, the device was still on and working. "Letting a pureblood outwit you, using your own simple scientific principles. Pathetic."

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 7 2011, 03:20 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Fury bubbling up inside, Lestatia inhaled slowly and deeply to try and suppress it. She hated for people to insult her, and practically everyone word out of this girl's mouth had been just that. She wanted to bash the girl's face into the wall, or into the screen of her TV, but she knew better than to attack her, the girl was much older and probably knew lots of nifty little spells to retaliate with. 'Stop and think.. stop and think...calm down.' She reminded herself. Victory, not revenge.' She reminded herself. Her temper was usually what got her into trouble, and she had to try and be more calm in her dealings with people. Last time she was down here she got in a fight and had to serve detention, even though it wasn't even her that started it and she was only defending herself.

She folded her arms and watched her turn on the TV. "No channels, huh?" She commented sarcastically. "And here I half expected, since you're clearly such a genious with science and muggle inventions, that you'd have a Dish setup going on. I thought we could watch a few shows together." She added, her voice drippingi n sarcasm. She could get her CD player to turn on too, but that didn't make it play CD's. It could get power, but then it just went nuts and couldn't read the CD. Same with her DVD player, much to her disappointment.

She wasn't too sure how she had come to the conclusion that Les was in Ravenclaw, since she'd never seen this girl before now. She didn't know what house this girl was from, but she talked and acted more like a Slytherin, and she was down here in the dungeons where the snakes had their nest, so to speak, and it would seem logical to deduce that she was a slytherin. But Les wasn't going to jump to conclusions, because she might be wrong. And it didn't really matter to her what house she was in.

She raised an eyebrow at the comment that she'd just proved she was a muggleborn. "Oh, and you're not the one sitting here with a muggle TV?" She asked smart aleckly. What a hypocrite, she thought. And what did she know about Ravenclaws' intelligence level? Sure there were a few idiots that somehow got in there, she'd met them too, but that didn't make all of them stupid. She felt a strong twinge of irritation when she called her a disgrace to her kind, and had to pause for a second. "In case you hadn't noticed," She said, leaning against a nearby wall with her arms still folded, "Muggles aren't allowed at Hogwarts. Which obviously means that I couldn't be a muggle." She pointed out, rolling her eyes. Muggle ingenuity, really? And she certainly had not been outwitted, she had just lost her temper briefly. "Just because someone knows about science doesn't mean anything, you know. Did it ever occur to you that I might be halfblood?" She asked, half smirking. "And I never said I was in Ravenclaw, what makes you think that, anyway?"

--------------------
^
Klee Gisli
 Posted: Dec 7 2011, 03:57 PM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
823 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Klee grinned for a moment and began rummaging around within her suitcase with one hand, raising her tape-recorder to her lips with the other. She turned it on nonchalantly and it began to whir. "Test one fails," she said methodically, and then turned the recorder back off. Eyes trailing back to the other girl, Klee noted in a nearly excited fashion, "Patience is a virtue, my dear. Science is all about trial and error. And in any case, turning the device on is quite a different matter from causing it to receive broadcast signals. The tuner is functional, but the waves simply can't be reached here, or at least not for now."

At last, Klee produced a game console from her suitcase and rigged it up with more copper wire to the telly. As her slender fingers worked the wire about, eyes intent on the devices, Klee began to dryly respond to the girl's feeble protests. "If you were a halfblood, you were a wearing that silly smirk on your face while you suggested the idea. And the fact that you've become so clearly embroiled by my choice jabs at your intelligence and house prove with high probability that you are a Ravenclaw. It was all quite easy, really."

Klee's fingers stopped moving about for a moment and once more her forearm was buried within the suitcase until she pulled out a felt pack filled with neatly filed disks. She plucked one out and popped it into the game console. The disk within began to spin, and the console made some sputtering noises. Klee ran her finger over the dial to change the channel on the telly and twisted it, each channel revealing nothing more than unintelligible white noise and static... until she reached channel three. Then the screen went crisp with colors and shapes and a cute little stylized cartoon person walking along twirling and umbrella, a rather pleasant tune beginning to stream from the television's speakers. "I don't suppose you've ever played Animal Crossing?" Klee chimed. She picked up the tape-recorder once more and said, "Test two proves successful."

This post has been edited by Klee Gisli: Dec 7 2011, 03:58 PM

--------------------
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 7 2011, 04:47 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

This girl was really getting on Lestatia's nerves. She scoffed a little. "Life is all about trial and error, silly." She replied, rolling her eyes. One of her favorite quotes from her favorite book series, played in her mind. "Don't be a pawn in someone else's game. Find the attitude which gives you the maximum strength and the maximum dignity, no matter what else is going on." She nodded imperceptibly to herself, then thought of another. "Don't let the old story repeat itselt now. Arm yourself with all that's happened." She tried to do just that, though it was kind of hard sometimes.

She also recalled Des telling her to ignore people when they did or said things to get her annoyed. It was easier said than done, but she decided she might as well give it a try, maybe this time it would actually work, instead of what usually happened at the muggle schools she'd attended.. She didn't even try to retaliate, since it was rather pointless. She wasn't going to try to come up with a convincing argument to support that she was something she's not. She just hated to have to admit that this annoying girl was actually right in her guessing.

As she watched the girl speak into a recorder to say that test one was a fail, she recalled Prof. Dash telling her not so long ago about failures and how it was good to learn from them and stuff. "Easy, was it?" She said quietly to herself. "Anyone will get offended if you insult their intelligence, you realize? Regardless of what house they're in." She rolled her eyes, wondering what was wrong with this girl. Then she wondered how she got the tape recorder to work here.

While she was thinking on that, she observed the screen go to what looked like a cartoon, as opposed to the previous static. "Animal crossing?" She repeated, raising an eyebrow. "No, I spend my time reading, generally. Either that or playing Oblivion."[color=blue] As far as she knew, the next game in the Eldar Scrolls hadn't come out yet, or at least hadn't when she headed off to Hogwarts. She thought it might be out now, but she hadn't heard if it had. Maybe her dad would get it for her for Christmas. How awesome would that be... [color=blue]"Maybe you should try getting an X-box 360 set up, cause that would be awesome." She smirked slightly in amusement.

--------------------
^
Anya Katherine Montgomery
 Posted: Dec 16 2011, 05:31 PM

Slytherin Fourth Year
913 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

((new rp))

Anya had freaking lost her snake. How did that even happen? Like, actually? Gah. She was feeling quire upset over it, because Lamia was one of her only friends. Anya had a really difficult time getting along with people most of the time, but she felt like she could talk to Lamia about everything. Yes, Anya knew most people, but she just had trouble befriending people and stuff.

Anyway. She was stalking around the dungeon, making hissing noises. NO, she was NOT a parselmouth, but she knew it made Lamia feel like she had a connection to Anya from it. She sighed, frustrated that Lamia still wasn't showing up. "Bad snake," she whispered under her breath.

--------------------
user posted image
~lamia~ ~frog card by ann/caro~ ^ Mommy is the bomb diggety.
user posted image
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Tamiko Després
 Posted: Dec 17 2011, 04:57 PM

Unsorted Member
214 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jaiden was on his way back to the common room after wandering the school some more. He wanted to learn most of the locations so that by next term, he'd almost seem like a pro. He wanted to also learn all he could about the wizard life so that he didn't seem like a complete idiot. He noticed a girl wandering around, and rose a brow. "Are you looking for something?" He asked, hearing the hissing sounds she was making.

--------------------
user posted image
set by lily potter
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 18 2011, 03:29 PM

Slytherin Fourth Year
913 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Anya scowled more, as there was no sign of her snakey. Where the heck had Lamia gotten to? And how? She'd been sitting on Anya's pillow in her dorm, sleeping, and Anya had been writing a holiday card to Daniel. Grr. She was really not pleased.

Anya heard a voice and looked up, seeing that it was a kiddo, younger than her. Must be a firstie. She smirked, then nodded. "Mmmmhmm. My snake." she replied to him. "Seen her? Her name's Lamia and she's green."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMWebsiteYIM
^
Tamiko Després
 Posted: Dec 19 2011, 11:19 AM

Unsorted Member
214 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

She lost... her snake? Well that wasn't as bad as the boy who was looking or spiderwebs awhile back. He shook his head, kind of feeling bad he couldn't help. She didn't appear too much older than him either. "No I haven't seen her.." He stated,

--------------------
user posted image
set by lily potter
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 21 2011, 02:48 PM

Slytherin Fourth Year
913 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Anya frowned, disappointed. Shoot, this kid didn't know where Lamia was, either. Anya sighed heavily, then sized him up. "You a Slytherin?" she asked him. He was down in the dungeon, so she guessed probably he was, but if he wasn't then she'd help him find a way out. Or not. Probably she'd help him get lost and then sneak off and find her triplet sister and then they'd pull a prank on him or something. If he wasn't a Slytherin.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PMWebsiteYIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ