View All Announcements

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Bench Along The Wall
Prof. Ariana Darkwood
 Posted: Jun 2 2011, 10:05 PM

Professor Emeritus
3306 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

user posted image

This post has been edited by Prof. Gabriella Moretti: Nov 4 2011, 07:42 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Art gifted by Nathalie Deveraux. Thanks, sweetheart! || Too Cute!

PM
^
Ashlyn Middleton
 Posted: Jun 5 2011, 11:56 AM

Slytherin Third Year
115 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Ashlyn was exploring the sixth floor when her legs got extremely tired.She decided to sit down on the bench and see who walked by.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Margaret!You Rock
PM
^
Trevor Higginbotham
 Posted: Jun 16 2011, 09:19 AM

Ravenclaw Seventh Year
1904 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Trevor arrived with his mentee at the sixth floor near a bench as his tour continued. He thought this was a good centralized spot so that he could point out all there was to see. He nodded to the young girl sitting on the bench and continued.

“Now, Sami. We passed by the seventh floor, which mainly has Divinations department. I haven’t taken Divinations yet, but I probably will next fall. Here on the sixth floor, is the Arithmancy department (HERE). I love numbers and formulas, so it was a fun class for me.” He gestured down the other end of the hallway.

“And down there, is the newly installed Art Hall (HERE). I bet you would love it there. They have every conceivable room dedicated to the Arts. I would even bet that rooms could be magically added if a student had a great enough need. So what is your favorite artsy thing to do?”

This post has been edited by Trevor Higginbotham: Jun 16 2011, 09:19 AM

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Samina LaFoy
 Posted: Jun 16 2011, 09:51 AM

Ravenclaw Third Year
612 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Sami smiled. Astronomy, and Arithmancy? This was going to be an awesome school year! She thought about all of her arts things. "Hmm...that's hard. I love painting and drawing but sculpting is amazing. Then again, there is dancing and that is a mixture of art and athletics. I think I'll go with...dancing. Though, I really love all of it." she said. She had a drawing in her trunk she actually needed to finish. Eh, shed remember it when unpacking.

--------------------
user posted image
My Plot My Profile LouLou user posted image Thanks to Peter Dereks for this AWESOME siggy! user posted image
PMEmail
^
Trevor Higginbotham
 Posted: Jun 16 2011, 04:16 PM

Ravenclaw Seventh Year
1904 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

“That is great. You will probably spend some time in the Art Hall, then. I have a cousin named Art, but that's about it for me.” Trevor made a few more quick notes and remembered another question he had for Sami. “Oh, yeah. Have you meet anyone or made any friends yet?” He was trying to plan out his next stop on the Trevor Tour.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Samina LaFoy
 Posted: Jun 16 2011, 06:26 PM

Ravenclaw Third Year
612 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Sami said "Oh, I definitely will!" and then giggled at his Art joke. That was a very...artistic name. "I have met a girl named Lestatia. She seemed very nice." she responded.

--------------------
user posted image
My Plot My Profile LouLou user posted image Thanks to Peter Dereks for this AWESOME siggy! user posted image
PMEmail
^
Trevor Higginbotham
 Posted: Jun 17 2011, 06:49 PM

Ravenclaw Seventh Year
1904 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

“Maybe we will meet someone I can introduce you to along the way. How about a few more stops? I wanted to show you one of my favorite places on the fourth floor and then on to the second for the clubs. Right this way…”

Trevor motioned her to follow and he ended up HERE

((OOC - Just a few more stops. I not sure if this helpful in RL or not. Maybe you can link to the second floor stop?))

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Samina LaFoy
 Posted: Jun 17 2011, 08:11 PM

Ravenclaw Third Year
612 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

"Excellent." Sami said before following him down the stairs to their next stop.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Trevor Higginbotham
 Posted: Jun 17 2011, 08:28 PM

Ravenclaw Seventh Year
1904 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

(( End RP))

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteYIM
^
Hollie Caldwell
 Posted: Jun 25 2011, 02:35 PM

Slytherin Sixth Year
678 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

So, Hollie was walking through the castle with a book in her hand. It was titled "Puffs to Puffballs". It was written by an ex-slytherin who was extremly apt at turning puffs into ickle little puff balls. And it gave her many tips to tortureing little firsties. She was wearing an OUTFIT that excentuated her curves and was very instyle. She took a seat on the bench and smiled as she layed back and propped her feet up on the arm rest on the opposite side of the bench. She continued to read.

((TAg: Dylan Everett))

This post has been edited by Hollie Caldwell: Jun 25 2011, 02:56 PM

--------------------
user posted image

|Oh Yeah Aubrey Ryan made that sig up there|Let's RP!|
PMEmailYIM
^
Dylan Everett
 Posted: Jun 26 2011, 12:50 AM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
618 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Dylan was whistling while walking along the sixth floor corridor. He's been to the art hall trying to get acquainted with his artsy self but it was harder than he thought. He took a sketch pad and a charcoal pencil back to his dorm room. Maybe he could do some sketching while waiting for the summer classes to start. He's actually excited for he's TAing for a class. He's hoping to be accepted to be a TA for another one.

SO as said earlier, he's walking along the sixth floor corridor when he saw someone reading a book that is kind of catchy. It was Puffs to Puffballs. Hmm, what kind of book might that be? "Interesting read there." he said as he tucked the sketch pad under his arm.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Hollie Caldwell
 Posted: Jun 26 2011, 09:24 AM

Slytherin Sixth Year
678 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Hollie had just gotten to the chapter that explained to her how to torment before turning. Aka. Make them extremely upset then turn them into whatever you so wish. She wasn't the fastest reader in the world but this was becoming a fast read. As she turned the page she heard someone speak, so she glanced over the top of her book and as God would have it there was an EXTREMELY CUTE. And I mean extremely, big standing in front of her.

he didn't obviously look like a puff, but she really couldn't tell if he was claw or gryff because she hadn't seem him around the sly common room. Hollie normally didn't go for the hottest boys because they were the hardest ones to keep. But this one even her writer thinks is adorable. (Me Gusta some Darren Criss) anyway, I digress. She set her book down in her lap, but didn't sit up or anything. She was trying this new philosophy to not attack everyone she met yeah, actually, it is. Apparently, puffs aren't annoying to only me. she joked. And this was her way of flirting. Oh yes very effective. (scarcasm)....

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmailYIM
^
Dylan Everett
 Posted: Jun 27 2011, 05:57 AM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
618 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

So that's what that book is about, Hufflepuffs. He don't think Puffs are annoying. "House rivalries. I guess you are a Slytherin?" Dylan thinks he knew the answer already. What he was after here is some kind of confirmation. If she is a Slytherin, then they are rivals. He's a Gryffindor anyway. Plus, he's got this explainable thoughts towards Slytherins. "Oh yeah? I think Puffs are not annoying. I think they're pretty cool." he shrugged. He don't really know any hufflepuff yet but he thinks they're really nice.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Hollie Caldwell
 Posted: Jun 27 2011, 09:41 AM

Slytherin Sixth Year
678 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Hollie smiled. She had been unusually nice towards people lately. Maybe it was the fact that acting like a slytherin wasn't giving her many friends. Yes, I'm a Sly, but I don't act like one all the time. she said and sat up. She placed her feet on the ground and you could hear her shoes click on the floor. And yes, not all Puffs are annoying. Lately I have found that some of them are nice, but it depends on which one. she said. She was hoping this guy wouldn't judge her just on the fact that she was a sly. Even though being a sly was pretty amazing.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmailYIM
^
Dylan Everett
 Posted: Jun 28 2011, 01:11 AM

Gryffindor Sixth Year
618 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Dylan thought that for a Sly, this girl's kind of nice. It was hard to believe but not impossible. He loosened up a little. Maybe Not all Slys are meanies. It just so happens that he bumped into the baddies. And besides, he really has no basis to judge her if she's mean or not just because she's in Slytherin. He chuckled at what she said. "I sure hope you are not acting like one now. I could use a break from Slytherin-Gryffindor fights." Dylan honestly thinks the house rivalries are so overrated and he's sick of it. "I'm Dylan from Gryffindor." He smiled at her as he introduced himself.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Hollie Caldwell
 Posted: Jun 30 2011, 11:25 AM

Slytherin Sixth Year
678 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Undefined

Hollie smiled. She was super excited to be talking to this guy because of hot ADORABLE he was! She smiled her cutest smile at him. yeah, I agree, some of the fights are really annoying. she said. though you know she enjoyed fighting with some of them. Nice to meet you Dylan. How's Gryffindor treating you? she asked. She hoped she wasn't going to have to act unsly-like the whole time if she wanted to talk to this guy, but maybe he was worth it. But she still loved acting like a sly.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmailYIM
^
Alestis Imeacht
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 04:33 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
1438 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

(New RP, been 8 days)

(For the first extra credit assignment, I need to see in the first post who's involved, your student IDs, and what you want (house points, 5; or credit towards your quill, 5%). Post the link in your journal)

For extra house points, Alestis Imeacht 21666 with the lovely Lestatia LeGrande 21711

Alestis lead the way to the bench that she knew up around here somewhere, she found it and sat down, waiting for Lestatia to catch up.

This post has been edited by Alestis Imeacht: Jul 8 2011, 05:06 PM

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
Lestatia Saphira LeGrande
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 04:55 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

QUOTE (Prof. Desiree Monet @ Jul 7 2011, 04:13 PM)
(For the first extra credit assignment, I need to see in the first post who's involved, your student IDs, and what you want (house points, 5; or credit towards your quill, 5%). Post the link in your journal)

(for extra house points, Lestatia LeGrande 21711, with Alestis Imeacht 21666)

Lestatia followed Alestis down the corridor. Not only did she think she better do this extra credit thing to make up for being late to class, but she also liked meeting new friends. And she thought it was really cool that this girl was from Ireland! She smiled as she went to the bench. She had her best friend who was from France, and now a classmate and possibly new friend who was from Ireland, how cool was that?

"So what's it like in Ireland?" She asked curiously. She'd never been out of her own country until she went to Hogwarts, and that was super exciting, riding on a plane, driving around London to the King's cross station, and then riding on the train to get to the school. But as exciting as that was, she kind of missed New Orleans.

This post has been edited by Lestatia Saphira LeGrande: Jul 8 2011, 04:55 PM

--------------------
PMEmailWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Alestis Imeacht
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 05:03 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
1438 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alestis liked this girl, she had taken the initiative to come over and talk to her. She liked that in people. She couldn't stand people just waiting around for things to happen. She had a feeling that she might get on really well with her.

She asked a question and heard a kind of accent, american maybe?

"Oh, Ireland?" alestis shrugged, "its really like here, you know," she waved dismissively ouit at the amazing mountanous scenery and gorgeous lake, all of which was covered in a thick sheet of mizerable rain, "the beautiful summer weather," she grinned, "but i suppose it wouldnt be as green then, and anyway, we cant let down everyones expectations can we" she winked.

"so are you american or something?" she asked.

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 06:30 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia laughed a little as she talked about the beautiful weather, while indicating the rain. "Yup! I am, American that is." She said with a smile. "I'm from New Orleans, Louisiana." She smiled happily at the memory of her hometown. "I actually live just outside of the city, kinda on the outskirts. But it's close enough I can pretty much walk to the city if I want to." She selected a croissant chicken sandwich from the stuff she'd grabbed on her way out of class, and nibbled a bit on it.

"It's real pretty there, lots of tropical kinda plants, green all year long. And swamps, of course. I think Louisianna is famous for its swamps." She shrugged a little and laughed. "Oh before I forget, did I miss anything in the class?" She asked. "You probably saw, but I sorta got there about the time class was ending.." She said with a slightly embarrassed laugh, looking down a bit. Ok so she didn't really care much about following rules and getting to classes on time, but thinking about it, it was a bit embarrassing to get there that late.

--------------------
^
Alestis Imeacht
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 07:10 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
1438 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Alestis shook her head, "nah you didn't miss anything really, people were just saying who they were and she gave us this extra credit homework. nothin much to be honest"

Alestis was really interested to hear about the swamps, "we have bogs in Ireland, just massive plots of wet useless land, the mud is black and really really deep. in the summer when it dries out the farmers go out and cut the black soil and call it turf. its like a fuel. my granny, the Muggle one always has turf on her fire."

Alestis looked at the quick handful of sandwiches she had chosen and saw that they were cucumber. eugh. she nibbled one then put it down on the bench beside her looking disgusted, but was distracted by another thought that popped into her head, "do you find it cold here then? what made you want to come all the way over to Scotland to go to school?"

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
 Posted: Jul 8 2011, 07:49 PM

Unsorted Member
4117 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lestatia noticed her making a face at the sandwich, and smiled. She didn't like cucumbers all that much either. She picked up another of her chicken croissant sandwiches and offered it to her. "do you find it cold here then? what made you want to come all the way over to Scotland to go to school?" Lestatia thought for a moment. "It's a bit colder than I'm used to, yeah." She said. "But, I like it. I've always wanted to go to some different countries. But, well I got the letter from Hogwarts, and my dad checked to see if I could come early because..he has stuff he has to do." She said.

Her voice was all excited as she began talking, and as she got to the part about her dad having her come early, she got quieter and unenthusiastic. Sure it was great that she was here and making friends, but why did she had to come to school during the summer just because her dad was too busy with work to put up with her? She frowned a little and looked down, trying to think of some question to ask, to change the subject.

"So, you're.. halfblood?" She asked, noticing her say something about 'her grandmother, the muggle one.' "I'm muggleborn, so I think that's pretty cool." She said with a small smile. She was still getting used to all this magic all over the place, and still forgot sometimes that she could do magic too, except she didn't know any spells yet.

--------------------
^
Lana Freiddman
 Posted: Jul 21 2011, 04:28 PM

Gryffindor Fourth Year
477 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Lana plopped down on the small bench that was pushed up against the wall. She swumg her legs back and forth, and pulled out a book from her large messenger that was pulled across her shoulder. It was something about divination- she wasn't really paying attention to it. Her attention was focused on something else. She was expecting an owl from her older brother. She hadn't seen him for 2 years, and she loved talking to him.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks Bright
user posted image
PM
^
Cora Gael
 Posted: Jul 21 2011, 07:42 PM

Hufflepuff Third Year
272 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Cora was descending the stairs from the owlery, where she'd come from after sending off a letter to her parents. She was only a little frustrated with herself for forgetting to send a little pouch of every-flavoured beans to them-- she'd wanted to give them something truly from the "wizarding world". Another time, the Puff girl justified.

She turned the corner of the staircase onto the sixth floor and perceived a girl sitting on the bench. She seemed to be reading some book that looked totally and utterly boring so Cora decided it wouldn't hurt to interrupt. After all, she liked meeting new people.

Moving closer, Cora finally spoke up, "Hi, I'm Cora." She extended her hand to shake.

--------------------

user posted image
[set by me]

Profile :: Callboard :: Shipper
PMEmail
^
Payson Rebecca Shnick
 Posted: Jul 29 2011, 03:13 PM

N/A POSTS
YEARS OLD
N/A

(NEW RP: BEEN AWHILE)

It was a sunny day, but Payson didn't want to be outside. She was to upset to go outside. She was sitting on the bench crying worried about her mom, and still debating if she wanted to go home to see her. She tried to quit crying but it didn't work.

(tag:u know who)
^
Braden Jackson
 Posted: Aug 21 2011, 08:55 PM

Ravenclaw Third Year
653 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

New RP

((tag: Zaylie Jennings))

After recieving his first quill in his first class, Braden decided to take some time off and explore the Sixth Floor. His parents sent him another muggle book titled "Lemony Snicket's: A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Wide Window." He sat on a bench that was along the wall and read his book.

--------------------
user posted image
| Profile | | Claw Pride- Made by Fedora Middleton! | Thanks to Gabbi Bennett for the Sig!
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Zaylie Jennings
 Posted: Aug 21 2011, 09:18 PM

Alumni
4013 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Zaylie wandered along the sixth floor corridor, sort of at a loss for things to do. She was glad summer classes were over, and she liked having a break between terms to kind of relax and regroup, but right now she was just plain bored. She wasn't in her school robes, but instead in a pair of long shorts and a tank top, her long hair pulled back into a ponytail. She spotted a younger boy reading on the bench, and smiled at him. She didn't want to disturb him when he was reading, but then she got a glance at the title. "Ohh is that good? I saw the movie, but never read the books...." Zaylie commented before she could stop herself, grinning.

--------------------
user posted image
^credit to cutee @ rcr
PMWebsite
^
Braden Jackson
 Posted: Aug 21 2011, 09:26 PM

Ravenclaw Third Year
653 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Braden turned his head away from his book to another student. She looked like a fun girl. She had her hair pulled back and was dressed in regular clothes instead of robes like how he was. He then said I love it! It's my favorite book out of all of the series. I've only read up to the fifth book, but this one is still my favorite. The books so far are fantastic and I hope to continue on later, but I'm always drawn back to this one. I also love the movie too! I love Violet, she's my favorite especially when the doorknob is about to explode. Her face makes me laugh. Braden said cheerfully. He moved down and made room for the girl.

--------------------
user posted image
| Profile | | Claw Pride- Made by Fedora Middleton! | Thanks to Gabbi Bennett for the Sig!
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Zaylie Jennings
 Posted: Aug 22 2011, 05:50 PM

Alumni
4013 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Zaylie took a seat on the bench, grinning at how readily the boy answered her question. "I love Violet, too!" she agreed, inspecting the cover of his book. "Maybe I'll have to read them all, now." Or maybe that would be a good Christmas present to ask for. Zaylie was pretty sure that, unfortunately, she wouldn't have much time for reading when the new term got started. "That's awesome that you like muggle stories!" she said to the boy. "I'm Zaylie, by the way," she added with another grin. She really liked meeting new students; in fact, she always had. You could never have too many friends.

This post has been edited by Zaylie Jennings: Aug 22 2011, 05:50 PM

--------------------
user posted image
^credit to cutee @ rcr
PMWebsite
^
Braden Jackson
 Posted: Aug 22 2011, 05:58 PM

Ravenclaw Third Year
653 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Braden compliemented Violet Baudelaire with The reason I love Violet is that she is really intellegent and she has a passion for inventing. If she was a non-fictional person, I'd want her to be my sister. Braden thought he sounded real nerdy but he decided he didn't care. Of course, Klause and Sunny have a passion for reading and biting, but with Violet, there's something I love about her. Finally, Braden came back to the real world and said Oh! Sorry, I get side-tracked a lot. My name is Braden Narcissus Jackson. You can call me "Braden" or "Narcissus." I'll respond to either. I love meeting new people. I like to be a social butterfly. Braden held out his hand and waited for Zaylie to shake it.

This post has been edited by Braden Jackson: Aug 22 2011, 05:59 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Zaylie Jennings
 Posted: Aug 26 2011, 01:04 PM

Alumni
4013 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

((So sorry! Busy week!))

Zaylie grinned, reaching out to shake Braden's hand firmly. "Great to meet you Braden! And no worries, I really love talking about stories I like, too," she told him with a nod. "It's neat you're so passionate about reading." ::Yep, definitely a Claw,:: she thought, noticing the blue patch on his robes. She hated wearing robes in the summertime. But she would have to get back into the routine once classes started again. Sigh. She giggled at Braden's social butterfly comment. "Well, what a coincidence! So do I," she told him with a grin. Yeah, that would be the phrase to describe Zay, alright. "So, are you liking it here, so far?" she asked him. "Making lots of new friends?" That was the best part about Hogwarts, in Zaylie's opinion, all the amazing people she had met.

--------------------
user posted image
^credit to cutee @ rcr
PMWebsite
^
Braden Jackson
 Posted: Aug 26 2011, 10:34 PM

Ravenclaw Third Year
653 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Braden chuckled and said Yes I am actually! I love it here so much that I wish I could live here forever! My sister Susan is super jealous because I got to come here and she has to wait to come until the end of Fall Term. Braden then looked back at his book and said When I was little, I use to read this book to my sister before bed... Braden then lost track and thought Susan is my best friend, and I miss her... Braden then came back to reality and also added Indeed, I am making great friends! I haven't found any rude students yet, I'm hoping to stay away from them.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Zaylie Jennings
 Posted: Aug 29 2011, 09:39 AM

Alumni
4013 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Zaylie grinned. That was really sweet, it was obvious that Braden and his sister were close just by the way he spoke about her. "That's really neat! She's lucky to have an older brother like you here, to show her around and stuff," Zaylie said with a nod. "I have two older brothers, but the oldest graduated before I got here, and my middle brother went to school in Japan. He's graduated now, too," Zaylie explained with a shrug. She would have liked to come into Hogwarts knowing there was someone there to help her out, but she had managed well enough on her own. "Just tell her it'll be here before she knows it!" Zaylie told Braden with a nod. When he told her about making friends, Zaylie smiled. "That's great! Most of the people here are really, really cool. That's probably my favorite part of being here," Zaylie said thoughtfully. Of course, the magic didn't hurt, either.

--------------------
user posted image
^credit to cutee @ rcr
PMWebsite
^
Braden Jackson
 Posted: Aug 29 2011, 04:50 PM

Ravenclaw Third Year
653 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

My older brother Alexander graduated the year before I came and he is now in Scotland with a group of friends studying the ruins of the castles. Braden said giving some discription about his older brother. My sister is the closest person to me. She's the best friend I could ever have and she's really sweet. You'll have to meet her somtime. Braden then thought about Zaylie's brother in Japan. Your brother went to Japan?! That's amazing! Braden said with wide eyes.

((my sister Susan was accepted yesturday so if you wanna RP with her send her a message smile.gif just letting you know))

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Zaylie Jennings
 Posted: Aug 31 2011, 10:57 AM

Alumni
4013 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

((Ooh awesome! I'll be sure to do that sometime! biggrin.gif))

"Ruins of castles?" Zaylie repeated, impressed. "Whoa, that sounds awesome!" She had never thought of doing anything like that, it sounded really neat. "That's really neat about your sister. I'd definitely love to meet her sometime," Zaylie told Braden with a nod. She loved meeting new students. There were so many nice people at Hogwarts. Zaylie smiled and nodded when Braden asked about Michael. "Yep! I think he might teach there," she told him. "I really want to go visit. I really like to travel." That was definitely one of her goals, after graduation, to do a lot of traveling.

--------------------
user posted image
^credit to cutee @ rcr
PMWebsite
^
Braden Jackson
 Posted: Aug 31 2011, 02:51 PM

Ravenclaw Third Year
653 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

That sounds like a blast! I love to travel as well. I'm hoping to visit Scotland also and I'm hoping to travel to Italy and Greece. I was actually named after the Greek god Narcissus. The god of beauty and my mom was very class friends with Narcissa Malfoy. Braden then thought that he just went super nerdlike.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Zaylie Jennings
 Posted: Sep 1 2011, 10:30 AM

Alumni
4013 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Zaylie smiled. "That's neat! I've been to Scotland, it's really nice, actually," she told Braden with a nod. She listened as he told her about his name. "Oh wow, that's neat that you know all that stuff," she told him, once again impressed by his knowledge. "All I know is, I was named after my Grandma Azalea. But my parents didn't really think 'Azalea' suited me very well, so they went with Zaylie," she told him with a grin. She loved her name, actually. She had never met another Zaylie. It really suited her, in her own opinion.

--------------------
user posted image
^credit to cutee @ rcr
PMWebsite
^
Braden Jackson
 Posted: Sep 1 2011, 02:52 PM

Ravenclaw Third Year
653 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

After Braden heard Zaylie tell him about her name, he said Aw that's cute! Braden put a smile on his face. He then said I do like that name 'Zaylie'. It sounds full of fun and excitement. I'm guessing that what you're like huh. Braden then chuckled a little bit of happiness.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Zaylie Jennings
 Posted: Sep 2 2011, 11:21 AM

Alumni
4013 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Zaylie laughed, shrugging. "Yeah, I guess you're right. You caught me!" she told Braden with a nod. "Life's more fun that way, though," she told him seriously, before breaking into a grin again. Just then, she glanced at her watch. "Holy cow! It's getting late, and I told some friends I'd meet them for supper," she explained to the younger boy, jumping up from her seat. "It was really great to meet you! Hopefully we can talk again sometime." The boy seemed really friendly, and now Zaylie was looking forward to meeting his sister, too. "Enjoy your book!" she told him, giving him a little wave as she took off down the corridor.

--------------------
user posted image
^credit to cutee @ rcr
PMWebsite
^
Braden Jackson
 Posted: Sep 3 2011, 02:10 PM

Ravenclaw Third Year
653 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Braden saw Zaylie looked at her watch and she had to go meet some of her friends. Braden said to her I'll let Susan know and maybe we can talk again with us three. I'll see you later and I will enjoy my book. He saw Zaylie jump to her feet and went down the hall. Braden waved back with a smile on his face and he then thought I think I may go meet up with Susan and see what she's up to. Braden picked up his bag and walked out of the corridor.

End RP

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsiteGTalkAIMYIMMSN
^
Svetlana Davina
 Posted: Sep 10 2011, 02:03 AM

Slytherin Second Year
168 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Svetlana was still exploring the castle and she felt herself getting a bit tiresome. She spotted a long bench facing the grand windows along the wall and she decided to sit and rest there for awhile. She hadn't met so many people, they were mostly all with their own friends and such. She looked out of the clear glass panes of the window, watching the dust drifting lazily in the golden sunlight.

--------------------
user posted image
Big thanks to Thomas Brandon who made this wonderful sig for me!
Quill||Amadeus||Moonghost
PMEmailAIMYIMMSN
^
Desdaemona Rhodes
 Posted: Oct 6 2011, 01:45 PM

Unsorted Member
4146 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

{{ It’s been a while, TAG: Turwaithiel Greenleaf for Arithmancy Tutoring }}

Des had sent her note off to both Wraith and let Prof. Azalea know where the tutoring was going to happen. She’d brought a few different manuals and books that they would need for Arithmancy. Des honestly considered herself an authority in the subject – though a young one. She’d gobbled up everything about Arithmancy when she was a first year. She had however, left her own calculations alone, preferring to discover her numbers over the excitement of classes. How droll! Hah. She sat along the floor by the bench, and pulled out a pair of milk and honey bubble teas with black pearls – one for her, one for Wraith.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Turwaithiel Greenleaf
 Posted: Oct 6 2011, 02:05 PM

Gryffindor Seventh Year
425 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Getting her owl from Des, Turwaithiel was excited to learn the tutoring session had started. Cool I know Arithmancy but I still confuse myself a little. Putting on her casual clothes, Turwaithiel grabbed her pack and stuffed everything she would need into it. Finding Des on the sixth floor Turwaithiel was so glad she only had to go down one level.

Stopping for breath Turwaithiel plopped down on the bench. Hey sorry to keep you waiting. Thanks for agreeing to tutor me. I get this subject but I'll mess up somewhere and have to do the whole thing ove.. sorry I'm babbling How have you been?

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Desdaemona Rhodes
 Posted: Oct 7 2011, 02:15 AM

Unsorted Member
4146 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Des laughed and offered her one of the two bubble teas, and pulled out a few different calculation charts. "Oh, that's ok. I'm glad that we were able to find a time that we could hang out and get into some numbers! Let's find some time to do this without class sometime, too. Hah. So, I have these grande designs to actually walk you through a full profile. Like, an advanced profile, but I'm not sure if you're interested in it. They take a long time." She said, and flipped open the book, mostly notes that she'd made and copied from old texts. "So, is there something in particular that you're looking to get out of this, or a lesson that you'd maybe not fully understood from the first two arithmancy courses? one of the numbers you wanted to delve into a little more?" She said, wanting to make sure that she answered all of her questions.

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Turwaithiel Greenleaf
 Posted: Oct 11 2011, 08:26 AM

Gryffindor Seventh Year
425 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Taking the Tea from Des she gave a Thanks. Yea we should hang out more than just in class.. Thinking about what Des asked her she replied, I understand the basic, it just comes to the whole figuring out what my so and so number means. One day I’ll do it and get a certain number then the next time I do it I’ll get a whole different number. So hopefully what I’m learning to get out of this is a good understanding of the subject as a whole. Does that make sense? After hearing what she said in her head Turwaithiel gave a nervous giggle. Oh Gosh I'm such a dork!

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Desdaemona Rhodes
 Posted: Oct 12 2011, 08:36 PM

Unsorted Member
4146 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Pureblood

Des slurped down a slurp of the tea getting a couple of pearls to chew on. There was nothing better for studying than bubble tea... it was like having a vacation whenever you needed one! Or rather, at least it was sweet and sugary and kept her going. "Of, course silly. You're welcome. When we're done here, let's go cause some trouble at Slythoween. Or, er, I mean -- have some fun ..." She said with a small grin.

She listened to the problem and nodded with empathy. Ok. Des could both relate and had a solution for it!

"Ok, you know, the most common error is when to add numbers and when to reduce numbers down. I don't think we covered this in class, but you're going to always want to reduce each name down to a single digit number before you add everything together. Here, take a look at this," She said, gently, taking out a piece of paper.

user posted image

"Ok, so take a look at just the top line for the character numbers. I've given different highlighting to the different lines. So, you just take the one line, the character line and add them all together, then reduce. For example the top number is a 36 - reduce that to a nine. My middle name is a 39 so that needs to be reduced twice - -once to twelve and again to a 3. My last name 33 so that goes down to a six. When you have the individual names reduced, then add them together for the final number.

"When you add them all together and then try to reduce, it can get more complicated with more than basic math, you know? Does that help at all?"
She said. Wraith was most certainly NOT a dork! Des gave her a playful nudge. "You're so not. This is tricky stuff." She said, assuring her. She hoped her method of laying everything out might work a little easier.

This post has been edited by Desdaemona Rhodes: Oct 19 2011, 04:19 PM

--------------------
PMEmailYIM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Nov 14 2011, 06:14 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

Nicolas had a free period between two lessons this morning. When he walked along the Sixth Floor corridor, he noticed the bench standing along the wall wasn't occupied. He decided to sit down there to do some work and utilise the spare time. Nicolas picked a library book from his bag. This one he really had to work through in the next days. He looked at the bank for a moment and then rolled his cloak to form a pillow for his back. Nicolas went sitting sidewards on the bench, leaning his back against the arm rest padded by his cloak and bended his legs to rest the book against them. This seemed a comfortable position, and he started reading.

[TAG: Sophie Nightshade]

This post has been edited by Nicolas Vinci: Nov 14 2011, 06:23 AM

--------------------
user posted image

Le soleil se lève! This gorgeous sig was created by Bianca Blakely
{profile}{callboard-shipper}
PMEmail
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Nov 14 2011, 07:54 AM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

Sophie had just finished her arithmancy lesson and was wandering down this particular corridor with her mind on thoughts of her subconscious self number. One phrase stood out to her in particular. You are somewhat impersonal and may be difficult to get to know. She considered herself very approachable and was therefore quite confused about this. However, perhaps this alluded to her preference for privacy. Hadn't she been keeping the details pertaining to her odd headaches under wraps as of late? She had only confided in one person really. Did that make her difficult?

It was because of these perplexing thoughts that Sophie hadn't packed up her bag properly and with each step her ink well jostled around precariously in the front pouch. As she approached a bench suddendly the tiny bottle of ink seemingly jumped free from its place and shattered noisily on the ground. She quickly was thrown from her reverie to find the brilliant green ink pooled on the floor beside shards of glass. She let out a sigh and pulled her wand from her pocket to clean up the mess.

"Scourgify," she said pointing at the liquid which soon was scrubbed clean of the floor. She then muttered "Evanesco," toward the remaining glass, and the pieces promptly disappeared. Sophie looked around to see if the ink had gotten elsewhere and finally noticed it had splattered somewhat on her robes. She turned her attention to the boy laying on the bench who she now noticed to be a Sly. "I didn't get you, did I?" she asked, concerned. It did not appear that the mess had reached him, but she didn't want to step much closer and invade his personal space.

This post has been edited by Sophie Nightshade: Nov 14 2011, 07:56 AM

--------------------
user posted image

Thanks to Nearra Morgan for the set and Melora MacKenna for the ability banner!
PM
^
Nicolas Vinci
 Posted: Nov 14 2011, 11:57 AM

Slytherin Fifth Year
422 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Halfblood

He had been so preoccupied by his book, Nico didn't notice first somebody was walking along the corridor and dropping a bottle of ink. Only upon the sound of splintering glass he startled and looked up from his book. He saw a girl of approximately his age and a mess of glass shards and green ink on the floor. The girl sighed and cleaned the mess with the spells they had learned in intermediate charms this term. Nicolas was not sure if he had seen her in his class, but at least her face didn't seem totally unfamiliar to him - probably she was in his year and one of the other houses. Oh yes, a Puff - of course.

Nicolas felt a bit peeved to be disturbed from his studying, but on the other hand he also felt sorry for the girl. Concerned she asked him "I didn't get you, did I?" Nicolas lifted his feet down from the bench and looked at the girl, raising his eyebrows. "No, I don't think so. Nice colour, by the way. It's a pity the ink fell down." And what he couldn't see himself, right on his left cheek, about half an inch under his smiling eye, a spot of brilliant green was shining in the sunlight.

--------------------
user posted image

Le soleil se lève! This gorgeous sig was created by Bianca Blakely
{profile}{callboard-shipper}
PMEmail
^
Sophie Nightshade
 Posted: Nov 14 2011, 12:35 PM

Hufflepuff Sixth Year
1488 POSTS
N/A YEARS OLD
Muggle Born

The Sly came Sophie an odd sort of look after she spoke to him, and she guessed he hadn't foreseen being interrupted in such a manner. She was glad when he said he thought the ink had missed him. Sophie quickly pointed her wand at her robes and once again used the cleaning spell. It didn't come out from the fabric as well as it had from the floor, but at least it wasn't that noticeable.

She turned her attention back to his comment about the ink. "Oh, it's replaceable. I just should have been more careful packing my things is all," she said, starting to feel a tad embarrassed now that she realized how distracted she had been. What if she had bumped into someone? Sophie pushed away that thought and stepped closer to introduce herself when something caught her eye. Oops. Her ink hadn't missed him after all.

"Actually it looks like you did receive some collateral damage," she noted and pointed to the same spot on her own face so he'd know where to search. "You could just sport it for house pride or something," Sophie told him with a laugh. This particular mark made her remember that just a few weeks prior she was sporting her own bit of Slytherin pride in the form of a green streak in her hair thanks to Prof. Lane-Belvins.

--------------------
user posted image

Thanks to Nearra Morgan for the set and Melora MacKenna for the ability banner!
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

Logo Artwork: Hogwarts NZ