View All Announcements

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Study Table
Sawyer Tam
 Posted: Jun 7 2011, 10:01 AM

Alumni
1124 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

user posted image

Slytherins do study like the rest of the school. So, don't be shocked when you see this table tucked in a corner.

This post has been edited by Sawyer Tam: Jun 7 2011, 10:03 AM

--------------------
user posted image
by the sadist
PMEmail
^
Odessa Aberswyth
 Posted: Jul 5 2011, 06:21 PM

Slytherin Third Year
442 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Odessa sat tucked away next to the study table, watching the rest of the lounge fill up slowly. This was fast becoming one of her favorite rooms in the entire castle and she'd often like to bring friends up to show them that it even existed. She'd only happened upon it at random on one of her tours through the castle.

At the moment she had a small leather journal in her hands that had various doodles on her, her phoenix feather quill tucked behind her ear. She was trying to ponder a way to break into the Gryffindor common room so she could steal one of the portraits and take it back to the Slytherin common room as a prize. It wasn't going to be easy, but she was also sure that it would finally get her some respect from the upper year Slytherins that she was looking for.

--------------------
user posted image
Shipper / Callboard / Profile / Family Tree | Signature by Vera Kwon
Want to Play Gobstones? Click here and PM me! (trying to start a Gobstones League)
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image Huzzah to the last 11 years...
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
Mesira Athlyn Ridell
 Posted: Jul 5 2011, 06:26 PM

Detention
1755 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mesira was trying to find a place to study now that classes had started back up, and was finding it difficult to even attempt writing an essay in her dorm room. Honestly, they needed a desk or something in there. Slipping into the Slytherin lounge she took a seat on one of the couches and was about to go into her bag when she noticed a fellow, slightly younger Sly.

"...Hello." She wondered what on earth the girl was doing there, she didn't seem in the middle of homework but definitely in the middle of deep thought. "Working on something difficult?"

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Odessa Aberswyth
 Posted: Jul 5 2011, 06:31 PM

Slytherin Third Year
442 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Odessa looked up at the sound of the girl's voice. She didn't appear familiar, and she also didn't look too significantly older than Odessa. Still, to be on the safe side Odessa was on her guard. Her hands fished for her quill and pulled it out from behind her ear and smiled a little at the new girl, "Yeah, you could say that. Er, I'm Odessa Aberswyth, by the way. First year." She extended her hand as was custom to do in her house, or so she'd figured after living there for the past few days. There was light green ink smudged on a few of her fingers, but at least she didn't have a feather sticking out of her head anymore. "You're not," she added, "erm... here with anyone else are you." This could be yet another set up and she didn't much feel like being pranked at the moment.

--------------------
user posted image
Want to Play Gobstones? Click here and PM me! (trying to start a Gobstones League)
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image Huzzah to the last 11 years...
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
Mesira Athlyn Ridell
 Posted: Jul 5 2011, 06:36 PM

Detention
1755 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"Mesira Ridell, at your service." Mesira softly shook the girls extended hand and leaned back in her chair. "Second year extraordinaire." Okay so perhaps that tidbit wasn't entirely true as she had done anything more extraordinary than win a duel against a Puff under Duel Club guidelines, still she was a second year.

A smirk spread across Mesira face, "You may be a younger student but even I wouldn't disgrace the name of Slytherin by bullying one of my own...Unless it came about that you deserved it of course." She leaned back in her chair and tilted her head in interest. "So what are you working on?" Darn curiosity.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Odessa Aberswyth
 Posted: Jul 5 2011, 06:44 PM

Slytherin Third Year
442 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Odessa considered sharing her plans for a second, trying to decide if it was the right time in her plan to be talking with someone else. At the same time though, she really could use the help of another student. She shrugged and laid her journal flat on the desk, flipping back a few pages. The two pages she opened to were a crude drawing of the school, with special detail given to the towers. "I'm trying to find a way into the Gryffindor common room so I can steal a portrait and take it down to the Slytherin common room. As a trophy of sorts. Now I've narrowed down the location of the common room to here," she pointed to a circle drawn around the midsection of the Astronomy Tower, "Here,", she pointed at a circle drawn around the midsection of the North Tower, "Or here," the final circle was drawn around the sixth floor corridor.

She chewed the tip of her quill a little, a bit of green ink smudging on her lip, "You wouldn't happen to know where it is, would you?".

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
Mesira Athlyn Ridell
 Posted: Jul 5 2011, 06:49 PM

Detention
1755 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mesira smirked again, "The Gryffindor common room is located behind the Fat Lady portrait in the Fat Lady Corridor. I'm also friends with a Gryffindor, though he's pretty smart I don't think he'd give up the password just like that."

Yes Mesira had thought about this escapade too. Ever since she had become friends with young Vyvyan after running into him in the Fat Lady's corridor. The only flaw was not knowing the password and knowing that Vy wouldn't give it to her. "Maybe getting the information out of a young naive Gryffindork would be the best." Mesira shrugged thinking aloud.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Odessa Aberswyth
 Posted: Jul 5 2011, 06:58 PM

Slytherin Third Year
442 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Odessa slouched a little sadly, scratching out her circles and putting a new green one over the Fat Lady corridor. Of course! How could she have overlooked the overwhelming evidence! Alas. But she did have a few ideas of ways to get the information out of a Gryffindor student to get in.

"Well, I think the issue is that you're thinking about a Gryffindor simply giving us the password. What we really need to do is think up creative ways to force them into giving us the password. Now before you think I'm suggesting anything Unforgivable, I'm not. What I'm saying is there are... ways of blackmailing or generally forcing a student into giving us what we need." She got a tiny glint in her eye, excited about what this would mean for her very meager reputation.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
Mesira Athlyn Ridell
 Posted: Jul 5 2011, 07:06 PM

Detention
1755 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mesira smirked. "What did you think I'd go up to some Gryffindor first year and bat my puppy dog eyes? Not happening." Mesira thought for a moment, she and Elia had two younger students wrapped around their fingers, one Claw and one Puff. "Perhaps if my sister were here I could think of better ways to get the information...but all I can think of is simply finding a lone Gryffindor, double teaming them, possibly removing their wand from thier person and some means of torture until they tell us." That was a mouthful. Not a terrible wonderful plan either, but it was something.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Odessa Aberswyth
 Posted: Jul 5 2011, 07:14 PM

Slytherin Third Year
442 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Odessa shifted a bit in her seat, uncomfortable with the idea of taking anyone by force. She was all of 100 pounds at this point and her arms where made of bone and chocolate pudding. She could take down an armed student as quickly as she could mount a twenty foot wall. "Well, if that was the case I might not be too much help as far as force is concerned. However, I do have a large supply of concealment detonators an a few skeeving snackboxes we could force feed them if they refuse to talk. I'm much more of a... tech person at the moment. What with not being able to use my wand in the hallways." Odessa was sure that her wand was actually bugged and that if she so much as sneezed on it the headmaster would know immediately.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
Mesira Athlyn Ridell
 Posted: Jul 5 2011, 07:19 PM

Detention
1755 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mesira smiled, "This is why you ask the help of elder students. You may find them a bit intimidating but they'll nearly always enjoy messing with Gryffindorks. It's in our pure wizard blood isn't it?" Plus she knew Elia was great at spells. "Usually my sister Elia is the brawn, as she's well adept at spells, and I'm the brains as I'm rather manipulative." Mesira smirked. It does well to team up with someone that strengthens ones weaknesses.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Odessa Aberswyth
 Posted: Jul 5 2011, 07:33 PM

Slytherin Third Year
442 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Odessa was intrigued. There seemed to be some sort of a network almost, a seedy underbelly of the school. It was like in the movies! Oh this was exciting. "You think? Well I think what's important is that we try and figure out which Gryffindor would be the best target. I don't know too many yet, really. Although there's this little kid, Sam, who's in a few of my classes. I don't think he'd be hard to take out." She started scribbling a few notes down on a piece of parchment next to the journal. Get more snackboxes. Find wimpy dorks. This plan was taking a bit more planning than she'd originally... planned for. Clearly she needed a second brain in the operation.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
Mesira Athlyn Ridell
 Posted: Jul 5 2011, 07:45 PM

Detention
1755 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mesira nodded. "If slyness is what we're going after here than we'd need to manipulate the scenario in our favor, by any means necessary." She looked at the table in front of her, "We'd even have to go as far as getting inside their heads, what they like to do for fun...where can we catch them off guard, at their weakest point? Manipulate them into submission peacefully and rip the information out like a rotting tooth." Obviously deep in thought she didn't particularly realize she had spoken all of that aloud.

"From what I can tell they are certainly brave." she scoffed, "Bloody twits....but also have a love for pranks. If we could ease this Sam you were speaking of into causing some mischief with us and then give him the snack boxes disguised as regular candy when he's been lulled into a false sense of security perhaps we can take him not only by surprise but retrieve the information we need too." Mesira pondered if that would truly work. It seemed the easiest, as she had no idea how to do many second year spells as term just started, to simply confuse the poor Gryffindor and bend him to their will by being what they were, deceiving little snakes.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Odessa Aberswyth
 Posted: Jul 6 2011, 05:54 PM

Slytherin Third Year
442 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Odessa listened to what Mesira was saying intently, unsure of whether or not they'd be able to pull this off. "No... I think we need to simplify things. The most beautiful plan is always the simplest plan. No here," She pulled out another page of her journal that had notes on Sam scribbled in more green ink, blots all over the page showing that clearly Odessa wasn't used to writing so quickly with a quill,

"Sam McKinley, first year Gryffindor, not more than 4'6" tall, maybe 110 pounds. He's in Magical Camping 101. Now what I think should happen is," she pulled out another map, one of the grounds she'd drawn up after exploring and getting lost over the past few days, "After class... erm... I'm in the class," she continued to look down, afraid of how Mesira would feel about this, "one day I would ask him to meet me at the wooden bridge over the creek to help me with things in class. All innocent like. You and anyone you'd like to bring to help would be hiding under the bridge. Now, we'd get on the bridge and I'd talk with him for a little bit, just to lure him into a false sense of security. I'd offer him a drink, it's been a long day, it's hot outside, we've just spent a significant amount of time outside in the heat. The lemonade would be spiked with a tiny bit of a weak truth serum. Nothing too strong as to be against the rules, but enough to get him in a bit of an, open mood.

"Then, I'd stomp on the bridge three times. You guys would, I'm hoping for two of you, would each run and block one side of the bridge. Keep him cornered, you know. But you wouldn't show any force, just stand at either end of the bridge in case he makes a run for it. I'd ask him all sweet like to give me the password. I feel like his feeling comfortable with me, mixed with his being a bit blocked on the bridge, mixed with the truth serum would all lead to him absentmindedly leaking the password to us.

"What I need from you, then, is someone else to help out. Your sister sounds like a great candidate. And I'd also need us to find someone who knows how to brew a truth serum."
She sat back, a bit proud of her plan.

This post has been edited by Odessa Aberswyth: Jul 6 2011, 05:55 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIM
^
Lana Freiddman
 Posted: Aug 8 2011, 12:43 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
477 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lana awkwardly stepped into the room, and gulped. She had been wandering around aimlessly, and had somehow ended up here. Why here, of all places? The Slytherin lounge? She would probably exit the room bruised and bloody. Lana sighed. She might as well have a death wish or something.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Bright
user posted image
PM
^
Natalia Yaxley
 Posted: Aug 8 2011, 12:52 PM

Slytherin Fifth Year
100 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Nat wanted to take pictures with her new CAMERAso she decided to start in the towers- and what better a place for slys than the Slytherin tower! Unfortunately when she got there she found a rather small gryff. Ew. "What do you need in the SLY Tower dork" she said quietly walking up behind her.
PMEmail
^
Lana Freiddman
 Posted: Aug 8 2011, 01:04 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
477 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lanas eyes grew wide. Oh, shoot. She didn't dare turn around. She feared that if she did, the girl would kill her. "I-I-I d-d-don't know-w." She trembled, and walked forward a little bit.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Bright
user posted image
PM
^
Natalia Yaxley
 Posted: Aug 8 2011, 01:21 PM

Slytherin Fifth Year
100 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"I don't know. Really? Your here for a reason and you will tell me what the reason is" she smirked at the stupid girl "Don't walk away from me brat" she commanded "Turn around and look at me! You have respect issues!" she thought for a moment. "Your my slave now get it? Good." she smiled t herself. Her first slave... Wow this is a happy moment....
PMEmail
^
Lana Freiddman
 Posted: Aug 8 2011, 01:28 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
477 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lana turned around as slowly as she could. She sighed, and looked up. The girl had light blonde hair and blue eyes. To simply put it, she was gorgeous. But somewhere in those eyes, was evil. Lana's mouth fell open as the slytherin uttered those words. My. Slave. She wanted to fall over laughing, but she realized it wasn't a good idea. She couldn't be serious. I mean, Lana saw other slytherins have "slaves", but they were suckers and followed their "masters" around everywhere. Lana was NOT like that.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Bright
user posted image
PM
^
Natalia Yaxley
 Posted: Aug 8 2011, 01:31 PM

Slytherin Fifth Year
100 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"Reply to me you cocky fool" She commanded with great force "Yes you can sto staring at my beautiful face for 2 seconds to tell me why your here." Oh Salzar PLEASE save me from these people!
PMEmail
^
Lana Freiddman
 Posted: Aug 8 2011, 02:29 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
477 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Cocky? her calling Lana cocky? She was the cocky one! "I-I was exploring." Was all she could say. "Please don't hurt me!" She squeaked. Lana had learned over the past year that ,that helped a little bit. She felt in her robe pocket for her wand, but nothing was there. Shoot! She had left it in her dorms. She really was screwed.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Bright
user posted image
PM
^
Natalia Yaxley
 Posted: Aug 10 2011, 02:17 PM

Slytherin Fifth Year
100 POSTS
15 YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"So you explore in the Sly tower? Nice job kid...." she smirked again and laughed "Your really pitiful. You need to be more- Oh you just can't help gryffs..." she said in a fake sad voice
PMEmail
^
Lana Freiddman
 Posted: Aug 14 2011, 02:01 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
477 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lana was getting pissed. Really pissed. This girl thought that she was so much better than Gryffindors. She thought she was better than everyone, for that matter. She sighed, and tried to stay calm. "Yeah. I like to explore a lot." She simply said. That would probably tick her off.

This post has been edited by Lana Freiddman: Aug 14 2011, 02:01 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Bright
user posted image
PM
^
Mesira Athlyn Ridell
 Posted: Sep 18 2011, 04:20 PM

Detention
1755 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

(new RP)

Mesira trotted into the Slytherin lounge and made her way to the study table. Other than her dorm and the common room, there was really no other place to study in the castle, there just always seemed to be something going on no matter where she went. And with one of her enemies in her dorm room and the common room being continuously filled to the brim with chatty first years she found her peace slipping and needed to find a new place to rest. She'd be damned if she'd loose her grades due to a little noise.

She had just come from the owlerly she recalled as she brushed a random owl feather from her clean robes. She had to invest in an owl or something, using the school ones was getting confusing and there were some that bite, the cut on her finger evidence of that. She wrapped her slightly bleeding finger in a little bandage and waited for the girl she was supposed to meet.

Her bag by her feet she flipped open one of her books and began jotting down a few interesting notes for her class as she waited for the young Slytherin mentee.

((TAG:Máiréad Roarke))

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Máiréad Roarke
 Posted: Sep 18 2011, 09:27 PM

Unsorted Member
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mái made her way to the Slytherin Lounge, the note from her mentor clutched in her hand as if it was her pass to get into the room. She had never ventured into this room and found it rather pleasant. She just may have found a new place to scribe in her journal! She placed the note back into a particular page in said journal before hugging it to her chest as she walked over to where she spotted her Mentor, Mesira.

"It's good to see you, Mesira! I'm glad that I was able to get you as a mentor. It makes me feel more comfortable that its someone I've met previously than a stranger. Though, even if it was a stranger I suppose that would be the point of these things! To get to know more slytherins, hrm?"

She smiled over to her them sat across from her, placing her journal into her pocket of her robes. She tilts her head over to the notes shes writing only for a moment before her gaze travels back up to Mesira.

"Melora didn't really tell me much about how the mentoring thing was supposed to go. She did say it helped her and everything though! So, where do you think we should begin?"

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Me!
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Mesira Athlyn Ridell
 Posted: Sep 18 2011, 09:40 PM

Detention
1755 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mesira yawned as her mentee entered the room, she knew it was a bit nerve wreaking to be in this kind of situation but Máiréad knew Mesira from Melora. Mesira fought back a soft laugh as Máiréad began talking to her, it seemed like she was a little nervous, and judging by the way she had entered clutching what Mez presumed was her letter. Mesira smiled and set down her quill, "It's good to see you too Máiréad! And yes, it's always good to have Slytherin company."

She laced her fingers together and thought for a moment, "Well I guess if you have any questions about anything we could start there?" She smiled softly, hoping she was intimidating the girl at all, that was the farthest thing she wanted to do.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Máiréad Roarke
 Posted: Sep 18 2011, 09:57 PM

Unsorted Member
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mái pouted a little as she thought of anything to ask. She had a million things going on in her mind at once, it seemed like. She paused a moment to gather her thoughts, not wanting to ramble to her mentor. She looked down at her pocket which contained her journal. Without some book or other to write it, it seemed like Mái was lost. She reached into her pocket and took out the black leather bound journal and opened it, looking over to Mesira, seeming more collected now that it was in her hands.

"I suppose the types of questions I have are more about life here than anything else. Its such an interesting place, though I'm still getting lost."

She flips through her journal and pauses at some of her musings, wondering if she should ask about things that she's observed here. She stops at a passage and nods then looks back up to Mesira.

"There's been a lot of chaos and mischief around the school. Is that how it always is? I don't see how anyone could get -any- type of studying or work done in such an environment. I guess its something one has to become accustomed to?"

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Me!
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Mesira Athlyn Ridell
 Posted: Sep 18 2011, 10:12 PM

Detention
1755 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mesira watched as Máiréad began thinking. it was always interesting, seeing the younger students worry about this and that when it was really too simple for words. She grinned, "I had trouble navigating everything as well. I still get lost sometimes." she chuckled.

Mesira waited for her to speak again and when she did a smile crossed her face, the chaos that was Hogwarts. Yes Hogwarts was always chaotic but that was part of it's charm. "Hogwarts is always full of surprises, it takes a lot to get used to the chaos and mischief here but once you do get used to it it gets easier to study. If you're looking for a good place to study I suggest a hidden part of the library or perhaps the common room."

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Máiréad Roarke
 Posted: Sep 18 2011, 10:23 PM

Unsorted Member
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mái nodded, smiling to the older student. She seemed to relax more as she listened to Mesira talk to her. Perhaps this wouldn't be so bad after all!

"Mmhmm! I have yet to explore the library to its fullest yet but I certainly will be now."

She looked back down her her journal and flipped a few more pages.

"What sort of things did you go over with Mel? She never gave me any particulars about your mentoring, though I suppose this sort of thing is at the discretion of mentor and pupil, on what can be divulged. If you don't want to tell me thats alright! I can understand. I just felt that Melora may have already asked things that may be helpful and I wouldn't want to be redundant and ask the same things she would! Or just anything that you think would be helpful for our first meeting. This sort of thing is very new to me."

She adjusted herself in her chair to sit up straighter, making sure that Mes knew that she was willing to learn and pay attention to whatever it is that she instructed.

This post has been edited by Máiréad Roarke: Sep 18 2011, 10:23 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Me!
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Mesira Athlyn Ridell
 Posted: Sep 18 2011, 10:30 PM

Detention
1755 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mesira nodded, "I visited the library a lot during my first year, it was practically a second home." she grinned, she had a lot of fond memories in the library.

"Melora wanted to know more about me. She wanted more of a friend than a mentor. In her case I'm both. We shared things about ourselves and told stories." Mesira shrugged, "It's all up to the mentee really." she smiled softly.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Máiréad Roarke
 Posted: Sep 18 2011, 10:55 PM

Unsorted Member
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mái tilted her head thoughtfully. She did like the sound of that. Having an older student as a friend would not only gain her more recognition but she would also have a new trustworthy friend. She had already met so many new awesome people, but they were mostly all in her year. If she was friends with Mes then perhaps other upper classmen would become her friend as well! Mái closed her journal and smiled to Mes.

"That does sound like a good idea. Well, I do have to own that I have been told I am a rather boring person. All I have really ever done is read, write, and study what little divining I can, since I'm very much in love with the subject. Melora can even tell you that even when we were younger I've been that way."

Mái frowned a bit as she recalled a bit of her childhood, with Melora being the catalyst for most of everything that Mái did when she was little. Also, how she was practically dragged around everywhere by Mel to do what she wanted, even if Mái didn't want to.

"I've...never really done much on my own besides those things. Even doing this Mentor activity with you was suggested to me by Melora. I do hope that by being in Slytherin and...perhaps with your help...I'll start doing more on my own."

She seemed rather abashed to admitting what she just did. It just kinda spilled out after Mes said something about getting to know each other. Wasn't this the basis of trust after all? How could Mái learn from her without that? She glanced up to Mes as if wondering how she would respond to such a declaration, a bit of the nerves that she had before coming back.

((OOC: A bit of a long post, but I have to head out now, I have a class too early in the morning to stay up too much longer. I'll post back again in the morning! Thank you for tonight's RP!))

This post has been edited by Máiréad Roarke: Sep 18 2011, 10:57 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Me!
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Mesira Athlyn Ridell
 Posted: Sep 18 2011, 11:07 PM

Detention
1755 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mesira smiled, "I beg to differ. Of course I always like to differ." she chuckled softly. "I'm in love with potion making, I find it's a bit of a boring topic for everyone else but I can't seem to get enough of it." She lifted up the book she had set in front of her, 'moste potente potions' was written on the front. "I've practically memorized the thing, as well as my other potions books."

She set the book down with a smile, " The best way to break out of your shell is to venture out of your comfort zone." she leaned forward and smirked, "Had it not been for my sister Elia, I wouldn't have found myself at all. Perhaps Melora is a good person to have at your side as a friend."

((Not a problem, I'll respond as soon as I get on tomorrow))

This post has been edited by Mesira Athlyn Ridell: Sep 18 2011, 11:07 PM

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Máiréad Roarke
 Posted: Sep 19 2011, 09:20 AM

Unsorted Member
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mái refrained from clapping her hands in delight as Mes spoke about her love of potions.

"My father made Potions his life's work! He worked in experimental potions and improving others and the like. I never fully understood what he did, but all I know is that he always had such a happy look on his face when he spoke of his research!"

She frowns a second tilting her head.

"But potions can be extremely dangerous too. Thats part of the reason I was sort of frightened of Potions for a while. You see, Father died in an accident when one of his assistants were negligent in an experiment and when Father went back to go check on the work...Well they wouldn't tell Mother exactly what happened. I knew Father wasn't coming home before they even informed us. I just remember coughing like there was alot of smoke around even though there wasn't and then I just started crying cause I felt sad all of a sudden. I went to my Mother and told her that Father wasn't coming back after that because I just knew it. She scolded me for such words. She didn't even apologize when they were proven true."

She shakes her head then brightens.

"Even though I know things like that can happen, Potions is still a very intriguing subject! I'm glad that I know someone now who is very proficient in the subject! I want to be careful in it and do well, so that I won't disappoint Father."

Mái nodded sagely, as if she knew it would be a fact that he would be, even though she knew she would never get to see such disappointment ever again.

This post has been edited by Máiréad Roarke: Sep 19 2011, 09:24 AM

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Me!
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Mesira Athlyn Ridell
 Posted: Sep 21 2011, 05:34 PM

Detention
1755 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mesira listened intently as Mai talked about her father, her face took on a soft, understanding look as she spoke up. "My mother was the potions maker in my family...they both died when I was young. I'm lucky to know that they shared a love of music and were intrigued by dark things..." She smiled, "I figure so long as I graduate from Slytherin that they'll be proud of me...Heck, they're probably proud of me now."

She leaned forward in her chair and asked curiously, "What other subjects are you interested in? I know Melora is interested in Flying and Quidditch, other than literature, what do you like?" Mesira was always interested in hearing other people's favorite subjects, even if they didn't like the same thing they shared a love and passion for the subject of their choice and in the end she felt closer to her friends because of that.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Máiréad Roarke
 Posted: Sep 21 2011, 08:55 PM

Unsorted Member
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mái looked up, thinking about it. She had mainly thought about divination as her main love, yet there was of course, others that had caught her attention. She leaned forward a bit as well, her hand constantly resting on her journal.

"Well, not much really! Mel's always been the sporty one. I'm more of the stay in your room and read a book or do a tarot reading or something like that. Magical wise though I've been highly anticipating getting to learn more charms dealing with the mind. Such as Legilimens and other mind spells. I think its fascinating, being able to look and see and -know- what goes on in someone elses mind. Or to make them forget."

She tilts her head looking over to Mes.

"And I'm pretty sure that your parents are quite proud of you. I mean who wouldn't since you're in the best house here and you're striving for your dream in Potions. Any parent would be proud of that!"

...Except for mine...

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Me!
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Mesira Athlyn Ridell
 Posted: Sep 21 2011, 09:41 PM

Detention
1755 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mesira smiled, had the fact that her attempts at divination been utter failures she had really liked the idea of fortune telling. "Maybe you could give me a reading sometime? I've always had a side interest in divinations but I could never get too far into the classes." it seemed her teacher always forgot about the class or something...which lead to an elder student take on the role as teacher...which obviously didn't end well.

Mesira grinned, "Thanks, I kind of figured that they'd be proud....I guess it'd make sense, but one never knows." A smirk spread across her lips, "I've decided I'm going to honor my parents wishes...my adoptive parents simply aren't on the same wave length as mine would be."

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Máiréad Roarke
 Posted: Sep 22 2011, 03:10 PM

Unsorted Member
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mái claps her hands happily. No one has ever asked her for a reading! Not even Melora! She excitedly reached into her bag and got out her tarot cards. She's never acted so much like a child before, and it only happens when she gets into what shes talking about, especially Divination. But, she is only 11 after all.

((What Mái's cards look like))

"I could give you a reading now if you like! Just tell me what you would like to ask the cards and I can see how the cards interpret it! I'm just a novice in this, but soon I hope I get better at it!"

She practically hops in her chair, her bright blue eyes looking over to Mes anxiously.

This post has been edited by Máiréad Roarke: Sep 22 2011, 03:39 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Me!
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Mesira Athlyn Ridell
 Posted: Sep 22 2011, 03:25 PM

Detention
1755 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mesira grinned, she kind of figured that Mai might have had her cards with her. Much like Mesira nearly always carried a potions book with her. It was just the fascination of the subject that made her, and she believe Mai also had this fascination with Divination, do such a silly little thing. Mesira looked the cards over and wondered what she should ask.

"I'd like to ask what my future career will be." Mesira smiled, she wagered it had something to do with potions, a love like that simply wouldn't die by fifth year, but she had always been drawn to the dark side and the constant question of 'what if' ran through her mind daily.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Máiréad Roarke
 Posted: Sep 22 2011, 09:49 PM

Unsorted Member
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

((Prepare for a long post! I'm going to get all 7 cards out then we can discuss them))

"I can't really tell you -what- it will be but I can tell you how successful you will be in it. I haven't learned the part of Divination that would tell me -what- yet"

Mái grinned and tilts her head then she separates the cards into the Major and Minor Arcana, picking up only the Majors. Once she set the others to the side she started to shuffle the cards, a look of complete concentration in her eyes. She seemed to be muttering something under her breath as she shuffes, her fingers moving the cards quickly. She had spent hours shuffling cards, and in fact if she has cards in her hands when shes anxious, she automatically shuffles. She repeats Mes' question as she shuffles for a little bit more then suddenly stops and places the cards face down in a hexagon shape, in a specific order, with one card in the center, making the total 7 cards. She set the rest of the cards on the side deck, and smiles up to Mes.

"This set only uses the Major Arcana cards, which are the ones Zero through Twenty One. These are ones like The Fool, the Lovers, and such. There are others that I use alot, like the Celtic Cross, which uses the full deck. But I'm trying to broaden my understanding in different types of ways to read the cards. Now! I'm going to turn over the cards one by one so I can explain them better."

She inhales slowly then turns over the first card, which is located at the top point of the hexagon. The card was The Fool, inverted. She looked confused a moment before speaking.

"This is the card of the past. In knowing the event that happened before or the thought that was sealed in the past, solves a mystery of the problem or question that you have now. The Fool inverted is kinda weird in this situation. This can symbolize irrational thought or not being realistic to the problem or question. Hrm..."

She turned over the next card, which was located in a diagonal direction to where the Past Card was. This card turned out to be The High Priestess, not inverted. She beamed at this card and nodded her approval.

"This is a really good card! This is the card of the Present and focuses on whats happening now. The High Priestess means that your heart is filled with wisdom and knowledge and serenity. Basically, what I can say about this is that you have a deep inner awareness, and you know what you want."

She seemed rather confident after turning out such a good card! She turned over the next card, which was across from the Present card. The way that she was flipping them seems like the pattern of a Triangle. This card that she just turned over was The World, inverted. Mái tilts her head as she mulls over some things in her head.

"This is the Future Card. It can suggest what kind of future awaits. The World inverted can symbolize in this position that you must take action or whatever your goal or problem is will stagnate. But I know that you totally won't just give up on your career."

She nods decidedly as she turns over the next card, which is located at the bottom most point on the hexagon, the beginning of the second Triangle. This card is Death Inverted. She grinned happily and taps this card with her pointer finger.

"Oh this is cool! This card is the Environment card! This is an expression of the world around you, be it a friend or family, or just something surrounding you. Death inverted means a new cycle and an opportunity for a fresh start. Something that was lost before will blossom again. There is opportunities, and don't be afraid to be yourself."

Mes' has been getting good cards! Grinning from ear to ear, a sight that few have seen, Mái turns the next card. This card was placed in a left diagonal direction from the bottom one. The Hermit Inverted was shown on the card before Mái.

"This card is in the position of your unconscious. Yet, the Hermit Inverted makes me stop and think. Its a card of isolation or that you've kinda separated yourself from people. Or that you find that you feel yourself inferior, which I can understand that. Plus, this may also be a card of secrets. And in this position it may be that you have one and it weighs heavily on you."

Mái shrugged after she gave her explanation of this card. It was an awkward card in an awkward place, but she wasn't about to question it. She reached over to the card placed across from the last one and flipped it over. This was shown to be Strength, not inverted.

"I like this one! This position is the Solution one. This card is supposed to show the direction you must take, your first priority, or what you must avoid to achieve what you want. Strength, in this place, could symbolize achievement and perseverance. It can mean that you trust in your ability and you know what needs to be done that will lead to success. This is a good card to have in this place.

Mái squealed softly as she looked at the last card, which was dead center of the hexagon. The last one! She reached out and flipped it over revealing The Empress, not inverted. Mái gave a bemused look tilting her head before speaking.

"This is the Conclusion card. This is what ties in all of the other cards. But the Empress in this position means contentment and desire for a bright future, feeling more emotion and passion for life that you thought before. Also, it can mean happiness in love and a desire for marriage and family as well. A richness in feminine charm, if you will. And not only rich in charm, but it can mean wealth too!

Mái sighed at the end of the explanation of the cards and looks over to Mes, awaiting her response to everything said.

This post has been edited by Máiréad Roarke: Sep 22 2011, 09:56 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Me!
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Mesira Athlyn Ridell
 Posted: Sep 22 2011, 11:31 PM

Detention
1755 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

((holy canoli!! haha =] ))

Mesira continually leaned back in her chair as she listened to Mai talk. It was like the reading actually knew all about her, her irrationality of the past, her confidence in her wisdom of the present, her future card...that was the card that troubled her. Mai knew about her love of potions but her love of the dark arts? If she were to just pursue a simply career of Potions Master would she ever get to enjoy being her true self? Or would she have to hide it away and, like Mai said, allow it to stagnate?

Then a shiver shot down her spine as Mai continued. the first card, Death. She had recently found out that she had an uncle, though she didn't know what might have happened to him he was certainly lost and found. Mesira gulped and continued to listen, eager to hear the rest of the reading. A sudden realization of herself washed over her as Mai talked about the hermit card, She had drawn in on herself over the past year, ever since Konrad had disappeared, she had also been acting out, feeling inferior to her classmates that went on to become Prefects and even jumped grades!

The solution card...Strength. Her new found strength in her Slytherin roots had given her ambition and passion she hadn't known she possessed. Only recently had she managed to bring together her Slytherin roots and take hold of what she wanted from her classes and life. With these ambitions she knew she could take on the world if need be.

And finally the conclusion card, her bright future she had always dreamed about. Her loving family, good paying job and happiness. That was what kept her going toward her goals, the thought of it sent another shiver up Mesira's spine. She was a little less than speechless when she muttered, "Whoa." Shaking her head, as if trying to rid her face of the utter shock the cards had given her, she grinned in awe of the girl before her. "That...That was spot on Mai!" It certainly answered her questions...even if it raised a few more.

((wow! and since I relate to my character in more ways than one I am totally shocked by how accurate this was to me! =] Awesome job Mai!))

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Máiréad Roarke
 Posted: Sep 23 2011, 12:23 AM

Unsorted Member
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mái ((and her Writer))grinned excitedly! She was so glad that her Tarot Reading was accurate to Mes, for she knew that sometimes the cards could give random readings. She had felt at one with these cards though, since these were given to her by her great grandmother. She picked them all up again and began shuffling the whole deck once more.

"I'm glad! Tarot is the only Divination that I've practiced and had experience with before coming here. I had to hide it from my mother, since she never agreed with the Practice that my great grandmother tried to teach me before she passed away. Mother was furious when I told her that I would be studying it this year, but I don't mind. Its something I love and I'm not giving it up!"

She made a little defiant nod at the end of her statement, still shuffling the cards, as per her habit. She would have to scribe this success in her journal later!

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Me!
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Mesira Athlyn Ridell
 Posted: Sep 23 2011, 09:28 AM

Detention
1755 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Mesira grinned, "Good for you! Perhaps one day you'll be a divinations expert and be telling fortunes all over Europe!" Mesira's intrigue of the divination arts sparked again in herself, such an amazing spot on reading, she wondered if maybe one day she could do such a thing as well. "Your great Grandmother taught you this?"

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Máiréad Roarke
 Posted: Sep 23 2011, 11:22 AM

Unsorted Member
767 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"Oh yes! She passed away when I was 6 but she was able to teach me the basics, instill the love I have for it that I have, and give me my deck. I've had to hide them from Mother all these years, but its been worth it. The meanings and such I've had to learn on my own in secret."

She was happy to know that Mes was taking an interest in the subject! Perhaps, they would be able to share each others knowledge of their subjects together and learn more from each other as their friendship grew.

This post has been edited by Máiréad Roarke: Sep 23 2011, 01:29 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Set by Me!
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Mesira Athlyn Ridell
 Posted: Oct 5 2011, 08:05 PM

Detention
1755 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

(Since I've kind of forgotten about this what say we wrap it up? I think we've done well mentor to mentee)

Mesira smiled and nodded, she wished that she had a mentor of magical arts, unfortunately her adopted mother and father simply weren't interested too much in their magical side. "Well other than having to keep it a secret I'm glad you were able to find something you love so much." she was about to continue talking when she leaned forward a bit too much and her ink bottle toppled over onto her notes and into her lap. "Bloody Hell!"

The few tissues she had in her bag were nothing for the mess and with a defeated sigh she apologized, "Sorry Mai, it looks like I've got to go clean up before dinner. I'll see you there alright?" Mesira gathered her things and wiped the remainder of emerald green ink from the table and waved a very green hand to the younger Sly as she exited the room.

((END RP))

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Jack Van Gogh
 Posted: Nov 14 2011, 12:44 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1151 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Jack had tons of Runes homework to do. She didn't know what she was thinking when she signed up for two Runes classes in one term. She sighed and pulled a chair out away from the study table and plopped down. She put her bag on the table and pulled out her textbooks, parchment and quill. She spread her things out, getting ready to work, chewing the nip of her quill.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Lilauser posted image // Vince Goyle Fan Club
user posted image
PM
^
Isobelle Sophie Bettleton
 Posted: Nov 14 2011, 01:17 PM

Slytherin Second Year
98 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Isobelle went into the study area - fashion magazine under her arm and had expected to be alone.

She was wrong.

She saw her old Mentor sitting on a chair - obviously studying. She smiled as she realised Jack hadn't seen or heard her yet, so she sneaked in on Jack and looked over her shoulder to find that she was studying runes.

She must have stood there for a minute, and she decided to break the silence:

"Having trouble with your gaumr? That means attention."

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Natalia Yaxley
PM
^
Jack Van Gogh
 Posted: Nov 15 2011, 09:56 AM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1151 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Jack looked up and saw her mentee standing there and smirked a bit. She only vaguely understood the question the girl asked but she got the jist of the query. She raised a brow and sighed. "No, not trouble. Just signed up for two runes classes and have sort of overloaded myself with homework. Oh well. I will cope. How are things going for you?"

She put her quill down and leaned back in her seat, playing with the tips of her hair. She hadn't been at the homework thing long but already she needed a break. She couldn't wait until the term was over... But then she would have OWLs to deal with, wouldn't she? She sighed again.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 04:08 AM

Slytherin Second Year
98 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

"Grams was stupid enough to teach me a bit of runes," she smirked. "She's Danish, so it's a part of her history."

She removed the Rune books from the table and jumped onto it with a smile as she crossed her legs and opened up her fashion magazine.

"Things are going good with me, gracias. But with only one class to attend, I do get bored. You know the feeling?" she asked.

Isobelle could talk for hours if allowed to, and as she flickered through the magazine, she read aloud:

"Bettleton Designs to launch new branch in Hogsmeade. I wonder why maman never said that to me before. What do your parents do?"

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Natalia Yaxley
PM
^
Jack Van Gogh
 Posted: Nov 22 2011, 08:50 AM

Slytherin Sixth Year
1151 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

She nodded a bit, she too had come late to her first term and had been bored while waiting for classes. "Well, enjoy it while it lasts. It can get a bit hectic. I am taking OWLs next term, that should be tons of fun. Not." She rolled her eyes a bit and looked down at her text.

"Runes are interesting anyways, but I really doubt they are going to help me become a Dragonkeeper." She shrugged a bit and looked at the girl. "Any idea what you want to when you finish school?"

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted: Nov 22 2011, 03:48 PM

Slytherin Second Year
98 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Isobelle gave a hollow laugh.

"I'll probably go into design, like maman," she said with a shrug. "I've always had a talent to know what people want."

She pulled up a big piece of fabric and started sowing on it. It was to be a skirt.

"Tell me about you ... you're very difficult to figure out."

--------------------
user posted image
Made by Natalia Yaxley
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ