View All Announcements

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Bench Along The Wall
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Nov 15 2011, 11:40 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas instinctively reached with his hand where the girl had shown him, and then grinned when he saw the traces of green on his finger tip. "Sure, just the right shade of green for house pride." He was not so sure if this was a good idea. Probably he would only look like a typical Ravenclaw nerd who spent to much time in the library. Actually, the most interesting would be the reaction of the other students if he was running around with a green spot on his cheek. He wondered if it was worth trying.

Nicolas still wondered if he knew the girl from somewhere. "I'm not sure, but my mind is working the whole time. Where did we meet before? Is it possible we have any classes together? To be honest, I don't even know your name. I'm Nicolas!" After spending over two years now studying at Hogwarts, Nicolas had lost most of his accent and his English had become very fluent, but still the melody of his talk was a little softer, giving him away not to be a native speaker. But sometimes this made it easier to get into conversation, and Nicolas was of the social sort of Slytherins.

This post has been edited by Nicolas Vinci: Nov 15 2011, 11:41 AM

--------------------
user posted image

Le soleil se lève! This gorgeous sig was created by Bianca Blakely
{profile}{callboard-shipper}
PMEmail
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Nov 15 2011, 03:05 PM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Sophie stared at him quizically for a moment trying to decide if she had seen him before. He did seem vaguely familar, and she realized he was about her age. Then it hit her. "Oh you're right! We have Charms together. With Lexa. I keep to myself mostly in that class. I'm horrible at Charms," she said with a sheepish grin. For whatever reason when it came to other sorts of spellwork she was fine, but she always seemed to struggle with the ones they did in Charms. It was a miracle she had received any sort of quills in the subject.

Then she realized that once again she got distracted from introducing herself. "I'm Sophie by the way. It's nice to meet you, Nicolas." She noted his different sort of accent and asked, "Where are you from? If you don't mind." She was very much interested in accents, and it was great being surrounded by so many around this place. She herself had an odd hybrid Canadian-American accent with a little French twist thrown in on some words. It was probably quite confusing to pin down, but she blamed her parents.

This post has been edited by Sophie Nightshade: Nov 15 2011, 06:34 PM

--------------------
user posted image

Thanks to Nearra Morgan for the set and Melora MacKenna for the ability banner!
PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 09:38 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Charms with Lexa Azalea - oh yes, no wonder he didn't remember so well. This was the class Nico had moreless given up, and he tried to wipe this disharingsaster from his mind. No wonder he had problems to remember. What a good coincidence Sophie was as hopeless as him in Charms. He also kept a very low profile in this class. "Yes, after you mentioned, I start to remember. I must admit, this Charms is not really my cup of tea either." There were so many other fascinating subjects, so he didn't have to excel in everything.

((OOC: I was just too busy in RL, so I kicked off half of Nico's classes, charms being one of them. ))

"Nice to meet you, Sophie, and have a chat outside class." Sophie also had some odd sound in her talk half strange half familiar, so Nicolas guessed she also wasn't from England. "I'm from Nice, France," he answered to Sophie's question, "Quite near from the Beauxbatons Academy. But maybe my blood was not French enough to get there..." he smirked "I have also Italian and German roots. What about you? You are not from England or Scotland, are you?" He couldn't at all figure out the odd note in her talk, like it was a cute mixture of many different 'spices'.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Nov 16 2011, 11:56 AM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

((That makes sense because I hadn't noticed him around. Haha.))

Sophie was glad that she found someone else who lacked the vigor for Charms. It seemed like everyone else had the hang of it. "Well, I'd say that's good to hear, but it's not exactly the most positive thing," she noted with a laugh.

Moving on to her question about Nicolas' origins, Sophie was glad he hadn't found it impolite. Sometimes people were sensitive about this topic. She had a knack for picking up French tonalities and was pleased to find her assumption was correct despite his mostly assimilated pattern of speech. She had never actually been to France, but she had heard of Beauxbatons from Hogwarts, A History even prior to the festivities that had occurred over the summer. She wasn't fluent enough to ever attend, though, even if she had wanted to.

She shook her head as he asked about being from the nearby area. "Nope. I come from far, far away," she answered jokingly. She smiled before continuing. "I'm a lovely combination of French-Canadian and American. Dual citizenship. I guess I'm not American enough to have gone to Salem," Sophie told him, playing on his previous statement about the French school. "Who would have thought a Puff and a Sly would have things in common," she added sarcastically. She really wasn't one for inter-house competition.

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Nov 17 2011, 09:57 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"Oh sure, I should have recognized your French-Canadian dialect, but I dare the American note was overlying too strongly." After Sophie told him, Nico could not understand why he hadn't got the clue himself. "Did you life in Canada or the US? Unfortunately I've never been across the pond, but I definitely have to when I'm adult. Would you have preferred to visit Salem?"

Nicolas laughed on Sophie's comment "You think our houses are so different? I'd rather say - " he confirmed with a quick gaze no other students were around "- the four houses are like siblings, always competing and looking on their differences. But seen from outside they are so similar, and the differences aren't that grave at all. Probably a descendant of a long all slytherin family dynasty would see this differently, but my family has been visiting different schools and different houses, so this gives many more colours and aspects to my point of view." The expression lovely combination made Nicolas smile. In fact Hogwarts was the best place ever for 'lovely combinations' like him and this girl, Sophie. They really had something in common. With a gesture to the free half of the bench Nicolas invited her "Come have a seat. You weren't really in a hurry, were you?" Chatting was much more fun than studying.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Nov 18 2011, 07:30 AM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Sophie nodded her head. She had been living in the latter for quite some time so it was bound to dominate. "I live in the States now, but I lived in Montréal until I was five," she explained. Thus, being in American public schools really made her French fall by the wayside. It was fortunate that her dad sometimes spoke it at home, and she was exposed to it from visits with the grandparents. As for the question about Salem, Sophie said, "Not particularly. They wrote to me but so had Hogwarts randomly enough. I thought Scotland sounded more interesting than Massachusetts." She was incredibly glad for that decision. She loved it here.

This was mainly because of the wonderful people here, and it was clear that Nicolas was a good example of this by what he said next. Sophie broke in a large smile as he referred to the house issues as mere sibling rivalry. It made so much sense! "I'm happy you say that. Honestly I don't put much stock at all in all the stereotypes and whatnot. It's silly really." Although, she did know that some people definitely did fall into the traditional categories.

When Nicolas asked her to join him on the bench, she shortened the small amount of distance between the two of them and sat down. As she set her bag on the ground, she said, "No, not really. I have some free time." She thought it a good thing now that her ink well had shattered. Otherwise, this encounter might never had happened. "So what were you reading there?" she asked curiously. Sophie found it interesting to see what people were learning whether it be class related or not.

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Nov 21 2011, 10:13 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Usually Nicolas wouldn't have expected a Hufflepuff girl to follow his invitation to join him on the bench. Many folks were still caught in the stereotype all Slytherins were deatheaters. Sophie also didn't seem to be superficial at all. Yes, sure, every house had some students really representing the traditional house traits, but students were individuals, no clones.

Sophie sat down on the bench and asked about the book Nicolas was reading. "It's Herbology." Nicolas showed the cover of the book which was one of the fundamental textbooks used in the Herbology classes. "Herbology is so much reading and learning names and properties by heart. If you want to be good you could spend hours a day just reading again and again."
((OOC: Nico's writer knows from RL studies http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/3.gif ))
"Initially I expected herbology to be dryish and boring, but it's actually the opposite. And I think you'd never really understand Potions without a good education in Herbology. I mean, not just following brewing recipes but when you have the idea to improve potions or develop new ones, you have to know what you are doing." Nicolas was so eager, he didn't at all want to sound consequential. With a bashful smile he retarded himself "Oh, sorry... do you like Potions at all? What are your favourite classes?"

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Nov 22 2011, 07:03 AM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

((Haha. Do we have a stereotype of being artificial?))

Sophie listened intently as Nicolas described Herbology. She hadn't taken any courses in the subject as of yet, which was interesting if you thought about it since it was what Puffs were known for. She could understand the rereading to the point of exhaustion, however. She learned best that way. Upon the mention of Potions, she realized that was again another class she hadn't taken. She mentally admonished herself for not being more well-rounded in her studies.

Sophie smiled at Nico's obvious embarrassment at his tangent on his coursework. "Oh no worries at all!" she told him with a laugh. "I get teased for how much I study." She hoped to reassure him. When he asked about Potions she shrugged and said, "I haven't taken any Potions classes at all actually. You make it sound very interesting so I might just have to do that. She had to think for a moment about what her favorite classes were. "I can't say all?" she asked with a small laugh. "Hmm. Well. I like Arithmancy and Runes the most. DADA can be pretty fun depending on the professor," she told him finally.

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Nov 30 2011, 08:32 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

QUOTE (Sophie Nightshade @ Nov 22 2011, 02:03 PM)
((Haha. Do we have a stereotype of being artificial?))

(( Sure, Disney http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/3.gif ))

"Arithmancy and Runes" Nicolas repeated with a slight astonishment and even respect. Both classes hadn't been his cup of tea at all. "I can imagine DADA can be fun with a good professor, but Arithmancy and Runes have been even more dryish to me than History. - What makes them interesting for you?" he asked interested. May be he had the chance to find a better approach to these classes.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Dec 1 2011, 07:41 AM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Sophie smirked knowingly as Nicolas described the classes as dry. She had definitely heard that before, and his subsequent question didn't surprise her either. Most people were often confused by her choice and either asked a similar question or simply dismissed it as boring and called her odd. She didn't mind much, though. She still loved them.

"Well, I'm Muggleborn, and when I first came here I was so afraid of being behind since I didn't grow up in a magical family. There was so much I didn't know, and it was difficult. So I guess initially I thought 'oh here's something I don't have to use a wand in, and I'll have a standing chance at doing well,'" she explained. Sophie paused before continuing. "However, as the classes went on, I realized that even though there isn't wandwork, they're both still pretty magical. With Runes, there's a process for doing what we call pulls, and everything has a reasoning behind it. In Arithmancy, we calculate various numbers, but it all boils down to these sort of divine properties we each have in our names. It's like even though you don't use magic per se I feel the magic in here," she told him pointing to her heart, "when I'm doing it."

Sophie then began to blush a little. She hadn't really ever told anyone the special connection she felt with her favorite subjects, and saying it aloud made her feel somewhat silly. "Sorry for going on and on there." Hopefully, he could at least partially understand what she was trying to say.

This post has been edited by Sophie Nightshade: Dec 1 2011, 10:56 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Dec 6 2011, 08:43 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas almost bit on his tongue when Sophie told about her feelings and about she was Muggleborn. Could he really tell her his experiences were so much similar after he also grew up living a Muggle boy's life? Oh, nononon, what if she told to his housemates? Too dangerous for him. But on the other hand Sophie took the risk to tell him she was a Muggleborn. Hmmmm... Nico's teeth released his tongue again and he started to tell how he felt. "Sophie, I'm not from a 'typical' wizard family either. When I came here I felt exactly the same. But I must admit, I felt myself totally helpless for example in Runes. It probably was just the inside magic, as you said, which was still so strange for me. I didn't know much about the wizarding world, before I got my letter. It was in my potions class, where I actually got the clue that my mother is brewing magical potions. I'm not so really good at wandworks, and divinations is way too inexact to me. So may be that's why I was disappointed about arithmancy. It felt like reducing exact mathematics to vague guesses."

(( Ohoh, Nico, ask your Dad, Quantum Mechanics does much the same, and it was difficult for many people to understand that "God dices!" ))

Nico paused for a moment, then he said something which made him astonished himself "May be I still have to learn to feel magic inside me, like you do... to set free my magic feelings and stop trying to handle it with my mind." A bit terrified about this insight Nico paused, his mouth still not having closed completely, and he gazed at Sophie with wide eyes.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Dec 7 2011, 07:43 AM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Sophie was interested to hear Nicolas say that he hadn't grown up in a traditional magical family. She tried not to fall into stereotypes, but after all she had read and heard she felt that most people weren't ready to claim any nonmagical blood, especially someone from Slytherin. Here was yet another reason why one shouldn't assume. She nodded her head as he explained his experiences with classes.

She watched him as he continued. He seemed hesitant and spoke carefully. She thought for a moment about what he said. "I think...well...I think that's the best way to control magic honestly. Part of it is in your head. That's why we're in school, why we're learning. In the end though, I think you just have to be confident and just feel inside what you can do," she said with a shrug. That was how she understood it and had learned to accept herself. Sure, she had doubts, but she didn't let them take over.

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Dec 9 2011, 08:27 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

There was a slight taste of danger on Nico's lips to reveal so much about himself. But on the other hand it was good to talk with someone about these experiences, which would be impossible among his Slytherin house mates. Sophie made a very good statement: you just have to be confident and just feel inside what you can do. Nico nodded. "Yes, the magic feels inside. You feel you can make things happen. But you have to use your head to control it, which is exactly what we are learning here at school."

"To me runes was very interesting at the beginning. It was like muggle art or literature, fascinating to learn what incredible ideas can hide behind those works. So is also the runes class - all the magic background and power hidden in the old runes and writings. But when we then had to find those hidden magic by ourselves I more and more got a notion of arbitrariness, which made me feeling somewhat helpless. May be I just had needed some help to get over this point."

With an asking gaze Nicolas asked Sophie "Say, do you trust in divination? I mean, to make a decision, would you lean on what arithmancy number would tell you about it. Or if you meet a person - like for example me http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/3.gif - can you always trust in what arithmancy or divination tells you about this person?"

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Dec 10 2011, 09:13 AM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Sophie smiled as Nicolas seemed to understand what she was telling him about feeling magic, and her slight embarrassment at having revealed something so personal had faded away. She listened intently as he further described his difficulties with her favorite subjects. His next question caught her a little off guard because she wasn't so sure how to answer. "Well, divination by itself is not something I'm too familiar with, but paired with how arithmancy I would so I don't entirely trust it. There are some things my numbers revealed that I don't agree with or I know doesn't apply. It doesn't work completely, but I think it can give clues," Sophie explained then paused for a moment. She started to run the numbers in her head for Nicolas then asked, "What's your full name?" She figured she could figure out his personal number at the very least then she could see if she thought it fit him from their brief encounter.

This post has been edited by Sophie Nightshade: Dec 10 2011, 09:15 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Dec 14 2011, 07:01 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas nodded slowly "Yes, it can give a clue. But as for me, I didn't trust it any further, and probably I was a bit disappointed after I had expected much more." When Sophie asked for his full name, Nicolas imediately knew this was for calculating his numbers. And to be honest, he had already forgotten what numbers he got. He raised his eyebrows and replied "Nicolas Merlin Vinci" Then he could figuratively see the numbers running behind Sophie's forehead - waiting silently not to interrupt her calculation. His gaze wandered over Sophie's face and found her eyes... brown eyes... He was lost in them for a tiny moment.

This post has been edited by Nicolas Vinci: Dec 14 2011, 07:06 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Dec 21 2011, 12:06 AM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Sophie nodded. She knew a bit about being disappointed by faulty expectations. Sometimes it was good; sometimes it was bad. C'est la vie. Sophie smirked as Nicolas gave his full name. "Merlin?" she asked with a grin. Wizards were so interesting. Then she began to run over the numbers in her head. She had every letter set in her own name so it was pretty easy to calculate. She looked back at Nicolas and found him staring at her oddly. Sophie was thrown off a little. "You…um...your...uh...character number is three," she told him with a quirked brow. "Which if I remember correctly means your energetic, perhaps a bit artistic, and easy going." She was a five so she wasn't entirely informed on all of the traits. "Does that sound accurate at all?"

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Dec 22 2011, 08:54 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nico's throat felt dry when he heard the results Sophie got for his name analysis. Energetic, artistic and easy going - this was really magic, exactly what the people used to talk about him. "Y-yes" he stammered a bit, but quickly caught back his control. Was he that easy to see through? "That's probably quite similar to how most people would describe me. Pretty good. -- What would it tell about you?" he asked with a curious smile. That girl turned out to be interesting - what would she tell about herself?

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Dec 22 2011, 09:50 AM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Sophie watched as Nicolas' face turned to surprise as she described his character number. She was hoping it wasn't completely off though she'd bet that if she knew the whole profile something was sure to be amiss. Oh well. She returned his smile as he asked what her number meant. "Well I'm a five which essentially says I'm pretty awesome," Sophie told him with a laugh. "Just kidding. Fives are adventurous, energetic risk-takers. We're known to enjoy travel and have a reputation for being somewhat impatient." There were a few other traits she didn't exactly agree with so she didn't mention them.

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Jan 3 2012, 10:24 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas winked with his eye when Sophie joked being a five ment she was awesome. Why not, most Hogwarts students were awesome. "Sounds good!" he replied with a grin, Would you subscribe to be characterized as adventurous, energetic, risk taking, enjoying traveling, being impatient - and of course awesome? Sounds quite like you were an interesting person." Hmmm, probably this were the traits she was agreeing with. But weren't there some few more traits Sophie didn't mention. Nico wasn't sure, he had forgotten too much about arithmancy.

Leading over to a new topic Nico suddenly asked "And what about other classes. Which classes for example you plan to take in the coming term?" Who ever knew if they would even share some classes - or if there came up something totally new - intriguing - whatever. Nicolas himself had enrolled for COMC101B, POTI301, HERB410, CHAR401 and DADA101. But however, this was not all - unfortunately not all fields of magic were taught at Hogwarts...

This post has been edited by Nicolas Vinci: Jan 4 2012, 09:12 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Jan 4 2012, 09:46 AM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Sophie shrugged her shoulders at Nico's question. "I suppose so," she said noncommittally. For the most part it would probably be a yes, but she didn't enjoy grandiose labels. She blushed upon his description of her being interesting. For whatever reason, she was glad he thought so. She looked away for a moment to hide her tell-tale complexion then returned the conversation hoping he didn't take stock in her sudden interest in the opposite end of the corridor.

"Classes?" she asked, to play up her distraction. She thought for a moment about her upcoming schedule. "I'm taking a lot actually. Couldn't say no," Sophie told Nico with a laugh. "I'm retaking Mastery of Arithmancy to raise my marks, Household Charms and Spells, Advanced Dark Creatures, Negative Magic, Elementary Herbology, Dangerous Plants and Herbs, and Conjuring and Vanishing," she said, ticking each one off with a finger to make sure to got them all. "Have any of those?" she inquired hopefully.

((I was in COMC101B, but I already had so many classes. Too bad!))

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Jan 4 2012, 10:18 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas' gaze followed hers, when Sophie suddenly looked to the end of the corridor, but he couldn't notice anything unusual. When she listed up her classes, Nicolas raised his eyebrows "Sounds pretty good, but unfortunately we don't have any classes in common. I'm taking Basic Care of Magic Creatures, Memory Charms, Herbology Field Study, Basic Defense against the Dark Arts and Composition of potions. But say, Negative magic sounds interesting. What is it about?"

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Jan 5 2012, 11:42 AM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"Oh! I'd imagine Memory Charms being loads of fun. I'm considering become an Obliviator," Sophie told Nico casually. She had read about the position a few weeks prior; it was just too bad she found Charms so infuriating. Moving on, she frowned as it seemed they really didn't have any courses together. "We might see each other around otherwise, I suppose," she said.

When he asked about Negative Magic, she thought for a moment about the best way to describe it. "Hmm...well...I guess it's mostly just an in-depth look into the dark arts...how it's affected us...how it's used today. Just that sort of thing. I'm not all that sure exactly. It just sounded interesting. I'm also considering becoming a Curse Breaker. So it'll be useful for that."

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Jan 6 2012, 09:25 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"Yes, Memory Charms is one of the classes I am strongly looking forward to. They are really powerful magic, both in the good and evil sense. How did you find out you want to become an obliviator? I've never heard this can be a job - in the Ministery, I suppose..." Nico listened intensely when Sophie told about the Negative Magic class. He knew well, the Dark Arts were taught at Durmstrang, and how much Maman hated this, but somehow he also found some strange fascination radiating from them. May be the strongest reason for this was only they weren't taught at Hogwarts. "You know," he continued, "my ancestors visited Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, and they were taught also the Dark Arts. I've been reading in Grandpère's notes and some things were quite intriguing, like for example Legilimency and Occlumency. But you have to bee a 6th year to enroll for Occlumency, thus two years to wait."

This post has been edited by Nicolas Vinci: Jan 6 2012, 10:40 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Jan 8 2012, 12:35 PM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

"I read about it, and the job seemed interesting. They might be in the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes if you've ever heard of that," Sophie explained. "I still have plenty of time to decide what I want to do, though."

She nodded as Nicolas explained about his family being at other schools and the application of Dark Arts there. "I've heard they do things...differently...at those places," she told him carefully. She didn't want to offend him by mentioning some of the less than perfect rumors she had heard even though he had probably knew of them already. Sophie smiled a little at his mention of his "grandpère" because that's what she called her Canadian grandfather. Though, she quirked an eyebrow at the two subjects he brought up. "I don't think I've heard of those actually."

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Jan 10 2012, 11:01 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

"Yes, I've probably heard of that department. Nicolas nodded, "and as I know obliviators are also needed when muggles have got a clue about the existence of our world. I'm not sure, possibly there's also one working at St. Mungo's." Sophie was right, they had still plenty of time to decide what they wanted to do. Nicolas didn't really know yet himself. There were just too many interesting possibilities. He liked potions, so he could become a potion brewer like Maman. On the other hand he was also interested in a healer's career. And with Legilimency, for it was not taught at Hogwarts and he could only learn it from Grandpère's notes, he was still in the basics. But it was fascinating, though.

"Oh, you mean Legilimency and Occlumency? Legilimency is a branch of magic dealing with the penetration into the spirit and memories of another. If you get into another person's head, you can do there whatever. You can extract feelings and memories, muggles call this 'mind reading', but it's so much more, and even better, you can convey feelings and memories into their minds. Occlumency then is the art of inhibiting a Legilimens to intrude into your mind."

Nicolas paused for a moment and whispered to Sophie. "Don't tell anybody I'm trying to learn this. They'll expect me to be a great Legilimens while I'm still fighting with the lowest level basics. It's pretty hard to learn, particulary if you don't have a professor teaching it to you. "

This post has been edited by Nicolas Vinci: Jan 10 2012, 11:04 AM

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Jan 12 2012, 11:00 AM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Sophie listened quite intently as Nicolas explained Legilimency and Occlumency to her. It sounded rather difficult and perhaps somewhat dangerous as well. She shuddered to think of how that type of magic could go in the wrong hands. This was furthered when Nicolas asked her to keep it hush hush. She nodded slowly. "I'll assume you're being careful about it so no worries," she told him. Sophie was pretty good at reading people and not just because of her special ability either. Well, that's what she wanted to believe anyway.

She then glanced at her watch. "Oh gosh. Look at the time. I'm going to be late for patrolling," she told him as she quickly bolted upright. "The pains of being a Prefect. Don't let them get a hold of you," she said with a wink. "This chat was really nice, though. We should do it again soon."

((Not that I haven't been enjoying this RP. But since it's been going for so long we can pick up a new one soon.))

--------------------
user posted image

PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Jan 13 2012, 08:33 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas also bolted upright. He had totally forgotten time when chatting with Sophie. "Oh gosh, I have to hurry, too. It was a pleasure to meet you!" He said, looking frankly in Sophie's eyes. "Hope to see you again, Sophie."

((All right, let's wrap up this RP. It's one problem RPing when the writers live in totally different time zones, that RP can go on for quite long. If you like to set up a new one, we could play Sophie's and Nico's next meeting another.))

[END RP]

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Sebastian Delroy
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 03:50 AM

Slytherin Fourth Year
1881 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

[New rp tag: Jaiden]

Sebastian was sitting quietly in the sixth floor corridor enjoying some time away from his common room. It seemed lately that Slytherin was a hot house full of hormones and Seb simply needed a break so he'd take his Runes homework with him and was quietly scribbing away enjoy the peace and quiet. He needed the silence to help him because he found the subject matter rather difficult to get his head around.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Lila [MY PROFILE]
user posted image
Pride Banner by the wonderful Debby!
PMMSN
^
Tamiko Després
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 03:58 AM

Unsorted Member
214 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jaiden had dropped a bunch of classes recently, and felt his work load was a lot lighter. He wasn't sure why he took so many in the first place and regretted it till he lowered it down. He noticed most of the older students were so darn busy with the girl friend issues that he was kind of annoyed. It was so noisy! Why was it so hard to find a quiet place to nap! He found the bench, only to see another Slytherin on it. Recognizing him as a senior he nodded his head. "You wouldn't happen to know of a quiet place to nap, would you?" He asked, hoping the older boy would be able to help him out.

--------------------
user posted image
set by lily potter
PM
^
Sebastian Delroy
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 04:06 AM

Slytherin Fourth Year
1881 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Typical wasn't it when you finally find a quiet place that someone comes busting in and breaking that silence. Sebastian slowly looked up from over his book and quill and tried not to look angry by the intrusion. When he noticed it was a fellow Slytherin student he relaxed just a little he could totally understand why he needed a place to sleep it seemed sleeping was the last thing on a lot of the Sly's minds lately.

"The room of requirement."

It was a sarcastic answer but you could understand why, poor Sebby was very on edge lately.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Lila [MY PROFILE]
user posted image
PMMSN
^
Tamiko Després
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 04:10 AM

Unsorted Member
214 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jaiden had a feeling he was intruding and kind of felt bad. He knew how hard it was (already) to find a quiet location to just relax. "Er... Sorry to intrude, by the way.. And thanks.." He was about to turn and leave when he realized he had no idea what the room of requirement was, or where to find it. "Uh.. Don't wanna sound, well stupid.. But where and what is that room..?" Thinking the boy would misunderstand, he quickly added in a small explanation. "Sorry, my mom is a squib and found humor in hiding the wizarding world from my brother and I.. So my knowledge of Hogwarts is at a minimum.."

--------------------
user posted image
set by lily potter
PM
^
Sebastian Delroy
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 04:16 AM

Slytherin Fourth Year
1881 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Sebastian placed his quill down in frustration he didn't mind helping the boy out but it was just so hard to find somewhere peaceful to study even the study room in the common room had turned into a party room.

"Its fine...I was joking ... you want get in there just for some sleep .. why don't you try the Slytherin founders tower ... up near the owlery."

He pointed skyward to the towers hoping he would catch on. A squib oh my! This can not get out. Sebastian disguarded his books and placed his hand on the spare seat next to him.

"Come sit here, we need to talk about a few things before you get your head blown off for admitting that."

Sebastian really didn't give a Merlin about heritage but he did know that it was important to his house and if word got about a child of a squib being in their noble house well this poor boy would never hear the end of it. Sebastian thought it was time for an intervention and fast.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Lila [MY PROFILE]
user posted image
PMMSN
^
Tamiko Després
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 04:21 AM

Unsorted Member
214 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jaiden rose a brow at the boy and then thought about the tower. He had gone up there before once, and he nearly got punched in the face by some random chick. He wasn't sure if he wanted to go there again in case the girl decided she wanted "her spot" again. He then heard the boy asking him to sit down, and he guessed it was about what he said about his mother. He crossed his arms and stared at Seb. "If it's what I just said about my mother, just forget about it. I don't go around blabbing about it to just anyone." In no means was Jaiden attempting to be rude. Besides, Sebastian was the only person he had opened his jaws to. It wasn't exactly something he wanted to say, it just came out.

--------------------
user posted image
set by lily potter
PM
^
Sebastian Delroy
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 04:29 AM

Slytherin Fourth Year
1881 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Sebastian raised his eyebrows in an interesting manner to the younger sly. He was trying to work him out, he claimed not to be blabbing about his parentage and yet he'd blurted out some very personal information out to a random stranger... Sebastian was intrigued by the contradiction.

"Well I wouldn't, people here take blood lineage very seriously and if they even as get a sniff of what you've just told me then boy oh boy are you going to be in for it."

Seb had tried to be caring but there was a tad sterness in his voice simply because the boy seemed to have some attitude with the crossed arms and all. At least he'd tried if someone didn't listen he couldn't be held responsible.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Lila [MY PROFILE]
user posted image
PMMSN
^
Tamiko Després
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 04:33 AM

Unsorted Member
214 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jaiden stared at Sebastian and sighed a bit. "Yeah yeah. I gathered as much. I made a mistake. You seemed trustworthy, I guess." The boy seemed a bit grumpy, and well, Jaiden was too a bit annoyed. He wasn't really sleeping well recently. "For the record you're the only person I've made the mistake of blabbering to." He said, commenting on the squib thing. He knew if it were any other person he would have lost his head. Why he let it slip out he wasn't even sure.

--------------------
user posted image
set by lily potter
PM
^
Sebastian Delroy
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 04:45 AM

Slytherin Fourth Year
1881 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Sebastian couldn't believe the switch in moods from the younger boy it was a little off putting. Confiding something like that to a random stranger it seemed odd. He didn't want to offend the boy so he decided to reveal something strange about himself.

"Its ok buddy."

He pulled up his pants legs showing his socks.

"I wear pink socks, we all can't confirm to the rules."

He decided to take a different approach with the kid it seemed that he was searching for something and perhaps Seb could help provide a little guidance. He remember all too well what being new he was like. He held out his hand.

"Sebastian Delroy 3rd year Sly, pink sock wearer, carol singer extraordinare, Wicked Witches fan and just a generally all round good guy .. you are?"

He was trying to loosen things up and hoped that this strategy worked, he didn't want to seem intimidating or scary.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Lila [MY PROFILE]
user posted image
PMMSN
^
Tamiko Després
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 05:56 PM

Unsorted Member
214 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jaiden rose a brow as Sebastian took a different approach to the whole thing. He looked at the socks and then decided to sit down next to the boy. He didn't take the boy's hand to shake it and just spoke. "Jaiden Kim, first year Slytherin.. Guitar playing, nap loving, older brother who is an good guy as well." He said, matching what Sebastian said. "For the record.. I didn't shake your hand because I'm not really big on physical touching.." He mentioned.

--------------------
user posted image
set by lily potter
PM
^
Sebastian Delroy
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 07:10 PM

Slytherin Fourth Year
1881 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Sebastian glanced down at his still offered hand and then at the boy sitting down .. what a piece of work this kid was. Like a cool cat Seb brushed his hand through his hair with ease and poise, it was dorky but it suited Seb so well.

"You play the guitar?"

Sebastian's mind ticked over and he decided to let him know what he was thinking.

"A buddy and I are starting a band and we need extra musicians, we are having trials soon .. would you be interested?"

It was worth a shot given he couldn't guarantee anything for Jaiden but it might help him loosen up and meet some new people in his house too Seb was expecting a big turn out at the jam session.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Lila [MY PROFILE]
user posted image
PMMSN
^
Tamiko Després
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 08:55 PM

Unsorted Member
214 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jaiden nodded. "And the piano.. Though I had no choice in that one. My mom made me take lessons." He said. He then heard the question and statement and he brow rose a bit. Before he found out about the whole wizarding world, he really wanted to be a musician. A solo one mostly, but he still wanted to sing and perform. "I'd be interested, for sure.. Before I got my letter.. I wanted to be a musician. I can sing a bit too." He mentioned.

--------------------
user posted image
set by lily potter
PM
^
Sebastian Delroy
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 09:17 PM

Slytherin Fourth Year
1881 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Piano as well, this guy just got better and better of course it be fair to all they had to have open try outs but Seb got a feeling Jaiden would be good very good. He just hoped that Scorpius would be ok with a firstie because Seb knew what the Malfoy boy was like and the squib thing well Seb would have to keep that unwraps as well.

"The position of singer is already taken.."

He said in a joking manner with a serious undertone. Sebastian was the only lead singer and lyrics writer in the band.

"I'll make sure you are the first to know about tryouts though."

He thought about giving him a hi 5 btu he remember how he'd reacted to the handshake so instead he settled for an awkwarldy cheesy grin.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Lila [MY PROFILE]
user posted image
PMMSN
^
Tamiko Després
 Posted: Jan 29 2012, 09:43 PM

Unsorted Member
214 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Jaiden let out a smile for the first time. He knew the singer position would be taken, but he thought there was no harm in letting him know. He nodded. "Yeah, that would be cool.." He smiled again. It seemed this guy wasn't so bad after all. He let out a small chuckle at the cheesy grin, trying to allow himself to loosen up a bit.

--------------------
user posted image
set by lily potter
PM
^
Sebastian Delroy
 Posted: Jan 30 2012, 07:14 PM

Slytherin Fourth Year
1881 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Sebastian crossed his legs up on the bench trying to make the guy more comfortable. He didn't know if it was working but at least the older Sly was trying.

"Neat. I'm glad we sorted that out. What you got planned for the rest of the day?"

Seb didn't have much and thought that maybe they could hang out and maybe write a few songs or dabble with a few new tunes. It would also give Seb a chance to see if they had that musical chemistry.

*** After some small talk each of the boys parted their separate ways.

[safe to assume this is over]

This post has been edited by Sebastian Delroy: Feb 2 2012, 12:39 AM

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Lila [MY PROFILE]
user posted image
PMMSN
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Feb 17 2012, 10:57 PM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

((New RP))

Oliver was wandering around the seventh floor with no real aim in mind besides passing some time. He was running over in his head whether or not he wanted to send the letter tucked away in his pocket. He knew his parents wouldn't be too happy with the content, but he really thought he needed to let them know some of the thoughts he had been having about blood status lately and gauge their reaction prior to the face-to-face confrontation. In his deep thought he wasn't really paying attention to where he was going and soon bumped into something.

tag Aqua Whirlpool

--------------------

user posted image

Thanks to Eve for the signature <3
PM
^
Aqua Whirlpool
 Posted: Feb 18 2012, 07:52 AM

Unsorted Member
3531 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

(it could either be me or the bench, but I'll say it's me so I have a reason to appear http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/10.gif)

Aqua was walking through the sixth floor corridor, on her way up to the Gryffindor Common Room for no reason in particular. She'd just come up from Transfiguartion class and still had her messenger bag perched on her shoulder. It seemed that the farther term got along, the heavier it got, from adding notes, supplies and such with every lesson. She pulled out a syllabus for the COMC class she was TAing and began lightly doing an overview of it. She hadn't exactly been looking where she was going, as it was heard to read and walk at the same time, and she hit hard into something. She gave a little surprised jump, and her papers went fluttering to the ground. Then she realized it was a person. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry" she said, bending down to pick up the papers scattered across the ground. She looked up to see who it was and immediately recognized him from somewhere. Wait, it was in HO Choir, wasn't it? Yes, at the Vaudeville Stage. She swept her papers into a neat stack and shoved them back into her bag before getting back up and smiling. "Oh, hello there! It's, um...you! I realize now that I haven't a clue what your name is, although the face is familiar. I'm Aqua. Once again, I'm, uh, sorry to have whammed into you, wasn't exactly looking where I was going" she said with a quiet nervous laugh.

--------------------
user posted image
Shipper | Profile | Callboard | Telekinesis | Sign My Yearbook | Azariah | Wand (The first one) | Home | DJ Hurricane | Gryffie Pride
BLUB BLUB FLAMINGOS!

Set by Blairre! Ability by Kyla! Pride by Me! Jatken by Kate!
user posted image
PMEmailYIMMSN
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Feb 18 2012, 10:26 AM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

((Well you could have watched and laughed or something. Haha.))

Oliver was knocked back somewhat after his collision and immediately said, "Sorry there!" He looked to see a Gryffindor girl hurriedly picking up papers. He nodded as she greeted him and apologized again. He found that he did recognize her from choir and also Quidditch.

"Hello. Oliver," he said holding out his hand. "We met through choir a few weeks ago I believe. You sang that French song? You play Quidditch too don't you?" he replied. He couldn't remember her position, though. Definitely not a chaser. Maybe a keeper? "I'm sorry as well. My mind was elsewhere."

This post has been edited by Oliver Wright: Feb 18 2012, 10:27 AM

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Aqua Whirlpool
 Posted: Feb 18 2012, 05:09 PM

Unsorted Member
3531 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

(Phew! Busy day! Catching up time! http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/10.gif)

Aqua smiled and took his offered hand, shaking it. Ah, yes, Oliver. She ever so slightly blushed when he asked if she was the one singing the french song. "Umm, yeah. That was me. I'm the Gryffindor Seeker" she added. He must have been watching their previous game, she didn't know how else he could know. He could have heard around, but still. She gave a small laugh as he apologized. "It seems we shared that problem. No worries." she said with a grin. She permitted herself to plop down on the bench and take a breather. She wasn't in a rush, so she could afford to relax awhile.

--------------------
user posted image
Shipper | Profile | Callboard | Telekinesis | Sign My Yearbook | Azariah | Wand (The first one) | Home | DJ Hurricane | Gryffie Pride
BLUB BLUB FLAMINGOS!

user posted image
PMEmailYIMMSN
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Feb 18 2012, 05:49 PM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver was puzzled by her blush but listened as she confirmed that he was the girl she was thinking of and returned her handshake. "I'm on the Claw team meself. Chaser. Guess we'll be seeing each other again in a few weeks," he explained. He also took a seat on the bench, not really needing or wanting to send off that letter just yet. "So how is it that you know French?" he asked, noting that her accent was distinctively British.

((Correct me if I'm wrong there.))

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Aqua Whirlpool
 Posted: Feb 18 2012, 05:54 PM

Unsorted Member
3531 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Aqua smiled and nodded. Indeed they would be. She was anxious for the game, determined to catch the snitch this time. He sat down on the bench as well and she smiled. "Yes well, my paternal grandparents are french and my father was raised until the age of eight in France, so it is still spoken at times even though both my parents are british now." she explained. "And you say your parents got you a tutor? I'm guessing you're into that language stuff?" she asked curiously.

--------------------
user posted image
BLUB BLUB FLAMINGOS!

user posted image
PMEmailYIMMSN
^
Oliver Wright
 Posted: Feb 18 2012, 06:18 PM

Adult
1277 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Oliver laughed a little. "I don't know. I've never thought of myself as 'into it' I guess," he said with a shrug. "They really just didn't know what else to get me. Not the most sentimental parents," he explained. "My language capabilities almost seem like happenstance. I know English, Russian, and Gaelic because of my family. Then French just happened, and I studied Latin a bit on my own. I'm only so-so at them all I think." Normally, he would brag about these sort of accomplishments, but he was trying to stray away from that behavior.

--------------------

user posted image

PM
^
Aqua Whirlpool
 Posted: Feb 18 2012, 06:38 PM

Unsorted Member
3531 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Aqua nodded. Aha, well he seemed to know alot more languages than she. "Well that's quite the variety. I can only speak french and english, but I suppose that the fact that my french speech and writing is just as fluent as my english makes up for it." she said with a smile and shrug, skipping over his comment about his comments. She didn't exactly want to make him divulge in the topic right now. Then there was a bit of silence, but she quickly snapped out of it and asked a random question. "So....um, where were you off to? I hope I'm not keeping you up from somewhere you need to be" she said.

--------------------
user posted image
BLUB BLUB FLAMINGOS!

user posted image
PMEmailYIMMSN
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ